47%

Total votes: 17
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 453

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 9

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:41 pm Yeah it was.
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:24 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:15 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:12 pm He and Epignosis are mafia partners :shrug:
Can you elaborate on that a bit? I am not 100% sure I think Chuck is bad minus LC,but then, I am not sure he isn't either (although I think the Nutella thing is BS to be totally fair) and if you explained it to me like I was 12 I might actually agree with you. I wanted to hang Chuck high just 48-72 short hours ago, maybe less.
I think I made a pretty open and shut case on Chuck and Epi roundabouts Day 2 of Pikachu thread but the long and short is they both dicked around with their votes D1 to vote for Quin. Then of course there's Nutella's flip.

Epignosis seemed mostly focused on discussing/theorizing about the other tribe (whomever happened to be on it at the time) and his failure most recently to engage with similar theorizing relating to the tribe he was actually in pinged me. So. There ya go.

Epi and Chuck are mafia together.
Answered.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:09 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:24 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:15 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:12 pm He and Epignosis are mafia partners :shrug:
Can you elaborate on that a bit? I am not 100% sure I think Chuck is bad minus LC,but then, I am not sure he isn't either (although I think the Nutella thing is BS to be totally fair) and if you explained it to me like I was 12 I might actually agree with you. I wanted to hang Chuck high just 48-72 short hours ago, maybe less.
I think I made a pretty open and shut case on Chuck and Epi roundabouts Day 2 of Pikachu thread but the long and short is they both dicked around with their votes D1 to vote for Quin. Then of course there's Nutella's flip.
I'll dick around as I please on Day 1. If you think I'd save speedchuck with that shitty "mafia" role of his Day 1 (I still don't buy it was a mafia role), you're gravely mistaken.

Hell, you are gravely mistaken.
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:24 pmEpignosis seemed mostly focused on discussing/theorizing about the other tribe (whomever happened to be on it at the time) and his failure most recently to engage with similar theorizing relating to the tribe he was actually in pinged me. So. There ya go.

Epi and Chuck are mafia together.
This is spinning things in a dishonest manner. I explained why I felt comfortable speculating on a Night 1 kill of nijuukyugou as opposed to a Night 8 kill of a semi-lock civilian. There is no "failure" about it. I answered your question, but you're just being hard-headed.

You have my permission to use my gif.
If anyone wants a more detailed answer, I can provide it from the original thread.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DH is spinning anything and everything to get me lynched.

At first, I believed in his conviction and regarded it a mark in his favor. However, if he is going to keep pounding this drum while voting for other people, then I think he's full of shit, and I'm voting accordingly.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:33 pm [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
From this thread.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 190

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:57 pm
From this thread.
Thanks I forgot to vote in the poll.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:57 pm
From this thread.
I think you just voted in the thread and then the hosts made the poll after that.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:00 pm
From this thread.
I think you just voted in the thread and then the hosts made the poll after that.
I think that he voted in the poll and then his vote was deleted when I removed dead people from the poll.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Yeah, I'm not voting for DH.

One of colonialbob, DrWilgy, or someone I haven't met yet is getting mine.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:00 pm
From this thread.
I think that he voted in the poll and then his vote was deleted when I removed dead people from the poll.
:suspish:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:47 pm DH is trying to get other people to lynch me.

He won't do the deed himself.

[VOTE: DharmaHelper] aubergine

Bring it.
why
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:06 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:47 pm DH is trying to get other people to lynch me.

He won't do the deed himself.

[VOTE: DharmaHelper] aubergine

Bring it.
why
The explanation is literally in the quote you quoted.

"DH is trying to get other people to lynch me. He won't do the deed himself."

Are you asking me why DH is trying to get other people to lynch me? I don't know. Ask him.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 92

Post by speedchuck »

DH is refrigerator tho
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:40 pm DH is refrigerator tho
Is Refrigerator good?

And nobody ever explained how DH is that role either.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:44 pm
Is Refrigerator good?

