Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 292

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 11]

Post by speedchuck »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:14 pm Obviously I could be wrong, I just think it's significantly more likely there's another explanation that Sig swapped sides.
:ponder:

Maybe Iron_Dwarf was the brother and Sig noticed the update too late?
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by Kites »

sig changed side last night like the night post tells you
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Okay.

Assuming Sig is telling the truth to the best of his knowlege, that basically makes Kenway mafia. There aren't enough roles left to handle the shenanigans that would somehow make Kylemii be the dead mafioso.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Mechanically (some people have been keeping up with this better than me) is there anyone Sig could NOT be scum with, in the case of 2 scum left?

If Kenway was scum, is anyone cleared?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

if kenway was scum he couldn’t have killed kyle because sig is faster. I know that nutella and sig couldn’t have killed kyle because i targeted him

so it was either bob or speed
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kites wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:41 pm if kenway was scum he couldn’t have killed kyle because sig is faster. I know that nutella and sig couldn’t have killed kyle because i targeted him

so it was either bob or speed
That's a good point. Just to verify, though:

If Kenway was scum he could have reversed your action.
Abilities Kenway could have reversed last night:
-Votesteal (speed)
-Redirect (nutella)
-Redirect (cbob)
-Vigkill (Sig)
-Archer (Kites)
-Other Sage/mage type (Kylemii)

Do you think it likely that you might have been reversed?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

kenway didn’t reverse anything because he died before doing the action
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

I know for a fact, assuming my background isn't misleading that my brother is mafia and that I can't kill my brother if I target them.

So unless another role superseded my inability to kill my brother that would mean Kenway is mafia, but not my brother. And that Kyle was mafia and my brother. However, mafia killed Kyle and he was mafia so that has to leave Kenway.

And yes I'm being slightly OMGUS, since you seem to be attempting to turn the tables and get me lynched and I know I'm a civ.
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kites wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:49 pm kenway didn’t reverse anything because he died before doing the action
:srsnod: Gotcha.

So I should vote Sig or cbob.

Possible worlds are:
KenwayxCbob
KenwayxSpeed
SigxAnyone

Is this wrong?

linki: okay wtf I'm confused.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sig wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:51 pm I know for a fact, assuming my background isn't misleading that my brother is mafia and that I can't kill my brother if I target them.

So unless another role superseded my inability to kill my brother that would mean Kenway is mafia, but not my brother. And that Kyle was mafia and my brother. However, mafia killed Kyle and he was mafia so that has to leave Kenway.

And yes I'm being slightly OMGUS, since you seem to be attempting to turn the tables and get me lynched and I know I'm a civ.
Hammer us out a conclusion. Tell me what you think happened. This post feels self-contradictory.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

dude if you’re town you would have voted for bob already cos you’d know that you’re town and he was the only person able to make the kill

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

These four people voted for RDW

speedchuck, nutella, colonialbob, Kylemii

Kyle is dead, but I think the last mafia was on this wagon. They had to remove one of RDWs lives to than night kill. If he was killed first he'd have been a lock cleared civ. Andb scum didn't want to go into end game with RDW having two lives.

linki: Looking at voting and behavior Kyle seems more likely to be mafia, however with all the actions that we see I can't fathom how mafia would've killed one of their own. The only conclusion I can think of than is that Kenway was mafia.

And it is kind off contradictory since I'm not sure what happened or other people's secret actions/backgrounds.

Looking back Cbob was the player who pushed RDW with his plan for it to give us no results that's a bad look. However the reaosn i'm doubting this is that most of the scum team wasn't very active and if the scum is currently being suspected it makes so much more sense for them to lay back which is what Nutella has been doing. She also popped in and voted for RDW. However, with the way things have shaken up, it appears she can't be mafia? (At this point I'm not sure if I'm just tin foiling on nutella or if what I've been saying have any bearing.)

If she can't be mafia than at this point it makes the most sense to go for Bob. The other options would be speed or Kites, but nobody seems to suspect them.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kites wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:57 pm dude if you’re town you would have voted for bob already cos you’d know that you’re town and he was the only person able to make the kill

But, that would mean Bob is his mafia partner?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Okay reading back we've from at least day 9 stopped scum hunting and have entered this limbo of mechanics and night actions. In a game with so much shit not revealed from background stories to promotions this isn't the way to be playing at end game. The main player pushing this is Bob and its distracted from hunting and allowed RDW a civ to get lynched to reveal mafia which didn't even happen.

The question is though, is it more town sided or scum sided to focus on this? As mafia he'd have more knowledge and could potentially mess with plans. However, he does seem to be putting in a fair amount of thought, which seems town sided.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

[VOTE: UNVOTE] aubergine
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'll be in and out until 5ish

[mention]Kites[/mention] Explain your Speed vote to me please

And I'd like everyone's thoughts on Nutella. She's pretty much gone afk this phase and her last minute vote for rdw the other phase doesn't look good also explain mechanically how she can't be mafia.

In writing my last few posts I've talked myself into a Bob lynch, I'll be willing to switch, but I need some other players feedback into his posts these last few days.

