[ENDGAME] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Moderator: Community Team

So... what did you think?

I enjoyed this game very much!
12%
I will play Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
28%
This game was rather sad, like Gandalf's death before you realized he didn't actually die :O
12%
I found it strange that Glorfindel was both a role and a player all at once
16%
I wish that Day 2 wasn't 72 hours long
4%
I am a huge fan of J.R.R. Tolkien, and plan to read one of his many wonderful books in the near future
4%
Thank you for hosting Marmot, you were wonderful
24%

Total votes: 25
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [DAY 2] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:02 amsloonei's back
that was probably the most you're gonna get out of me for a while, unfortunately. Talk to me about things. How's INH looking? who do you want to vote for?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

inh is a player i remember misreading frequently because he has that really.... that sort of "aha! gotcha punk!" way of expressing his cases, which is at odds with my "consider all angles of everything even though it's sometimes impractical" method of gameplay. i think i agree with your assessment of inh here. especially the authentic bulldozer part. :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

who are you considering voting for?

we're currently in a situation similar to day 1, with nothing close to a consensus on any suspect. This day phase has been inordinately quiet and I'm not a fan. I won't be around much at all again tomorrow, but I'll try to chime in whenever I can. Please be active and make good decisions, folks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:06 am
that was probably the most you're gonna get out of me for a while, unfortunately. Talk to me about things. How's INH looking? who do you want to vote for?
i liked your case on DF, i think that's something worth pursuing and looking into.

i would like to ask for your thoughts on Jack, outside of his self-imposed posting quirk.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [DAY 1] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:15 pm
Ambray wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pm So I suddenly am working non stop over the next couple days, quite literally so won't be likely around to vote tomorrow.

In all the games I ever played of mafia I only played 1 that allowed role claiming and I still find it hard to wrap my head around it being an ok thing to do nowadays and I really can't say that I like it as a an allowance, but thems the kicks. :shrug2:

I remember yesterday being pinged by somebody, but I honestly do not have the energy in me right now to go back and reread, even just 2 pages worth. xD

I am getting civvie vibes from Kyle so far and I agree with his assessment of the role claiming situation - I am surprised at the amount of people disagreeing with him and calling him mafia for it...
I'm going to follow his lead and vote glorfindel, just cause.

Sorry to be so useless so early in the game.
Ambray is baaaaaaaaaad. Sad day.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:46 pm Amby's post was too big and felt fake. It doesn't feel like a post that would be made day 1... meaning it's forced.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:27 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:21 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:18 pm How bout we lynch Rico?
why not ambray?
Wasn't serious. Still after Amby.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:29 pm Kill it.

Amby must die.
wilgy has done one thing in this game, and that's call for Ambray's lynch. He's not building a case on her. He's just calling her bad. I'm not saying I necessarily disagree with the read, but given that this is his only content, I want more. This is uninspiring, and not really the chaos wilgy we've seen in the past. I could vote for this wilgy.

wilgy, say something else please and thanks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:25 am
i liked your case on DF, i think that's something worth pursuing and looking into.

i would like to ask for your thoughts on Jack, outside of his self-imposed posting quirk.
I don't have any specific thoughts on him at the moment. I kind of lost touch with this game over the weekend and lost track of things.

Sometimes I don't know what exactly his emojis mean and it doesn't seem like much has been made of him one way or the other. But he's been offering reads and making an effort to explain them without words. So while the quirk is limiting, he's not using it to avoid gameplay. I like that. But there's also a part of me that's worried no one has really jumped on his case yet. Maybe that's just because some of us have been vigilant about that sort of thing so far. I don't think I have the energy to ISO him right now. How about you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Remember that time I figured out INH was good for the same reasons but much quicker?

It's cause I'm so good at mafia.*
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 am Remember that time I figured out INH was good for the same reasons but much quicker?

are you using words now, or is this a one time thing? are you capable of articulating reasons why we should all vote for macdougall? why do you think you've received relatively little attention this game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:32 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:25 am

I don't have any specific thoughts on him at the moment. I kind of lost touch with this game over the weekend and lost track of things.

