Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 9

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:35 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:22 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:01 pm fair enough. What is the case on Wilgy, in your words, don't need posts. I can look them up later myself. I want you to tell me why you think he's bad.
I must preface that lack of engagement and commitment with the game has given me hives.

Which is also my flaw, I think.

Like if it weren’t for the nutell reveal, speed would be a strong civ read. He’s actively trying to solve the game. As it is, that doesn’t mean a player is civ, but my prediliction is that they are. It’s why I started feeling better about Marmot around day 4ish up until he left for like a week because he was engaged with the thread.

So when someone like Wilgy has been plopping his big clown shoes around the house and whistling in a corner, the eye of sauron shone bright.

I made a case right around when sig was the main lynch of contention that Wilgy would look very bad if dog appeared as bad. Besides the fact that he was periodically lurking without posting- and when he did post, it was conscious abstention from the goings-on of the thread- he voted for Boom I think right before EoD. His post was something akin to “wow people want sig dead Ima vote someone else”. I don’t remember the vote totals but it could Jane sent sig over the edge.

So it was a throwaway vote with no real opinion on the sig lynch. If sig is not bad, then it makes it less of a save opportunity but his engagement in this game is piss poor without any sort of excuse behind it. In fact, that unapologetic attitude is why we were looking at sig on his potential lynch day.

So why not vote Wilgy? Like Marmot, it’s not like he’s defending himself here.
That is probably why I wouldn't; I don't love lynching people who are not defending, and we have another day to wait for him. But I am going to check out Daisys links and might wind up voting for him, especially if he shows up to defens and I don't like what he says.

If you think alot of Wilgys baddieness predicates on sigs, why not push for a lynch of sig, as you did previously in the game?

linki @ DH Good Luck!
I’m not exactly pushing sig’s guilt because he was killed very soon after that for some inane reason and suspicion shifted
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:35 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:30 pm *what would WE learn
A) there is most likely a civ/true revealer
B) someone pushing the narrative that speed is bad is probably disengenuous. Yes, that includes me.
C) we can use a lot of speed’s reads as canon, because he’s lookin pretty civ otherwise
A big :clap: for you, you're right and thanks for pointing it out to me. TRe B, I actually threatened sig and DDL with that in Cerberus.

Where are sig and DDL?

Linki @ DH, nope none that I saw of. Maybe it is a one time power, not unlike Nutellas?
Linki@ Scotty re sig, OK, cool, thanks!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Catching up.
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:47 am So here is the meta based case I made on Wilgy.

If you look at his games from 2017, 2018 you see that Wilgy tends to play more seriously when he is bad. By that I mean, he doesn't use shticks. He still jokes around some but nowhere near as much if he is civ. When he is civ, he contributes and actually I find him to be a really formidable player but he tends to do so in shtick format and be a lot more jokey.

In my previous tribe I even linked to his ISOs from games where he was civ, bad and 3P. In my mind, it seemed clearly like his play this game was similar to his baddie game play. But obviously I didn't get a lot of people who agreed with me or he would have been lynched at least once. I still believe my suspicion of him to be well founded. Since I made the accusation he made one reasoned defense directed to me and has since just fallen into barely posting and when he has, it's a joke without content.

So take all that as you will.

I'm willing to consider moving my vote if no one else feels like there is reason enough to vote Wilgy, but I still think he is bad.
I find this funny in retrospect of the Cactus Ass posting meta.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What is a Cactus Ass Posting Meta?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DrWilgy »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:39 pm What is a Cactus Ass Posting Meta?
See image mafia.

Really though. I did ask for replacement. Shit keeps popping up and I'm finding less and less time to play and get caught up.

I had a baddie read on Boomslang last week and I will be voting there.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

This was his response.
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:04 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:34 am To everyone saying that Wilgy is playing like his normal self, please tell me you don't see a difference between his civ game and his mafia game...

