U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 8

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:24 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:18 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:50 pm i don't really see what you mean. day or night, you escaped from long con's void, so wouldn't you still have been subject to the 1/3 roll chance? the first paragraph refers to a way you could have escaped, 2nd paragraph refers to the things that might happen in the event that you did escape.
No No No - you do not understand. Look at the first paragraph again -

At night there is a random chance that a person confined to the Chatzy of Lost Souls finds a way to escape. This starts at 5% and goes up by 5% each phase that they reside there.

Do you see where it says AT NIGHT????? This is talking about the escape that can happen at night which I posted about earlier in the game. It is NOT TALKING ABOUT A DAY ESCAPE! I escaped via DDL which was a DAY ESCAPE. My freedom happened at the end of DAY four. The NIGHT ESCAPE was the only one that was subject to recruitment.
I think I understand it fine? the random event where recruitments happen doesn't specify that it can only happen at night, only that it happens when an escape happens. it doesn't specify that it can only happen during night escapes. it doesn't imply anywhere that day and night escapes would be treated differently.
Yes it does specify that! Look at the next paragraph:

If that player escapes there is a random event. In the event the player is a civilian there is a ⅓ chance they will die upon escape, a ⅓ chance they will fall in love with the Abyss and have their win con switched to the same win con as The Endless Void and a ⅓ chance they will escape freely.

"That player" refers to the player in the first paragraph - the player that escapes AT NIGHT. It's as clear as day. You are so bad.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]juliets[/mention] i don't understand why the rules for escape would change just cus the means of escape changed.

i also don't understand why you're putting so much effort into proving to me that you weren't recruited if you think I'm mafia like you stated earlier?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:50 pm i don't really see what you mean. day or night, you escaped from long con's void, so wouldn't you still have been subject to the 1/3 roll chance? the first paragraph refers to a way you could have escaped, 2nd paragraph refers to the things that might happen in the event that you did escape.
Do we have any clarification at all on how DDL's role works? That seems to be the missing puzzle piece here. How "rescued" is rescued?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 5

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:27 am MacDougall is drunk so forgive if something goes wrong.

Long Con has been lynched.

He was the Endless Void, Al-Pieda. The Chatzy of Lost Souls has been destroyed.

The Endless Void targets a player each night. That player will be sent to the Chatzy of Lost Souls.

While residing in the Chatzy of Lost Souls players are confined to the Chatzy of Lost Souls completely. They are unable to participate in thread activities at all. No voting or posting. Their ability to cast night actions is limited to the confines of the other members of the Chatzy of Lost Souls. They will be removed from any other BTSC chats that they are in for the duration of their time in the Chatzy of Lost Souls.

At night there is a random chance that a person confined to the Chatzy of Lost Souls finds a way to escape. This starts at 5% and goes up by 5% each phase that they reside there.

If that player escapes there is a random event. In the event the player is a civilian there is a ⅓ chance they will die upon escape, a ⅓ chance they will fall in love with the Abyss and have their win con switched to the same win con as The Endless Void and a ⅓ chance they will escape freely.

In the event the player is Independent or Mafia aligned upon their escape there is a ⅔ chance they escape unimpacted. There is a ⅓ chance they kill the Endless Void on their way out, thus liberating the remaining participants there.

The Endless Void is not allowed to enter The Chatzy of Lost Souls and cannot self target.

If The Endless Void is lynched or otherwise killed, the Chatzy of Lost Souls is completely destroyed. Every person inside has a 50/50 chance of survival.

The Endless Void cannot be targeted by any similar roles.

Sig and Dunya have been liberated.

