Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - END

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:55 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 pm I was telling the truth when I said I figured out Jack was bad because he pretended not to know what polyjuice was.
And I was telling the truth when I said you were the serial killer. :grin:

Well played. That was a fantastic SKer role and you did a damn good job of playing it.
Hilarious to me that because you got outed as a mafia nobody gave two shits about you putting me on blast. :haha:

Worthy foe.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Ha! I knew Jay was the other vig.

Granted, we had power copped half the town but not Jay.
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

Also thanks to DH and MacD I was saved from 2 CFDs Image

INH stopped showing up on maf chat after he's dead too so...
Spoiler: show
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I really needed to find Jack's partner when we did, otherwise I'dve lost probably.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:56 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 pm I was telling the truth when I said I figured out Jack was bad because he pretended not to know what polyjuice was.

Well played. That was a fantastic SKer role and you did a damn good job of playing it.
Hilarious to me that because you got outed as a mafia nobody gave two shits about you putting me on blast. :haha:

Worthy foe.
Hardly on blast. I was pretty kid gloves about it.

1) You clearly didn’t care about who got lynched several times.
2) Nova was modblocked on N1 and Timmer was roleblocked. This means the only way a townie could have killed him is if there were two odd night vigilantes. There was clearly an even night vigilante. 3 town vigilantes on top of all the protection and investigation is op....unless there’s a sker.
3) Way too many kills with Timmer holstering and so much protection....unless there’s a sker
4) Outed a cop role and couldn’t give an actual reason why that role was bad. Plus lying about what we talked about in btsc.
5) Overstating credit for dead mafia members
6) Quin’s killer was clearly not the mafia kill but also clearly an evil character.

I couldn’t argue the third point without confirming Timmer (my mistake) and I choose not to hammer on the other points because at the end of the day, I was only about 75% sure and it wasn’t worth making Pout more lynchable to get rid of you in my (flawed) calculation. We knew you had the Elder wand and if we could get it, that meant that in addition to my transfiguration, I could give the mafia a 3 vote swing. If you had died and Pout had lived, we would almost surely have won.

But we didn’t and you did. You made the right bets and the right actions while we made the wrong ones. Hats off for a well deserved win.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:08 pm

Worthy foe.

2) Nova was modblocked on N1 and Timmer was roleblocked. This means the only way a townie could have killed him is if there were two odd night vigilantes. There was clearly an even night vigilante. 3 town vigilantes on top of all the protection and investigation is op....unless there’s a sker.
3) Way too many kills with Timmer holstering and so much protection....unless there’s a sker
4) Outed a cop role and couldn’t give an actual reason why that role was bad. Plus lying about what we talked about in btsc.
6) Quin’s killer was clearly not the mafia kill but also clearly an evil character.

I couldn’t argue the third point without confirming Timmer (my mistake) and I choose not to hammer on the other points because at the end of the day, I was only about 75% sure and it wasn’t worth making Pout more lynchable to get rid of you in my (flawed) calculation. We knew you had the Elder wand and if we could get it, that meant that in addition to my transfiguration, I could give the mafia a 3 vote swing. If you had died and Pout had lived, we would almost surely have won.

But we didn’t and you did. You made the right bets and the right actions while we made the wrong ones. Hats off for a well deserved win.
I told DDL a few times that the civs couldn't see the forest through the trees this game. Like when they lynched you before me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:03 pm I really needed to find Jack's partner when we did, otherwise I'dve lost probably.
Only if Petrificus Totalus work on you.
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

poutanko wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:10 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:03 pm I really needed to find Jack's partner when we did, otherwise I'dve lost probably.
Only if Petrificus Totalus work on you.
It wouldn'tve but I was moreso worried you guys would tunnel-kill me every night until it stuck.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

Quin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:49 pm ima make a sweeping declaration for future meta evaluations and also because that was annoying as heck

I don't lie about my night actions. I don't need to.