Refrigerator provides protection, at a cost. It could be good or bad, I guess, but I lean good. Mafia roles aren't usually half-assed if you're helping teammates with them. I'd believe doctor before refrigerator.

As for why:

Pikachu:
cbob - fak lynch D6 role
DDL - vote manip
DH - has not been haiku'd I think
Dom - not the guy taking me off the poll
Epi - has been haiku'd
LC - dead mafia
nut - dead mafia
Quin - probably the guy taking me off the poll
speedchuck
sprit - cecil
SVS - plague

Haiku is still alive. The haikus did not follow us into Cerberus when the button was pressed. Of the unknowns (Dom, Epi, DH, Quin), Dom and Quin came with us to pikachu. Haikudude (DH or Epi) stayed.

Granted, you could have haiku'd yourself, unless I've forgotten or am missing something. And I know you can't confess to that. Heck, it might make sense as you protecting yourself.

Okay, so haiku is either Epi or DH. I forget why I had it as DH for sure.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:32 pm Sloonei

Why did you not want to tell your tribe what you learned at Pikachu? I found that perplexing.

Linki, I don't think they did, at least not together, But you do you, I'll do me.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I shared every piece of mechanical information I could glean from my peak into your thread with my tribemates, and I answered as many questions about it as I could.

I did not share any personal reads in indvidual players which I had from my peak. I saw no benefit to doing that. The reads would mean nothing to peopke who could not also see the Pikachu thread, and the only players who I thought might have some form of access to it were mafia members whose teammates and BTSC partners were in Pikachu. I had no desire to provide information which I thought could only benefit the bad guys.

Hi I just got home and I see that we've all merged at long last. I'm uh not gonna have time for this tonight, unfortunately. I'll get busy in here tomorrow afternoon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:53 pm
Is Refrigerator good?

Refrigerator provides protection, at a cost. It could be good or bad, I guess, but I lean good. Mafia roles aren't usually half-assed if you're helping teammates with them. I'd believe doctor before refrigerator.

As for why:

Pikachu:
cbob - fak lynch D6 role
DDL - vote manip
Epi - has been haiku'd
LC - dead mafia
nut - dead mafia
speedchuck
sprit - cecil
SVS - plague

Haiku is still alive. The haikus did not follow us into Cerberus when the button was pressed. Of the unknowns (Dom, Epi, DH, Quin), Dom and Quin came with us to pikachu. Haikudude (DH or Epi) stayed.

Granted, you could have haiku'd yourself, unless I've forgotten or am missing something. And I know you can't confess to that. Heck, it might make sense as you protecting yourself.

pretty sure its dom
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:23 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:18 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:27 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:56 pm The difference between our speculations is that we know one exists(existed) and one is entirely speculation.

Yes, you know nutella better than I do, but predicting how she plays a role is circumstantial. I, conversely, don’t like hoarding cool powers, but sometimes I do.
I think balance would require that they both exist. As I said multiple times, I was at the front of the "Chuck is Bad" queue, but if he is not LC's teammate, I have problems with that. Either he is LCs teammate, or he is Nutellas target. Not both. I just find the opportunism disturbing. The thread based reasons for him being bad are totally contradicted by him potentially being Nutellas target. The moon comes out in the morning and the Sun shines at the North Pole on New Years day if Chuck is bad but not LCs teammate.

After I took flak for "railroading" LC, this readiness to turn on someone for a reveal in a game where nothing is known or predictable is something I find ill done.

And that's all I have to say about that.
I don't know if this was said, but nutella can't target her own teammate, and LC and nutella were teammates. Do you think nutella was not LC's teammate?

Excuse me if I am misunderstanding your argument.
No, I don't think that. I think either Chuck is LCs teammate OR he is not bad. For Nutella to have flipped him civ, he would have to be on Marmots team, and why the hell would Chuck go out on a limb like that for LC if he was a baddie on the other team?

i think placing him on Marmots team makes zero sense. And if he was on LC's team, then Nutella could not have faux flipped him. You can't have both.

