Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia [THE END]

Moderator: Community Team

Season 2?

Courage 2024: Naugthy Mafia Edition (Yes)
100%
Not getting out of this chair (No)
No votes
Blablabla when's Outpost starting (Pass)
No votes

Total votes: 10
Fractal
The Mark
Posts in topic: 270

Re: Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia [THE END]

Post by Fractal »

nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:07 pm What was complicated was I was so pleased I targeted Vomps, a human character, so early, so I was ready to survive. It always takes people far too long to do anything to him, and then the lynch got turned on him suddenly. Sorry for melting you, Kyle - I needed your delicious hooman genes to survive!
yeeeeah, i kind of forgot about that and decided to suddenly CFD him on impulse. LOL
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Good game everyone, this was fun. Thanks for hosting [mention]Ricochet[/mention]!
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 240

Post by sig »

Golden wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:32 pm Also sig, phenomenal indy game, I never saw you coming as Ramses. I was convinced it wasn't you, in fact.
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:07 pm What was complicated was I was so pleased I targeted Vomps, a human character, so early, so I was ready to survive. It always takes people far too long to do anything to him, and then the lynch got turned on him suddenly. Sorry for melting you, Kyle - I needed your delicious hooman genes to survive!
wait so if i'd read the rules and done a challenge you would have died instead????h
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 81
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Mafia WHY DID YOU KILL ME NIGHT 2? I was no threat to anyone. I was very sad.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:53 pm Mafia WHY DID YOU KILL ME NIGHT 2? I was no threat to anyone. I was very sad.
It was my idea. Sorry juliets.

You are always a threat to all :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:54 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:53 pm Mafia WHY DID YOU KILL ME NIGHT 2? I was no threat to anyone. I was very sad.

Awww dang you Golden but thats ok I guess.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:55 pm

You got my role in retrocausality as compensation :p
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:58 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:55 pm

You got my role in retrocausality as compensation :p
Oh true!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:23 pm 2 things:

1. NEVER EVER EVER let me be the supertown. If I am town, I will suck. If I am mafia, I will purposefully suck.

2. Geez these last two days Turnip had everything en pointe. Why both of these lynches went awry after spending the entire day on scum is beyond me. Golden was becoming more and more slippery with words, Fractal had already shown his colors, and Niju... still was the same.
Hindsight is a curse.

linki: 3. Of course I was the doctor. Otherwise I wouldn't have been trying to aggro the kill every other phase. What took you guys so long?
I really needed you at the end there. You were like my interpreter this game.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 303

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:13 pm I really needed you at the end there. You were like my interpreter this game.
Happy to be of service! If only I had listened to you. :wall:

Next time, you do the hunting, and I'll blindly follow you and use my supahtown wit to make us unkillable.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 329

Post by ColinIsCool »

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to read Turnip Head as scum. The day he is will be a rude awakening for me
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Dom »

Good game guys. Golden had me duped. :/
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: [DAY 7] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:33 pm Yeah I think sig and Golden are the baddos. I'll switch my vote to either of them.

@nijuukyugou @Dom @Marmot
Sorry bro I was helping a friend move. But I thought fractal was bad af.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Thank you for fun, Ricochet! :)
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:41 pm
wait so if i'd read the rules and done a challenge you would have died instead????h
If you received a cure, then yes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

bruh
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I found the slab on the Day 0 poll and thought it belonged to Long Con. I tried to hint to him in the thread that I had it cuz I was hoping to get like recruited or whatever but he didn't seem to catch on. So I dropped the slab
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 161

Post by nutella »

Uggghhhhhh gj scum
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Ricochet »

My sprawling diary notes throughout most of the game. Day 7 was a matter of sig not entering his forced vote, which he didn't do, hence game over. Turnip would have lost the coin toss vs Fractal, anyhow.

~ Day 0 was created to determine who gets hold of the Slab and who also receives coins (3 in total, useful if trading with Shirley). Turnip Head received the Slab, while juliets, lapluie and Scotty received coins. King sig was just two spots apart from the Slab slot, even though, of course, he would not have been able to instantly receive his Slab. Everyone else in the poll received some of Muriel's cooking, which amounted to nothing.