[VOTE: Bob] aubergine
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Kites wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:57 pm dude if you’re town you would have voted for bob already cos you’d know that you’re town and he was the only person able to make the kill

This.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

sig wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:06 pm Okay reading back we've from at least day 9 stopped scum hunting and have entered this limbo of mechanics and night actions. In a game with so much shit not revealed from background stories to promotions this isn't the way to be playing at end game. The main player pushing this is Bob and its distracted from hunting and allowed RDW a civ to get lynched to reveal mafia which didn't even happen.

The question is though, is it more town sided or scum sided to focus on this? As mafia he'd have more knowledge and could potentially mess with plans. However, he does seem to be putting in a fair amount of thought, which seems town sided.
Bullshit. I was PoE-ing through mechanics. Not trying to toot my own horn too much but I was basically the only one trying to solve for good parts of the last couple day phases (basically since DDL got killed). If anything RDW was lynched because of hunting (I read him as mafia, his vote saving lapluie, etc), not because we were overly focused on mechanics.
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

sig wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:12 pm I'll be in and out until 5ish

@Kites Explain your Speed vote to me please

And I'd like everyone's thoughts on Nutella. She's pretty much gone afk this phase and her last minute vote for rdw the other phase doesn't look good also explain mechanically how she can't be mafia.

In writing my last few posts I've talked myself into a Bob lynch, I'll be willing to switch, but I need some other players feedback into his posts these last few days.

i was sure that nutella was scum before you revealed this mafia brother thing, it messed everything up. we can’t be sure if kenway was bad or not, or if there’s 1 or 2 scum left, so the best thing to do is go after kyle’s killer and only two people could have killed him last night, bob or speed, and speed is being scummier imo

bob made this civ move first thing the day started but speed is just trying to spread sig wifom
colonialbob wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:55 pm I used my guide last night on nutella, with the understanding that Kenway reversed it.

Since Kites targeted Kyle, and I know I'm not mafia...

also this
Kites wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:01 pm lynch has been inexplicably redirected twice to a person speedchuck voted

first drwhite
then first life of iron dwarf, but speedchuck actually tried to change his vote to sig but he didn’t do it in time
i bet he has a power he hasn’t told us about, neither of those lynches were possible based on what we know.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

And if I'm mafia I wouldn't have? I don't know what point you're trying to make.

This game has like 5 mechanics per person in it. I'm gonna make damn sure I know where my vote is going before I vote.

In a game with misdirections around every corner, I'm not taking any chances.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kites wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:55 pm bob made this civ move first thing the day started but speed is just trying to spread sig wifom
What do you think the deal with Sig is? His story doesn't match what we've seen?
I think you're town. You are doing us a disservice by completely ignoring recent developments and pushing a conclusion hours early.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kites wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:55 pm
sig wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:12 pm I'll be in and out until 5ish

@Kites Explain your Speed vote to me please

i was sure that nutella was scum before you revealed this mafia brother thing, it messed everything up. we can’t be sure if kenway was bad or not, or if there’s 1 or 2 scum left, so the best thing to do is go after kyle’s killer and only two people could have killed him last night, bob or speed, and speed is being scummier imo
You're freaking kidding me.

"I was sure that nutella was scum but then I listened to Sig"
"Speedchuck is scum because he's listening to sig."

I'm not letting this game end on my mislynch because I took the time to puzzle things out.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Ok I'm most confident in a bob vote given these circumstances. Sig could be lying and speed could be bad but the bob/kenway theory is looking by far the most likely. Crossing my fingers. [VOTE: cbob] aubergine
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Kites wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:55 pm bob made this civ move first thing the day started but speed is just trying to spread sig wifom
What do you think the deal with Sig is? His story doesn't match what we've seen?
I think you're town. You are doing us a disservice by completely ignoring recent developments and pushing a conclusion hours early.
i think sig is town and he i believe he is telling the truth. i mean it’s kinda absurd he would lie and come up with this mafia brother thing after jack for some reason sent sig to rico’s army. something must have triggered this event to happen. Actions that happened on nights prior the latest night are unclear now, so Im looking at the events of last night. if sig is telling the truth, there is 1 mafia left and that is kyle’s killer and that’s either you and bob, and i believe you’re better choice to lynch, that’s it. even if sig is lying, you or bob killed kyle
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

guys i have an idea

speedchuck stole nutella’s vote yeah?

so kites bob nutella vote for speed

speed and sig vote bob

if speed stole nutella vote he couldn’t have killed kyle and bob dies as scum. if speed killed kyle he didn’t steal nutella’s vote and speed dies as scum

but then again this can only work if there is 1 scum left so... thoughts?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kites wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:03 pm guys i have an idea

speed and sig vote bob

if speed stole nutella vote he couldn’t have killed kyle and bob dies as scum. if speed killed kyle he didn’t steal nutella’s vote and speed dies as scum

:ponder:

If Sig is telling the truth, and there's only one scum, this works out.

If Sig is lying and scum, it doesn't work for me. He'll switch at the last second. So you're asking me to base town winning the game on Sig telling the truth.