My argument is that if there is a baddie faux role flipper there prolly is a true flipper, too. Becasue a world with Chuck bad on a team opposed to LC makes no sense at all.
Is there historical precedence for this? in terms of games and roles from the past year
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

this game is now my sole thing of attention, as far as mafia goes, because I was rudely murdered to death. i will have some time during the latter half of this eweek for reading things so I will take that opportunity to dig into 'chu
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I just finished reading the remaining 5 pages after Pikachu joined our old tribe. Holy hell, SVS. You really think I’m bad :kadaj: and holy hell, speed. After the nutella reveal, you really kicked it into high gear. Like, he’s been saying some pretty helpful stuff if you do go back and read the last 3 pages of Bidoof. A large part of me wants to assume you want to remain in the civ limelight, backed by your cheerleaders SVS and Quin, but remain a hamster in a pig pen.

Okie I need to go to bed but will pick up tomorrow.
In the interim, I must say that I’m getting a pretty strong opinions about some people and it was pretty fluid while reading through the old thread.

sig looks good. He seems like he’s spontaneous and playing a totally different game from before. His accusations are a tad misplaced but he seems actively trying to solve the game.

LoRab looks better too. It seems once Sloonei and I left she became gregarious. Sig might be right that she might be indie, but I’d lean slight civ-indie as of now.

Quin and DDL seem like solid chaps. I get annoyed town reads from them.

SVS is solid town, even if she’s totes tunneling down the wrong path with me and speed. She seems to be caught up in my ringleadering of getting as much votes as I can on day 5. Well duh. I’m not gonna disputed that i also tried to get votes across on day 4. And day 3. Day 6 I knew Cbob was getting lynched (though now knowing he didn’t have to) so I figured we would just keep getting picked off if we didn’t get a lynch through. So ya, suspect me for sharing the day LC got lynched. I’ll own it but selfishly, I still would have loved to get one across for my own sanity.

I think she might eat a hat when it comes to speed, unfortunately, and should have a doctor close at hand when he is lynched as mafia.

I forgot INH was playing again, but I’ve said it before- I don’t think he is bad, of the absentees, he’s been the most peeved to receive flak, and that goes for both before he died and after.

Nothing has changed for nijuu. She still a null read.

I can’t say the same for Boomslang. Holy hell. 2 posts that basically amount to “I wanna wish you all good luck, we’re all counting on you”. The initial suspicion of Boom early on revolves around whether or not he would kill nijuu N1. I don’t think he did, nor am I going to go down that WIFOM path again, but now keeping in mind 2 teams, he’s definitely a candidate for Evil Evens. He’s that one balloon at a kids party that has a small hole and has basically lost all its air but the adults just don’t feel like getting around to throwing it out because the other balloons make up for it.

Cbob can also join the shitlist for doing nothing. I didn’t really get a good impression of him when I perused Pikachu nor do I like him now.

Ok goig to bed
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:59 pm I'm counting on you, Quin.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:11 am What I'm trying to say is that if anybody on our side sabotaged the challenge, their only real motivation for that would be that there's a higher chance of scum being sent over from the other tribe than ours. So if Sloonei (or a top townie over there) flip bad, we can look back at this event.

This is all assuming they have BTSC to coordinate this, which I don't see why they wouldn't.
Long Con and nutella did the challenge. Both were bad.

:noble:

Are you an Evil Even, Sloonei?
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:26 am I just finished reading the remaining 5 pages after Pikachu joined our old tribe. Holy hell, SVS. You really think I’m bad :kadaj: and holy hell, speed. After the nutella reveal, you really kicked it into high gear. Like, he’s been saying some pretty helpful stuff if you do go back and read the last 3 pages of Bidoof. A large part of me wants to assume you want to remain in the civ limelight, backed by your cheerleaders SVS and Quin, but remain a hamster in a pig pen.