It's night um 5. I'll end it in like 24 hours or so.
"that player" and "the player" are used multiple times throughout LC's role description to refer to interned players. it mentions one method of escape specifically and what happens in the aftermath of an escape. there's nothing here to imply that the same 3 sided dice role wouldn't occur during any other escape.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:33 pm
Do we have any clarification at all on how DDL's role works? That seems to be the missing puzzle piece here. How "rescued" is rescued?
[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] ?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:31 pm @juliets i don't understand why the rules for escape would change just cus the means of escape changed.

i also don't understand why you're putting so much effort into proving to me that you weren't recruited if you think I'm mafia like you stated earlier?
The rules for escape change because that is what is specified in Long Con's role description. It clearly pertains to escapes that occur at night. Otherwise, why do you think the role card specifies "at night"? Why even have that in there if the mechanic applies to all escapes? It was explained to me that the "door" would either be open or not at night and I could escape via that means but there was a chance I would be fundamentally changed (i.e. recruited) or die. Being rescued by someone else was a different alternative. You can only know those things if you were in the chatzy when soul keeper explained it to me but you should be able to see that the mechanic clearly applied to "night" escapes, whether you think it should have or not. I am putting effort into this because you are wrong and I think that is clearly shown by the language in Long Con's role card. I do not let wrong things be said about me without showing they are false if they are significant.

And to your last post "that player" is referring to the player in the paragraph above. That's how the English language works.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

But I'm done with this discussion. You either understand my point or you don't. If you want to lynch the civvie cop go right ahead.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

And on another point entirely, why would I continue to check civs if I knew the were civs and signal sig that they were civ if I'm mafia? That's how sig knew TH was civ - I signaled him.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

That's also how he and dunya knew Long Con was bad - I signaled them. Why would I do that?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I really am completely finished now.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:46 pm And on another point entirely, why would I continue to check civs if I knew the were civs and signal sig that they were civ if I'm mafia? That's how sig knew TH was civ - I signaled him.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 5

Post by colonialbob »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:30 am c-bob, humor me please by answering this question: what did you mean by the underlined below? How is your game here different from your typical game and why is it different?

colonialbob wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:01 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:36 am also, I'm sorry, but cbob I know asking all these probing questions that actually lead to places isn't in this game. It's the same feeling I got when I said Scotty was not himself, LC was trying to hard to appear clueless...and you're just doing homework to look like you're invested but reach a decision to lynch Sloonei, the only player who hasn't broken roleplay all game because he won't put up a fight? that was your best pick?
You know there's something else about this that bothers me.

"Sloonei hasn't broken roleplay all game" -> not suspicious
"This cbob is different" -> suspicious

Why the discrepancy? Neither Sloonei nor I are playing pur typical games here, but I'm a lot closer to mine than he is to his.
I'm playing a looser game because this is a meme game. I'm not totally opposite my normal civ game, but it is true this one is a bit different.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:42 pmThe rules for escape change because that is what is specified in Long Con's role description. It clearly pertains to escapes that occur at night. Otherwise, why do you think the role card specifies "at night"?
it's two separate paragraphs. the paragraph that mentions night refers to the method in which you could have escaped by yourself, it doesn't take into account other methods of escape
Why even have that in there if the mechanic applies to all escapes?
if LC's role description went out of its own way to mention other ways of void escapage wouldn't that have tipped the mafia off to DDL's role
It was explained to me that the "door" would either be open or not at night and I could escape via that means but there was a chance I would be fundamentally changed (i.e. recruited) or die. Being rescued by someone else was a different alternative. You can only know those things if you were in the chatzy when soul keeper explained it to me but you should be able to see that the mechanic clearly applied to "night" escapes, whether you think it should have or not.
so the soul keeper specifically said to you that the recruitment chance only specifically applied to that method of escape and no others?
I am putting effort into this because you are wrong and I think that is clearly shown by the language in Long Con's role card. I do not let wrong things be said about me without showing they are false if they are significant.
it's not really that clear. the only direct indication of what you've said about recruitment being true is a citation of a private chat we don't have access to.
And to your last post "that player" is referring to the player in the paragraph above. That's how the English language works.
thanks, cool
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 7

Post by colonialbob »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:53 am
colonialbob wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:55 pm Well if I was al-Pieda anyway
C-bob, please humor me with another question. What did you mean with this statement? You had just said if you were mafia you would not have played the previous day as you did (it was the tie Lynch between Kites and INH). What did you mean by that and this statement?
I mean if I'm INH's teammate I make sure I vote him so Kyle "ties" by voting Kites but then actually only Kites is lynched because secret double vote.