Day 1

~ slow start. King sig launches a WIFOM gambit with mixed results in terms of getting attention on him. I mean, I always make the players do something at the start of a game (Esbjorn, Triskaidekaphobia), but interesting how players use that to push for a first hunt narrative.
~ nijuu's answer to the meta inquiry satisfies King sig, but gets an eyeball out of Lunalee. King sig "bros" with the Slab owner (Turnip Head) lol.
~ Self-votes and other votes thrown early for close to little reason. Lunalee weirdly jumps on board the "randomization" gimmick, despite having come up with better pokes thus far.
~ Fractal gets good points for early activity and opinions.
~ something something didn't follow all that much during the evening. nijuu susstrain dies, lapluie wagoned for low activity, Dom wagoned for weaksuss (+ Scotty's misconception that he would be Ramses)
~ a lot of EoD swapping, lapluie's wagon dies out, nutella one created out of the blue (and with little substance). Ultimately, Dom loses the toss coin and his shot at a special wingrab by being lynched.

Night 1

~ lol my reputation has gone so far down the drain that players actively think I created sock accounts just so I can mess around with them myself
(~ ...I mean, they're half right, but still)
~ my involvement in managing the Ramses curse (recommending IDM music to sig, bringing my own free jazz ideas, etc.) is creating some imbalance as far as total impartiality goes, nevertheless interesting attempts to use the music list both as WIFOM weapon ("I'd never say I like this music") and townleaning on the victims (not the case or at least of no official relevancy). Curious if the fact that I didn't add sig to his own lists (for potential self-targeting / smokescreen) will become a detriment to Ramses being identified, but so far I doubt we're even close to that stage
~ nijuu got spooked in BTSC that, since three of the four mafia were marked by it, the music curse was a "Canuck" maneuver to draw baddies out in the open; fortunately, even without me being asked to clarify, she figured out some civilians (DDL) were also marked

~ Full list of actions:
Scotty protected Muriel (juliets). Accuracy at 80%, went through, though proved unnecessary
juliets blocked nutella
nutella rolechecked speedchuck. Accuracy at 80%, would have been a true read, but juliets smacked it away.
speedchuck protected King sig
insertnamehere tracked Marmot and searched Long Con for the Slab. Came out empty handed, but became a Floyd potential victim.
Colin chose the "Freaky Fred" treatment and "power boost" as a reward, but only nutella signed up for the challenge
Lunalee would have redirected anything targeting INH to Marmot, but was blocked by Fractal

nova killed Dragon D. Luffy as a parting gesture
Fractal blocked Lunalee
nijuu locked on to a human (Vompatti)

Floyd victims pool: Turnip Head [ineligible, since protected by the Slab] (for voting D1) and INH (for targeting Night 1)

Day 2

~ Long Con seems to still think that reactions to Ramses videos (the locust one) are required, which is just too damn funny, bless him
~ scrappy recap, mostly because I've been quite busy myself; Scotty's search for Ramses (Dom D1) continues to be way off, in his belief that Ramses might have faked the music curse himself; meanwhile, King sig doing his best to poke at others; the fact that Ramses' activity and curses identify so much with myself risks going off rails (people PoE'ing down to SAW listeners for instance), but the minute after it seems to go nowhere, so dunno
~ Kyle's reads are pretty much centered on civilians, but he also isn't reading a lot of villains either, except Fractal
~ nutella again taking heat for fringe reads and for scouts-honor-townclaiming too hard; Long Con wagon builds based on his low activity
~ good townreads (of various degree) from speedchuck, except of course on nutella; later also gets lapluie wrong; Colin returns with only one scum read on Long Con, no wait, Golden too, out of very little in fact, nice
~ King sig ultimately seems to have missed out on Turnip's blatant N1 come-at-me-bro taunt and picks nijuu for a locust attack. She would have survived the kill attempt anyway, yet the attack falls on the "fail" half side.
~ wait, Lunalee switched from Long Con why; later she seem to take her foot off the pedal due to hunting inactives misgivings; heavily prompts the Mafia team to coattail her good reads
~ Vompatti is just beyond hope
~ Fractal is setting his LCbus fairly smoothly, methinks; mafia savewagon on nutella rather laying it thick otherwise
~ Busman award goes in the end to Golden. nutella would have otherwise lost the toin coss, in case of a draw (or even ended up ahead with Kyle's late vote)

~ Actions:
King sig launches a kill attempt on nijuu. She does not possess the Slab and the attack fails.
Turnip Head [ineligible, since protected by the Slab] and INH remain potential victims of Floyd's ticking bomb

