Two-Headed Monster Mafia [GAME OVER MAN]

Poll deadline is at 7pm EST on Thursday (refer to countdown clock)

ColinIsSpeed
7%
GalacticMac
13%
The Dry Flood
No votes
LyLo nerves (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 15
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 162

Re: Two-Headed Monster Mafia [Day 5]

Post by The Dry Flood »

A reason that ColinOnSpeed is mafia: their relative lack of suspicion against Golden lately in the game.

Today is LYLO, and despite having made 15 posts thus far, including several lengthy ones, they've been geared towards answering questions from Golden, and... that's it.

GMac and Colinspeed have an equal number of posts voicing any potential suspicion of Dry Flood.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

The Dry Flood wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:17 pm My one qualm with GMac being mafia, why do they kill fratyo last night?
Frat did spend the first two days trying to lynch GM.
Golden
Marmot
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

I am sorry for the absence I had a brutally stacked day and it seems Spacedaisy has been occupied and now it's 9pm and I'm ready for bed and I will miss EOD so this is probably it for us unless Daisy comes back.

Every part of me wants to vote for Dry Flood. My tinfoil is raging. The last minute attempt to CFD us at MYLO was the scummiest play in the game. Comes out proclaiming Fratyo as obvtown who then dies. Somehow has been the dominant voice in the game and yet survives every kill to the final three.

But the pinginess of the Colin/Speedchuck Hydra is overwhelming. All about self defense, no attack on Golden, just a whole fuckload of wifom defense and trying to skate by without even excercising a lick of tinfoil?

I'm voting Colin/Speedchuck. Daisy may disagree but that's where I'm left. Sorry I couldn't contribute more to whichever of you are town and sorry if I'm wrong Colin and Speedchuck.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Celeste »

The Dry Flood wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:30 pm A reason that ColinOnSpeed is mafia: their relative lack of suspicion against Golden lately in the game.

Today is LYLO, and despite having made 15 posts thus far, including several lengthy ones, they've been geared towards answering questions from Golden, and... that's it.

GMac and Colinspeed have an equal number of posts voicing any potential suspicion of Dry Flood.
If Dry Flood is bad, that means they have needlessly extended the game to three consecutive LYLOs, first bussing their teammate entirely and then not seizing on the chance to mislynch us when our back is fused to the wall. I’m willing to accept at this point that Dry Flood is not scum, and if they are, I’m voting Golden in every single game from here on out until he’s dead.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Aye, if Dry Flood was scum the game would have been over by now. Either that or they are really sadistic, extending the game for a week for their own pleasure.

In response to stuff, I know Luna pretty well. I didn't see the early stuff as towntells or scumtells for her. But around the time of that lynch, I started seeing them, and I hopped the vote to whatever Colin was thinking. The Nutella ninja-slip helped too. (Sorry I didn't trust your ninja slip, I'm paranoid after courage)

I never had a strong scumread on Lunatella in the first place, just general wariness. Colin turned that into a vote.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

I'm switching our vote back to Galactic Mac. Voting me is a dumb move at this stage.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Galactic Mac wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:03 am I am sorry for the absence I had a brutally stacked day and it seems Spacedaisy has been occupied and now it's 9pm and I'm ready for bed and I will miss EOD so this is probably it for us unless Daisy comes back.

Every part of me wants to vote for Dry Flood. My tinfoil is raging. The last minute attempt to CFD us at MYLO was the scummiest play in the game. Comes out proclaiming Fratyo as obvtown who then dies. Somehow has been the dominant voice in the game and yet survives every kill to the final three.

But the pinginess of the Colin/Speedchuck Hydra is overwhelming. All about self defense, no attack on Golden, just a whole fuckload of wifom defense and trying to skate by without even excercising a lick of tinfoil?

I'm voting Colin/Speedchuck. Daisy may disagree but that's where I'm left. Sorry I couldn't contribute more to whichever of you are town and sorry if I'm wrong Colin and Speedchuck.
It isn't self-defense, they were just responding to my questions, which weren't necessarily accusations.
Golden
Marmot
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

If you have any more questions, ank them early. I'll probably be in a tourist trap around deadline, mesmerized by fudge and lights and needless expenses.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

I’m happy with where we are at. I’ll leave the vote where marmot put it back. Busy or not, town daisy would have made some effort to turn up at lylo I believe.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

I still have a healthy dose of feeling like it could be colinisspeed, but if it is their victory is earned in the circumstances.
Golden
Marmot
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 42
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey gang. I will likely be pulled away at the deadline. I have arranged for juliets to copy the poll at when the countdown clock strikes 00:00. I will be back to reveal the result as soon as possible.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:02 am Countdown clock
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 18

Post by MacDougall »

How dumb. Well played Mafia guy. Later.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Any last words, colinisspeed?
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

I find Daisy's general non-engagement at lylo to be quite persuasive. I feel as though town Daisy, as busy as she is, would have done something, anything, that would help her convince me she was town, even if it was just a brief check in. I think she'd try.
Galactic Mac wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:03 am I am sorry for the absence I had a brutally stacked day and it seems Spacedaisy has been occupied and now it's 9pm and I'm ready for bed and I will miss EOD so this is probably it for us unless Daisy comes back.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:15 pm How dumb. Well played Mafia guy. Later.
These posts do nothing to move my needle at all.