Obviously that doesn't apply if I'm ISIS.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Yep kyle's bad yall
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

epignosis is the only player allowed to make arguments based on high school level english knowledge, and he's also the only player who's allowed to be ridiculed for doing so.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:06 pm
Yep kyle's bad yall
ugh [mention]Turnip Head[/mention] you have to see what I'm seeing here
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:46 pm And on another point entirely, why would I continue to check civs if I knew the were civs and signal sig that they were civ if I'm mafia? That's how sig knew TH was civ - I signaled him.
Yeah this is the strongest evidence in your favor. I thought Sig was saying he copped TH but when you claimed cop it made all kinds of sense.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:03 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:42 pmThe rules for escape change because that is what is specified in Long Con's role description. It clearly pertains to escapes that occur at night. Otherwise, why do you think the role card specifies "at night"?
it's two separate paragraphs. the paragraph that mentions night refers to the method in which you could have escaped by yourself, it doesn't take into account other methods of escape
Why even have that in there if the mechanic applies to all escapes?
if LC's role description went out of its own way to mention other ways of void escapage wouldn't that have tipped the mafia off to DDL's role
It was explained to me that the "door" would either be open or not at night and I could escape via that means but there was a chance I would be fundamentally changed (i.e. recruited) or die. Being rescued by someone else was a different alternative. You can only know those things if you were in the chatzy when soul keeper explained it to me but you should be able to see that the mechanic clearly applied to "night" escapes, whether you think it should have or not.
so the soul keeper specifically said to you that the recruitment chance only specifically applied to that method of escape and no others?
I am putting effort into this because you are wrong and I think that is clearly shown by the language in Long Con's role card. I do not let wrong things be said about me without showing they are false if they are significant.
it's not really that clear. the only direct indication of what you've said about recruitment being true is a citation of a private chat we don't have access to.
thanks, cool
The soulkeeper specifically said the "escape" at night through the door is the one where I could come out "changed". Being rescued was a separate option.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:07 pm
Yep kyle's bad yall
ugh Turnip Head you have to see what I'm seeing here
No your logic doesn't make any sense. Juliets didn't escape, she was freed because her captor got lynched.

But I get it, you're making one last play, you do you.

PS I also think you're bad because you refuse to come back to the cave to chat, when in FE you were all about your BTSC with your mage buddy.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:10 pmThe soulkeeper specifically said the "escape" at night through the door is the one where I could come out "changed". Being rescued was a separate option.
was the soulkeepwr Mac or PC?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:10 pm
Yep kyle's bad yall
No your logic doesn't make any sense. Juliets didn't escape, she was freed because her captor got lynched.

But I get it, you're making one last play, you do you.

PS I also think you're bad because you refuse to come back to the cave to chat, when in FE you were all about your BTSC with your mage buddy.
mac literally told us we weren't allowed to use that for btsc :0 just sex
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yep kyle's bad yall
ugh @Turnip Head you have to see what I'm seeing here
Just keep holding my hand please. I have too many suitors
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

:noble:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:11 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:10 pmThe soulkeeper specifically said the "escape" at night through the door is the one where I could come out "changed". Being rescued was a separate option.
was the soulkeepwr Mac or PC?
Soulkeeper was Mac.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

It's Kyle or DDL. I prefer them in that order.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:10 pmNo your logic doesn't make any sense. Juliets didn't escape, she was freed because her captor got lynched.
you're also confusing juliets with dunya and sig
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kyle, shouldn't you be telling us why you are not bad? If I'm going to believe one of my checks was wrong I have to believe you are good. I'm not seeing any evidence of that.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:15 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:10 pmNo your logic doesn't make any sense. Juliets didn't escape, she was freed because her captor got lynched.
you're also confusing juliets with dunya and sig
Apparently