Sometimes I don't know what exactly his emojis mean and it doesn't seem like much has been made of him one way or the other. But he's been offering reads and making an effort to explain them without words. So while the quirk is limiting, he's not using it to avoid gameplay. I like that. But there's also a part of me that's worried no one has really jumped on his case yet. Maybe that's just because some of us have been vigilant about that sort of thing so far. I don't think I have the energy to ISO him right now. How about you?
my main issue is that his quirk lowers his amount of influence on the thread. he can post a bunch of wolf emojis after players posts and highlight particular sections of them to signify "i think this post by this player looks bad", and that's good i guess, but once we've cracked our first egg, it's going to be an issue because it's going to difficult to distinguish between real reads and fake reads. if we lynch a mafia and Jack has a suspect vote, looking back and seeing that he said "eyeroll emoji wolf emoji" about something that player had said is going to be less informative than the verbal equivalent would be.

so i guess what i want is.... cases. clear opinions. the real stuff. jack is a strong player so i want to see strong play, even if he's doing it via pictures of dogs and human faces.

linki- oh, those were words
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:24 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 am Remember that time I figured out INH was good for the same reasons but much quicker?

are you using words now, or is this a one time thing? are you capable of articulating reasons why we should all vote for macdougall? why do you think you've received relatively little attention this game?
I do what I want and I don't know what I'll want tomorrow.

Mac is bad because he doesn't feel like good Mac. He's bad because his accusation at Nutella and Sloonei of not hunting is bullshit. He's bad because when I called him bad for this, he said I was wrong, then said I was trying to mislynch him, then tried to say he hadn't said the later, then said my gimmick was stupid and tried to handwave my read. Mac's additionally bad for admitting his case on Nutella was always bullshit and then continuing with it anyway. I'm not messing around. I'm not unhappy with my vote. I think Mac is bad.

Cause my normal playstyle attracts attention. I could go back to all my games on this site (regardless of alignment) and find people saying they suspect me for vague reasons that actually boil down to "tone." Tone is different with smilies.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*Sometimes
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i am no longer worried about jack
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:56 am i am no longer worried about jack
:omg: :beer: :workit: :llama: :fiesta: :lorab: :yay: :guitar:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 136

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:43 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:24 am

I do what I want and I don't know what I'll want tomorrow.

Mac is bad because he doesn't feel like good Mac. He's bad because his accusation at Nutella and Sloonei of not hunting is bullshit. He's bad because when I called him bad for this, he said I was wrong, then said I was trying to mislynch him, then tried to say he hadn't said the later, then said my gimmick was stupid and tried to handwave my read. Mac's additionally bad for admitting his case on Nutella was always bullshit and then continuing with it anyway. I'm not messing around. I'm not unhappy with my vote. I think Mac is bad.

Cause my normal playstyle attracts attention. I could go back to all my games on this site (regardless of alignment) and find people saying they suspect me for vague reasons that actually boil down to "tone." Tone is different with smilies.
Lame and wrong.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

This is basically going to be the story of my mafia life. Phone posting Mac makes shorter posts and tends to just post stream of consciousness shit. Desktop Mac reads things and quotes people. Phone Mac here. Phone Mac out.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ambray »

Oh wow, a real quiet one again.

A lot of vote spreading... :scared:

Out of curiosity, when did it become the norm for flexible voting; that you could change it?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

General consensus is that changeable votes make for a more dynamic and fruitful game. I believe we couldn't have polls with changeable votes back in our origin site, Lostpedia Forums, so that became the norm in our isolated community. Most Mafia sites have changeable votes by default.

Votes right now: Long Con -> Epignosis -> Ambray -> Long Con.

Cute!
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Is there an actual case on anyone not named Mac?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:54 pm Is there an actual case on anyone not named Mac?
Not until you make one.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:54 pm Is there an actual case on anyone not named Mac?
I made a case on Epi.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:26 am
Ambray wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pm So I suddenly am working non stop over the next couple days, quite literally so won't be likely around to vote tomorrow.

In all the games I ever played of mafia I only played 1 that allowed role claiming and I still find it hard to wrap my head around it being an ok thing to do nowadays and I really can't say that I like it as a an allowance, but thems the kicks. :shrug2:

I remember yesterday being pinged by somebody, but I honestly do not have the energy in me right now to go back and reread, even just 2 pages worth. xD

I am getting civvie vibes from Kyle so far and I agree with his assessment of the role claiming situation - I am surprised at the amount of people disagreeing with him and calling him mafia for it...

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:46 pm Amby's post was too big and felt fake. It doesn't feel like a post that would be made day 1... meaning it's forced.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:27 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:21 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:18 pm How bout we lynch Rico?
why not ambray?
Wasn't serious. Still after Amby.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:29 pm Kill it.