Okie I need to go to bed but will pick up tomorrow.
In the interim, I must say that I’m getting a pretty strong opinions about some people and it was pretty fluid while reading through the old thread.

sig looks good. He seems like he’s spontaneous and playing a totally different game from before. His accusations are a tad misplaced but he seems actively trying to solve the game.

LoRab looks better too. It seems once Sloonei and I left she became gregarious. Sig might be right that she might be indie, but I’d lean slight civ-indie as of now.

Quin and DDL seem like solid chaps. I get annoyed town reads from them.

SVS is solid town, even if she’s totes tunneling down the wrong path with me and speed. She seems to be caught up in my ringleadering of getting as much votes as I can on day 5. Well duh. I’m not gonna disputed that i also tried to get votes across on day 4. And day 3. Day 6 I knew Cbob was getting lynched (though now knowing he didn’t have to) so I figured we would just keep getting picked off if we didn’t get a lynch through. So ya, suspect me for sharing the day LC got lynched. I’ll own it but selfishly, I still would have loved to get one across for my own sanity.

I think she might eat a hat when it comes to speed, unfortunately, and should have a doctor close at hand when he is lynched as mafia.

I forgot INH was playing again, but I’ve said it before- I don’t think he is bad, of the absentees, he’s been the most peeved to receive flak, and that goes for both before he died and after.

Nothing has changed for nijuu. She still a null read.

I can’t say the same for Boomslang. Holy hell. 2 posts that basically amount to “I wanna wish you all good luck, we’re all counting on you”. The initial suspicion of Boom early on revolves around whether or not he would kill nijuu N1. I don’t think he did, nor am I going to go down that WIFOM path again, but now keeping in mind 2 teams, he’s definitely a candidate for Evil Evens. He’s that one balloon at a kids party that has a small hole and has basically lost all its air but the adults just don’t feel like getting around to throwing it out because the other balloons make up for it.

Cbob can also join the shitlist for doing nothing. I didn’t really get a good impression of him when I perused Pikachu nor do I like him now.

Ok goig to bed
First, I said I would eat a hat if he is Mafia not on LCs team. And I do not like hats, I doubt I will be eating one. Chuckles is either civ, or LCs teammate, imo. Nutella could not target a teammate, and Chuck does not make sense as a baddie opposing LC.

I am going to finish reading Day 5 at Cerberus today and then finish rereading Sloonei.

Speaking of which, curious again, Sloonei, how did you figure out the exact way the lynches were working like literally less than 5 minutes after the Day One lynch?
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:24 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:32 pm Sloonei

Why did you not want to tell your tribe what you learned at Pikachu? I found that perplexing.

Linki, I don't think they did, at least not together, But you do you, I'll do me.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I shared every piece of mechanical information I could glean from my peak into your thread with my tribemates, and I answered as many questions about it as I could.

I did not share any personal reads in indvidual players which I had from my peak. I saw no benefit to doing that. The reads would mean nothing to peopke who could not also see the Pikachu thread, and the only players who I thought might have some form of access to it were mafia members whose teammates and BTSC partners were in Pikachu. I had no desire to provide information which I thought could only benefit the bad guys.

Hi I just got home and I see that we've all merged at long last. I'm uh not gonna have time for this tonight, unfortunately. I'll get busy in here tomorrow afternoon.
But if the bad guys had BTSC (and LCs comments about the lynches after he was lynched but before the post tells me they did) they already know what was going on. The people without info were the civvies, and you would not give it to them. The baddies on both sides already knew about your readings on Cerberus. Forewarned is forearmed, you were letting your people go into an eventual merge with no knowledge. Not sure what I think of this.

INH made this post, his only post:
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:12 pm oh good, this game has finally started.

Took it long enough.
Yes it finally started!! Where are you? I could feel your frustration in reading your posts in Cerberus (and reading old posts usually gives me little emotional content). The only post you made during the last lynch was a reiteration of your sig case, then you did not vote. You have been following the sig case since the early game. I would expect you to be eager to present it to a wider audience.