Night 2

~ Rollercoaster of a Night [could have been even crazier, see nutella - Golden dynamic]:
Scotty blocks King sig, delaying his new sequence of plagues; quite an unknowingly fitting confrontation, given that it's Courage fighting against Ramses
juliets blocks Colin, effectively blocking the challenge set for Day 1 (for which nutella and King sig had signed up); inadvertedly also turns up further messing with nutella's activity, on which juliets seems set to distrust
Night 2 could have been a stunning development in the civs vs mafia fight, as nutella first asked to check Golden - and her check would have been 100% accurate - after which Golden pondered in BTSC whether to use his power steal instead of killing and to target... on nutella! Then, however, nutella switched her target to Turnip Head and Golden resorted to kill
Turnip Head relinquished the Slab and targeted nijuukyugou, who will get insanified
speed opted to protect himself, except Luna then chose to redirect anything targeting speed towards INH

Golden killed juliets
Fractal targeted speedchuck, which got redirected to INH being forced to vote for Golden
nijuu targeted Scotty, not human

Turnip Head now eligible to die from Marmot's asplosion
Vompatti doesn't seem to mind dying, made no attempt to sign up for the cure contest
lapluie randed to receive the Slab [since King sig was blocked from initiating a new sequence of plagues, all players were randed to receive the Slab]

Day 3

~ Colin draws heat for post LC lynch messy posts. speedchuck generates a fairly promising PoE, with just Golden sneaking in among civilian townreads.
~ utterly lazy lynch Day, that had even the mafia whistling along to get a free lynch, that almost killed Colin, until Fractal pushes for a counterwagon/CFD on Vompatti - which, bafflingly, ruined nijuu's survival one Day shy from accomplishment

Night 3

~ Colin's nighttime ISO'ing gets a T and A for effort, meaning Towny, but also Awry

Actions:
~ Scotty made himself untargetable, with 75% odds, succeeded.
~ nutella searched Colin, but Luna redirected that to Golden. Accuracy at 80%, would have gotten a real read, but Fractal managed to block her
~ speedchuck protected Fractal
~ INH opted to track Scotty, who is untargetable, and to search King sig for the Slab, which doesn't even make sense as a choice, since sig's name was not on the flood group intel INH received
~ Colin's third attempt at a challenge (Freaky Fred theme again, with power boost set as prize) finally kicks off [no, Lunalee's redirect does not apply, since the contestants didn't target Colin specifically, they reached out to the "Computer" role]; nutella, Scotty and King sig all allowed to participate (exception from the two-candidate rule)
~ Lunalee redirected all targeting on Colin towards Golden. Would have been a major event, if not for Fractal's crucial block.

Golden killed Lunalee
Fractal blocked nutella
nijuu successfully targets Kylemii, can now survive if Kyle melts Day 6

Going into Day 4, Turnip Head and INH remain Marmot's bomb victims.

Day 4

~ The Naughty challenge turned out pretty darn awesome.
~ No notes taken in real time, but ultimately a bad town vs town EoD situation for the civs and they lynch their third protagonist. The only favourable scenario would have been for nijuu's survival to be used (and then nutella would have known it can't be Shirley). Scotty hinted under pressure, but then couldn't make it back in time to move his vote and save himself, odd.
~ To be noted that Turnip Head, in the midst of picking up the pace, had an amazing early, out of the blue, gut call bark on Fractal.

Night 4

~ Post Courage disaster, town people still seem to suspect one another. Meanwhile, the Mafia are preparing a semi-coup de grace.

Actions:
Naughtylla won the challenge, got a power used and boosted her read accuracy (from 60% to 80%). Excellent pick on nijuu, but unfortunately she seems finally destined to be eliminated.
speedchuck goes back to protecting himself - decent move, since he was on the mafia's shortlist, unfortunately not the right call toNight.
Colin will issue the "DrWilgy" licking challenge, with again a power up for a prize. Only speed signed up.
Turnip targets and thus insanifies Golden

Golden to kill nutella.
Fractal forgets to send his (vote force) action
nijuu checks Turnip Head without getting an extra human target

Day 5

~ another free, town-v-town lynch; so easy, that Fractal even openly clears nijuu as "pure as snow" without anyone even picking up on the slip
~ Kyle's vote on Marmot pushes his bomb timer at 2 cycles, even though it's probably too late in the game for it to matter anymore

Night 5

~ Colin suddenly names all three mafiosos in one ISO go
~ Golden and Fractal do an incredible amount of role conjecturing and tactical nightmoves backstage, basically pinning correctly players such as speedchuck or Dom, even if not quite sure who to tag as Ramses between sig or TH (avoiding them nonetheless with the kill)

Actions:
speedchuck protects Kylemii, which is both the last person the mafia would want to get rid of and speed gets blocked and killed, anyway
Colin re-upped the Wilgy challenge and yet again not enough customers.
Turnip uses a NK save on himself, of no purpose for the night, and becomes lynchable in the process

Golden and Fractal kill and block speedchuck respectively

King sig still quite not perceptive enough to figure that the Slab might have stayed in someone's possession for some time now. Out of the three names received, happens to pick the one player different from the previous shortlist (Fractal), instead of the two recurrent ones. Sad!

