Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - END

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

poutanko wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:58 pm Also thanks to DH and MacD I was saved from 2 CFDs Image

INH stopped showing up on maf chat after he's dead too so...
Actually when he got revived I thought DH was fucked because at the very least, he would go to the chat and tell you guys he knew DH had the stone. Also DH said some pretty incriminating stuff.

But INH spent the entire day posting voldemort gifs and went back to the grave with that information.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

Also we never seemed to need to worry because there was no indication that the Jack lynch was lylo. Usually we get told it's lylo or mylo.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 pm
poutanko wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:10 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:03 pm I really needed to find Jack's partner when we did, otherwise I'dve lost probably.
Only if Petrificus Totalus work on you.
It wouldn'tve but I was moreso worried you guys would tunnel-kill me every night until it stuck.
It would. Petriricus Totalus prevents you from drinking potions.

You were in for a stone cold surprise (kek) if you tried to kill poutanko one night later.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:19 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:09 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:08 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:56 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:55 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 pm I was telling the truth when I said I figured out Jack was bad because he pretended not to know what polyjuice was.
And I was telling the truth when I said you were the serial killer. :grin:

Well played. That was a fantastic SKer role and you did a damn good job of playing it.
Hilarious to me that because you got outed as a mafia nobody gave two shits about you putting me on blast. :haha:

Worthy foe.
Hardly on blast. I was pretty kid gloves about it.

1) You clearly didn’t care about who got lynched several times.
2) Nova was modblocked on N1 and Timmer was roleblocked. This means the only way a townie could have killed him is if there were two odd night vigilantes. There was clearly an even night vigilante. 3 town vigilantes on top of all the protection and investigation is op....unless there’s a sker.
3) Way too many kills with Timmer holstering and so much protection....unless there’s a sker
4) Outed a cop role and couldn’t give an actual reason why that role was bad. Plus lying about what we talked about in btsc.
5) Overstating credit for dead mafia members
6) Quin’s killer was clearly not the mafia kill but also clearly an evil character.

I couldn’t argue the third point without confirming Timmer (my mistake) and I choose not to hammer on the other points because at the end of the day, I was only about 75% sure and it wasn’t worth making Pout more lynchable to get rid of you in my (flawed) calculation. We knew you had the Elder wand and if we could get it, that meant that in addition to my transfiguration, I could give the mafia a 3 vote swing. If you had died and Pout had lived, we would almost surely have won.

But we didn’t and you did. You made the right bets and the right actions while we made the wrong ones. Hats off for a well deserved win.
I told DDL a few times that the civs couldn't see the forest through the trees this game. Like when they lynched you before me.
I should have argued that I was outed and screwed and what was the harm in lynching you first but honestly, I don’t think it would have worked.

I have made the argument as mafia “I am town but even if I an mafia, the correct action is X” several times. The town always chooses Y and the opposing scum team always wins.

Buuuuut I’m pretty sure that would have just resulted in a town win so no regrets on that front. :slick:
In your defense I've been on that kind of situation before and it's extremely hard to get out of it. Town doesn't let go of a confirmed baddie for an unconfirmed one.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by dunya »

i was really impressed by the depth of detail ddl put into creating this game and will certainly vote this along with upick as best jobs 2018.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:34 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:34 pm I mean I think punishing low activity players is good, it's more a way to incentivize players to be active to get the rewards. But yeah I do think the "use all 3 abilities" was a factor as well since Luna had a good ability she could use every night.
Yeah but we were punished and rewarded in arbitrary groups.

Consider that mafia has motivation to lose the house cup to prevent certain players from getting boosts or that nobody can control the activity of other players.

Cute idea and very thematic, just doesn’t work as a motivating factor imo.
That's a classic case of the flavor dictating the gameplay.

I decided after the game went to the queue that the previous version of the house cup has to be remade, so I had like two months to do it. So it ended up a little rushed.

But I really wanted a House Cup. I mean, it's Hogwarts man. It needs houses and a house competition.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

(the latter being the job i played this year and enjoyed the most, which is mostly for my btsc with juliets and sig tbh :p ) and this for being the most entertaining job to spectate, second best thing behind playing it i guess :beer:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

DH to win best 3p for his performance here. lucky or not, killing 3/5 scum members as 3p and winning a game as lms is pretty epic even though the ego could lose a few notches :p
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:03 am This was a fun and ambitious game, and I am grateful to have taken part @Dragon D. Luffy. It was an interesting combination of structural norms in the vein of a semi-open setup, but with plenty of closed setup elements.
Thanks!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:14 am
That is the prerogative of the host. I think a nice compromise that I have seen in the past is to include *secret role* in the public role list -- it informs players that something else is afoot without any details about what that means. There's no obligation for DDL to adopt that method though and I don't fault him. Sometimes a theme demands total secrecy to respect a host's vision.
Maybe. I won't say the game needed the indie to be top secret, but it would be cooler this way. Some things I do just for the shock value. Shock value is fun.