I'm GenuQuin :slick:
Seconded. Night action claiming got me lynched too just because some people thought what I claimed was stupid, and their logical conclusion was that I must be bad.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:13 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:49 pm ima make a sweeping declaration for future meta evaluations and also because that was annoying as heck

Seconded. Night action claiming got me lynched too just because some people thought what I claimed was stupid, and their logical conclusion was that I must be bad.
I tried so hard :haha:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

:D Glad to have helped you out, bud.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I also underestimated how powerful the sker role would be (I totally love the power level and think skers should be bamf to make up for being alone and having to basically win as town and as mafia at the same time) and the town underestimated the chance of their being a sker, largely due to lack of experience dealing with hidden factions imo.

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] excellent game and an excellent way to end it with multiple scenes like “who is going to win?” Loved it.

I also very much sympathize with some of the difficulties you had this game that were outside your control and I think you handled them as well as anyone can ask. I hope you didn’t take any of my frustration personally.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:14 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:13 pm

I tried so hard :haha:
Yes, you did. :p
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

Hard to see the forest when you lack information, lol.

With no other vig coming out of the closet, it was very hard to figure out all the kills, and once info did start spilling I couldn't keep track of it all, it got too dense.

I kept letting myself get distracted. I was so afraid of leading people astray that I ended up accomplishing nothing. But, I'll give lc's game a try to see if I can get my brain back in gear.
My siggie.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:09 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:08 pm

Worthy foe.

I told DDL a few times that the civs couldn't see the forest through the trees this game. Like when they lynched you before me.
I should have argued that I was outed and screwed and what was the harm in lynching you first but honestly, I don’t think it would have worked.

I have made the argument as mafia “I am town but even if I an mafia, the correct action is X” several times. The town always chooses Y and the opposing scum team always wins.

Buuuuut I’m pretty sure that would have just resulted in a town win so no regrets on that front. :slick:
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:13 pm Seconded. Night action claiming got me lynched too just because some people thought what I claimed was stupid, and their logical conclusion was that I must be bad.
Your night actions are not stupid (actually I prefer that way if there's likely an active to screw cop result) but I was scum so I just let it happened :biggrin:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Poutanko I think this was the first time I've seen you play and just fyi those emojis you use are super cute.
My siggie.
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

timmer wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:21 pm Poutanko I think this was the first time I've seen you play and just fyi those emojis you use are super cute.
Thanks, I'm new here :bounce: just my habit using them :beer:
You're dangerous when you're serious. Went back and forth between killing you or using you as extra kill :p
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

poutanko wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:25 pm
timmer wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:21 pm Poutanko I think this was the first time I've seen you play and just fyi those emojis you use are super cute.
Thanks, I'm new here :bounce: just my habit using them :beer:
You're dangerous when you're serious. Went back and forth between killing you or using you as extra kill :p
Oh btw Poutanko welcome to the Syndicate you did a great job

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hell I'll break my rule of not wearing banners for this game sure why not

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

If I had lasted one more night I was going to nk DH but I guess that would have failed? I realized Colin was civ too late, as I was dead.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

But as an example of how lost I was, the one night I managed a kill, I changed my mind several times and kept pm-ing DDL saying "no! Kill mac!" " no wait! Uhm... colin! "No, shit, uhm.. Kara?" Like damn... lol
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:28 pm If I had lasted one more night I was going to nk DH but I guess that would have failed? I realized Colin was civ too late, as I was dead.
:fist:

I tried to kill Luna so she wouldn't clear anyone else, and I was gonna go for the Vigs next but glad you got popped when you did. I figured I had like 3 nights at most to get to Win Conditions.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I had a hunch you weren't legit but I had no way to explain it in the thread because it was all gut. The last 3 or 4 times I listed you as someone I trust, it was just to keep you from killing me lol until I could get to night 7, but my hunch was that you were the missing baddie I never saw the sk thing coming.
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:46 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:43 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:38 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:38 pm to be honest though i'm not sure why DH became so strongly town read after the jack lynch.

..civilians couldn't have known that he had a horcrux.
I didn't know that he had a Horcrux either.
yeah, but the way you went about his lynch felt to me like you had information that you shouldn't have. and i was right, given the polyjuice potion thing.
I knew him getting no result when he checked me meant he was bad, yeah.