As I've said earlier, I think Sig is being honest. I can go along with this. And I've worked it over in my head. Even adding backstories in there, I don't see much of a way that the killer was outside of Bob and I.

[VOTE: Cbob] aubergine

I would like other opinions, but even if we don't go with this plan, IDK if I will change my vote.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kites wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:03 pm guys i have an idea

speed and sig vote bob

This sounds like it could work.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@nutella you wanna switch your vote to speed for us.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@Nutella
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

[mention]nutella[/mention]

There we go
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Like nutella is gonna swap her vote to her teammate

[mention]sig[/mention] If she doesn't swap by like 15 min before deadline please switch your vote to speed
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

i hope nutella comes back in time. she shouldn’t be mafia because if there’s 2 scum it’s sig

i guess the backup plan in case sig does a last minute vote change is to vote the bob asap. the suspense is killing meee
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

20 minutes
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

[mention]sig[/mention] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

I'm about to be real grumpy.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Not at Sig specifically, just at the way I feel like this is going to play out.

(Ok admittedly a little at Sig :p )
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ahhh shit sorry guys I didn't come back in time for this plan. Work got busy and I just got a chance for a break and see the poll is closed and I was apparently supposed to change to speed. Ugh if we lose because of this I'mma feel so bad, sorry guys awful timing :sigh:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

nutella wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:30 pm Ahhh shit sorry guys I didn't come back in time for this plan. Work got busy and I just got a chance for a break and see the poll is closed and I was apparently supposed to change to speed. Ugh if we lose because of this I'mma feel so bad, sorry guys awful timing :sigh:
Bravo, take your bow, well played.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I swear by my moderator promotion that I am telling the truth here. I honestly missed it until just now. It's awful but it's true. Sorry. :disappoint:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Fwiw I still think bob is more likely bad, but I think I see how the plan would have worked either way. We'll see I guess.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

(FWIW I'm not super salty at nutella, sorry if it comes across that way)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

cmon Jack of Farts
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

I let Leslie Nelson down :(
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Fire Emblem Day 11

Ring looked around at her accusers.

“Maybe if you had more loyalty to your friends, you would have noticed they weren’t themselves. I’ve been among you this whole time.”

Ring’s body sparkled and then disappeared.

“Lolwut?” Rico asked, perceptively.

“She’s saying one of you is a traitor!” Speedie pointed her blade from one recruit to another, trying to decide where to use it. Her decision making process was interrupted by a terrible roar.

A massive shadow fell over the group. Everyone looked up to see a big ole dragon soaring overhead. Sig looked at his wyvern and looked down in shame.

“Find Ring!” Speedie snapped. “That’s an order!” She ran to Sloonei, who twirled his spear like a freaking helicopter and the two of them flew off to engage the dragon.

The rest of Rico’s army looked at each other.

Dunya was the first to draw her blade. “It’s Bob. He’s been acting suspicious this whole time.”

“You don’t like the way I act? You’ve been sneaking around, disappearing off to who knows where. Well I know where, Dunya. You’re Ring aren’t you?” Bob drew his sword.

“I’m a freaking spy! You can’t spy on the enemy if you’re always hanging out with your own team! You never gave Hazel the time of day before and now you’re together? Change of heart? More like you’re not even the same person.”

At the sound of someone questioning his A ranked love for Hazel, Bob threw himself forward, giant sword in hand. Dunya darted towards him in a zigzag pattern. The two collided and Dunya’s blade met Bob’s. Her other blade entered his stomach. “Fyi, I promoted to assassin, scum.”

Bob fell backwards into Hazel and then collapsed to the ground.

“No…Colonel. You can’t die. Bob, you can’t die. I never told you that…”

He clutched the pegasus rider’s arm. “It’s…okay. I…know…I… love you…too.”

“No, it’s not that,” Hazel did her best to hold back the tears. “I never told you that…I’m not Hazel.”

Bob looked up at the woman he had known for years in confusion before she drove her spear into his skull. He faded away immediately.

ColonialBob has been lynched. He was a scarred mercenary commander. (Town)

Sig took his own spear and rushed towards Hazel but a dark energy enveloped him and drained the life out of his body.

Sig has been endgamed. He was the brother of a villain. (Town)

Elsewhere, a young girl with a bow fired at the dragon, doing 2 damage. It breathed on her, melting her into nothing. Then the nothing faded away.

Kites has been endgamed. She was somebody’s sister. (Town)

“Fuck this noise.” Rico ragequit and threw his GBA across the room. “Didn’t want to play this stupid game anyhow."

Nutella has won the game. She was Pinky, evil puppetmaster. (Mafia)

Dunya/Speedchuck has won the game. They were Ring, tragic loyalist. (Mafia)

Lapulie, Quin and Iron Dwarf have won with their team.

Thanks for playing, folks. I hope you enjoyed the game as much as I enjoyed hosting it.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

EBWOP Nielson, effing autocorrect
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So Jay. How bout that Dunya.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Congrats mafia! Sincerely, very well-played.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:51 pm So Jay. How bout that Dunya.
[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] :shrug2:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Which one was the don?

Return to “Previous Jobs”