Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 25

Mega Man Mafia [SIGN UPS]

Post by Epignosis »

A game for 26
Light

Dr. Light
Thomas Light receives the remaining Robot Masters as civilian Robot Masters. The civilians win by eliminating Dr. Wily and his Robot Masters. *Secrets*

Mega Man
The Mega Buster breaks all ties.
Mega Man slides out of the first Night kill attempt against him.
If any Robot Master is lynched, Mega Man may use its power that Night.
If Mega Man chooses not to use a Robot Master power (or if there is not one to use), he may call Rush, and use one of Rush’s two modes once:
Rush Coil: Mega Man will avoid all Night actions against him.
Rush Jet: Mega Man will be off the poll the next Day.
*Secrets*

Robot Masters

Bomb Man

Cut Man

Guts Man

Ice Man

Air Man

Bubble Man

Metal Man

Heat Man

Magnet Man

Spark Man

Snake Man

Gemini Man

Pharaoh Man

Bright Man

Dust Man

Skull Man

Gravity Man

Crystal Man

Charge Man

Napalm Man

Wily

Dr. Wily
Albert Wily programs four robot masters Day 0. These robot masters join Dr. Wily in BTSC. Dr. Wily’s forces win by outnumbering the civilians.

Cossack

Dr. Cossack
Mikhail Cossack is a scientist who was once framed by Dr. Wily. *Secrets*

The "Brother"

Proto Man
*Secrets*
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Mega Man Mafia [SIGN UPS]

Post by Turnip Head »

first
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

For anybody wondering, the main mechanic is a recruitment: Most of the players will not begin as good or bad. Light and Wily will recruit roles. Wily will find out his mafia team of players gradually as they join BTSC. Light will not know his civilian team at all.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by ColinIsCool »

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

They let that guy drink on the job.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I started playing the original Mega Man this week.

Pretty good game, though I hate the final level so much I might not beat it.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I never got past the Yellow Devil. These games are hard, man.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:54 am I never got past the Yellow Devil. These games are hard, man.
Thunder Beam in MM1.

Hard Knuckle in MM3.

Easy.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I spent so many hours of my life mastering Frost Man’s dumb ass stage in MM8. Still easier than X6 though, which was just poorly designed.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nah final level of MM1 isn't that hard compared to some other stuff I played (i. e. Zelda).

Problem is that it seems intentionally designed to be unfun to play.

And this is a game that is beaten with trial and error. So you have to play the same boring and frustrating sections over and over until you master fighting the bosses. It's just bad game design.

Spoiler: show
First there are some jumping robots that have too much life and are better off avoided, except they jump at random so you will take the risk to let they damage you. Then there are three flaming pillars that you need to freeze with perfect synchronization to pass through. You probably won't be damaged so this just makes you waste time. Then there is a life restorer that you don't actually need but is extremely hard to reach, so it will tempt you as you fail to jump to it. Then a section with a thousands small robots that are easy to kill but respawn like crazy. Then a section where you have to ride some floating green robots over a lava pool. But they move at random so you'll spend most of the time waiting for them to decide to go where you want. And praying they don't randomly decide to take you to the spikes in the ceiling. Then you gotta use the magnet beam to make some very precise jumps over two walls. Fail and you'll have to go back to regain ammo, which is easy, but takes at least 2 excruciating minutes of going back and forth the screens.

All of that to get to a boss, die in 10 seconds and have to redo it all again.

That said I loved the game before this level. Some levels are great and so is the music.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

You know screw it I'll try again now. My rage will fuel the fire that will burn Dr. Wily's place down.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:12 pm Nah final level of MM1 isn't that hard compared to some other stuff I played (i. e. Zelda).

Problem is that it seems intentionally designed to be unfun to play.

And this is a game that is beaten with trial and error. So you have to play the same boring and frustrating sections over and over until you master fighting the bosses. It's just bad game design.

First there are some jumping robots that have too much life and are better off avoided, except they jump at random so you will take the risk to let they damage you. Then there are three flaming pillars that you need to freeze with perfect synchronization to pass through. You probably won't be damaged so this just makes you waste time. Then there is a life restorer that you don't actually need but is extremely hard to reach, so it will tempt you as you fail to jump to it. Then a section with a thousands small robots that are easy to kill but respawn like crazy. Then a section where you have to ride some floating green robots over a lava pool. But they move at random so you'll spend most of the time waiting for them to decide to go where you want. And praying they don't randomly decide to take you to the spikes in the ceiling. Then you gotta use the magnet beam to make some very precise jumps over two walls. Fail and you'll have to go back to regain ammo, which is easy, but takes at least 2 excruciating minutes of going back and forth the screens.