I kind of assumed it would all boil down to general scrutiny. If DH avoids it for 90% of the game he should win, if he doesn't, being a SK in a game where claiming is allowed could put him in some very tricky situations.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:28 am Not sure, if I should congratulate you, DH, sure I put you as a light town at some point, but that was to appease the others, I was still hella suspicious of you and that's also why I jailkept you n1.
Owner was on fire in my discord. She called poutanko and also DH. She was using image anaysis on DH and everything.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:51 am I still couldn't believe all those cop checks that weren't questioned in "closed setup mafia game". I don't care what the check says; the game should not be mechanically solvable.

And there shouldn't be a way to be immune to death. (I guess Harry Potter lore would argue with me, but still, it doesn't feel right in a mafia game...imo.)
You mean horcrux? That's the only way someone could be 100% immune to death iirc.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:14 am
That is the prerogative of the host. I think a nice compromise that I have seen in the past is to include *secret role* in the public role list -- it informs players that something else is afoot without any details about what that means. There's no obligation for DDL to adopt that method though and I don't fault him. Sometimes a theme demands total secrecy to respect a host's vision.
Maybe. I won't say the game needed the indie to be top secret, but it would be cooler this way. Some things I do just for the shock value. Shock value is fun.

I kind of assumed it would all boil down to general scrutiny. If DH avoids it for 90% of the game he should win, if he doesn't, being a SK in a game where claiming is allowed could put him in some very tricky situations.
Yeah pretty much. His win con was a challenge.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

poutanko wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:28 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:03 am Aww, I just realized I could have used the 3p make a lot of posts tell...derp...missed opportunity.
There will be another opportunity (hopefully not me as the 3p, I like the popcorn too much) Image

LunaleeYou played well for 1st time cop. Checking those not high on sus list is okay. Less likely for them (if they're scum) to use an "active" to fool your result if they think they're not under a threat of getting copped. It's understandable too why people sussed you for not clearing up those high on sus list as it could be seen as an attempt to keep the confusion high. Just do what you think is the best decision and ignore the rest. Tell them to take it or leave it :keys: No one will always be right. Sometimes what you did is the right one, sometimes it's the other one who's right. If you think you're right, just do it.
I always play like that when I'm a cop. I don't go for the obvious suspects. Let the lynches sort them out. I go for people who I'm scared about the possibility of being deepwolves.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:45 am I was certain Colin was bad right until the end.
One more time for the people in the back:
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 pm I’m not bad, I’m bad at Mafia.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I think Lunalee was very smart in her choices.

I didn't appreciate seeing her called out as either scum or stupid for claiming those choices. She played a great game, and Sloonei was in my PM box screaming at everyone who mislynched her because they were too caught up in the tunnel. The cop is always the hardest role to play, and people will always criticize one way or the other. It's your role, always play it how YOU think you should. they'll get a chance to play it their way whenever they should flip cop.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:38 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:33 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:03 am At what point did you realise I was a civ for sure?
When the game ended.
Lol surely you must have at least realised when Poutanko died?
No. I still thought six mafia members was reasonably possible, and you had pushed the counterwagon.
It was almost the case until 1 month before the game started.

Then I played a game where people didn't want to believe a 24 game had more than 4 mafia and thought "man those syndicateers are really not used to big mafias. It might be balanced with 6 people but if it isn't they are going to complain after the game ends".

