U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 296

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:22 am Are there any things that occurred that remain unexplained?
Why'd my actions fail the first two nights?
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 736

Post by dunya »

did al-pieda have access to the lost souls chat, Mac?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:22 am Are there any things that occurred that remain unexplained?
I would like to know since Kyle and I fought about it whether a rescue from the chatzy by DDL was subject to the 1/3 chance recruited and 1/3 chance dying.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 177

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:25 am
Why'd my actions fail the first two nights?
You were abducted both times. The abduction took priority over everything except faction mafia kills which took priority over everything else. Which also answers Dunya's question.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Quin »

i targeted kyle night 1 because i thought he was bad lel

thanks for the win fam squad
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh and by the way, the way I signaled sig and dunya was I checked someone then posted about that person in the morning saying I thought they were bad or good and included an emoji in the post. So when they saw the emoji they knew my "opinion" was the result of a check. This was something we worked out in the chatzy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:25 am did al-pieda have access to the lost souls chat, Mac?
No.
juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:25 am
I would like to know since Kyle and I fought about it whether a rescue from the chatzy by DDL was subject to the 1/3 chance recruited and 1/3 chance dying.
It was not. It was a straight up rescue. Garnet was able to transport you directly back to safety whereas your escape meant going through the trial. Unfortunately the event never occurred to trigger anybody's escape.

The full rules of the Endless Void are as below.

At night there is a random chance that a person confined to the Chatzy of Lost Souls finds a way to escape. This starts at 5% and goes up by 5% each phase that they reside there.

If that player escapes there is a random event. In the event the player is a civilian there is a ⅓ chance they will die upon escape, a ⅓ chance they will fall in love with the Abyss and have their win con switched to the same win con as The Endless Void and a ⅓ chance they will escape freely.

In the event the player is Independent or Mafia aligned upon their escape there is a ⅔ chance they escape unimpacted. There is a ⅓ chance they kill the Endless Void on their way out, thus liberating the remaining participants there.

The Endless Void is not allowed to enter The Chatzy of Lost Souls and cannot self target.

If The Endless Void is lynched or otherwise killed, the Chatzy of Lost Souls is completely destroyed.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:29 am Oh and by the way, the way I signaled sig and dunya was I checked someone then posted about that person in the morning saying I thought they were bad or good and included an emoji in the post. So when they saw the emoji they knew my "opinion" was the result of a check. This was something we worked out in the chatzy.
genius plan. worked like a charm so I could get DDL to relay LC was scum from my BTSC with him through the rescue chat :D

also, you hit 8k posts!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ha ha ha Kyle, you see? Mac even quotes the same thing I did to prove that the rescue was separate from the escape. But I know you were throwing everything you could into the mix to show someone else was bad. You did a great job on the last day, I was seriously doubting my check of c-bob.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TH survived the entire game without being in a single BTSC which was neat.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:35 am TH survived the entire game without being in a single BTSC which was neat.
poor TH. :bighug:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TH why wouldn't you tell us who you targeted and the results?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:39 am TH why wouldn't you tell us who you targeted and the results?
I was just trying to be cool. I was alone all game and didn't wanna look too clingy :pout: :pout:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:45 am
juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:39 am TH why wouldn't you tell us who you targeted and the results?
I was just trying to be cool. I was alone all game and didn't wanna look too clingy :pout: :pout:
lolol!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:45 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:45 am
lolol!
Lol

Poor th :hugs:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Oh and I killed luna which is how i knew mafia kill her, still suprised scotty was killed and ddl wasn't.
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 517

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:09 am also I'm so sorry Colin!!! I knew I was tunneling you and I knew I couldn't trust my judgement because of that, but I promise I had come around to seeing you in civ light as juliets said. :p thanks for putting up with it. You did great at constantly making me doubt myself.
Ain’t no thing! You were right about most other people so I’ll take some heat in the meantime.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 517

Post by ColinIsCool »

Great game, everybody, and thanks to Mac for hosting and devising this madness. Some of the most fun I’ve ever had in Mafia for sure.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Easiest win ever :keys:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Thanks for the game Mac!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Epignosis »

This sure takes some of the sting out of losing to the Diamondbacks again last night.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 8

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:57 am Kylemii has been lynched.

He was Mario Party 6 for Nintendo Gamecube, Al-Pieda. Each night you can challenge a player to any video game that you can play in browser on the internet. If they send you a screenshot of themselves playing it you will receive a gift.

Al-Pieda has been eliminated.

The civilians have won.
Aw yeahhhhhh. High five [mention]juliets[/mention] you played these last few days exquisitely. And a well-played final day from [mention]Kylemii[/mention] too - I find it pretty funny I gave you a double vote 3 times this game. Whoopsie-doodle.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by speedchuck »

GG guys. Excellent game.

