JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

2018 Syndicate Mafia [END]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

10 players

Respects to Roxy and fingersplints for the first game themed this way on The Syndicate. Their game was great fun and the inspiration for this sequel of sorts. We have a lot of newer faces around here since that game was played and another bout of self-referential roleplay nonsense should be a hilarious experience.

Role matrix:

All roles not featured in the matrix are vanilla roles for each alignment. Note that the "1-shot ninja" does not refer to a role with an extra kill as that term has sometimes been defined on The Syndicate in the past. This role evades detection by trackers. If you have questions about what the other roles in the matrix are, just ask.

Living players:

Dom -- S~V~S, vanilla mafioso
Epignosis -- G-Man, 1-shot doublevoter
Glorfindel -- speedchuck, 2-shot doctor
Marmot -- Golden, vanilla civilian

Dead players:

JaggedJimmyJay -- Lynched on Day 1, Sloonei, vanilla civilian
dunya -- Killed on Night 1, MacDougall, vanilla civilian
DrWilgy -- Lynched on Day 2, Long Con, vanilla civilian
MacDougall - Killed on Night 2, Epignosis, vanilla civilian
Golden -- Lynched on Day 3, Dom, vanilla civilian
Vompatti -- Killed on Night 2, DrWilgy, vanilla civilian

NOTE: speedchuck is participating in this game. This is made public now because it needed to be known for us to determine facilitators. It is known in the moderator forum and now it is also known here. This is not revealed for any game-relevant purpose other than to ensure fairness.

Rules and guidelines (please review):

Spoiler: show
Voting Rules

1.) Votes are changeable with no limitations.
2.) Voting is not obligatory. There is no requirement to vote in any phase whatsoever. There are participation standards though, which I'll cover separately.
3.) The player who has received the most votes at the deadline shall be lynched.
4.) In the event of a tied vote, the lynched player shall be decided among the tied names at random.
5.) A "no lynch" option will be included each day phase. This option must lead the tally with no ties to be enacted at any time.

Participation Standard

There is no rigid standard for participation; this will be at the host's discretion. All players are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute to the game thread consistently enough that their content can be fairly judged. Non-participation has an adverse effect upon the balance of the game. If I decide a player is not participating enough to facilitate this balance, that player will be replaced. If a replacement cannot be found, there will not be a modkill. A game this small cannot handle modkills without balance being destroyed -- worse than even total quiet. With this in mind I reiterate: it's very important that everyone try to participate. At least a few posts per day/night cycle are a bare minimum.

Information rules:

1.) Roleclaiming is legal in all forms.
2.) Publicly revealing information gleaned from a role is legal in all forms.

Other:

1.) Respect all guidelines and rules found in The Syndicate's announcements section. Above all else, treat your fellow players with respect -- this is just a game.
2.) BTSC (behind the scenes chatter) is only permitted in host-designated locations.
3.) No editing or deleting of posts in the game thread.
4.) Dead players should post in the {Dead} Red if they are posting in the game thread. If you do post as a dead player, I insist that you ensure what you say cannot possibly affect the game in any way -- even the most innocuous off-topic things have that potential so please be careful.
5.) Non-Players should similarly post in {Non-Player} Blue if they are posting in the game thread.
6.) Living players wishing to discuss something off-topic should do so in {Off-Topic} Green.
7.) This is the Host Color. I don't actually care if you use it, just don't impersonate me. Unless you're impersonating me. Since one of you is. Maybe you should avoid my color. :evileye:
8.) If you ever have any questions about the rules, roles, or setup, please ask me in private. You may ask publicly, but I will only answer publicly if I deem it appropriate.

Game Facilitators:

[mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] and [mention]dunya[/mention]

If you are feeling frustrated or otherwise bugged and want to talk about it, Spacedaisy and dunya are both here to talk it over with you. dunya is learning the facilitator process, but both of them are fully prepared to listen, advise, or just shoot the shit if you have the desire. :)

Sample Vanilla Civilian Role Card:
You are a vanilla civilian. You have no special abilities. Win the game by eliminating all threats to your faction.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: 2018 Syndicate Mafia [Day 0]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Day 0 will begin shortly, when everyone has received their roles. It will last only about 10 hours, until 9:00 PM EST. Day 1 will begin then.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

All ten Syndicate regulars slid into their skin suits, stretched the skin sleeves over their arms, and combed the hair over their skin-suit scalps. It was a perfectly ordinary day.
Then they decided to kill each other.