Day 6

For 23 hours and 30 minutes, Fractal was a goner and town would have had its shot at turning things around. Then Marmot and Kyle started switching votes and breaking the main wagon. GG. Colin was doomed as soon as Kyle switched on him and King sig was nowhere around to even vote, let alone reconsider his stance on Colin being bad. Didn't help either that Dom was also absent, with his vote being the only swing one remaining.

Night 6

Game is 99% over, except that two actions need to be submitted (by the mafia) and processed, in order for that to happen, plus even perhaps then Day 7 will need to unfold:
A. Golden to kill a target that's not bulletproof
B. Fractal to send a vote force

If A occurs, game concludes.
If A doesn't occur (kill fails on a bulletproof player - Dom or King sig), but Fractal does force a vote, the forced voter would then need to abstain on Day 7 and the lynch would have to end up a toss coin and swing on mafia - both variables for which I cannot call it game over beforehand, nevertheless quite the long shot.

Actions:
Turnip targeted and insanified King sig.

Golden targets Dom, so the kill fails, due to the Slab's protection
Fractal, however, forces King sig's vote on Turnip.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dumping the other video material I had prepared, in case certain lynches would have ended differently.

If nutella would have died D2 (and she would have lost the tie with Long Con fwiw):

If Fractal would have gotten caught D6:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Finally, few Host comments at length:

• This game had a lot more in store than what surfaced, its big idea, inspired from the cartoon, being for weird, absurd even things to occur at all time. Vote manipulations were a serious possibility, yet every lynch went smoothly. Lynch and kill fails were on the table (due to survivals, protections, blocks, etc), yet all phases ended up with a clean victim, save for Night 6 (which didn't matter much, simply extending the endgame). Insanifications and posting challenges could have flown around a lot, but Shirley didn't target that much, Ramses's plagues boiled down to just music cues every three phases and people didn't sign up for Computer's challenges. Them's the breaks.

• From a creative perspective, I feel that I somewhat left this game in a half-assed state. This was created years ago and I sort of reheated it now, when its time finally arrived, adding a few more touches, but without truly fine tuning it. I also made a few derps along the way, once the game started, like due to having had in mind two different interpretations for certain roles, yet having written (or left written) just one. A few glaring examples I could think of on the spot:

• On Night 1, I derped with Luna's role and told her she could also choose the second target for her redirecting, instead of it being randomized. Had to roll with this version afterwards, of course.
  • Floyd needed to cumulate votes/actions in order to blow up, yet on Day 1 I informed Marmot that he became a ticking bomb and would blow up end of Day 4. I set this right on Day 4, reverting to the original interpretation of the role. I thank Marmot once again for his understanding.
  • I had in mind for Ramses to be an odd-phase 3P killer, but then realized I had worded this poorly in his role description, making it possible for him only to target with a kill the owner of the Slab or the past owner of it (the 50% kill), should Ramses have guessed correctly (which, in itself, was always meant to be a difficult task). So I had to stick with Ramses being a somewhat blander, less threatening force. And even so, out of his choices, a D2 kill on nijuu would have failed (her own survival not-even-withstanding), a D4 kill on nutella would have succeeded and afterwards I didn't even roll the dice anymore.
  • I probably could have done more in terms of Ramses' plagues having an impact in the game, instead of just jukebox shenanigans. Maybe have the flood victims post in blue, maybe have the final candidates insanified during the Locusts stage, I dunno. But all these thoughts for improvement came in hindsight, whilst the game had started, so, again, had to leave it at that.
  • Courage's Parents assuming Courage's identity was likely a remnant of a first draft, in which Courage dying was the only winning requirement for mafia - I scraped that once realizing it would be rather mad for the game to require basically just three deaths (lynches or kills) in order to conclude. So in retrospect I don't think the Parents' "seeming" ability had any practicality left.
  • If civs would have pulled it off, considering they still had a shot at winning collectively (since Dom was the last protagonist left and had the Slab to protect him from all things except Ramses), I figure Muriel's Extra Wincon would have been needlessly cruel, as she did lose both Courage and Eustace and rather quickly, too.