Mountain Mafia, where he was bad: Posts

Pirates Mafia, where he was civ: Posts

Seinfeld Mafia, where he was bad: Posts, as Tim Whatley,
which has been renamed Juliet since

Great Gatsby where he was an 3P who could win with anyone: Posts

Pokemon Mafia where he is bad: Posts

Welcome to Night Vale where he was civ: Posts

Fiddler on the Roof where he was civ: Posts

I think if you look at these games you will see that bad Wilgy plays more straight laced. Good Wilgy uses gimmicks. Good Wilgy doesn't play like he cares, he seems to mostly just be having a good time. Bad Wilgy puts a lot more effort into looking good than Good Wilgy. Do not be fooled by him. I don't believe he is good. He started throwing in more jokes once this meta started to get brought up and I'm not buying this!
Daisy here's the problem. I've been purposely playing aloof as civilian for awhile now. People kept mislynching me because I couldn't supatown 5 games in a row. Now we are at a point where I want to play alittle more forward again mainly because it's the GoC.(Also did you see the game where I called out all but one of the baddies in emojis? That was fun.)

To argue this point with history however, did you see my performance during Vocaroo 2? What did you think?

This does make me feel better about you... it seems your vote on me was justified to you, but as someone who works very hard to purposely design their meta, I'd suggest trying to dispute what I've stated in this thread instead of the other ones.

I'm going back to bed now.
I'll try to give you opinions on others when I get home from work later tonight.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boomslang aubergine
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Golden »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:42 pm
See image mafia.

Really though. I did ask for replacement. Shit keeps popping up and I'm finding less and less time to play and get caught up.

I will confirm that DrWilgy did, indeed, ask for a replacement. Unfortunately we don't have one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Oh shit, that wasn't message dumping was it? I'm sorry if so.
Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] I didn't follow image mafuaso what is funny?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:44 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:42 pm
See image mafia.

I will confirm that DrWilgy did, indeed, ask for a replacement. Unfortunately we don't have one.
Well, that both makes it easier, and should he flip bad, won't give too much cred to his more recent casual voters since if he had a team, they would know he asked for replacements, so I can drop an Aubergine on Wilgy for now,and save the big stress show for tomorrow.

*Vote Wilgy*

Hope time levels out for you Wilgy :hugs:
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 190

Post by DharmaHelper »

Always fun to play with you Doc.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Thanks SVS.

She has a point. While I can't reveal any busswork, look and evaluate the reasoning behind those that vote me. I'm sure some will be less natural than the others.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:48 pm Always fun to play with you Doc.
:nicenod:
Image Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 92

Post by speedchuck »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:50 pm Thanks SVS.

She has a point. While I can't reveal any busswork, look and evaluate the reasoning behind those that vote me. I'm sure some will be less natural than the others.
I didn't have any, but I'm getting lynched tomorrow anyways.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Weirdest game ever!

Thanks Golden!
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I'm reading this thread, albeit slowly, as stuff has started to pick up before spring break/grading period ends (ughhhhhhh). I have no intention of digging into Pikachu thread, when I so thoroughly enjoyed the quiet of Cerberus.

I see many a vote on Wilgy. I suspected and voted Wilgy a while back, a lot because I thought his response with some whole silencer mess was floundery, so this is understandable and I will likely follow suit. I also didn't like Sloonei's easy acceptance of the explanation Wilgy gave. Actually, I'm still itchy from that interaction, too. Like I said, I'm still reading this thread (thankfully there are only 5 pages), and sorry but not reading Pikachu (I'll be happy to read specific things pointed out/quoted, but I ain't slogging through 66 pages), but what do people think of Sloonei? SVS was looking at him with some suspicion in Cerberus for various reasons (e.g., not reporting some things from his observer status in Pikachu, people's easy vote for him to do so, his quick assumption that we weren't lynching because of lack of votes, etc.). Both of them make me itch. I'll go ahead and aubergine Wilgy for now, but for Wilgy's sake, I will also read what others' explanations are for voting him.