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] I don't know if there were precedents from the last year, didn't play every game, and am not about to read them. But, having been one, GOC hosts are not limited to only mechanics used, they use the past years game as inspiration, not gospel.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I did not want to telegraph my reads to baddies. They would know what's going on already, sure. But they wouldn't know what I'm thinking or how a player who just came over to look at the Pikachu thread for a moment felt about certain things. If I shared a read or two from my pikachu experience, the baddies from cerberus could have relayed this information to their partners and turned it to their benefit somehow. And,again, I saw absolutely no benefit to the civilians in sharing those reads. At best it would have given them all grounds for prejudice later on.

I guessed at how the lynches worked because a player who was not in my tribe was revealed as the lynch victim in our thread. 1+1=2.

I am not an even even and I laughed at that question for reasons.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm not an evil even either.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:01 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:53 pm
Is Refrigerator good?

As for why:

Pikachu:
cbob - fak lynch D6 role
DDL - vote manip
Epi - has been haiku'd
LC - dead mafia
nut - dead mafia
speedchuck
sprit - cecil
SVS - plague

pretty sure its dom
Then why did he stop haikuing when he came to cerberus?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:26 am I just finished reading the remaining 5 pages after Pikachu joined our old tribe. Holy hell, SVS. You really think I’m bad :kadaj: and holy hell, speed. After the nutella reveal, you really kicked it into high gear. Like, he’s been saying some pretty helpful stuff if you do go back and read the last 3 pages of Bidoof. A large part of me wants to assume you want to remain in the civ limelight, backed by your cheerleaders SVS and Quin, but remain a hamster in a pig pen.
I am town.

I don't object to being lynched, but I want to make sense of the game before I do, so that I can be helpful post-mortem. That's all.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm going to say the same thing I said in the Pikachu thread: combined, we have lost three baddies to one civilian so far in this game so far. Those are unprecedented numbers in my experience. I expect there to be extra steps to balancing this game and we are certainly not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination. But succumbing to paranoia when the numbers are what they probably are right now is irresponsible. In Pikachu 2.0 particuly, I was confident we had either 1 or 0 baddies due to us losing 2 of them on our first day phase. I still feel this way.

Be skeptical and don't let things slide, but also be conscious of the game situation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Alright so here's the deal I'm not going to read through both threads to see what I've missed. Don't have the time or desire, frankly. But now that we're in one thread and I can at least see the votes from both threads, I feel like I can start getting a handle on things. Vote patterns factor heavily into how I read games, and between the two threads (and swapping) mechanics and the double lives, it's been very hard for me to get to a place I felt I could contribute. But this thread is nice and small right now, so I'll start here and hopefully be able to play moderately well (especially when/if FE ends).
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Is Refrigerator good?

I thought the latest consensus before I left Pikachu was that the haiku list wasn't particularly town-friendly (myself before Day 6, SVS twice are the ones that stand out). Did that change?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:38 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:35 pm Well that looked dumb since my first message didn't go through, so I'll put them together.
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:26 pm So what do people think of Scotty?
My initial view of him as he entered our humble hut was positive. My current view is still positive, but I have a minor concern, namely that he swiftly voted for me at the slightest suggestion from DH that I am bad.

Now, I'm sure DH will tell you that I did the same thing when Sloonei told me I should vote for Marmot, but, you know, he was bad. :slick:
Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:05 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:05 pm I wouldn't take Epignosis' teammate's word at face value
On one hand, he’s bad.

But on the other, why not take advantage of his hunting? I mean, I said it before but baddies know that there are multiple teams and should be actively hunting.

Who knows, maybe if he tries hard enough, we might spare him today? (Maybe not)
See? This. This garbage right here.
See? This. This shit right here.

Epi's still bitching about a thread that doesn't matter.
Err, wait, are you saying what people did in the previous threads don't matter?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:35 am
I am town.