Amby must die.
wilgy has done one thing in this game, and that's call for Ambray's lynch. He's not building a case on her. He's just calling her bad. I'm not saying I necessarily disagree with the read, but given that this is his only content, I want more. This is uninspiring, and not really the chaos wilgy we've seen in the past. I could vote for this wilgy.

wilgy, say something else please and thanks.
Soon.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by timmer »

Okay, so I've got a bit of time, so let's cover some questions...

First, DF... you are making my head do this:

So, here is your post:
Timmer is, intentionally or not, misrepresenting my admittedly terrible case.

My point was specifically that Rabbit seemed to have a high post count and low on-topic content. I went back and looked, at the time I voted Rabbit had made about 15 posts, Wilgy had made 12 (and literally half of those were posted altogether as a meme reference), and I had made one. And about half the players in this game (myself included) have quite a bit of experience playing with Rabbit in the past. I certainly remember him as always being jokey and strange, but also making insightful observations and taking strong stances. He does seem to have been engaging more later in the day, to be fair.

If anything, Timmer seems to be taking an easy option here and setting up a quiet player who makes weak votes as an easy target.
Can we break this down? The goal of a mafia player is to find the thing that feels the most "off" or is the most "pingy" and then go after it with a vote and a case. I found DF's Rabbit vote weak and pingy, so I explained it as such and voted DF. DF, in his rebuttal, actually BEGINS by agreeing with me that what he was, in his own words, terrible. I mean, it's right there. He then tries to suggest that there is a difference between a rabbit with "about 15" posts that were low on on-topic content, and a Wilgy with 12. I'll note here that there is an interesting difference in his descriptions of the two. Wilgy "had made 12" Rabbit had made "about 15". Why is one a definite number, but the one that is most pertinent is a rough estimate? Are we trying to help things a touch to make a point seem stronger? Or is this nothing? But the greater point here is, what the heck is the difference between 12 jokey posts, and "roughly 15"? How is 15 a reasonable pick for a vote, but 12 not?

Why do I harp on this? Because DF's point here is that my case against him (that he seemed to arbitrarily pick one jokey player to vote for, and why that one and not the others, etc.) is, in his words, me "taking an easy option and setting up a quiet player as an easy target". Those are big, negative terms. Setting up a player is not innuendo, that's a description of a baddie. So DF is trying to say that I'm bad for voting him. Not just that my vote was wrong. But that he was potentially malicious, and his reason? Wilgy had 12 posts. Rabbit "about 15" so clearly, not only was my case wrong, but it was setting DF up.
"
Y'all can shout out with your opinions on this, but I'm really not a fan of what seems to have boiled down to "NO U", imo. That DF tried to attach evil intent to my case feels very different from just suggesting that my case was wrong.

HOWEVER! Part 2 coming.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

But... then the lynch happened.

Now, I'm not going to go into too much detail about this for, but we've got the results of the lynch to look at, we've got the role list and some ideas that I have about some things, and then we've got the immediate posts after the lynch result. I am trying to judge DF within the context of these things, and despite the word choices he made that I just covered above etc. I weigh all of this together and I'm not sure that a lynch of DF at this time is a good idea. I could be over analyzing things, and I won't discuss this stuff too much because I think it wouldn't help the cause,

But I'm left with the notion that DF NO U'd me as a response to my vote against him, but not that he's necessarily bad. He definitely could be, but in terms of his reaction to me, I note also that he hasn't really mentioned the other people who voted for him at all, only me, which again, feels like a NO U.

So overall, I'm back to neutral on DF at this time, but I'm not a "fan" of how he handled my case against him.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

@Sloonei to respond to your post, when I said rabbit felt coasty, like I said, it wasn't an alignment read. I think some people may have a tendency to coast as a baddie early on, or as a civ, but I don't have a memory of rabbit coasting in any particular way, so it was something I noticed about him but didn't make me see him negatively.