Also I need to give credit to Superman from Naruto Forums for reviewing my setup and help me decide on that issue, and a few others. Gotta put his name in the first post too.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:45 am I was certain Colin was bad right until the end.
One more time for the people in the back:
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 pm I’m not bad, I’m bad at Mafia.
i definitely feel like i have a new read on what town colin looks like after this game. :beer:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 6

Post by ColinIsCool »

People should know I’m town the instant they start making statements like these
MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:36 pm If Colin is town I will the my dick in a permanent knot.
I rarely make boneheaded mistakes as scum. Maybe the lynch in AG but that’s it. I care a lot more about helping my teammates out than when I’m civ and my “teammates” are a bunch of wandering paranoid androids who constantly want me destroyed :grin:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I tried but my dick is too small
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:46 am I tried but my dick is too small
It’s the thought that counts, brother.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

This game was a good chaotic end to me playing for a while. Congrats to DH who is in the Golden pantheon of “I Will Never Trust You Again, So Long as You Live” after fleecing me in 3 games straight.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Don't go Col. Just play a heist or something. If you disappear there's no telling if you'll come back lol.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’ll still be here, I’m just too busy to actually dig in and have fun. I will be back to fuck myself over in no time. :slick:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You missed A World Reborn. I am telling you it was the best Mafia game I have ever played it was so much fucking fun. Please play A World Asunder it will blow your mind.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Anyway time for some storytelling.

At the start of the year I was playing with the idea of making a mafia game with no roles, just game mechanics. I've had too many bad experiences with roles that don't work how I intended due to player variance, so I wanted a game where the setup would work the same regardlessly of individual player performance.

I had just played Fire Emblem and it kind of showed me one way the idea could work: show the roles in the thread but give hidden stuff to the mafia, allow role reveal but make it pointless because roles are NAI.

So I am talking about Harry Potter in some chat in March and the idea clicks. A Hogwarts game. The name of the game had a much bigger meaning at the time, because the first version was shaped like an actual school. Players would start with no abilities, but they would be allowed to learn them from ability trees. Each tree representing a subject: Spells, DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, Divination and Creatures. It was also integrated with the house system: houses would have access to classes at different times, and I even wrote a full weekly schedule for it. I also made the drafts for the New Death Eaters, Grindewald and the Hallows at the time, as well as the first house cup.

Well that version didn't work. It sounded fun on paper but letting players pick any ability they wanted led to endgame problems. There were just too many ways town could break the game, by having everyone pick the same spell. Just a measly roleblock would allow them to shut down the mafia if they all used it at the end. I messed around with learning times, and all sorts of restrictions, but couldn't make the idea work. The more I thought about the game the more I realized it was unplayable. So it crashed and burned, and I abandoned it.

I stayed away from it for about a month. In the meantime, I slowly got comfy with the idea that maybe I could just keep some things that worked about that game and make a more linear experience. Actually dictate what abilities players would have, so I could control the setup. But I would make the ability pool public, and give the players an illusion of randomness. They'd never know I had actually set the number of each ability in advance. I would show the houses as a tease, but not tell them if they were related to alignment (they weren't). I eventually settled for two regular and one one-shot ability, which would give the players enough room for decision while still being controllable by me.

In May, I started over by picking up the scraps of the first game. I liked the Potions and Creatures classes too much, so I decided to expand on them, while merging the other classes into a generic "spells" one. I developed the potion system and created an odd/even restriction for creatures which would allow me to make stronger abilities that would be balanced by that restriction. I made one-shots, which the previous system didn't allow. This version actually let me make more abilities than before, and with every player having 3, I was actually forced to use almost every mafia role archetype known in the internet.

This was originally meant to be an NF game, but I was a little burn out of playing there, so I decide to do something different. I had been trying to host a Girl Genius game at TS, and never got voted into the queue. That game is actually less complicated than most that I host, because I assume TS is less used to complicated games. So I decided to invert the logic. Let's go all in. Bring a big, crazy game to TS, get voted in, drown everyone in a huge role madness experience, and use that to present myself as a host to people who don't know me as that yet. Girl Genius can come later, after people know the DDL brand, or maybe even get swapped with Hogwatrs and go to NF.

So I finish Version 2 of the game and submit it here. The rest is history. This is Version 3, after I reworked the House system and reduced the number of mafia from 6 to 5.

Now this is the actual setup, which you guys can count from that excel screenshot, but in a more clear way:

TOWN

spells

roleblock 3
delayer 3
protect 3
jailkeep 3
tracker + spy (non kill) 2
vote silencer 3
cop 1

potions

+1 VP 2
double spell 3
anti-RB/redirect 3

animals

vig 2
watcher 2
self-busdrive 3
commuter (with kill restriction) 3

1-shot

patronum - 2
sacrifical - 2
petrificus totalus - 2
obliviate - 2
amortentia - 2
veritaserum – 2
elixir of life - 1
hippogriff - 2
phoenix – 1
thunderbird – 2

MAFIA

Super-kill
Divination
Protect
Roleblock
Felix
Invigoration
Transfig
Arresto
Wit-Sharpening
Bus

Patronum
Petrificus
Obliviate
Elixir
Hippogriff

INDIE

felix
super-kill
Amortentia

As you can see, no, it wasn't evenly distributed. There was only 1 cop. Other information roles also had restrictions so I could allow the game to have more than one. Tracker didn't see Dark Arts, watcher was even/odd only, lie detector was one-shot. Phoenix was OP, so there was only one. Other spells eppared 2 or 3 times depending on the OP potential. For one-shots, most of them had to appear twice, with Phoenix and Elixir only once, though I gave another elixir to mafia since it's a good scum ability. Amortentia was originally going to mafia, but I thought it fit the indie better.