Day 0 begins now and will end in just over 10 hours. You may post. Have fun y'all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Chuck »

Greetings, my friends. :) I'm glad I have the chance to play with you all again!
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Principal Skinner »

DrWilgy
Glorfindel
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Good afternoon, folks. I am your great and noble leader JiggedJammyJay, the undisputed King of Muck Fountain. Save your applause as it adds nothing to the civilian effort. I am going to solve this game with rigorous procedure and pinpoint accuracy, starting now. I do not need to wait for him to post to know that Golden is scum. I urge everyone to vote for him the moment our strikingly handsome host opens the Day 1 poll.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

This shall be a normal, straightforward game of mafia.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Lunatella »

Can we hurry up with this so we can lynch Jay
Lunalee
nutella
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Echo »

wat :3

who should i trust?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Dôm wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:35 pm wat :3

who should i trust?
DrWilgy
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 29
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Where's the poll?

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine

Votes are changeable. :beer:
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I won't be around much, I'm off to climb a mountain.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Dr.Wilgy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:43 pm

who should i trust?
DrWilgy
why?

s = \sqrt{\frac{1}{N-1} \sum_{i=1}^N (x_i - \overline{x})^2}.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Celeste »

Oh, this thing started? Terrific. I’ll be around for the start of Day 1 because Day 1 is going to start while I’m watching the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, and Astros make me some money.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Well, this is easy.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Spacedaisy »

Hello imposters! In case you missed it, dunya and I will be Co-Facilitators for this little masquerade. Now, we know how emotional fraught mafia can be, and doubly so in sock accounts. It's just that much harder to read someone's intent when they are playing as a fake identity. So let me remind you that both dunya and I are here to be your pressure valve release. When it's getting to you and you are about to melt down in the thread because you are so furious at that one person who just seems to be trying to tug on your very last nerve; that's where we come in. We're a couple of cool headed gals who will listen when you need to vent or help out however we can to keep the game feeling fun for you.

Feel like swearing at someone? I can handle it, I swear like a sailor. Just ask my husband.

Wanna body slam someone like in a WWE match? Sure, sounds fun. I'm already injured anyway and my insurance is covering everything at this point!

Just please come to us first, that is literally why we are here. If you freak out in the thread first, then you are making the game not fun for everyone else, not just the person who is pissing you off. So don't do it. Even if you have a problem with the host. We can help. After all, if dunya can't keep that guy in line who can? ;)

Also, we have a policy of trying to be proactive here at The Syndicate, so if we reach out to you it's not intended as an insult. It just means it might seem like things are getting to you and we want to try to help keep the game experience fun for you.

If you see someone else getting upset and it has nothing to do with you, please don't hesitate to drop us a PM too. Sometimes you guys see it sooner than the host or Facilitators. We can always use help keeping on top of it.

So, have fun and let's treat each other respectfully.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

A disclaimer? Grown-ass men like me don’t need disclaimers. Let’s all cowboy and cowgirl up and play this straight. No emotional nonsense.

I thought this game was supposed to start around 9? The Yankees are fattening my wallet and my other games still hold some promise. I want to ride me a wave of momentum but the host’s not letting anyone in the pool yet.

:disappoint:
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: 2018 Syndicate Mafia [Day 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The skin suit-wearers were eager to begin killing one another, but the host had fallen asleep. So they waited 40 more minutes. Neener neener.

It is Day 1. You have 48 hours to vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Now we’re talking.

Hey Glorfindel- I have two questions for you:

1) Are you a civvie?
2) Are you mafia?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

DrWilgy
Epignosis
Glorfindel
Marmot
dunya
Dom
MacDougall
Vompatti
JaggedJimmyJay

Dôm wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:51 pm
Dr.Wilgy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:43 pm

who should i trust?
DrWilgy
why?
:shrug:
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Kent Brockman »

Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Tell you what- I don’t know what I’m more disappointed with: the Astros for shitting the bed, the Rockets for blowing the spread, or this game. Discussion is the town’s best weapon during the day. Empty your holsters folks.

And [mention]Gólden[/mention], use words, you ninny. This isn’t Image Mafia.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

:nicenod:
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Golden
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Epignósis wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:05 am Tell you what- I don’t know what I’m more disappointed with: the Astros for shitting the bed, the Rockets for blowing the spread, or this game. Discussion is the town’s best weapon during the day. Empty your holsters folks.

And @ Gólden, use words, you ninny. This isn’t Image Mafia.
Wat about the Red Sox?

Since when does Wilgy do rainbow lists?
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

MacDöugall wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:11 pm Can we hurry up with this so we can lynch Jay
Mac wants to lynch me and he's masking his aggression behind humor. You come at the king you best not miss.
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

I like Epignosis. He is trying to generate discussion. That shows a strong civilian mindset. I name him JiggedJammyJay's first Star of the Game.
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Glōrfindel wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:06 am Greetings, my friends. :) I'm glad I have the chance to play with you all again!
Hey Glorf. I was pleased to see this enthusiasm to begin the game. Where has it gone? Huh? You haven't had a thing to say since!
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Dôm wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:37 pm
Epignósis wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:05 am Tell you what- I don’t know what I’m more disappointed with: the Astros for shitting the bed, the Rockets for blowing the spread, or this game. Discussion is the town’s best weapon during the day. Empty your holsters folks.