'Every part of Mac' makes him want to vote me... quite possibly true, while not being town-minded at all. It doesn't say he thinks I'm bad. He says my move was the scummiest thing in the game, and yet it only is doing the exact same thing that's happening a phase later anyway. If bad, there was no real risk to me patiently waiting and doing it anyway. It's one of those things that is easy to say is a 'scummy play', because of it's appearance.

"Proclaims Fratyo as obvtown who then dies". True, but not scummy. Just a nice device with which to frame me.

"Somehow has been the dominant voice in the game yet survives every vote till the final three". Just complete tripe. So, it turns out 99% of the marmot posts on day 1 were actually me roleplaying as marmot, but still I was not dominant on day one or day two. In each case I did try and do a save late... that should be evidence I wasn't controlling anything though. Also, I was defending Galactic Mac all that time. Why would GM kill me? When I started being the dominant player on day three and successfully lynched Cuphead... I came out strong against Colin. Why would GM kill me? This particular statement is utterly disingenuous as it pretends GM didn't have reasons to keep me alive.

And of course, despite all of that... there's a vote for Colin. Because the whole thing is a hope that Colin might tinfoil me, but a recognition that the likely path to survival is to convince me to vote colin. It lacks the indight of someone hunting, and instead demonstrates the mindset of someone who is happy for either of the other two to go, provided it isn't him.

As for that last post.... no suggestion at all that the outcome is wrong. Could be interpreted as a self-clap on the back :p Of course it would be dumb to lose at this point.

If Colin and Speed are bad, they've done a great number on me. I've had good success reading colin so far and I've caught deepscum speed before too. This game feels different. If it's because they've played together in a sock and it's modified each of their individual approaches, then just well played across the board. I can live with losing to them. There are things there I don't like... I don't feel secure at all... but in the end I feel like it is more tinfoil than reality with them. There's a lot of signs that they are town, even if there's no silver bullet that makes me sure of it.

Anyway, well played everyone. It's fun to make it to three person LYLO and be the swing vote... that hasn't happened in ages. Sorry if I'm wrong, but then if I am, I think without me we still lost at final six anyway. I've done the best I can!

And thank you dunya for your one day effort. It contributed a lot to my final analysis.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

The Dry Flood wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:49 pm I find Daisy's general non-engagement at lylo to be quite persuasive. I feel as though town Daisy, as busy as she is, would have done something, anything, that would help her convince me she was town, even if it was just a brief check in. I think she'd try.
Agreed.
Golden
Marmot
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 9

Post by ColinIsCool »

The Dry Flood wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:34 pm Any last words, colinisspeed?
Nah
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Oops! Almost went the whole game too.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:55 pm Oops! Almost went the whole game too.
:confused:
Golden
Marmot
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

The Dry Flood wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:57 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:55 pm Oops! Almost went the whole game too.
:confused:
Posting on my real account
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

At least in a hydra game sockslipping doesn't reveal anything people don't already know.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

OH haha, I didn't even notice.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Funny that you did it in order to tell me you weren't going to say anything, though :p
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

And there we have it. The game has ended. Now we just need to wait for Jay to come back.
Golden
Marmot
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Who wins?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Poll deadline is at 7pm EST on Thursday (refer to countdown clock)

Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

You may select 1 option

ColinIsSpeed
7%
Voters: Galactic Mac
GalacticMac
13%
Voters: ColinIsSpeed, The Dry Flood
The Dry Flood
No votes
Voters: None
LyLo nerves (host/dead/non)
80%
Voters: Marmot, Fractal, Kylemii, juliets, JaggedJimmyJay, Sloonei, M Plus 7, Fratyo, sprityo, dunya, Turnip Head, Golden
Total votes: 15
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok theres the final vote. Now to wait for Jay.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

It's not even 7 pm EST yet, how is this the final vote. this is really bad y'all.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

No no no, this is bad. God I'm sorry civs. I've been so wrapped up in driving between Cincinnati and Lima and seeing my family that I've really just lost track of this and clearly I've lost us the game.

Golden, I can't believe you voted me!

First off, I would enver kill MP, I would pocket him.