Re: Kyle, I'm intrigued about how he reacted to seeing the lynch result when he came into the thread. I pressed him a bit on it to gauge his reactions, because it was a notable reaction:
hey okay. I put my vote on DFaraday as a placeholder and now he has 3 votes
It wasn't technically reading like he was a baddie who didn't like that people somehow took up his cause, I mean he had no cause to speak of. But it read like someone who was feeling an awareness of how his vote could come to be seen if his lynch vote became attached to the eventual lynchee. If this was a bigger game, with indies etc, I'd have a stronger feel that Kyle's reaction signalled a non-civ since I think non-civs tend to obsess over how their vote is viewed more than civs (others may disagree?). But with this smaller format, it doesn't feel as likely somehow. HOWEVER... if we down the road find out that DF flips bad, Kyle's comment would suddenly feel more like a baddie who placed an early vote on a teamie and now was reacting to what had happened. I'm not feeling that now, but if DF is bad, Kyle becomes a person of interest to me, instantly.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

As for Wilgy, I'm feeling like over time, it seems like people have just started giving him a pass for not contributing early on in games? I'm not a fan of that. Wilgy has been specifically asked for thoughts on Ambray, who has has said was bad, and he simply replied "soon". I'll say right now that if I can't find what feels like a really good spot for my vote, that Wilgy will be my fallback target today. In the absence of someone feeling bad, someone feeling deliberately unhelpful is the next best thing.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Just reread Ambray's ISO... the only thing that stands out to me is a sort of lack of leadership and sense that she talked up her thoughts on LC because she felt that she had to talk about something to sound contribute-y. Her posts go "not much to say, not much to say, thoughts on the LC situation, rehaash of that rehash of that" and now day 2 just "wow, not much going on". No sense of trying to get things moving, just a passive comment on how no one is doing much.

I can't remember of Ambray played a certain way when bad or good, so this could just be a disengaged player, or someone who at times has little time to get involved.

Must run for now.
My siggie.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I've been meaning to find this. This was Marmot's tie-policy in Mountain Mafia:
Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:34 am
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 am @Marmot any chance you can tell us how ties are handled?
In the event of a tie on Day 1, no one is lynched.

In the event of a tie on any other day, one of the tied players will randomly be chosen and cast into the abyss (lynched).
I think it's best if we avoid drawing any conclusions based on the no-lynch result.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I need to leave for work. I won't be here for the deadline. My gut is telling me to vote for Macdougall. It's Day 2 and that's the best I can muster. I'm sorry.

Please bring this thread to life while I am gone.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

To provide some form of elaboration, I feel like Mac has been his antagonistic self, but there's been no direction in any of his posts. He's referenced this a few times, and I do not doubt that he's legitimately having difficulty contributing more to the game, but that does not tell me anything about his alignment, and I could easily see a dispirited scum Mac in this performance.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

timmer wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:24 pmBut it read like someone who was feeling an awareness of how his vote could come to be seen if his lynch vote became attached to the eventual lynchee. If this was a bigger game, with indies etc, I'd have a stronger feel that Kyle's reaction signalled a non-civ since I think non-civs tend to obsess over how their vote is viewed more than civs (others may disagree?).
when people follow my votes or agree with my reasoning or say "I trust Kyle so I'm going to do this" it makes me question their motivation, because I can't fathom people looking at me and thinking "that guy probably knows what's up". That's a lot of why I tend to play more passively early on and why I tend to wait to vote until the end of early phases most of the time. I've been experimenting with earlier voting lately.

I place my vote on DF temporarily and see Epi put his vote there while he eats, suddenly you come up and vote there too, with a short case on him, I have to figure out for myself if your vote for him and the case you made were influenced at all by the fact that he already had 2 votes. It tilts my perspective in a way that wouldn't have been possible if my vote hadn't been there. The same thing happened with sofi.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

timmer wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:37 pm Just reread Ambray's ISO... the only thing that stands out to me is a sort of lack of leadership and sense that she talked up her thoughts on LC because she felt that she had to talk about something to sound contribute-y. Her posts go "not much to say, not much to say, thoughts on the LC situation, rehaash of that rehash of that" and now day 2 just "wow, not much going on". No sense of trying to get things moving, just a passive comment on how no one is doing much.

I can't remember of Ambray played a certain way when bad or good, so this could just be a disengaged player, or someone who at times has little time to get involved.

Must run for now.
No u.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

Honestly, I really feel like there isn't much to go on at this point. All a bit he said she said, so I can easily admit I'm just coasting.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I don't really feel like my head is fully in this game yet. I might have to come back and reread the last couple pages before the deadline because I haven't really absorbed much from Sloonei's ISOs and timmer's recent content-heavy posts. I think I'm most likely to vote for either DF or Mac but I am feeling pretty waffly on both of them at the moment. Ambray is also still on the table for me.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:44 pm I need to leave for work. I won't be here for the deadline. My gut is telling me to vote for Macdougall. It's Day 2 and that's the best I can muster. I'm sorry.