After this list is done, then came the actual randomizing part, so I don't have to distribute 72 abilities manually. I gave 3 at random to every player. Then reviwed the result and swapped around some broken or repetitive combinations. Finally, I added the actual player names, again at random (so nobody was given an ability on purpose, if you want to know).
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:01 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:47 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:44 am Or it could be forum bias? Well, whatever it is, congrats on nearly fooling everyone.
Thanks, and I look forward to finding out the reason you suspect me the next game we play together :grin:
I don't know if I'm playing here again. Yeah, I could have talked to dunya about it, but I was thinking of quitting a few times before the family emergency. I guess I'm of the opinion that I shouldn't need to talk to someone to get through a game.
Wait Owner, I don't understand. You correctly read DH as being not a civ even if you didn't realize he was 3P and not mafia. You are one of a very few people that did that. Why would you not want to play here anymore? I don't want to lose you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm trying to figure out how I could boost mafia to prevent them from losing so hard but I can't. Still think it's mostly due to a lot of bad luck. No one could predict DH would hunt them so strongly so early.

I guess I could make polyjuice more efficient (make it instant instead of taking a night), and making the super-kill a Dark Art so they wouldn't spend most of game without it, but those still probably wouldn't have prevented the DH-calypse that hit them.

Now that I think about it, maybe Horxcrux should be a mandatory, automatic thing too, but that's also me babysitting the faction a little. They could have fared better if they made an horxcrux in the first night, though.

Anyway, sorry for the mafia team for getting wrecked early, but I hope you guys had fun at least.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:27 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:19 am Obviously you and I were never in this game at the same time and I’m sorry this was your experience of the game, and it’s unfortunate to have subbed in under these circumstances. I hope that you’ll give us another chance. I can only speak for myself, but in my time on the Syndicate I’ve felt like this community is one of the most respectful and inclusive of any I’ve come across, online or otherwise.

From a purely philosophical/strategic point of view, every single player’s voice and opinions matter just the same in the balance of the game. Things can’t be solved in full if we’re not all weighing in and hearing each other out, ideally speaking.

And I hope that your emergency has cleared up and all is well.
My grandfather passed away at 91 years old. He had pneumonia, a stroke, and got a little bit better. But then landed back the hospital with double pneumonia and died in the evening of the same day. I got to see him some before he died. I went to his funeral, and I know he is in a better place right now.

I felt bad for you. Generally, I don't like to replace out as I know the chaos that I'll leave behind, and most times whoever subs into my slot can't fill the shoes as well or defend against whatever I previously said. I'm thankful that you didn't get mislynched though.
And I'm very sorry about the death of your grandfather. I hope you and your family are holding up well. My door is wide open if you need someone to talk to.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:45 am I'm trying to figure out how I could boost mafia to prevent them from losing so hard but I can't. Still think it's mostly due to a lot of bad luck. No one could predict DH would hunt them so strongly so early.

I guess I could make polyjuice more efficient (make it instant instead of taking a night), and making the super-kill a Dark Art so they wouldn't spend most of game without it, but those still probably wouldn't have prevented the DH-calypse that hit them.

Now that I think about it, maybe Horxcrux should be a mandatory, automatic thing too, but that's also me babysitting the faction a little. They could have fared better if they made an horxcrux in the first night, though.

Anyway, sorry for the mafia team for getting wrecked early, but I hope you guys had fun at least.
Not going to make Horcrux N1 when we barely knew who's likely going to survive the longest, N2 maybe but not N1. Wrong guess and we could be screwed even worse :pout:
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:32 pm I would agree with you that I wouldn't attribute my win to luck, or to a majority of luck. I got lucky when I needed it, but I was hustling my ass off every other second of the game. I don't win the game if my Long Con case falls through. I don't win the game if I don't connect the dots with Jack, which later led to everyone connecting the dots on you. I don't win the game if I don't use the Niffler/House Cup/Hallows mechanics the way I did.
I got some good lucky breaks this game for sure but I'm not going to lie, it wasn't an easy win.
Oh I don't mean to say you only won this because you are lucky. You really played an awesome game, no contest. I just wanted to talk about your insane luck because it was amazing to behold. But yeah, not getting lynched for 8 days straght was your merit. That's the only thing I really want from an indie, because they can't do much to avoid night actions.

