Shadow Corridor [JOB/SPEED]

Post your incomplete mafia game submissions here, regardless of game type. You may not even be sure which type you'll go with yet.

Moderator: Community Team

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Shadow Corridor [JOB/SPEED]

Post by sprityo »

Im looking for something spooky, but i want to fiddle around with making another high action game, this time an open setup. heres what i got so far.

i can remove roles as needed to accommodate for a speed setup

Indi: 2
-Gambit Demon: During the day, select a player to bargain with. You will join a chat with the player who gets to choose one of the following (if they accept to bargain). *SECRETS*

-Puppeteer: At the close of each day cycle, you invite a player into your organization. Everyone invited can speak amongst each other during Night cycles as long as they were alive. You can spectate and participate in the chat anonymously. *SECRETS*

Mafia: 4+1
-Mastermind: Makes Mafia members appear anonymous while in mafia chat. Counts as a Mafia Member. Steals Wincon from Mafia if Mafia wins.

-Mafia Secret Role 1
-Mafia Secret Role 2
-Mafia Secret Role 3
-Mafia Secret Role 4

Town: 18

-SECRET TOWN ROLE 1

-Traitor: Does not count towards mafia total. Does not have group chat w/ mafia. Aligned with the Mafia *SECRETS*

-Town One-Shot Tracker: Visits a player at night, learns who they visited

-Town One-shot Ninja Vigilante: Can kill one person during the night phase, will not be counted as a visit.

-Town One-Shot Watcher: Visits a player at night and learns who visited them.

-Town Auto-Blocker: roleblock anyone who visits you. Cannot roleblock kills

-SECRET TOWN ROLE 2

-Town Busdriver: Swap two player’s positions as targets.

-Town Mayor: Once per game you may change the lynch result to No Lynch.

-Jailer: When a No Lynch occurs you may bring in a player for questioning. You will remain anonymous. At the end of the night, you can choose to release or kill the player. The player cannot be targeted by other night actions while jailed and cannot perform any actions.

-Leeroy: Kill yourself to determine the day’s lynch target. Sets remaining Day time to 24 hours.

-Town Doctor: Chooses a player to protect every night.

-SECRET TOWN ROLE 3

-Oracle: Publicly Reveal a player’s role when you die. You can change targets every night

-One Shot Loudmouth: When activated, all player’s who visit you that night are announced upon daystart. It does not say that you were the one who was visited.

-Tough Flavor Cop: Check a player and discover any *secret* information. You cannot be killed by the person you target that night. If you are in a Draw scenario for Endgame, you will be unable to survive in that instance.

-Seraph Knight: choose a player to protect during night 1. For the rest of the game you will visit that player everynight and protect them from night kills

-Town desperado Gunsmith: at night give a player a one use gun. The gun will kill the target and then the player. Activated by posting “shoot [player]” in bold, underline, AND color
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Re: Shadow Corridor [JOB/SPEED]

Post by sprityo »

Changed granny and bomb to Auto blocker and desperado Gunsmith respectively.

Considering adding a choice at the start of the game of: “no role claiming” OR “role claiming is allowed, but the mafia has a soup kill”
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ColinIsCool »

I'm no expert, but it seems like making certain town roles 1-shot against those indies (plus presumably the scum) seems a little balanced against the town.

Also, in the Leroy role, what's the purpose of making the day last an additional 24 hours past then?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Leeroys time is a cushion for people to have discussion time. If it’s not favored it can be removed

Explain your first part? The one shot means they have one use of the ability given
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:20 pm I'm no expert, but it seems like making certain town roles 1-shot against those indies (plus presumably the scum) seems a little balanced against the town.

Also, in the Leroy role, what's the purpose of making the day last an additional 24 hours past then?
Oh nvm I see,

Town has one shot investigative roles, gambit roles, and a majority protection roles

It’s balanced to make the town think more instead of relying on a single person, while countering the powerhouse mafia and indies
Banners:
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ColinIsCool »

I guess it's hard to really say with so many secrets, but I'm sure you know what you're doing with it. :beer:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I’m about to say “fuck it” and move this to the Basement since I can’t get words on it here
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

It looks fine to me. This mafia is very weak if they don't have each other's identities, so town should be weak too to balance that out.

One thing, make sure the "bargain" that demon is making is desirable. From experience players tend to reject taking part in obvious bastard mechanics.

Return to “The Basement”