U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 204

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 8

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:00 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:53 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:46 pmLC definitely knew it was YOU who outted him though... I wonder how such a thing could be staged. It sounds ballsy but so are the players involved :ponder:
follow up quandry??: if the mafia knew that juliets was a civ cop then why is she still alive 4 days later
Because sig and dunya covered well for me. They drew the suspicion onto them. sig claimed he was JOAT and he had checked LC before he got taken to the chatzy of lost souls and that made sense because the lynching was driven by dunya who was in there with sig.
Beautiful.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Let's assume juliets became a free agent and went to the other team.
Long Con wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:12 pm Well, looks like Juliet's role checked me, hope you kill stealing Isis bitches do the right thing and kill her, or DDL, or look back and see who Juliets confirmed Civ... sig? Sloonei? I don't know. Look at her posts, it's not hard to see.

But before I die, please let's admit that her case against me was empty. That's me every game. I even made a disclaimer in the sign up thread before this game even started or the roles were out, saying please don't alignment read me for that kind of thing.

I understand that she wanted to maintain subtlety about her role checking power, so she needed to make a case, and my game was pretty tight, so the case she ended up making was weak. I said in my btsc right away that oh darn she's got a role check. I recognize the signs pretty clearly.

Juliets , I chose you night one because you're my favorite.

Sorry I wasn't around much today, it's the first of four days of a food truck event for my wife and I, so I've been serving up fried goodies all day at a fair. It is somewhat proper for me to die now, because the next three days would be very similar.

And who knows, you might see me again sooner than you think. ;)
What does this do for you?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not done with Kylemii.
Kylemii wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:13 pm
Charlie Blackmon wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:54 pmWhat have you done each evening and what were your results?
I used the protection I got from quin on jay on night 2 and I used the role check I got from cbob the second time on turniphead. cbobs first gift is still in stock. i missed two nights of targets in the sex cave and ddl blew me off two times in a row, though one of them was my fault.
Why does your result on Turnip Head seem so crucial when it is anything but revelatory?
I think that's extremely subjective? turnip head was the most likely to have been lying about his role so I targeted him and found out he wasn't. if you don't think that's value added then cool, whatever, but I'm trying to help solve the game and I thought it might be useful information.
If DDL blew you off once, why target him a second time? Seems like a "fool me once, shame on you" sort of scenario.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:10 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:06 pm @Kylemii and @Dragon D. Luffy if you had to choose between juliets and CBob which way would you lean iykwim
You seriously want to lynch the cop?
Well no, I'd rather lynch Bob and then pray to Mac that you're still civ :scared:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Out of the two people who rolechecked me I actually trust Kyle more. am I a fool, or am I dancer
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I just realized I don't even suspect Bob in the slightest
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm really high right now
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:37 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:10 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:06 pm @Kylemii and @Dragon D. Luffy if you had to choose between juliets and CBob which way would you lean iykwim
You seriously want to lynch the cop?
Well no, I'd rather lynch Bob and then pray to Mac that you're still civ :scared:
Y tho
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 pm I just realized I don't even suspect Bob in the slightest
Vote kyle then!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

:offtobed:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Charlie Blackmon wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 pm I'm not done with Kylemii.
Kylemii wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:13 pm
Charlie Blackmon wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:54 pmWhat have you done each evening and what were your results?
I used the protection I got from quin on jay on night 2 and I used the role check I got from cbob the second time on turniphead. cbobs first gift is still in stock. i missed two nights of targets in the sex cave and ddl blew me off two times in a row, though one of them was my fault.
Why does your result on Turnip Head seem so crucial when it is anything but revelatory?
I think that's extremely subjective? turnip head was the most likely to have been lying about his role so I targeted him and found out he wasn't. if you don't think that's value added then cool, whatever, but I'm trying to help solve the game and I thought it might be useful information.
If DDL blew you off once, why target him a second time? Seems like a "fool me once, shame on you" sort of scenario.
first time was a technical issue, I targeted him too late and then he had an issue with the website and didn't get it to work
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

at least that's what I thought.

i wanted to give it a second chance
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:28 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:41 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:37 pm Welp inh was ISIS rip that defense