Wat about the Red Sox?

Dr.Wilgy has arguably provided the most content in this game. Why is he the player you are choosing to go after?
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

JiggedJammyJay wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:11 pm

Wat about the Red Sox?

Dr.Wilgy has arguably provided the most content in this game. Why is he the player you are choosing to go after?
I am not going after him, I am asking questions. It's what I do. I ask questions.

Why do you think asking a generic question is going after someone?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

JiggedJammyJay wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:09 pm
Glōrfindel wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:06 am Greetings, my friends. :) I'm glad I have the chance to play with you all again!
Hey Glorf. I was pleased to see this enthusiasm to begin the game. Where has it gone? Huh? You haven't had a thing to say since!
I'm sorry my friends, I've been away at a retreat for the last 24 hours. I'll be catching up now.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Epignósis wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:42 pm Now we’re talking.

Hey Glorfindel- I have two questions for you:

1) Are you a civvie?
2) Are you mafia?
:mad:
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

I come back to mafia for one special game, leave for 24 hours, and this is what I come back to? I don't know why I even try. I'm not going to be addressing any alignment questions, or questions about alignment questions.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by dunya »

hi guys! I'm really excited to be facilitating this game with the lovely Spacedaisy.

I'm very familiar with the frustrations of a mafia game (esp sockpopet games) and have abused the facilitators in the past (who have been a blessing to me). Please feel free to complain, vent or even just chat to us about anything and everything. We're here for you!

We'll also be keeping an eye on the game so don't be surprised if we reach out to you and make sure you're ok. :) we'll try our best. And if you're playing and feel concerned about someone else, feel free to reach out to us and we'll make sure they're ok. We will appreciate the heads-up.

Have a great game, ya'll
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Oh hey look a rainbow list
Dom
DrWilgy
dunya
Epignosis
Glorfindel
Golden
Marmot
Vompatti
JaggedJimmyJay
Lunalee
nutella
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Wat about the Red Sox?

Dom... knows.... sport?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Gólden wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:48 am

Wat about the Red Sox?

Dom... knows.... sport?
:shrug:

[VOTE: Golden] aubergine
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Quin »

what's the bet someone here is roleplaying as themselves
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Nothing is as scary as rainbows from skinsuits.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Gólden wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:48 am

Wat about the Red Sox?

Dom... knows.... sport?
everyone in New England knows the red sox, sports are stupid but the sox transcend

easter is a meaningless social construct, so I will be around most of the day after i finish grading papers
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Glōrfindel wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:55 pm I come back to mafia for one special game, leave for 24 hours, and this is what I come back to? I don't know why I even try. I'm not going to be addressing any alignment questions, or questions about alignment questions.
You’re evading the questions. Why? Are you unable to answer them without lying?

:slick:
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

In my experience, Dom is not a player that "chooses" to go after someone. He probes endlessly of anyone.

That quadruple post from Jay seems very uncharacteristic. :p
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Gólden wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:58 pm In my experience, Dom is not a player that "chooses" to go after someone. He probes endlessly of anyone.

How much does that mean in a game where everyone is faking? In my opinion we will have to look past that sort of thing.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

[VOTE: Dunya] aubergine
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

So Jimmy went ahead and voted for me without even giving me a foot massage first.

Let me set the scene for you.

I was sitting outside watching the world go by and I thought to myself "Well shit, Glorfindel has more posts than Jimmy. Jimmy is bad." [VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
Lunalee
nutella
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Glōrfindel wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:05 pm [VOTE: Dunya] aubergine
no you didn't. Why say you did when you didn't?

same question for marmot; he said he was self voting and he didn't. why?

Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Dôm wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:24 pm
Glōrfindel wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:05 pm [VOTE: Dunya] aubergine
no you didn't. Why say you did when you didn't?

same question for marmot; he said he was self voting and he didn't. why?

Sorry, I forgot.

Does Marmot self-vote when bad? In my opinion it doesn't seem like a good move for mafia.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Because there was no poll. Then I went climbing. I forgot to come back and actually put the vote on the poll.

You know who isn't themselves? Golden. He's only posted an image and something about Dom not liking baseball. That's just wrong, something is off.

[VOTE: golden] aubergine

Looks like I'm breaking a tie. :beer: you can thank me later.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Glōrfindel wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:03 pm
Gólden wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:58 pm In my experience, Dom is not a player that "chooses" to go after someone. He probes endlessly of anyone.

How much does that mean in a game where everyone is faking? In my opinion we will have to look past that sort of thing.
This man is town.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Return to “Previous Heists”