I also knew he knew polyjuice existed in the game which no civ would.
i mean i was confident it was, but i didn't have any actual knowledge of it i guess
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Notice in the rules how it says "guilty player" and not "mafia"

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:33 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:46 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:43 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:38 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:38 pm to be honest though i'm not sure why DH became so strongly town read after the jack lynch.

..civilians couldn't have known that he had a horcrux.
I didn't know that he had a Horcrux either.
yeah, but the way you went about his lynch felt to me like you had information that you shouldn't have. and i was right, given the polyjuice potion thing.
I knew him getting no result when he checked me meant he was bad, yeah.

I also knew he knew polyjuice existed in the game which no civ would.
i mean i was confident it was, but i didn't have any actual knowledge of it i guess
The way Jack talked about it tipped his hand.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:34 pm I mean I think punishing low activity players is good, it's more a way to incentivize players to be active to get the rewards. But yeah I do think the "use all 3 abilities" was a factor as well since Luna had a good ability she could use every night.
Yeah but we were punished and rewarded in arbitrary groups.

Consider that mafia has motivation to lose the house cup to prevent certain players from getting boosts or that nobody can control the activity of other players.

Cute idea and very thematic, just doesn’t work as a motivating factor imo.
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:26 pm Oh btw Poutanko welcome to the Syndicate you did a great job
Thanks, still think it's too sloppy and lasted that long because many people are not familiar/hesitant to go after a newcomer. If it happened on NF I might be caught early as usual :p
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:40 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:39 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:38 pm I want to know what the deal was with the Quin-speed actions. I assume speed was telling the truth, was Quin? Maybe I missed the answer to that somewhere.
DDL posted all the night actions in a big spoilered post. I totally forgot to look at those when I skimmed it but I assume something messed them up lol
LC tried to save himself by using a Dodo on someone.

But the person he picked (Quin) happened to be the guy DH was trying to kill for a hallow.

( :haha: )
I forgot Speed had DH ages ago. :faint:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:36 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:40 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:39 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:38 pm I want to know what the deal was with the Quin-speed actions. I assume speed was telling the truth, was Quin? Maybe I missed the answer to that somewhere.
DDL posted all the night actions in a big spoilered post. I totally forgot to look at those when I skimmed it but I assume something messed them up lol
LC tried to save himself by using a Dodo on someone.

But the person he picked (Quin) happened to be the guy DH was trying to kill for a hallow.

( :haha: )
I forgot Speed had DH ages ago. :faint:
Kara too.

But "civ vig!" :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Luna your checks definitely weren't stupid - you were smart enough to check DH, just didn't have good luck getting the correct response.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hey DH did you kill Epi? If so why? If not, can someone from the mafia tell us why?

(sorry I still haven't looked at the spoiler night actions)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:47 pm Hey DH did you kill Epi? If so why? If not, can someone from the mafia tell us why?

Wasn't me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:00 pm I am like, impressed with the host, impressed with DH, sad as fuck that we didn't win. I don't know if I've ever actually got to end game as a civ and lost before, so this emotion is new.
Its like you’re me for a day.
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:47 pm Hey DH did you kill Epi? If so why? If not, can someone from the mafia tell us why?

...he's among those we suspected as even night vig. Bad decision I think (unless he's 2nd Doc or one with Sacrificial spell)...
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

poutanko wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:53 pm

...he's among those we suspected as even night vig. Bad decision I think (unless he's 2nd Doc or one with Sacrificial spell)...
Oh ok thanks pout.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Can't wait to get dunked on D1/N1 in long con's game for this.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:02 pm JaggedJimmyJay elaborate on your frustration. What did you see that we didn't?
It was less about anyone missing something that I was seeing and more about what I perceived to be complacent or resigned hunting. There were so many times wherein someone would clear or near-clear someone else for what I thought were inadequate reasons in a late/endgame scenario. For example:

I don't clear Mac for giving timmer the potion.
I don't clear nutella for her effort level.
I don't clear DH for casing Long Con or Jack.
I don't clear poutanko for claiming a false red check.
I don't clear Lunalee for having cleared Sloonei.

etc. I saw very reasonable ways to view these things through a mafioso lens that required nearly no tinfoil, and it drove me bonkers. That isn't meant to criticize any specific people though, because my own casing was clearly not perfect either. I'd have had to continue developing my own POE to arrive at poutanko.