Those are thoughts that happened. I kinda didn't expect my post to go there, but it did. So there.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:29 pm If the effects of my role could last after I died, the effects of LCs role could, too. So no way of proving it until endgame. I think LC made you look civ. Some hapless civvie revealed the role you would flip as, which helped you, and Nutellas death threw a wrench in everyones works. I had planned to poke you and prod you and watch you and wait for your mistake, but that won't happen now.

It's an improbable tale, but it's what I believe :shrug:
It's super improbable. It actually doesn't have any reason behind it.

You're assuming that a true civilian flipper is out there. You're assuming that a townie has a role that specifically "shows what I'll flip like when I die" instead of revealing my role, which is completely bogus and is not a role that should exist. And you're assuming LC targeted me, with no evidence.

You, the same person that got onto me for assuming Quin was town with direct evidence.
You, the person that got onto DDL and Sig for connecting my flip to Nutella's role.

Do you just hate Occam?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:16 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:09 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:49 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:41 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:13 pm Wait, DH and Scotty think Epi and Chuck are teammates, and Epi voted for Marmot, who was lynched with only 4 votes? Which team do you think Epi and Chuck are on? Surely not LC's team, since Nutella could not flip a teammates reveal.

So DH and Scotty, you think Epi and Chuck are Marmots teammates?
Yeah sure.
You sound so committed, it's impressive.
Why wouldn't they be Marmot's teammates? Because Epi voted for a guy who was gonna get lynched anyway?
I would have to be Jesus for you to believe I'm a civilian, and even then, you would crucify me. I'm not wasting my time with you.
:haha: Good to see you in the same thread again!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:58 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:29 pm If the effects of my role could last after I died, the effects of LCs role could, too. So no way of proving it until endgame. I think LC made you look civ. Some hapless civvie revealed the role you would flip as, which helped you, and Nutellas death threw a wrench in everyones works. I had planned to poke you and prod you and watch you and wait for your mistake, but that won't happen now.

You're assuming that a true civilian flipper is out there. You're assuming that a townie has a role that specifically "shows what I'll flip like when I die" instead of revealing my role, which is completely bogus and is not a role that should exist. And you're assuming LC targeted me, with no evidence.

You, the same person that got onto me for assuming Quin was town with direct evidence.
You, the person that got onto DDL and Sig for connecting my flip to Nutella's role.

Do you just hate Occam?
No, but if we were going Occam then Nutellas flip would make you bad ;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm confused, SVS what is your read on chuck?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 453

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:29 pm
linki @ Epi, do I not speak English? His Cerberus teammates: The member(s) of the even team that were originally on Cerberus. And see above^^ I think that power could have lasted after LCs death, if he targeted them before he died. It's a stretch, but it's my stretch. And it is tenuous, which is why I was not aggressive about it. I wanted to watch him. Then the Opportunistic Bowl happened.
I get it. :derp:

I'm cooking and taking care of children and doing this at the same time.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:11 pm I'm confused, SVS what is your read on chuck?
I think he could be bad. I have been saying so since, Oh, LC was lynched the first time. I have had moments when I doubted it, Chuck is rather nice even when you back him into a corner. But like I have said about 88 gazillion times I am having a hard time getting past how aggressively he defended LC.

If you recall, when he first had his role revealed, I grudgingly accepted it, but then when I thought about it, I started going back the other way. I was trying to let is slide and periodically remind him that I still suspected him. But then Nutellas flip with it's "Cannot target a teammate" line, and so much for quietly watching him and poking him periodically.