All of that to get to a boss, die in 10 seconds and have to redo it all again.

That said I loved the game before this level. Some levels are great and so is the music.
Is this the only MM game you've played?

MM1 is easily my least favorite in the NES series, but it's still a great game. I agree 100% that the level you describe is poorly designed and difficult to a degree that isn't fun. However, it did give rise to the tradition of "Revenge Chambers," which I always looked forward to.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I played a bunch of Battle Netwrok games when I was a teen but that's a different series.

Great one btw.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I dunno I think I'm just not fit for NES games. I grew up with SNES. I think the level of difficulty from the gen you started with is your ideal one.

I beat Super Mario Bros 1 and Zelda 1 with a lot of stubborness, and gave up at their NES sequels.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Mega Man 7 is probably my favorite. I love the 16-bit art and it was also somewhat more forgiving, iirc.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:31 am Mega Man 7 is probably my favorite. I love the 16-bit art and it was also somewhat more forgiving, iirc.
megaman 2 is the best, change my mind
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sprityo wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:51 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:31 am Mega Man 7 is probably my favorite. I love the 16-bit art and it was also somewhat more forgiving, iirc.
Two was my introduction to the series, and I'm glad for it, because after that one, everything that came after seemed easy (the first one is by far the hardest).

Mega Man 3 was excellent.

Mega Man 4 mesmerized me as a kid and my only experience for the longest time was renting it. I got it eventually, but man, trying to beat it two nights at a time is frustrating when there's only one TV in the house and you've got parents and several siblings. Mega Man 4, I think holds the most "nostalgia value" for me, if you dig, and might have been my favorite...

Except that Mega Man 5 was brilliant, and I think I'd have to award that one the best in the series. The Mega Buster looked badass, there were fresh elements to the levels (particularly the stages of Gravity Man and Wave Man), and Beat was a cool surprise. The visuals were the best. I think Wave Man's soundtrack might be the best tune in the series.

I used to subscribe to a gaming magazine, and I'll never forget that I was in Virginia to attend my aunt's wedding, and I took the latest issue with me. When I saw the Mega Man 6 preview, I drooled little kid drool. When I finally got to play it, I was underwhelmed. The robot masters were shamelessly derivative in some cases ("Plant Man? With a Plant Shield?"). It was still good, in the way that all of the games in the series were (rock-paper-scissors game play, figuring out the best order, oh gosh you'll never guess who the villain is), and the music was excellent, but it just didn't have the same magic as the previous titles.

Then I saved my lawnmowing money and got Mega Man X, but that's a different story...
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I always forget how much I love the music in the series. The MM2 theme is the ultimate video game piece for me.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

You know what I'm gonna do?

I'm gonna sign up for this game.

You know what else I'm gonna do?

Try.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

a game for 26

[mention]Fractal[/mention]
[mention]Tsaiah[/mention]
[mention]abyssum[/mention]
[mention]RobotNerd277[/mention]
[mention]Infected_alien8_[/mention]
[mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention]

hello you guys were awesome, pls play again.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

duhhppe, infected_alien already signed up! yaya
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Hey dunya ... how about you uh ... sign up too :slick:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:26 am Hey dunya ... how about you uh ... sign up too :slick:
I would love to, but during this transition in my life, I'll take to facilitating this game instead. :beer: It's gonna be a good one, though!
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:32 pm
Two was my introduction to the series, and I'm glad for it, because after that one, everything that came after seemed easy (the first one is by far the hardest).

Mega Man 4 mesmerized me as a kid and my only experience for the longest time was renting it. I got it eventually, but man, trying to beat it two nights at a time is frustrating when there's only one TV in the house and you've got parents and several siblings. Mega Man 4, I think holds the most "nostalgia value" for me, if you dig, and might have been my favorite...

Except that Mega Man 5 was brilliant, and I think I'd have to award that one the best in the series. The Mega Buster looked badass, there were fresh elements to the levels (particularly the stages of Gravity Man and Wave Man), and Beat was a cool surprise. The visuals were the best. I think Wave Man's soundtrack might be the best tune in the series.