Secondly, I wouldhave killed YOU if I were bad. You know me and the way I think pretty well. If I were bad, you would've been a threat!
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Oh geez, my computer is still in central time zone. Shit, I'm so sorry!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sorry for the delay and thank you juliets. Day 5 has ended. Galactic Mac has been lynched. They were:

SnakeDaisy was a self-aligned green bean farmer. Her win condition was to cultivate green beans (receive two votes on a day in which she harvested more posts than MacDougall made in his most recent Tuesday of Mafia play). This condition was not met.

MacDougall wasn’t really playing. He created the dead chat and posted in it under my username for laughs.

Actually they were the vanilla mafioso and the civilians have won the game! :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Two-Headed Monster Mafia [GAME OVER MAN]

Post by ColinIsCool »

:workit:

Well-done everybody. Y’all are really putting me through the ringer lately.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Congrats civs! And thanks for such an easy mod job.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Epignosis »

It was stupid for me to have even signed up. I figured we would have time during our vacation to participate in the evenings. We had none. Gatherings, weddings, a drunken hot tub rendezvous. No time whatsoever.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I never would have voted for Cuphead and Mugman. I still don’t totally understand all the reasons they got lynched.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Golden »

Oh good.

Good work making me see your townieness colin and speed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:08 pm I never would have voted for Cuphead and Mugman. I still don’t totally understand all the reasons they got lynched.
Their votes were accountability-avoiding.

This reminds me of when I lynched you in AG and you didn’t understand it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

YES!!!! Well done, town!! :yay:

Tough luck for Galactic Mac and C/M, especially since I know we all (except Mac) were super busy with the wedding and such. Then [mention]Tsaiah[/mention] was super sick too. :sigh: Timing was rough for sure.

We need a hydra rematch for sure!
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Golden wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:10 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:08 pm I never would have voted for Cuphead and Mugman. I still don’t totally understand all the reasons they got lynched.

No, I understood it in AG, I just didn’t agree with the rationale. I didn’t really follow the mechanic-solving part of the game, that was all Speed. I’m pretty bad at this.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

:clap: fantastic job you four. Fun times jay! Better luck next time Mafia team :mafia:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:12 pm YES!!!! Well done, town!! :yay:

Tough luck for Galactic Mac and C/M, especially since I know we all (except Mac) were super busy with the wedding and such. Then @Tsaiah was super sick too. :sigh: Timing was rough for sure.

Hey go and eat cake, I was busy as fuck during this too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yesterday alone I spent 8 hours in meetings and then had a freaking event at night and I'm going on vacay tomorrow too which means I've been trying to prepare at work. Hard times.

Fun game but. I don't think I'm ever playing another sock game, simply having to log out or log in or use incog completely stuffs my desire to post.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Tough luck for Galactic Mac and C/M, especially since I know we all (except Mac) were super busy with the wedding and such. Then @Tsaiah was super sick too. :sigh: Timing was rough for sure.

Cake is gross, no thanks. :p

I didn't mean to imply anyone else wasn't busy; I just had direct knowledge that a few of us were particularly so during key stages.

Summer is a tough time for mafia I think.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:32 pmSummer is a tough time for mafia I think.
This is the opposite of how it should be, yet is remarkably true lol.

For me summer is also Christmas, which only increases how busy it is.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Our votes were getting votes in to have votes period. We didn't care about accountability.

We also weren't caring about strategy.

First kill?

I picked the first name on the list.

Second kill?

I picked MP so he could have a good time with us.

No strategy whatsoever.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:31 pm Yesterday alone I spent 8 hours in meetings and then had a freaking event at night and I'm going on vacay tomorrow too which means I've been trying to prepare at work. Hard times.

Fun game but. I don't think I'm ever playing another sock game, simply having to log out or log in or use incog completely stuffs my desire to post.
I agree with the 'logging into sock' thing. It is always harder for me to get truly engaged in a sock game. I'm just glad I didn't have too much else going on. I stayed mostly logged into the sock on my phone.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:32 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Cake is gross, no thanks. :p

I didn't mean to imply anyone else wasn't busy; I just had direct knowledge that a few of us were particularly so during key stages.

Summer is a tough time for mafia I think.
I would have been able to post if it wasn't hydra. I made zero phone posts in this game which is where most of my content comes from usually. It's cold as fuck here btw.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mercy kill. :slick:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Congrats to Speed for managing to be much better than me at this one with about half as much (or even less) free time. Thanks for hosting Jay, this was a great spin on the usual set-up.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I knew the MP kill had to be epi. It was a hang up for me at first because I felt certain Daisy wouldn't do it. But I also thought it didn't make a lot of sense coming from colin/speed. When I thought about the specific circumstances, I thought Epi would do it - and that also meant Epi was probably choosing that kill when colin/speed likely would have if they were in the team.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”