• With regards to using the Ramses sock account, I want to acknowledge that I did step a few minor boundaries. The idea of guessing Ramses' identity based on timing was likely perturbed, since I had agreed to cover sig's afk/sleep periods. There were also attempts to narrow the list based on the music choices or which players had been/were SAW contributors, which might have painted a target on other players. Anyway, this was not a fully impartial use of the role and the account and I admit some personal affinity for the character that drew me in to mess around with it myself. On the other hand, I do want to stress that, apart from posting those benign catchphrases, I did ask of sig to give me specific posting cues at all times, so I'd say my interference level remained low overall. I apologize in advance to anyone who would raise objections to how this was handled.

• I think it was already addressed how cursed players did not seek out help or proved indifferent / ignorant of such options, so don't have much to add there. Computer was designed as a healer, but required people to come forth and take up on a challenge. Cursed players would have even had priority over reward-seekers, so, really, this wasn't that hard of a process for the afflicted. Can't say I expected too much from Vompatti, but Kyle not paying any attention (or missing the cues, including soft ones from me) made it far too easy for Snow(o)man to accomplish her goals. Ironically, nijuu was one Day shy from completion with Vompatti, until Fractal derped and lead a successful lynch switch on her subject.

• I will express some disappointment over how little of Computer's role and those flavored challenges were quantified - not just from the perspective of all that game design now gone down the drain (which can sometimes prove inevitable), but also because it begs the question: if players won't do it freely, is coercing them (via targets / curses) the preferable solution? The Naughty challenge unfolded brilliantly, but there could have been so much more fun with the other formats as well. I opted to integrate the challenges (and their thematic flavor) into Computer's role, instead of, say, creating Night Polls. I didn't wish the players to feel compelled (or cursed) with performing in challenges, yet to still see the potential in gaining an extra bonus (not to mention getting healed, if necessary, see above). Anyway, my sole gripe would be that players reacted passively when the task was not mandatory. It was a general "meh" I sensed from everyone, save for a few. Don't know if there's a moral to this, but I don't think I'll create again roles requiring volunteering in the future.

• Onto actual gameplay, even though the stats show civilians having consistently screwed the pooch (even more so, if you consider that the one wolf lynch, Long Con, was a result of Golden maneuvering a cold bus move for cred), I would say that there was a core of four-five civilians (Colin, speedchuck, Lunalee, nutella, surely juliets had she survived long enough) who put a solid hunting performance. Add in Turnip suddenly having had great gut calls or Colin ISO'ing the entire mafia trio in one go and, with a bit less waffling or vote moodswinging, the mafia could have faced a much tougher challenge. Civs clearly lost the game on Day 6, but up to that point, it could have still gone down the wire, even towards a 2 vs 1 endgame.

• Even more solid was the night game, from key players on both side, if you look at the chart closely. nutella's reads were on wolves twice (potentially thrice) throughout four phases; even Luna's redirects could have impacted the civs' reads positively (Night 3) - but all these proved equally well countered by the opposing team. Night 2 could have been quite the spectacle, since nutella initially wanted to check Golden and Golden initially wanted to steal nutella's power; even one of them going forward with it would have definitely shifted the balance of the hunt in one side's favor. Fractal's Night 3 block also saved the mafia (and made up for killing nijuu's human subject lol). As for Scotty's or speed's protections, I'd say they merely missed the right timing to make any impact (Scotty protected Muriel a Night too early and speed protected himself too prematurely as well) - can happen, c'est la vie, nevertheless I still think they made serious night action moves overall.

• When it comes to what happened on Day 6, though, however impartial and understanding I should try to be, I can only say that Fractal was a dead wolf for 23 hours and 30 minutes, until two civilians - rather inactive themselves throughout that phase - came in and said "hey, let's mix it up, a single wagon is boring" (paraphrasing, of course). The rest, then, had disaster written all over, since Fractal had been given space to wiggle out. I'm sorry, but whenever I might hear that familiar "civilians are a team" tune again, I'll point out to this game's Day 6 EoD as counterexample.

