Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - GAME OVER

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:35 am
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:19 am
Quin wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:11 am also what was happening with the sockpuppets?
MP was all the sockpuppets.
I think he (and I) are curious of how they worked. Was Larry David just flavor? Did SVS actually save us by inputting the Flame code?
The Ben Linus role asked people to list their greatest hits. If you didn't list them your name appeared on the poll the next day, if you did list them you were off the poll. The rest of his stuff was just playing. The Larry David role asked for pilot scripts and the winner of that would have control over when to end the day the next day period.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:36 am Oh and looking at the night actions- did you already explain why all actions were randomized on N9?

Once again, poor DH :p

That was the night Marmot used his power so all night actions had to be randomized. Also, while I'm thinking about it I'm not sure if it was this night or another without looking but the 3rd time SVS got haikued was due to a randomization.
I'm not sure what happened to this post but that is me saying it was the night Marmot used his role.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:01 am
colonialbob wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:56 am Did anybody else try to mutiny?
Yes, DH, sprityo, INH and you. Four people.
So close.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:56 am
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:01 am
colonialbob wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:56 am Did anybody else try to mutiny?
Yes, DH, sprityo, INH and you. Four people.
So close.
Yes it was. I was hoping it would be successful.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Darn one away from mutiny haha
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 190

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bless me father for I have clearly sinned to have been the only vanilla role TWICE in a game of champions where everyone gets two roles.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:19 pm Bless me father for I have clearly sinned to have been the only vanilla role TWICE in a game of champions where everyone gets two roles.
But you had a groovy win condition that I thought you played perfectly.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also whoever *was* responsible for giving Golden and Juliets the list of eligible players and left me out, causing me to embarrass myself when I PMed Golden and he said (paraphrasing) "First you gotta win a game then you can play"? I joke but that one was rough to swallow :P Come on man!

I thought initially "Oh cool, a first-phase fool role with a bonkers win condition (who in hell is going to survive long enough and consistently get votes and consistently be in the lynch wagon to make 7 votes/lynches?) that'll morph into someone that can actually do something once I inevitably die. So I had some wind in my sails at least, poking the bears and futzing with the game a bit while I waited to die. Then I died and the role stayed exactly the same in a game where it was explicitly in the rules that everyone gets two roles and the wind from those sails vanished and you can probably see that in the thread :P

Anyway it was a fun game, thanks for (almost kind of) inviting me Golden/Juliets. You guys did a great job.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:28 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:19 pm Bless me father for I have clearly sinned to have been the only vanilla role TWICE in a game of champions where everyone gets two roles.
But you had a groovy win condition that I thought you played perfectly.
7 was too high a number or I had too many tasks to complete (catch votes, be in the lynch majority, and also die) but it was a fun role to play with for the first half of my game, yes. :bighug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:32 pm Also whoever *was* responsible for giving Golden and Juliets the list of eligible players and left me out, causing me to embarrass myself when I PMed Golden and he said (paraphrasing) "First you gotta win a game then you can play"? I joke but that one was rough to swallow :P Come on man!

I thought initially "Oh cool, a first-phase fool role with a bonkers win condition (who in hell is going to survive long enough and consistently get votes and consistently be in the lynch wagon to make 7 votes/lynches?) that'll morph into someone that can actually do something once I inevitably die. So I had some wind in my sails at least, poking the bears and futzing with the game a bit while I waited to die. Then I died and the role stayed exactly the same in a game where it was explicitly in the rules that everyone gets two roles and the wind from those sails vanished and you can probably see that in the thread :P

Anyway it was a fun game, thanks for (almost kind of) inviting me Golden/Juliets. You guys did a great job.
That embarrassment was due to my list, but it's because in the past we had not included Heists in the GoC. So my list was correct, but we realized that the reason we hadn't included the Hejsts was we originally were going to do a smaller All Star Game for the Jeist MVPs. When you signed up it caused us to re-evaluate the process of Heists and GoC qualifications. So don't be embarrassed, you were a force for change. Anyway, all that to say sorry and it wasn't anyone's intention to embarrass you.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Actually I played the game as if embarrassing DH was one of my win conditions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Heist Lives Matter

ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

Yeah I'm curious why mafia killed me, but also kinda happy I hate getting a vig role.

Also yay we won! Next GoC make me mafia, I'm tired of being civs in these. :P
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

And good job to everyone and thanks again to the hosts it was fun, I liked that this year's GoC really seemed to include alot of the fun concepts we had in 2017.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

4) INH kills DH

Oh word [mention]insertnamehere[/mention] ?