I don't fault anyone for missing DH as a serial killer. Indeed, I don't think the civilians were ever going to figure that out before it was too late (both in terms of game phase and the acquisition of the hallows), because it was a secret role. Even speculation about it maybe existing is always going to take a back seat to the confirmed, objective threat (the death eaters), so there's really nothing that can be done on that front. The best chance the civilians had to be rid of that problem would have been for DH to be killed by the mafia. I give DH credit for making the best of the role and earning civilian credit to ensure he couldn't be lynched for the wrong reasons (association with the mafia).
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This was a fun and ambitious game, and I am grateful to have taken part [mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]. It was an interesting combination of structural norms in the vein of a semi-open setup, but with plenty of closed setup elements.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:59 pm Can't wait to get dunked on D1/N1 in long con's game for this.
I don't think people really hold grudges from game to game much anymore. It's so immature.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:03 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:59 pm Can't wait to get dunked on D1/N1 in long con's game for this.
I don't think people really hold grudges from game to game much anymore. It's so immature.
They don't hold them deliberately, but perspectives can certainly bleed into future games. Scrutiny is likely to be elevated.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:01 am I don't fault anyone for missing DH as a serial killer. Indeed, I don't think the civilians were ever going to figure that out before it was too late (both in terms of game phase and the acquisition of the hallows), because it was a secret role. Even speculation about it maybe existing is always going to take a back seat to the confirmed, objective threat (the death eaters), so there's really nothing that can be done on that front. The best chance the civilians had to be rid of that problem would have been for DH to be killed by the mafia. I give DH credit for making the best of the role and earning civilian credit to ensure he couldn't be lynched for the wrong reasons (association with the mafia).
Would it be better to have a clear indication of SK being in the game or is it enough?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

A game that demands more from its players is more fun.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:08 am
Would it be better to have a clear indication of SK being in the game or is it enough?
[/quote]

That is the prerogative of the host. I think a nice compromise that I have seen in the past is to include *secret role* in the public role list -- it informs players that something else is afoot without any details about what that means. There's no obligation for DDL to adopt that method though and I don't fault him. Sometimes a theme demands total secrecy to respect a host's vision.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

At least now I can finally brag that I did indeed shoot INH in the face. :noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

brb remaking the wizarding world in my image.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:01 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:02 pm JaggedJimmyJay elaborate on your frustration. What did you see that we didn't?
It was less about anyone missing something that I was seeing and more about what I perceived to be complacent or resigned hunting. There were so many times wherein someone would clear or near-clear someone else for what I thought were inadequate reasons in a late/endgame scenario. For example:

etc. I saw very reasonable ways to view these things through a mafioso lens that required nearly no tinfoil, and it drove me bonkers. That isn't meant to criticize any specific people though, because my own casing was clearly not perfect either. I'd have had to continue developing my own POE to arrive at poutanko.

I don't fault anyone for missing DH as a serial killer. Indeed, I don't think the civilians were ever going to figure that out before it was too late (both in terms of game phase and the acquisition of the hallows), because it was a secret role. Even speculation about it maybe existing is always going to take a back seat to the confirmed, objective threat (the death eaters), so there's really nothing that can be done on that front. The best chance the civilians had to be rid of that problem would have been for DH to be killed by the mafia. I give DH credit for making the best of the role and earning civilian credit to ensure he couldn't be lynched for the wrong reasons (association with the mafia).
I think you do clear all of those things if you are in the game tbh. At least until it's too late. We never realised we were at DH LYLO on the day we lynched Jack for instance. I don't think anyone in their right mind could have known that.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Holding onto Amortentia until:

1) I could reliably get two uses out of it
2) The people I used it on couldn't be nightkilled by vigs or maf

Was critical to the endgame/lylo strategy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:01 am

Disagree on the SKer.

I called DH the sker. I pointed out the kill discrepancy. I laughed about the idea of two odd night vigilantes.

People hear what they want to hear but the answer was right in front of the town the whole time.

I agree with you on the easy clears though. I love endgame when “everyone is obviously town.” That’s when the real paranoia sets in.

Return to “Previous Jobs”