ROUND FOUR ☢ ZOMBIE GAME

insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 63

Re: ROUND FOUR ☢ ZOMBIE GAME

Post by insertnamehere »

Scotty wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 pm Gg Golden. I was behind this whole game and didn’t really realize until round 3 of the implications of the humans becoming elim candidates so I’m glad someone else did the work there.
I really would advise all of the players, especially those who haven't seen the show, to study the game explanations like a textbook before a Finals test, then mercilessly torture me with as many questions as possible until you understand every factor at play, and every possible outcome.

A lot of what The Genius comes down to is this: who knows the most about what's currently occurring, and how to best exploit it. You do this by taking initiative with the game rules, and with other players.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 58

Post by DharmaHelper »

Apparently if you ask even one question Golden will know you're a bad guy.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

The Round Four Death Match will be played by [mention]speedchuck[/mention] and [mention]DisgruntledPorcupine[/mention].

As of now, they are both under BTSC lockdown. No one else can contact them via PM or other methods, and they can't contact anyone else. The other 8 players still enjoy Open BTSC.

The Death Match will be posted shortly.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 54

Post by speedchuck »

:pout: I am owed four Garnets and it is coming out of DP's account.

linki: hope I'm still allowed to post this
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:34 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 pm Gg Golden. I was behind this whole game and didn’t really realize until round 3 of the implications of the humans becoming elim candidates so I’m glad someone else did the work there.
I really would advise all of the players, especially those who haven't seen the show, to study the game explanations like a textbook before a Finals test, then mercilessly torture me with as many questions as possible until you understand every factor at play, and every possible outcome.

A lot of what The Genius comes down to is this: who knows the most about what's currently occurring, and how to best exploit it. You do this by taking initiative with the game rules, and with other players.
Seriously, watching the show I feel helps enormously too, in addition to providing very incredible and addicting entertainment.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Good luck in the death match, you two.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

speedchuck wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:37 pm :pout: I am owed four Garnets and it is coming out of DP's account.

linki: hope I'm still allowed to post this
You can still post in both threads, and everyone can post in the Death Match thread as well. It's just that no one can PM you about the game and you can't PM anyone else. Same goes for DP.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Holy shit, Twelve Janggi!! What a game. This’ll be interesting.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 58

Post by DharmaHelper »

Woof, glad I didn't get picked for this one.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 pm Woof, glad I didn't get picked for this one.
Yeah, this game is nuts. Pretty cool though.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:32 pm "Surviving human winners gain a Garnet for each point they earned."

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff I misread this and thought that any humans who got through would get the garnets. I thought I was going to an elimination match, sure, but I wanted to go in rich. This is stupid.
Oh actually - even I missed this. I also thought every surviving human got garnets. Sorry, I would have told you if I realised this was the case.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:34 pm

I wrote so many PMs to people in this game that were just variations on 'you need to read the rules' and then never sent any of them. I felt really bad, I wanted to tell people that they needed to study the starting post better, but to do that would have been to negatively impact my own chances of winning.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:36 pm Apparently if you ask even one question Golden will know you're a bad guy.
It was the smell of rotting zombie flesh.

Call it the intuition of Sangmin.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Wow, twelve janggi. That's a rough one to get, that's full on strategy. I would advise everyone to just take your time, perhaps even watch some online.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:32 pm "Surviving human winners gain a Garnet for each point they earned."

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff I misread this and thought that any humans who got through would get the garnets. I thought I was going to an elimination match, sure, but I wanted to go in rich. This is stupid.
Oh actually - even I missed this. I also thought every surviving human got garnets. Sorry, I would have told you if I realised this was the case.
Yes, me too. My original strategy was to try to remain human and get a few Garnets along the way. It was a much more cutthroat environment than I thought.

I was also surprised you chose EdJou, Golden, considering my compliance with your PM request.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:47 am

Yes, me too. My original strategy was to try to remain human and get a few Garnets along the way. It was a much more cutthroat environment than I thought.

I was also surprised you chose EdJou, Golden, considering my compliance with your PM request.
I mean, it was more of a suggestion in your own interests. I didn't have to watch your back.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:53 am
Long Con wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:47 am

I mean, it was more of a suggestion in your own interests. I didn't have to watch your back.
No, you're right. I was misremembering the PM, and when I looked back, it's all good. You said if I was a Zombie I wouldn't be the Elimination Candidate, and I mistakenly recalled it as you would make sure I wasn't in the Deathmatch or something, and so in my mind I was like "oh Golden will choose me". Of course it was just friendly advice, just a momentary memory glitch. :srsnod:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I didn't promise anyone the token of life. I just gave it to the person that I felt I actively misled. With you I just didn't tell you stuff. With Ed I could have let him in on what I was doing and then I didn't.

With both of you I lost count of the number of PMs I drafted that I deleted that said 'I'm saying this because I know who the zombies are'. I just wasn't fully sure that neither of you would derail me somehow. With Ed I did suggest he considered that MP might have infected him, but I didn't say that I was really certain about it.
EdJou
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 19

Post by EdJou »

I played myself with a sorting error on the worst possible player and then just hoped for the best. Whateves, it was already over for me. After the 2nd day I just wanted to go to the death match.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I actually hated being a zombie for this, for the record. When I got my PM I was like SHIT. I was so afraid I was going to Jungmoon this game. :p

Return to “Main Matches”