But anyway why wouldn't I have made Sloonei a double voter instead of you
the only reason we think you targeted me is cus you said you did, you could have targeted any of the inh voters, right?
which rules me out because I voted Kites.
i also dislike the implication that a mafia cbob would only specifically ever target his teammates and no one else. If none of his teammates were in jeopardy there'd be strategic utility in targeting me to prove his role or whatever
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

but on a similar note, if i were mafia, why wouldn't I just target my teammates for gauranteed free powers????
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]colonialbob[/mention] you still up?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:53 am colonialbob you still up?
barely
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:54 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:53 am colonialbob you still up?
barely
i was thinking i might just be um... be done or whatever
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i did my best, I went out of my comfort zone and broke my personal rule of never telling people reasons to read me as civ. this isn't a lynch that I'm gonna get out of
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

you guys have got to stop lynching me at or near lylo though. it's exhausting. this is the 3rd game in a row.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

pretty cool that every living player other than juliets has been targeted by my ability though
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:14 am you guys have got to stop lynching me at or near lylo though. it's exhausting. this is the 3rd game in a row.
Kyle bby thanks for taking this wild ride with me. At least we can say we made it this far :noble:

And um obviously if you die a townie it will be my fault and I already feel awful cuz... geez guys sometimes mafia gets personal... *wipes tear*
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 177

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii has been lynched.

He was Mario Party 6 for Nintendo Gamecube, Al-Pieda. Each night you can challenge a player to any video game that you can play in browser on the internet. If they send you a screenshot of themselves playing it you will receive a gift.

Al-Pieda has been eliminated.

The civilians have won. Congratulations Dunya, Juliets, Speedchuck, ColinIsCool, ColonialBob, Epignosis (Charlie Blackmon), Golden, JaggedJimmyJay, Kites, Lapluie, Nutella, Quin, Sig, Spacedaisy, Sprityo, Turnip Head and Wolbre04.

Dragon D. Luffy successfully completed his win condition and survived the game. He has also won the game.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

OH MY GOD!! Kyle almost had me convinced it wasn't him. I'm so glad I stuck to my guns. Kudos dunya and sig, you guys kept me alive to check more people, you both played great! Now I want to know who the others in the chatzy of lost souls were - who was Spooky Ghost? Who was Orange? Who was TDL McFresh? Great game Mac I thoroughly enjoyed it, even the chatzy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Post by juliets »

Also, I thought it was ironic that the baddie chatzy produced a strong civ alliance!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 736

Post by dunya »

yay gg.

I was sure after LC came in and painted juliets as the cop she was going to die next so I had to draw attention to me. Lunalee killed me, oh well, I started the game admitting I'd die for juliets. :p

I was 3p and my win con was to get juliets and speedchuck lynched before I die. I refused straight up. I can't betray juliets. :hugs:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Thank you for playing.

Juliets was Dr. Laszlo Kreisler, Absolute Unit. Makes sense that you're a cop. So yeah, you're a cop.

Turnip Head was A 20-sided die but one side is weighted just a teensy bit heavier than the others and I'm a gambler's dice and they call me Grifter's Gamble and also I'm black. Civilian. Each night you target a player. I will then roll a 20 sided die. More of than not you will receive the alignment of that player but occasionally it will be wrong.

ColonialBob was That first cup of coffee that takes you from basically dead to a real person every morning. Civilian. Each night you will target a player. That player will receive an extra vote to cast the next day. Cannot self target.

Dragon D. Luffy was Garnet. Independent.

Garnet enters the game at the beginning of day one with no alignment or role. While in this state Garnet does not appear in the lynch poll and cannot be targeted.

Garnet becomes the alignment of the first player who dies in the game.

If basic civ - Garnet acquires the ability to target a player that is missing each night. Garnet will discover their alignment.

If Absolute Unit - Garnet acquires the ability to target a player each night. If that player is holding other players captive those players will be freed.

If Al-Pieda - Garnet acquires the ability to target a player each night and protect them from harm.

If ISIS Cream - Garnet acquires the ability to target a missing player once during the game. If that player is a civilian then that player will also join ISIS Cream as a vanilla scum.

If Independent - Garnet acquires the ability to target a player each night. If that player is missing, Garnet finds them. Garnet can choose whether or not to free the player at the end of the phase. If Garnet frees three civilians during the game, Garnet’s win condition is activated and Garnet must survive until end game to win. Garnet can then win with any faction.