I don't object to being lynched, but I want to make sense of the game before I do, so that I can be helpful post-mortem. That's all.
I appreciate your willingness to do the right thing.

Marmot also was wholly willing to get himself lynched for the good of the game.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:56 am
I am town.

We get it; you suspect Chuck.

But being as Chuck is unlynchable today, who do you propose we lynch instead?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:02 am
I am town.

One of Wilgy or Boomslang

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Or chuck. I don’t think he deserves a pass either

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:14 am Or chuck. I don’t think he deserves a pass either
*cbob lol

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I am town.

Scum marmot always self-votes. :shrug2:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am
I am town.

Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:14 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:14 am Or chuck. I don’t think he deserves a pass either
*cbob lol
So low posters, then?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Too much stuff to read.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:18 am INH made this post, his only post:
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:12 pm oh good, this game has finally started.

Took it long enough.
Yes it finally started!! Where are you? I could feel your frustration in reading your posts in Cerberus (and reading old posts usually gives me little emotional content). The only post you made during the last lynch was a reiteration of your sig case, then you did not vote. You have been following the sig case since the early game. I would expect you to be eager to present it to a wider audience.
Point taken. Will attempt to catch up today.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:38 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am
I am town.

Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:14 am
*cbob lol
So low posters, then?
It’s not just about low posters, I don’t want to simplify it to that.

It’s that these particular low posters are not engaged with the game. You can perfectly engage with a game and give quality posts in low quantity. SpaceDaisy had been doing that on or tribe for a while. I suspected her for other reasons, but Sloonei trusts her and I think her Wilgy case is a worthwhile consideration.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:27 am Too much stuff to read.
It’s been less than a page since you last posted. You got it, buddy

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Vote Boomslang aubergine

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

There would be little to no benefit in having a civ mirror of nutellas role that revealed legitimate roles publicly. If anything that would benefit nutella's mafia team proportionately more than the civs, and might also benefit the second mafia team as well.

Ergo, Chuck was revealed by Nutella.

ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:50 pm There would be little to no benefit in having a civ mirror of nutellas role that revealed legitimate roles publicly. If anything that would benefit nutella's mafia team proportionately more than the civs, and might also benefit the second mafia team as well.

What? Being able to publically confirm somebody's alignment and role is of no benefit to town?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:53 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:50 pm There would be little to no benefit in having a civ mirror of nutellas role that revealed legitimate roles publicly. If anything that would benefit nutella's mafia team proportionately more than the civs, and might also benefit the second mafia team as well.

What? Being able to publically confirm somebody's alignment and role is of no benefit to town?
Not with Nutella's role in the game, and not if that person is just going to get nightkilled and possibly turned mafia.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:26 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:22 pm I'll comment that these folks haven't posted yet today, and we've < 6 hours left.

@DrWilgy
@insertnamehere
@nijuukyugou
@sig

Marmot attempts to pump everyone up like he's JaggedJimmyJay

This is the Game of Champions folks! Let's get it together. Pretend that someone shit in your cornflakes or something.
What are your thoughts on these 4 people?
What are your thoughts on these 4 players?
I bet one of these four mentioned people is Marmot's teammate. :grin:
Marmot wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:14 pm
nijuukyugou wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:34 pm Perhaps inconsistent, but I also appreciate Marmot's defense of me in the last two pages (I read the thread...a bit strangely. Last, first, and then the middle). I'm usually fairly suspicious when someone buddies up to me like he's been doing (and perhaps I should be more so), but I get good vibes. Let's see if that changes as I continue to catch up.
You spoke too soon. I grouped you with Scotty, the guy I'm voting for.
Two adverbs in a row. :ponder:
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:21 pm
Boomslang wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:44 pm Ok, all caught up. I don't like Sig's explanation of the haiku confusion on a personal level, but I guess that's a playstyle disagreement. Not going to push it when we have juicy nightkill responses to make.