I wanted to watch him and try to catch him so it could be proven even if he were to flip civ. Then this all came up, and now he is going to be lynched and he will probably flip civ. I wanted to give him a fairer hearing, try him based on the thread, rather than a questionable connection to a role reveal, but again, that isn't going to happen now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop, If nutellas role did not have that "cannot target a teammate" line, I would be right at the front of the pitchfork line, DH.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:07 pm

Do you just hate Occam?
IT DOES MAKE ME LOOK BAD! :haha:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:40 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:07 pm

Do you just hate Occam?
IT DOES MAKE ME LOOK BAD! :haha:
See that's where Occams Razor gets you!
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:25 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:53 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:52 pm I've been around a bit today. I'd also like to emphasize the "doesn't make any sense for me to be nutella's teammate" angle and see what people think about that.
What angle is that?
If we were teammates nutella wouldn't have been the one hit by my bomb
what bomb?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:46 pm Dragon D. Luffy I didn't follow image mafuaso what is funny?
Wilgy was bad and his contribution was limited to gifs of naked cactus-people.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:10 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:52 pm I've been around a bit today. I'd also like to emphasize the "doesn't make any sense for me to be nutella's teammate" angle and see what people think about that.
What angle is that?
what bomb?
Last person to vote for him got a bomb, it's in the day 6 Lynch post.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Considering he is playing two games at once and is also having low activity here, chances that this is NAI rather than a meta alignment indication are huge.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:10 pm
What angle is that?
what bomb?
colonialbomb

He looka lika this:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am glad I don't know any naked cactus people :noble:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:21 pm I am glad I don't know any naked cactus people :noble:
You should be. They're all pricks. :disappoint:
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:22 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:21 pm I am glad I don't know any naked cactus people :noble:
:clap: #dadjokes
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

This fucker got "funniest poster"?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:39 pm
This fucker got "funniest poster"?
Oh no thank god Kyle got that one.

ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:36 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:35 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:30 pm *what would WE learn
A) there is most likely a civ/true revealer
B) someone pushing the narrative that speed is bad is probably disengenuous. Yes, that includes me.
C) we can use a lot of speed’s reads as canon, because he’s lookin pretty civ otherwise
Honest question cuz I can't recall

Have there been any other reveals/what other reveals were there?
We learned DDL was role 32, that's all I can recall.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:11 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:29 pm
linki @ Epi, do I not speak English? His Cerberus teammates: The member(s) of the even team that were originally on Cerberus. And see above^^ I think that power could have lasted after LCs death, if he targeted them before he died. It's a stretch, but it's my stretch. And it is tenuous, which is why I was not aggressive about it. I wanted to watch him. Then the Opportunistic Bowl happened.
I get it. :derp:

I'm cooking and taking care of children and doing this at the same time.
Have the children cook, two birds.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:48 pm Always fun to play with you Doc.
Are you giving up on the day so soon?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Scotty wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:45 pm Why is cbob regarded as anywhere close to town in this game? I can see why he was voted for, regardless of his perceived 1st role. And what has he done in the interim since his lynch?

I betcha his name isn’t even bob
Quoting for sockys.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I love how the Pikachus are like "ok, now all we gotta do is relax and let the Cerberii lynch Speedchuck like they should"

:suspish:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:00 pm I love how the Pikachus are like "ok, now all we gotta do is relax and let the Cerberii lynch Speedchuck like they should"

Huh? DH is kind of spearheading this movement.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:04 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:00 pm I love how the Pikachus are like "ok, now all we gotta do is relax and let the Cerberii lynch Speedchuck like they should"

Is he? I'm 6 pages behind. In another thread.

My snark still applies tho. Just not to the present.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Seven votes on wilgy? Holy shit guys.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

What're you smokin'

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I voted for him because he asked to be replaced and the host said he had no replacement :shrug:

I also thought Daisy's points were good, naked cacti notwithstanding.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:07 pm

What're you smokin'
You seemed to be pushing theEpi and Speed Chuck, partners in evil narrative. You are a Pikachu.

And I used to smoke vast quantities of pot but I stopped a long time ago. Why do you ask?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ah fuck I misread that I thought it was in reference to the Wilgy vote

I am doing that. Yes. You are correct I am the spearhead.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:06 pm Seven votes on wilgy? Holy shit guys.
:dark:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:13 pm Ah fuck I misread that I thought it was in reference to the Wilgy vote

I am doing that. Yes. You are correct I am the spearhead.
A dull, dull spearhead.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”