I used to subscribe to a gaming magazine, and I'll never forget that I was in Virginia to attend my aunt's wedding, and I took the latest issue with me. When I saw the Mega Man 6 preview, I drooled little kid drool. When I finally got to play it, I was underwhelmed. The robot masters were shamelessly derivative in some cases ("Plant Man? With a Plant Shield?"). It was still good, in the way that all of the games in the series were (rock-paper-scissors game play, figuring out the best order, oh gosh you'll never guess who the villain is), and the music was excellent, but it just didn't have the same magic as the previous titles.

Then I saved my lawnmowing money and got Mega Man X, but that's a different story...
I also started with Mega Man 2, and loved Mega Man 3 as well... especially the 'player 2 controller superjump trick'! I remember jumping the height of the screen and chucking Shadow Blades in all directions as Metal Man did the same with saw blades... so intense! I also made grid-enlarged drawings of Spark Man and Magnet Man for a couple of art classes... they're laminated and I almost definitely still have them somewhere. Never continued in the series though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:41 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:32 pm

I also started with Mega Man 2, and loved Mega Man 3 as well... especially the 'player 2 controller superjump trick'! I remember jumping the height of the screen and chucking Shadow Blades in all directions as Metal Man did the same with saw blades... so intense! I also made grid-enlarged drawings of Spark Man and Magnet Man for a couple of art classes... they're laminated and I almost definitely still have them somewhere. Never continued in the series though.
Hey, I made a grid-enlarged picture of Garfield and Odie for an art class!

It was the only thing I ever did that looked good. :sigh:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Hey yeah an Epi game.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:03 pm Hey yeah an Epi game.
Jack!

I love hosting you.
Because then I don't have to worry about you being on my ass. :ninja:
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

I'm modding a game right now, so can't really play.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

I'm in
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I want to play this, but I can't commit until mid-September because of Sandwich Shack events during the first two weekends in September... August 31 to Sept 2 and Sept 7 to 9 I will be working the food truck all day and into the late evening, and will not be able to participate reasonably. After Sept 9 I have a couple more events going on, but they're all one-evening or one-afternoon events.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

It’s ok Long Con, I’ll nightkill you before then.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:11 am I want to play this, but I can't commit until mid-September because of Sandwich Shack events during the first two weekends in September... August 31 to Sept 2 and Sept 7 to 9 I will be working the food truck all day and into the late evening, and will not be able to participate reasonably. After Sept 9 I have a couple more events going on, but they're all one-evening or one-afternoon events.
Personally, I'm fine with this beginning after the weekend of the ninth, because I will be in New Jersey.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I’m a firm maybe. If my schedule allows it I want to play, but I don’t want to commit to anything until classes have started and I know what to expect.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DrWilgy »

El hermano
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
divagreen

Post by divagreen »

/in

:)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

divagreen wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:43 am /in

Hi divagreen, welcome to the Syndicate! Glad you decided to play this as your first game -- my first game here was also an Epignosis hosted game ;)

If you could also please vote yes in the poll, that would be super helpful!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

This makes me pretty damn happy.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:35 am

Hi divagreen, welcome to the Syndicate! Glad you decided to play this as your first game -- my first game here was also an Epignosis hosted game ;)

The million dollar question is whose first game here wasn't an Epignosis hosted game? :p

The guy hosts a lot. :beer:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:17 am

The million dollar question is whose first game here wasn't an Epignosis hosted game? :p

Mine was Marmot. There were two civilians and three mafia teams with bulletproof vests. What an introduction to the site that was.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:19 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:03 pm Hey yeah an Epi game.
Jack!

I love hosting you.
Because then I don't have to worry about you being on my ass. :ninja:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Long Con[/mention]

I'm going out of town in mid September. Wanna hydra with me in all the games I signed up for. XD
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:48 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:17 am

Mine was Marmot. There were two civilians and three mafia teams with bulletproof vests. What an introduction to the site that was.
Sprityo was mine. I was an arsonist SK.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Mine was llama/Russtifinko.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:50 am @Long Con

I'm going out of town in mid September. Wanna hydra with me in all the games I signed up for. XD
I'm not closed to the idea.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

/in unless something dramatic happens. Let's fill this thing, I want to play a game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Halfway mark.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

i'm role-claiming launch octopus
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

[mention]wolbre04[/mention] summer’s over, get back on a computer :nicenod:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m going to be out of town from 9/13 to 9/17 so I switched myself to a maybe. Just depends on the timing. I don’t mind replacing in if it starts during my trip.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Gotta change to maybe too. I need a short break after Firefly, and I'll need some focus in this month, which has been hard to have lately.

I'll be back for Hogwarts.

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”