DDL became independent due to the death of Marmot as a result of a lottery given three deaths on night one.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also I'm so sorry Colin!!! I knew I was tunneling you and I knew I couldn't trust my judgement because of that, but I promise I had come around to seeing you in civ light as juliets said. :p thanks for putting up with it. You did great at constantly making me doubt myself.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you have any other questions let me know.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

thanks for the game MacDougall. despite how crazy it is, I think it was pretty balanced and every team had a shot at winning.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh I forgot to mention thank you to [mention]G-Man[/mention], [mention]Tranq[/mention], [mention]Typhoony[/mention], [mention]Bullzeye[/mention] and [mention]Choutas[/mention] for participating as the ghouls and also to [mention]Quin[/mention] and [mention]wolbre04[/mention] for pulling double duty as ghouls.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also thanks to any new players whose first taste of TS was this game. Please stay. This is not a true reflection of this site hahaha.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

hey [mention]Typhoony[/mention] ever died for juliets to live on? no? how's it feel down there in the #2 spot? ;) :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

who was Spooky Ghost, Mac?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Wow sig and I were lucky that DDL became independent or he may have never gotten out and I might have died or been recruited.

Mac, who was Orange, Spooky Ghost, and TDL McFresh? The ghouls were awesome. You forgot to thank Gollum, or G-Man!

linki LOL dunya!!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:07 am Turnip Head was A 20-sided die but one side is weighted just a teensy bit heavier than the others and I'm a gambler's dice and they call me Grifter's Gamble and also I'm black. Civilian. Each night you target a player. I will then roll a 20 sided die. More of than not you will receive the alignment of that player but occasionally it will be wrong.
So as you can see I mad-libbed my way into a role here for the lulz, and then ended up playing a strictly vanilla game :kadaj:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also shout out to sig who kept juliets in the game after i died tbh. he knew she was the cop and I loved all the shade he threw her way to keep her a suspect. :p
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:14 am Wow sig and I were lucky that DDL became independent or he may have never gotten out and I might have died or been recruited.

Mac, who was Orange, Spooky Ghost, and TDL McFresh? The ghouls were awesome. You forgot to thank Gollum, or G-Man!

linki LOL dunya!!
Honestly I lost track but if I am right I believe Orange was Typhoony, Spooky Ghost was Bullzeye and I was TDL McFresh. Yes when Soulkeeper and TDL McFresh were talking to each other I had two tabs open.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:16 am also shout out to sig who kept juliets in the game after i died tbh. he knew she was the cop and I loved all the shade he threw her way to keep her a suspect. :p
Lol yeah ... that's why he was throwing shade at her. :rolleyes:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:17 am
dunya wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:16 am also shout out to sig who kept juliets in the game after i died tbh. he knew she was the cop and I loved all the shade he threw her way to keep her a suspect. :p
what do you mean? he genuinely suspected her? :p
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:15 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:07 am Turnip Head was A 20-sided die but one side is weighted just a teensy bit heavier than the others and I'm a gambler's dice and they call me Grifter's Gamble and also I'm black. Civilian. Each night you target a player. I will then roll a 20 sided die. More of than not you will receive the alignment of that player but occasionally it will be wrong.
So as you can see I mad-libbed my way into a role here for the lulz, and then ended up playing a strictly vanilla game :kadaj:
Your alignment check ability functioned like a 25% percent random fail. You only randomly failed once. With nutella. Every other alignment check you scanned was accurate until you gave up after like 4.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:18 am
I will let [mention]sig[/mention] explain it but yes.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

who was the racist black chick? was that you, Mac?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I believed thats why he was throwing shade at me but he can set us straight on that.

I can't believe Orange was Typh! He did a great job! and Bullz did an outstanding job too as spooky ghost, I loved him.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:19 am who was the racist black chick? was that you, Mac?
You mean the white chick who thought she was black? That would be Wolbre.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 296

Post by sig »

Woooot great game! Good job remaining civs.

Thanks for the fun time dunya/juliets in chat
I gotta say i was kinda very pissed off that i was revanished after just coming back, buuuut I'd say that ended up being a part of civ victory so I can't bitch that much. :P

Thanks for the game Mac it was great.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:18 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:15 am
Your alignment check ability functioned like a 25% percent random fail. You only randomly failed once. With nutella. Every other alignment check you scanned was accurate until you gave up after like 4.
Yeah but after I got nutella wrong I was like, why risk it, just be cool :keys:

Thanks for the game Mac this was heaps of good fun.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Are there any things that occurred that remain unexplained?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

why did Lunalee's kill go through? if she was killed the same night. :p
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 296

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:19 am
dunya wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:18 am
I will let @sig explain it but yes.
Lol so at first it was all fake, I figured I'd put off her death, but I did become paranoid the longer juliet stayed alive and got a wee bit worried she was recruited, but I'd say a good 70% of my shade was cover.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”