Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:29 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:27 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:22 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:20 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:18 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:03 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:09 am Ope, I found it! (am I allowed to post a quote from another game?)

...wait. Quin's in Ravenclaw. I don't want to lynch someone in my house. :(
But Quin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
Another example of Luna prioritizing House Cup over hunting. Can we call this the Yun Qui Tetll? If we're making up tells.
I'm voting for Quin anyways. How is that prioritizing House Cup points over hunting?
Voting for and trying to lynch are two different issues.
Really? Because I don't vote someone if I'm not trying to lynch them. DH, what's your opinion on Quin?
On the whole I liked his D1 play, having just now read into his D2 stuff, I don't feel great about his JC post which he essentially admitted was trash, and he backed off of it pretty easily/quickly. I don't see anything "bad" from him, though.
Thanks for your input. If you had to point out scum to lynch right now, who's your GTH vote?
I'm moderately pinged by you, but I feel strongly that Owner's obsession w/ me D1 and her squirrely-ness with answering questions are good indications that she's bad. So if this was Outpost mafia and I had the flamethrower, it'd be Extra Crispy time up in here real quick.

That being said I'll have a firmer grasp of the game tomorrow when I do my Re-ISOing, and probably walk away from that with something better than a GTH, or in your case a "moderate ping".
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:33 am
Spoiler: show
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:03 am

Another example of Luna prioritizing House Cup over hunting. Can we call this the Yun Qui Tetll? If we're making up tells.
I'm voting for Quin anyways. How is that prioritizing House Cup points over hunting?
Really? Because I don't vote someone if I'm not trying to lynch them. DH, what's your opinion on Quin?
On the whole I liked his D1 play, having just now read into his D2 stuff, I don't feel great about his JC post which he essentially admitted was trash, and he backed off of it pretty easily/quickly. I don't see anything "bad" from him, though.
Thanks for your input. If you had to point out scum to lynch right now, who's your GTH vote?
I'm moderately pinged by you, but I feel strongly that Owner's obsession w/ me D1 and her squirrely-ness with answering questions are good indications that she's bad. So if this was Outpost mafia and I had the flamethrower, it'd be Extra Crispy time up in here real quick.

That being said I'll have a firmer grasp of the game tomorrow when I do my Re-ISOing, and probably walk away from that with something better than a GTH, or in your case a "moderate ping".
I'm glad this game bases lynches on the majority vote instead of one person with a flamethrower. You and Owner did have a lot of back-and-forth, and I see why you suspect her. But I'm starting to think if she were scum she wouldn't have been so blatant with her accusations of you. Just a though. I feel like scum are mostly laying low right now, and I don't think we're on the right trail.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:30 am Hnnnnn rez please
I cannot emphasize this enough. Use your damn rezzes on TH or Speed while you’re still here.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

I too am glad to be out of the Outpost.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:43 am

I'm glad this game bases lynches on the majority vote instead of one person with a flamethrower. You and Owner did have a lot of back-and-forth, and I see why you suspect her. But I'm starting to think if she were scum she wouldn't have been so blatant with her accusations of you. Just a though. I feel like scum are mostly laying low right now, and I don't think we're on the right trail.
If we’re not on the right trail why did you voice support of Bullzeye’s lynch?
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:46 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:43 am

If we’re not on the right trail why did you voice support of Bullzeye’s lynch?
I did voice support of the Bullz lynch, but at the same time it seems too easy.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I just re-read speedchuck and found that:

1. In the end he did not believe OoaLH was bad so I don't think he was killed by a baddie team with OoaLH on it.
2. He said some negative things about Glorf which doesn't look great for Glorf but it's not enough for me to suspect him.

Has anyone else re-read speed? See anything that I didn't?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm out for the time being, physical therapy calls. Be back later this afternoon.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:51 am I just re-read speedchuck and found that:

1. In the end he did not believe OoaLH was bad so I don't think he was killed by a baddie team with OoaLH on it.
2. He said some negative things about Glorf which doesn't look great for Glorf but it's not enough for me to suspect him.

You think Owner wouldn't sign off on a speedchuck kill? Hm.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Or that Owner not signing off would prevent the kill? Hmm.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:51 am I just re-read speedchuck and found that:

good idea!
So speed mentioned lynching Nova, an inactive. and Colin replies with:
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:59 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:49 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:36 am JJJ and TH have their assorted trains. I don't have townreads on either of them, so I don't hate it. I'll see if I can go back and get a detailed read off the day's posts.