• Epignosis's old adage that "rolehinting may in fact get your further in trouble" (paraphrasing, of course) seems to have held up in this game. Nutella rolehinted under lynch pressure and then most of her night checks got affected. Kylemii probably didn't hint, but wasn't subtle with his news bulletin format either. Scotty started barking under lynch pressure and then didn't make it back online during the last 20 minutes to safely save himself from the lynch tiebreak. Bummerz.

• It would be overstating the obvious to point out Golden's dangerous skill at picking up hints, guessing roles, profiling his victims and thus converting all that into strong kills or targeting or point out nijuu's ability to coast as a low-poster, when mafia, so my shout out would go to Fractal for a well executed and earned mafia (and mafioso) debut on this site. Strong hunt mode / townsheeping during early phases and pulled off surviving his own lynch in an impressive way. Not perfect in all details (but when is it ever?), such as having almost blown a teammate's survival chances - plus at one point he even outed nijuu by townreading her as "pure as SNOW", which was hysterical - or having grown suspicious by the hour, still... a very fine performance overall, great way to score a first win (reminds me of another debutant, back a few years ago... *nostalgic tear*).
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Damn, it sounds like this game was a lot closer than it sometimes looked. Sounds like everybody played really well XD
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh lol I forgot that I almost checked golden and changed my mind
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks Rico for your recap of what went right and what went wrong. Thank you for being such a good host, your polls were awesome, your EOD was at a reasonable hour, and you were always on time with the posts.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I never even noticed Nutella role-hinting. I was just that sure she was town.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:20 am Damn, it sounds like this game was a lot closer than it sometimes looked. Sounds like everybody played really well XD
Your random votes for me throughout the game almost caused you to blow up. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:27 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:20 am Damn, it sounds like this game was a lot closer than it sometimes looked. Sounds like everybody played really well XD
Your random votes for me throughout the game almost caused you to blow up. :beer:
T'would have been a worthy death tbh
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:21 am Oh lol I forgot that I almost checked golden and changed my mind
I saw that this would be coming in the very near future.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Barely played this, but good game.

I tried hard to save lapluie who was my BTSC teammate on day 1. Turns out all three competing wagons were civs. Oh well.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Why was I killed on n1 btw?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:42 am I never even noticed Nutella role-hinting. I was just that sure she was town.
God it killed me that nobody except the mafia seemed to pick up that I was 100% confirming TH as town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:22 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:42 am I never even noticed Nutella role-hinting. I was just that sure she was town.
God it killed me that nobody except the mafia seemed to pick up that I was 100% confirming TH as town
:disappoint: I was thinking Turnip Head was the cop when he started suddenly suspecting Fractal.

Then he said 50% and I was like :shrug:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:03 pm Why was I killed on n1 btw?
I don't know that, but I know we tried to kill dom because you tried to save Lapluie :p
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Barely remember myself, tbh, but I think it was a sort of safe pick - nothing to trace back to D1 convo sort of thing.

Once Golden subbed, it switched to slaying supatowns and power roles.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Celeste »

ABADA BADADAH BADADABDABADA AWOOOOOO

Password changed to default, yeh?
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 53
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Reetuuurn the slaaaab...
Same.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dunya »

did Lizzy win?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Rico, I understand the pain of having so much content and only a fraction of it seeing the light of day. I often have so many things that ‘could’ occur that don’t. The bright side is you can recycle.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Yeh?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Epignosis »

Nah.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 26
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I think that was my call, because I feared your skills.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Long Con wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:09 pm
I think that was my call, because I feared your skills.
Wow, nobody ever told me that. At least not in this site.

:beer:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Cool banner Rico
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:58 pmNah.
If it needs adjustments, I can let the official team do it, but this would be the concept I had in mind.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 26
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

It's amazing. What did you use to make it?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Glue and paper? :grin:

I converted the show video fragment into frames (I don't have a Mac, hence don't have Final Pro, hence Sony Vegas) and then gif'd the frames with GIMP. The title logo was available and I just added some title animations. So I manage these in pretty pedestrian ways.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Alright then, think that's about it, but if you have any other questions, thoughts or complaints, I'll be around another day or two before departing.

Thanks again for playing, everyone. Thanks to Golden and Dom for subbing. Thanks to Epignosis for modding.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dunya »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:53 pm Alright then, think that's about it, but if you have any other questions, thoughts or complaints, I'll be around another day or two before departing.

Thanks again for playing, everyone. Thanks to Golden and Dom for subbing. Thanks to Epignosis for modding.
where ya departing to?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

departing?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”