This game is over 6500 posts :faint:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:16 pmKyle, shouldn't you be telling us why you are not bad?
no? what kind of person solves mafia by talking about and investigating themselves. that's not a thing.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:21 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:16 pmKyle, shouldn't you be telling us why you are not bad?
no? what kind of person solves mafia by talking about and investigating themselves. that's not a thing.
It's definitely a thing when I have two checks that say TH and c-bob are civ.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yep kyle's bad yall
I thought the story was [mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] saved her.?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:24 pm
Yep kyle's bad yall
I thought the story was @Dragon D. Luffy saved her.?
He did save me. I think c-bob confused my release with sig and dunya's.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

if there's two things that should be evidence of my alignment it's that long con almost got me lynched on day 2, and that if I were mafia there's no way I'd use my role to clear Turnip "Gamblers Gambit" Head at endgame. There'd be no benefit to doing that.

I think I was also an early-ish supporter of the long con and motel wagons as well.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:26 pm if there's two things that should be evidence of my alignment it's that long con almost got me lynched on day 2, and that if I were mafia there's no way I'd use my role to clear Turnip "Gamblers Gambit" Head at endgame. There'd be no benefit to doing that.

I think I was also an early-ish supporter of the long con and motel wagons as well.
It's *Grifter's Gamble* thank you very much

I wanted people to like... roll me
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Gambler's Gambit is better.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

So [mention]Kylemii[/mention] if we do this should we lynch bob or Jules first? And we will need DDLs vote for a majority
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

what about "Grifters Gambit"?

Y/N?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:32 pm what about "Grifters Gambit"?

Y/N?
Well it's less gambly so maybe it would have actually functioned
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:32 pm So @Kylemii if we do this should we lynch bob or Jules first? And we will need DDLs vote for a majority
idk dude juliets response to my questioning has seemed genuine in kind of an emotional way, and now I'm nervous again cus that doesn't seem like something she'd fake if she were mafia. I think cbob would be a better choice between the two, but either way there's no way we'd actually manage a majority with cbobs role in play, unless he specifically targeted one of us, or was lying about it's functionality
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I confess I don't remember ever seeing juliets play as mafia. She could be capabale of anything as far as I'm concerned. She's an original gangster
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:41 pm I confess I don't remember ever seeing juliets play as mafia. She could be capabale of anything as far as I'm concerned. She's an original gangster
has juliets ever been mafia? i feel like all my ideas on what things are and aren't in her mafia wheelhouse come from how she is on discord where she's everyone's warm and caring friend and not complicit in murders and crimes.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:41 pm I confess I don't remember ever seeing juliets play as mafia. She could be capabale of anything as far as I'm concerned. She's an original gangster
Think about my signaling and ask whether it makes sense if I'm mafia. Why did I signal sig and dunya that LC was bad? Why didn't I just signal them that he was civ? Without dunya's nail in the coffin he wouldn't have been lynched. Why would I take your name out of play and signal sig that he should take it out of play too if I'm mafia? I'd want as many people as possible in the pot to be considered possibly bad.

linki with Kyle: haven't been mafia in a while

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

are you mafia now?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:45 pm are you mafia now?
No, I just posted about how I signaled who was mafia and who was civ.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:44 pm
Think about my signaling and ask whether it makes sense if I'm mafia. Why did I signal sig and dunya that LC was bad? Why didn't I just signal them that he was civ? Without dunya's nail in the coffin he wouldn't have been lynched. Why would I take your name out of play and signal sig that he should take it out of play too if I'm mafia? I'd want as many people as possible in the pot to be considered possibly bad.

linki with Kyle: haven't been mafia in a while
That's my dilemma... Kyle cleared me too.

LC definitely knew it was YOU who outted him though... I wonder how such a thing could be staged. It sounds ballsy but so are the players involved :ponder:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets on the same argument wouldn't it be extremely suspicious to people who knew you were a cop if you suddenly stopped supplying them with cop information
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:47 pm juliets on the same argument wouldn't it be extremely suspicious to people who knew you were a cop if you suddenly stopped supplying them with cop information
But I could have supplied them with the info that LC was civ. He never would have been lynched had I not signaled he was bad.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

And I could have not signaled at all on TH which would mean I was blocked or something else interfered (I wouldn't know what it was if I didn't get a result).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”