Please bring this thread to life while I am gone.
Jack doesn't know enough about how I play to differentiate me. His "case" doesn't even quote me.

Lynch me. Whatever.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I'm interested in seeing DF's response to Sloonei and Timmers' cases
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 81

Post by rabbit8 »

no laptop will be more active tues
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

Not many votes up there and don't like the ones on MacDougall
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Glorfindel »

My apologies for my recent absence, my friends! I should be good after this Day phase however. I was expecting like a dozen pages and have come back to about three. At this point, I think my vote will be going on either Nutella or Jack - even though we’re no longer posting in emoticons, the content is still far too light on for someone who is Town to be posting - I think it looks like he’s hiding something...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I want to expand on something I said earlier, the reason I feel okay about Jack's emoticon posting thing now is because he mentioned tone reads in his explanation to Sloonei. He mentioned tone being a problem for him in a recent game as well. I'm inclined to believe that that would be a motivation for him to try out an experimental thing like emote posting. I also feel less concerned about the potential for his self imposed posting restriction becoming a communication barrier because of his "this is what I feel like, maybe I'll feel like something else later", i don't believe that dedication to his posting code will get in the way of him giving reads. Otherwise his post felt very genuine to me, I believe him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I doubt Jack is bad because it would be a really unnecessary move for a Mafia to make, putting himself out there like that. I'd put the chance of it at below 5%.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Ehh I'm not feeling inspired by the "case" (if you could call it that) on DF. Can't really sort out how I feel about Mac. I'll probably vote for Ambray again.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ambray wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:22 pm Not many votes up there and don't like the ones on MacDougall
I appreciate that. So you are suspicious of me for voting for myself because you have a town read on me?

XD

Just skimmed your ISO btw and while I have no experience playing with you so I can't use that to read it, you exhibit quite a bit of the early game scumtells that I tend to pick up. Here goes ...
Ambray wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:30 pm THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO.....

Spoilers. :srsnod:
Ambray wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:10 pm

Greetings Ambray! I don't believe we've ever played together. What can you tell me about your mafia background?
*Shows n00b card*

I have one of these and I think lynching Kyle is always a good idea. :nicenod:
Fluffy entry contribution. I sense discomfort and a brave face.
Ambray wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:00 pm Lolololol. Here we go.

Not I'm not new. I started playing 10years ago on LP and have played on various sites since with several people here. But it has been a long time since I last played, excluding the speed game or whatever you called it I played on here the other night.

And if Kyle talks about SoFi, he's talking about me - that used to be my name....

I also like to lynch him a lot. For giggles.
Not sure what it is pingy about the first sentences but the prefix lolololol and here we go just feel added for affect or something.

The trademark apology I've been busy post. A scum favourite.
Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:27 pm Haven't actually read the thread yet, but thought I should post as I seem to have attracted some votes. I assume for the way I voted and left.

My reason for voting the way is I thought I would have to vote last night as I wasn't expecting to be here today. I hate to not vote at all, because why sign up?

I did is I didn't have any suspicions as such that warranted me making a post and voting for someone of my own suspicions. Kyle is giving me completely opposite vibes to the game I played with him a week or so ago, a burglary I admit so short and sweet, but I agreed with his assessment of the role reveals and I saw he had made a post about glorfindel and so just as I needed to vote - I followed that. Hence the 'just cause' of my post. I expected it to be a throwaway vote and not taken seriously or followed, tbh. I knew more discussion would happen and probably other suspects followed.

Of course, it would've been nicer if it hadn't been me. :goofp:

I have a few pages to read now.
Two consecutive large posts quoting nobody, and aimed at nobody in particular. Let's not offend people right?

After that there was a big post answering a ton of people at once with short answers, which is NAI and after the pressure went off Ambray also went off, as in, went into hiding mode.