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75

Post by insertnamehere »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:01 pm 4) INH kills DH

Oh word @insertnamehere ?
Sorry bout that. I thought that it wouldn't connect to me, plus the David Lynch shenanigans made me a little wary of you. Not to mention you being a solid, active player that was town read by most everyone.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

[mention]DharmaHelper[/mention] You can get him back tonight by having Sully shoot Johnny again. :haha:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:56 amA little imbalanced in the sense mafia probably had way fewer kills than they needed.
In the end the fact three vig shots hit them (when you had no guarantee of having more than one), you had four saves, marmot didn't use his day stop, and you lynched at a high percentage correctly all made this look like it was a walk in the park for the town, but the reality is the town slayed. No-one should think you won this because the odds were in your favour.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:59 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:56 amA little imbalanced in the sense mafia probably had way fewer kills than they needed.
In the end the fact three vig shots hit them (when you had no guarantee of having more than one), you had four saves, marmot didn't use his day stop, and you lynched at a high percentage correctly all made this look like it was a walk in the park for the town, but the reality is the town slayed. No-one should think you won this because the odds were in your favour.
Agreed. I don’t think this result was a matter of imbalance.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I think you balanced well the roles with the misinformation or ambiguity or red herrings or whatever you want to call it in the thread. You gave us enough reasons to doubt that we could ever actually know anything. I like that in a game. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to run this and I had a lot of fun! Probably my best (and maybe my only) 3P win, definitely my first GoC win!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hey I didn't catch up/ check properly but Kyle and LoRab were bad right?

I pulled two mafia out of just looking at the players list.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:52 pm @DharmaHelper You can get him back tonight by having Sully shoot Johnny again. :haha:
Tempting

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ay lads so one of the new guys killed Cecil
2) Kyle kills sprityo
No big deal just me draining half court shots like an absolute boss.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:57 am Kyle, I gotta admit: I didn’t suspect you at all until the sprityo kill happened and we were forced down that path. I thought you were legimately behind and struggling to catch up so I felt like shit whenever you’d flash your puppy dog eyes and sigh in the corner when I would call you out. I still wasn’t totally sure it was you until you flipped, even though I doubled down and said I’d be the fallman the next day. You had me going up until the end, so kudos.
that's cus i *was* legitimately behind and trying to catch up. that wasn't a ruse or anything i just suck at staying focused on tasks

also thanks :)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also Around day like 5-6-7 or so I realized I had too much civ cred/confidence to get votes on me, so i picked a fight with Epi because I figured out of anyone I'd probably be able to goad him into voting for me, or use my going after him to get other people to vote for me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nutella »

sup i have no idea what happened in this game congrats whoever won! I feel bad and apologize to the hosts and to my team for not really giving this game the attention it deserved while I was alive
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:43 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:39 pm can I talk about how nutella accidentally exposed her first role to me in fire emblem baddie chat now?
That happens more often than people would think.
god that was so dumb lol!!! i thought chatzy saved my name for each channel but no it sucks

anyway i also just realized someone from my poor team actually made it to the last phase!!! nice job boomslang, i thought you and kyle were pretty doomed :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:16 am
Epignosis wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:43 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:39 pm can I talk about how nutella accidentally exposed her first role to me in fire emblem baddie chat now?
That happens more often than people would think.
god that was so dumb lol!!! i thought chatzy saved my name for each channel but no it sucks

anyway i also just realized someone from my poor team actually made it to the last phase!!! nice job boomslang, i thought you and kyle were pretty doomed :p
You need a buffer of some sort. The next time you have a name change you'll log in with your previous one greyed out. Best way to deal with it is create a chatzy of your own and drop in to make the change.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:04 pm It is ancient history now, but my overconfidence about Marmot was misguided and a total accident, I think. The hosts can clarify for me what actually happened now, but the reason I was so damn sure Marmot was bad was that I thought I copied his role and used it to kill Sig early in the game. Later on Golden would tell me I was not able to copy a mafia nightkill, so sig apparently died by some other circumstances (I chose him as my target because I figured he was the least likely player to be killed that night), but I assumed I had done it and caught scum in the process. :shrug:

I did kill INH and nutella though. Assist to Blooper on that one. Her 1-shot role eliminated three baddies.
:haha:

Yeah, objectively speaking, I didn't see any reason for me to be lynched the second time. That was silly.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Scotty wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:20 am
nijuukyugou wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:04 pm It is ancient history now, but my overconfidence about Marmot was misguided and a total accident, I think. The hosts can clarify for me what actually happened now, but the reason I was so damn sure Marmot was bad was that I thought I copied his role and used it to kill Sig early in the game. Later on Golden would tell me I was not able to copy a mafia nightkill, so sig apparently died by some other circumstances (I chose him as my target because I figured he was the least likely player to be killed that night), but I assumed I had done it and caught scum in the process. :shrug:

I did kill INH and nutella though. Assist to Blooper on that one. Her 1-shot role eliminated three baddies.
I was pretty stoked I actually killed the right person LOL
I was so pissed that you were NK’d the 2nd time. I had mistakenly attempted to save you on an even night, N14, but had forgot that Strex was the team that had killed you before, so I told the hosts I wanted to save you on N15 to no avail. Stupid double targeting rule. I would have saved you :(
Alas! But it all turned out well in the end :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 92

Post by speedchuck »

Really good game BTW. I worried that it was unbalanced in the beginning, but seeing the end result, I honestly think it could have gone the other way. Shout out to the hosts. For a hodgepodge game, they did a lot of really cool flavor stuff and deep interaction.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:17 pm Really good game BTW. I worried that it was unbalanced in the beginning, but seeing the end result, I honestly think it could have gone the other way. Shout out to the hosts. For a hodgepodge game, they did a lot of really cool flavor stuff and deep interaction.
Golden was the brain behind the mechanics, roles, and balance. I think he did a superb job. It was a pleasure to cohost with him.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Reminder to self to update Hall of Fame whenever time finally permits.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Is there a host banner for this guy?

[mention]Long Con[/mention] [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gracias señor

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”