Still want to put out there that Nova hasn't checked in, and as such is a fun lynch option. Not necessarily a GOOD lynch option (no way of knowing that), but one that will allow night actions to be taken by a greater number of active players.
I think there were some replacements signed up, so leaving Nova for now wouldn’t be the worst thing.
Ah. So it seems. Thanks! ;airguitar:
Could Colin be trying to save a teammate?

Also speed did poke a lot at Bullz for his Nova vote.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:35 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:33 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:24 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:18 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:13 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:09 pm I didn't have time to read anything at all yesterday but remembered that the poll would end pretty early for me so wanted to make sure I had a vote. In lieu of catching up I just voted for a no-show. Didn't realise that was suddenly an unforgivable sin in some people's eyes. :shrug:
"wanted to make sure I had a vote"

Why did you want to make sure of this?
Why do you think I didn't want to miss the vote?
There are two different reasons I can think of. One is worse than the other. I wanted to see your immediate response, and which reason it fit.
Instead I got caginess, which is not wonderful.
The answer is I don't ever like to miss votes if I can help it. I just think it's obvious why someone wouldn't want to miss the vote and in no way indicative of anything.
Ah, okay. That was the worse one. :grin: Could just be a thing you did though.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

[VOTE: mac] aubergine because he probably wanted a reaction and i'm happy to oblige
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’ve spoken to my motivation regarding keeping Nova alive last phase although it escapes me whether or not I did so in detail. Basically I know there are some good players on the replacements list so I wanted to see if scum would treat the slot as they did in Fire Emblem, where rabbit was killed N1 so that speed wouldn’t replace in as a towny. We’d just discussed this in Outpost a few days ago so it was fresh on my mind. If the night passed with nova alive it would have roused my suspicions considerably. Although the vig choice is perplexing and should probably be examined. I’m sure this sounds made up but I don’t care. :beer:
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:23 am I’ve spoken to my motivation regarding keeping Nova alive last phase although it escapes me whether or not I did so in detail. Basically I know there are some good players on the replacements list so I wanted to see if scum would treat the slot as they did in Fire Emblem, where rabbit was killed N1 so that speed wouldn’t replace in as a towny. We’d just discussed this in Outpost a few days ago so it was fresh on my mind. If the night passed with nova alive it would have roused my suspicions considerably. Although the vig choice is perplexing and should probably be examined. I’m sure this sounds made up but I don’t care. :beer:
The vig chose to target an inactive. Not too uncommon, right? And since that inactive happened to be scum, I'd say it was a good choice. Why do you disagree?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ahh the "Odd choice for a kill" tell. A real "El Classico"

ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Targeting an inactive to me seems like a dice roll. If I were a vig I’d go after people that had earned my suspicion.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:33 am Targeting an inactive to me seems like a dice roll. If I were a vig I’d go after people that had earned my suspicion.
Okay, if you had a vig kill, who would you have targeted?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:37 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:33 am Targeting an inactive to me seems like a dice roll. If I were a vig I’d go after people that had earned my suspicion.
Okay, if you had a vig kill, who would you have targeted?
Bullzeye, JaggedJimmyJay, Owner
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

In all likelihood though I probably would hesitate to use my vig power until my reads can be refined. I don’t think I ever have been a vig but that’s one where you can really fuck some stuff up.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am Ahh the "Odd choice for a kill" tell. A real "El Classico"
Does this bear out? Show me scum using this.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I'm a N1 vig kinda guy and Nova is my kinda N1 vig kill. But it wasn't me. I was busy studying. :grin:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:41 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am Ahh the "Odd choice for a kill" tell. A real "El Classico"
Does this bear out? Show me scum using this.
I was mostly ball busting the "Tell" crowd again but i do recall someone in the past got me for saying that a kill that I carried out seemed "odd". I just can't recall the game it happened. I wouldn't call it a "Tell" seriously, but it's something I watched for afterwards, both to see if I was the only one who did it and to see if it actually indicated anything.

I'm meh on the whole thing.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

You guys I don't feel like playing Mafia right this moment.

If anyone has motivational words I will be receptive. Otherwise I think I'll just watch.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:10 pm Speedchuck seems like an odd choice for kill

LOL GOT EM FIREFLY MAFIA TH SAYS THE THING

I officially apologize to anyone using "tells", that's v. funny.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm tapped for the day. Deuces.

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] *Makes a big ol fart noise* Motivate that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I apologize if this has been litigated and I missed it (if so please point it out) but:

1. In Firefly Mafia, Owner scum read me in part based on a "Picture Tell" in which she said I subconciously associated with Negan and Thanos, two bad characters. Therefore I must be bad.

2. In this game, Owner scum read Kara based on a picture tell of Kara posting a Hagrid-themed comic strip. Hagrid is a good guy.