[mention]dunya[/mention] I feel betrayed. :(
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:29 am Oh and by the way, the way I signaled sig and dunya was I checked someone then posted about that person in the morning saying I thought they were bad or good and included an emoji in the post. So when they saw the emoji they knew my "opinion" was the result of a check. This was something we worked out in the chatzy.
The CC123 method!!
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:31 am
dunya wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:09 am also I'm so sorry Colin!!! I knew I was tunneling you and I knew I couldn't trust my judgement because of that, but I promise I had come around to seeing you in civ light as juliets said. :p thanks for putting up with it. You did great at constantly making me doubt myself.
Ain’t no thing! You were right about most other people so I’ll take some heat in the meantime.
Most but not all :noble:

[mention]dunya[/mention]
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:37 am
The CC123 method!!
Haha yes!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

game was over 2 nights ago when sloonei overrode my kill choice of Juliets and switched it to Colins for some reason :0 though it would have gone better if id killed juliets night 7 too

we fucked up a lot in endgame, civs earned this win, congrats
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:32 am Ha ha ha Kyle, you see? Mac even quotes the same thing I did to prove that the rescue was separate from the escape. But I know you were throwing everything you could into the mix to show someone else was bad. You did a great job on the last day, I was seriously doubting my check of c-bob.
yeah i knew, or.... well i didnt know but i was ignoring your logic a little cus i was desperate and cornered. speedchuck was a civ this game so i had to do whatever i could to win. my only hope was somehow getting turniphead and ddl on my side which was realistically not going to happen.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You played a sublime game [mention]Kylemii[/mention] you nearly had me at the end there.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:48 am game was over 2 nights ago when sloonei overrode my kill choice of Juliets and switched it to Colins for some reason :0 though it would have gone better if id killed juliets night 7 too

Wow really? I did wonder why you killed Colin instead of me. Maybe Sloonei can answer. I was not posting big at that time though, trying to lay low at least a little bit.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] what were your results? your roles wording made it seem like you were a straight up alignment cop that was only occasionally wrong,
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

I'm also not sure if my consistently getting to endgame as civ is because I'm good at being town but not too supatown, or because I'm bad at this so mafia never kills me.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Oh yeah also [mention]MacDougall[/mention] this game was fantastic, thank you very much for putting it on. I eagerly await vol. 2.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:58 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:48 am game was over 2 nights ago when sloonei overrode my kill choice of Juliets and switched it to Colins for some reason :0 though it would have gone better if id killed juliets night 7 too

Wow really? I did wonder why you killed Colin instead of me. Maybe Sloonei can answer. I was not posting big at that time though, trying to lay low at least a little bit.
idk i was kind of mad about it haha

i sent the kill pm without telling the team my choice and sloonei panicked near the end of day and sent a different kill in on Colin to make sure we didn't miss the night. it was my fault.

though i wasn't killing you cus of the cop thing, I completely forgot about that, you were just a really unlikely mislynch and sig seemed like he was more likely to be protected cus of his jack of all trades fakeclaim that included a protection.

i knew i was fucked but i had to do my best to win anyways. i did my best, i have no regrets.

congrats [mention]speedchuck[/mention]
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:05 am Oh yeah also @MacDougall this game was fantastic, thank you very much for putting it on. I eagerly await vol. 2.
seconded. i will definitely sign up for volume 2, I already know what my role name will be
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:10 am
juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:58 am

idk i was kind of mad about it haha

i sent the kill pm without telling the team my choice and sloonei panicked near the end of day and sent a different kill in on Colin to make sure we didn't miss the night. it was my fault.

though i wasn't killing you cus of the cop thing, I completely forgot about that, you were just a really unlikely mislynch and sig seemed like he was more likely to be protected cus of his jack of all trades fakeclaim that included a protection.

i knew i was fucked but i had to do my best to win anyways. i did my best, i have no regrets.

congrats @speedchuck
You did an absolutely great job Kyle. Your Long Con stuff earlier in the game had me convinced until I did those two checks on C-bob and Turnip Head. And as I said, you still had me second guessing myself at the end.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] Why did you abduct us?
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:00 am @Turnip Head what were your results? your roles wording made it seem like you were a straight up alignment cop that was only occasionally wrong,
The only ones I remember were nutella scum, Scotty scum and dunya town. I didn't know the margin of error so after nutella's flip I decided it was going to affect my reads too much.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:23 am @Long Con Why did you abduct us?
Took juliets because I believed there was a chance we could recruit her. Don't really remember the rest that clearly. People I thought were Civ.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

you took sig cus you thought it would be funny to abduct him after he had just escaped the cave :p
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm flattered that you wanted to recruit me

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:57 am you took sig cus you thought it would be funny to abduct him after he had just escaped the cave :p
Oh yeah!! It was funny, too!

I remember Mac saying it was the best move, I wanna know what he meant.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:59 am I'm flattered that you wanted to recruit me
Always.

I can't believe you survived that entire game after my pre-mortem announcement. Truly boggles my mind. I'm pretty used to no one really listening to me, but this situation was a different perspective on the old trope.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:59 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:57 am you took sig cus you thought it would be funny to abduct him after he had just escaped the cave :p
Oh yeah!! It was funny, too!

I remember Mac saying it was the best move, I wanna know what he meant.
Jerk ;(
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] why didn't you vote in the last vote? It really had me worried because I was afraid if Kyle was civ we wouldn't be able to count on you to vote with us on the last day. you really kept me guessing. Thanks so much for rescuing me though!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:36 am GG guys. Excellent game.

@dunya I feel betrayed. :(
sorry, but I'm pretty sure I would have betrayed anyone except juliets. :p since it was juliets...I didn't care much about my win con.
Zephyrus
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Zephyrus »

Thanks for hosting this game - it was very fun. :p
It was a shame that more people didn't join the sex cave and meet King Kong/the sex cryptid, but oh well.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:15 am

sorry, but I'm pretty sure I would have betrayed anyone except juliets. :p since it was juliets...I didn't care much about my win con.
We need a heart emoji on here for me to use!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:28 am
dunya wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:15 am

We need a heart emoji on here for me to use!
:pout:

Luckily I have the right emoji for this situation.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lol speed! enjoyed having bts with you!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”