Basically I don't understand how I am getting votes in a game that Ambray exists. It's not like an overwhelming factoid based case but the tone and style of posts are like trademark early game Mafia and right now we're apparently struggling for a good case, look no further imo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I like these two posts. He sensed the same ping as I did and regardless they tone read civ to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: [DAY 0] - The Fellowship of the Ring Mafia (LoTR I)

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 pm Hot take ambray and sloonei are scum mates gg
I actually agree.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:30 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:19 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 pm Hot take ambray and sloonei are scum mates gg
Tell me more
you're asking all these questions to the point of sounding fake

idk the chance that you're actually teammates is probably pretty low, especially with all this interaction right after the game thread opens on day 0, but still I could see it as a possibility based on this behavior. and making a bold assertion like this should stimulate the discussion. hence the hot take
I like to ask questions. They also stimulate the conversation.
I actually don't know what I was thinking when I called nutella bad for that post because at my DESKTOP and having the energy to think I actually agree with her read entirely.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:46 amHalo!
I don't believe I've played with you before either, rabbit. Tell me about yourself.
I love this post because you made it entirely to prove that you ask those questions of everybody because nutella called out the ones you made re: Ambray.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:11 pm @Amby, why hasn't your wagon accelerated? What is keeping you mostly at the same pace of the others?
Because the player who is most likely to dictate the thread's activity is her teammate obviously.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:03 pm Real explanation: I've gotten so bored of the same cycle I go through at the beginning of every game of getting annoyed at everyone's (IMO) pointless reads that at this point I've decided to embrace it and just post random accusatory nonsense until someone does something worthy of actual suspicion.
Town
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

hmmmm going to iso mac and sofi
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:53 pm
Ambray wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:22 pm Not many votes up there and don't like the ones on MacDougall
I appreciate that. So you are suspicious of me for voting for myself because you have a town read on me?

XD

Just skimmed your ISO btw and while I have no experience playing with you so I can't use that to read it, you exhibit quite a bit of the early game scumtells that I tend to pick up. Here goes ...

Ambray wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:10 pm

Greetings Ambray! I don't believe we've ever played together. What can you tell me about your mafia background?
*Shows n00b card*

I have one of these and I think lynching Kyle is always a good idea. :nicenod:
Fluffy entry contribution. I sense discomfort and a brave face.
Ambray wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:00 pm Lolololol. Here we go.

Not I'm not new. I started playing 10years ago on LP and have played on various sites since with several people here. But it has been a long time since I last played, excluding the speed game or whatever you called it I played on here the other night.

And if Kyle talks about SoFi, he's talking about me - that used to be my name....

I also like to lynch him a lot. For giggles.
Not sure what it is pingy about the first sentences but the prefix lolololol and here we go just feel added for affect or something.

The trademark apology I've been busy post. A scum favourite.
Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:27 pm Haven't actually read the thread yet, but thought I should post as I seem to have attracted some votes. I assume for the way I voted and left.

My reason for voting the way is I thought I would have to vote last night as I wasn't expecting to be here today. I hate to not vote at all, because why sign up?

I did is I didn't have any suspicions as such that warranted me making a post and voting for someone of my own suspicions. Kyle is giving me completely opposite vibes to the game I played with him a week or so ago, a burglary I admit so short and sweet, but I agreed with his assessment of the role reveals and I saw he had made a post about glorfindel and so just as I needed to vote - I followed that. Hence the 'just cause' of my post. I expected it to be a throwaway vote and not taken seriously or followed, tbh. I knew more discussion would happen and probably other suspects followed.

Of course, it would've been nicer if it hadn't been me. :goofp:

I have a few pages to read now.
Two consecutive large posts quoting nobody, and aimed at nobody in particular. Let's not offend people right?

After that there was a big post answering a ton of people at once with short answers, which is NAI and after the pressure went off Ambray also went off, as in, went into hiding mode.

Basically I don't understand how I am getting votes in a game that Ambray exists. It's not like an overwhelming factoid based case but the tone and style of posts are like trademark early game Mafia and right now we're apparently struggling for a good case, look no further imo.
Dude, never did I say I was suspicious of you. Way to put words into my mouth.

I said I didn't like the votes sitting on you. That was all.
Simply because you said you have given up and due to you saying that multiple times I've just classes you as civ. Yet here you are fighting and making cases... :shrug:

Yes, there was discomfort. I'm out of practice playing mafia.

My 'lolol' post is because literally the exact same conversation had just happened in the burglary game not long before. I've also joked about being n00b in other games. I like to joke.

I've started a new job since signing up to this game and am working 15hour days on top of studies. Not sure I can really defend against my real life there...

And again with the large post shit.

WTF has mafia turned into that those are considered large posts. For real.

Return to “Previous Heists”