My point being, if in Firefly Owner (civ) Genuinely suspected me (civ) for being Negan/Thanos (bad dudes) that's fine because as wrong as it was, it tracks and makes sense if you accept the "Picture Tell" premise. If you accept that same premise and apply it to her Kara suspicion, its fake. She fabricated a reason to suspect Kara and the only reason to do that is if you're bad and need people to suspect.

Slam. Dunk.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

I'm pretty convinced that Bullzeye is our best bet so far. [VOTE: Bullzeye] aubergine
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:03 pm I apologize if this has been litigated and I missed it (if so please point it out) but:

1. In Firefly Mafia, Owner scum read me in part based on a "Picture Tell" in which she said I subconciously associated with Negan and Thanos, two bad characters. Therefore I must be bad.

2. In this game, Owner scum read Kara based on a picture tell of Kara posting a Hagrid-themed comic strip. Hagrid is a good guy.

My point being, if in Firefly Owner (civ) Genuinely suspected me (civ) for being Negan/Thanos (bad dudes) that's fine because as wrong as it was, it tracks and makes sense if you accept the "Picture Tell" premise. If you accept that same premise and apply it to her Kara suspicion, its fake. She fabricated a reason to suspect Kara and the only reason to do that is if you're bad and need people to suspect.

Slam. Dunk.
Was that Picture Tell based on the characters being good or bad? If so I’d say, add this to the pile for reasons why an Owner lynch is a good proposition.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DH you've made up 3 nonsensical "tells" in the last page. Calm down pupper.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:21 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:03 pm I apologize if this has been litigated and I missed it (if so please point it out) but:

Slam. Dunk.
Was that Picture Tell based on the characters being good or bad? If so I’d say, add this to the pile for reasons why an Owner lynch is a good proposition.
I really think DH is stretching it. Owner just thought Kara looked sketchy for posting a jokey comic instead of real content. I don't think it's comparable to the negan=bad thing. Maybe I'm wrong but I townread owner for multiple reasons so I don't see this as unreasonable.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Well, that’s what the first part of the post qualifies. I don’t recall the Picture Tell being described in such a way by Owner but if it is then DH can get receipts.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bullzeye is a fine lynch. Let's just ensure we squeeze the most we can out of Day 2 before we allow that wagon to explode.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Someone tell me why INH is a civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:33 pm Someone tell me why INH is a civilian.
Who?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:33 pm Someone tell me why INH is a civilian.
Who?
yeah knawmsayin

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Can't recall a thing the guy has posted. That's kind of how he always is so basically NAI, but it means nothing is particularly in his favor.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:37 pm Can't recall a thing the guy has posted. That's kind of how he always is so basically NAI, but it means nothing is particularly in his favor.
in which I provide a link to my own grievances in hopes of aiding my good friend nutella of The Syndicate in her efforts to interpret the play of another esteemed Syndicateer by the name of insertnamehere

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:21 pm DH you've made up 3 nonsensical "tells" in the last page. Calm down pupper.
Untrue fam.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Y'all keep talking about Owner and this picture tell thing, and referencing Firefly without directly speaking to whatever connection may exist. So I allowed myself to be myself at least long enough to do your homework for you. :meany:
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:06 pm I didn't say mafia; I said scum. And for those wondering usually, I count 3p as scum. But do you guys ever get friendly 3p over here?

Tell 1: The Picture/Gif Tell (can also sometimes be called the music tell, as I use it on both pictures and music. Yes, I have in fact caught scum this way before.

DharmaHelper has used multiple Negan pictures. Subconsciously, I feel like people post pictures of villains see themselves as being the bad guys themselves. I actually did not finish watching The Walking Dead. I didn't really like Negan. Maybe if I gave him another shot he would turn out to be an alright guy, but my first impression of him made me stop watching the show. So at first, I didn't really think all too much about the Negan pictures as is it really right for me to judge Negan as I didn't take time to get to know him? But then DharmaHelper also posted a picture of Thanos. So either personally, DharmaHelper can easily relate himself to those 2 characters or subconsciously he's bad so he posts pictures of villains.
This post comes from Firefly. Do not interpret it as being a post from Hogwarts, because it is from Firefly. K.

The two highlighted portions are of interest. The picture tell is stated in somewhat general terms first, and then Owner expands to discuss the nature of DH's villanous pictures as being a potential indicator of trouble. It is unclear from this whether the picture tell as Owner knows it requires villanous content to work or if this example simply featured villanous images which fed into the story Owner developed in her read of DH.

[mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention], does the picture tell require villains to function? You said in Firefly that you've caught scum this way before -- can you remember an example game, and on what site it was played?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yo fuck off Jay I was gonna post this shit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:44 pm Yo fuck off Jay I was gonna post this shit.
:coffee:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:21 pm

Slam. Dunk.
I really hate to harp on past games so much but Owner made it relevant so here's her exact words in Firefly when asked about "Picture tells"
Tell 1: The Picture/Gif Tell (can also sometimes be called the music tell, as I use it on both pictures and music. Yes, I have in fact caught scum this way before.

DharmaHelper has used multiple Negan pictures. Subconsciously, I feel like people post pictures of villains see themselves as being the bad guys themselves. I actually did not finish watching The Walking Dead. I didn't really like Negan. Maybe if I gave him another shot he would turn out to be an alright guy, but my first impression of him made me stop watching the show. So at first, I didn't really think all too much about the Negan pictures as is it really right for me to judge Negan as I didn't take time to get to know him? But then DharmaHelper also posted a picture of Thanos. So either personally, DharmaHelper can easily relate himself to those 2 characters or subconsciously he's bad so he posts pictures of villains.
Relevant parts underlined/bolded. "Subconsciously he's bad so he relates to Negan/Thanos" is the important bit there.

Compare that to "kara is picture tell read". Again, Hagrid is good, so "subconsciously [Kara] is [bad] because [she] relates to [Hagrid] doesn't track. Fakerino Suspicionato.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by Lunalee »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:11 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:06 pm Alright, I'm now caught up.

Most of the Day so far has just been two different squabbles over semantics. The whole Epi-Juliets thing has been more or less baffling in its scattershot legitimacy. It's the kind of thing that JJJ usually pushes, except with less actual substance, which makes me a tad sus of JJJ. Then there's the whole Owner/DH thing. It definitely feels like Owner is stuck replaying Firefly, while the rest of us are playing a new game. This regression could be scummy or not, depends on what else Owner decides to bring to the table. So far, I ain't impressed.
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:04 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:02 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:06 pm Alright, I'm now caught up.

Most of the Day so far has just been two different squabbles over semantics. The whole Epi-Juliets thing has been more or less baffling in its scattershot legitimacy. It's the kind of thing that JJJ usually pushes, except with less actual substance, which makes me a tad sus of JJJ. Then there's the whole Owner/DH thing. It definitely feels like Owner is stuck replaying Firefly, while the rest of us are playing a new game. This regression could be scummy or not, depends on what else Owner decides to bring to the table. So far, I ain't impressed.
It's not a regression. It is potentially a meta thing.
Would you trust other people who have played with DH over a ton of games and have seen him as both scum and civ if they were to tell you that you were barking up the wrong tree with your meta characterization of him?
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:02 pm I'm gonna drop a vote on Owner. Her efforts so far just seem disingenuous. Her "read" of DH is unjustified baloney, and her other reads are substance-less.

Hopefully I'll be able to participate more on Day 2, and I want to do some more research into JJJ and TH.

OWNER
I don't get the impression that INH was interested in learning something about Owner's motives in this progression. Instead, it looks like to me like he is giving Owner shit for pursuing an errant thread of suspicion (potentially TMI on DH, to boot) and deciding to participate in her murder when it appears viable. Indeed, the highlighted portion is key: I think his read is hardly justified on her, and his "other reads" do not exist.

[VOTE: insertnamehere] aubergine
LIKE!
But no, really. INH is doing a "game commentary" kind of deal in his posts with out any real opinions. See italicized post above.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:39 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:37 pm Can't recall a thing the guy has posted. That's kind of how he always is so basically NAI, but it means nothing is particularly in his favor.
in which I provide a link to my own grievances in hopes of aiding my good friend nutella of The Syndicate in her efforts to interpret the play of another esteemed Syndicateer by the name of insertnamehere
Right, I do remember this. He hasn't responded yet has he? It's a solid accusation.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anyway is Nutella buddying Owner or are they teammates.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:49 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:39 pm
Right, I do remember this. He hasn't responded yet has he? It's a solid accusation.
Nope, though I don't believe he has been around yet. We shall see.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:50 pm Anyway is Nutella buddying Owner or are they teammates.
or maybe neither

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:50 pm Anyway is Nutella buddying Owner or are they teammates.
Is nutella your top mafia read?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:21 pm DH you've made up 3 nonsensical "tells" in the last page. Calm down pupper.
Which 3
Made up how
Nonsense how

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:13 pm I'm pretty convinced that Bullzeye is our best bet so far. [VOTE: Bullzeye] aubergine
Best bet how
Pretty sure why
What's "so far" for you? Looking at anyone else?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:55 pm
Is nutella your top mafia read?
No.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”