I wasn't involved in killing Blooper, but I strongly suspect that whoever did kill her is laughing their asses off at the WIFOM they just created. I'm betting it's one of the older players who understands the couples meta. Coupled with sig's good point about a ballsy scum team being willing to NK their own for the wifom...

Marmot needs to show up and give us something to chew on. Wilgy has also been super blendy so far. About the only thing we've gotten from him is some gentle needling of Sloonei based on a point made by Scotty. And a cryptic comment about Kyle — why is he a "hero and patriot" for voting Blooper?

I also have an eyeball on Lorab right now. "Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone" at the end of Day 1 is so noncommittal, then she votes Sloonei for "peer pressure" and the active voices in the thread don't really get on her for that lack of reasoning. She then jumps in, first post of Day 2, to begin the WIFOM about me and the Blooper kill.
I just came across this post from Boomslang. Everything I've read from him up until this one I've like (and even parts of this one I like).

In regards to the "couples meta", I don't think Boomslang knows quite what that is. In my experience, Epignosis/Elohcin and Long Con/Black Rock avoid interaction and reading each other early in games, and also generally don't kill each other off early on in the case where one is scum and one is civilian.

Betting on one of the older players to is a broad suspicion, especially if no names are named.

Also, asking me to show up and give him something to chew on? You've only made one post today Boom. :pout:
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:24 pm
Boomslang wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:39 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:59 pm Boomslang, who're you voting for today?

Why do you require a read on yourself from nijuu?
Still not 100% sure, but I could get behind a Wilgy vote. Based on posting patterns, I'm guessing either that he's bluffing or that Scotty/Blooper got a silence as their second role. I already didn't like his comment about killing himself before Bloops, and his response to my analysis of JoH was weird. He said I'd thought about Jack more than he had, then never responded why he thought Jack was good himself.

Therefore, I think a WIlgy lynch would give us good information. Imo, there's a not insignficant chance that he's bad, and if he's not, then I think we get valuable intel about Scotty/Blooper's targeting thoughts.

As for wanting Blooper's read on me? All in good time, my marmot.
linki: There it is! Much obliged.
I'll still take that reason for wanting a read from Blooper that you promised.
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:56 pm Moving my vote to Boomslang. That's all I have time to do.
This looks like a smear attempt on Boomslang.
Golden wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:04 pm
The lynching of Long Con was barely over when the snow began to fall. Gently at first, but it built stronger, and it wasn't long before a full on blizzard was occurring. No-one could see anyone else, and it was all they could do to huddle in whatever sheltered spot they could find. No-one could explain such an event in Fiji... and they were in Fiji.... weren't they??

No-one has died. It is now day 5, which will last for 48 hours.
Marmot wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:24 pm RIP Scotty.

Wait what?
These two posts are twenty minutes apart. Why did Marmot say "RIP Scotty?" :huh:
Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:51 pm
Boomslang wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:12 pm What do we all think of marmot's role?
My gut says mafia. I can see it as a blanket civ-protection thing, but it seems like the kind of role that would benefit most from coordination with other powers. And mafia are the ones most likely to have that coordination.
That's an unfair accusation (and one I can't defend against).

As you can see, that role was a limited time use. I wanted a new role.
Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:53 pm My qualm with your accusation Boomslang is that you offered reasons as to why that role could be civilian or mafia. Yet your gut says mafia. I don't think your gut is sincere.
Yeah, it would take some convincing for me to believe Boomslang is on Marmot's team.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[mention]Epignosis[/mention] that quote on Marmot RIP’ing me was probably in reference to the post I made before End of Night announcing I was probably going to die

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Thanks for that. I don't have time to read all of that other thread, so some things will lack context.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Since we can’t lynch Speedchuck, I’d campaign for one the original Bidoofs. And actually I’d still like to put it on Wilgy, even though I’m currently voting for Boom.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Its lit out here fam Pikabus is confirmed all town Cerchu confirmed mostly bad.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”