You even had the most posts in the game. [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] maybe that's another exception to that "blow up thread" theory of yours?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DDL have I said congrats on a great game yet? If not, this was awesome. Like dunya, this and U-Pick have been my favorites. This one was just so intricate, so many moving parts, and honestly I never thought about a secret role which just made it more exciting. You did a fabulous job.

And congrats DH, you did a great job. Certainly my pick for Best Indie.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

And [mention]poutanko[/mention] again, PLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE go sign up for A World Asunder. LC and BR are excellent hosts and their map games are a scream. We'll all be in the same boat with lots of posters at the beginning so don't let that scare you.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:05 am DDL have I said congrats on a great game yet? If not, this was awesome. Like dunya, this and U-Pick have been my favorites. This one was just so intricate, so many moving parts, and honestly I never thought about a secret role which just made it more exciting. You did a fabulous job.

Thanks juliets!
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:07 am And @poutanko again, PLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE go sign up for A World Asunder. LC and BR are excellent hosts and their map games are a scream. We'll all be in the same boat with lots of posters at the beginning so don't let that scare you.
...no :eek: 30 players game with activity like this game = RIP me. Easier to read lot of fluff/short posts but not a lot of long posts. As you can see, my English is not that good. Having to translate a lot is pretty tiring.
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

poutanko wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:07 am And @poutanko again, PLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE go sign up for A World Asunder. LC and BR are excellent hosts and their map games are a scream. We'll all be in the same boat with lots of posters at the beginning so don't let that scare you.
...no :eek: 30 players game with activity like this game = RIP me. Easier to read lot of fluff/short posts but not a lot of long posts. As you can see, my English is not that good. Having to translate a lot is pretty tiring.
Bunny please, your English is amazing. I've never seen you say anything that sounded wrong.

This is actually funny because the other Indonesian person I know is a guy who posts regularly at NF Cafe and his English is kind of bad. Like, he knows how to express himself but he doesn't know much of grammar rules. But that doesn't stop him from posting a lot and engaging in all sorts of political discussions. Cool guy.

You are a lot better than him, though.
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

The game has a really good details. Idk about balance, I'll let those with hosting experience to comment on that. My judgement might be biased because of the bad luck so it looked like it's really bad for maf.

"We'll get a sub for novase, no worries" Image
>novase was killed Image
"It's just a coincidence with novase, N2 would be better woooooo" Image
>INH was killed Image
"...LC has dodo, he will be safe" :pout:
>LC was killed Image

"Screw this game!" Image

I had fun tho @DDL no worries ~ :beer:
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:42 am
Bunny please, your English is amazing. I've never seen you say anything that sounded wrong.

This is actually funny because the other Indonesian person I know is a guy who posts regularly at NF Cafe and his English is kind of bad. Like, he knows how to express himself but he doesn't know much of grammar rules. But that doesn't stop him from posting a lot and engaging in all sorts of political discussions. Cool guy.

:hugs:
I think I still confuse people at times :haha:
I'll join smaller game :p
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

poutanko wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:50 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:42 am

:hugs:
I think I still confuse people at times :haha:
I'll join smaller game :p
viewtopic.php?f=33&p=497466#p497466
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:13 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 pm
poutanko wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:10 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:03 pm I really needed to find Jack's partner when we did, otherwise I'dve lost probably.
Only if Petrificus Totalus work on you.
It wouldn'tve but I was moreso worried you guys would tunnel-kill me every night until it stuck.
It would. Petriricus Totalus prevents you from drinking potions.

You were in for a stone cold surprise (kek) if you tried to kill poutanko one night later.
Oh shit :P
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

dunya wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:20 am DH to win best 3p for his performance here. lucky or not, killing 3/5 scum members as 3p and winning a game as lms is pretty epic even though the ego could lose a few notches :p
Technically I grabbed 4. Nova, Long Con, Poutanko, Jack.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:03 amJaggedJimmyJay maybe that's another exception to that "blow up thread" theory of yours?
No, that is mafia-specific. It’s very easy to post a lot when you don’t know with certainty who the bad guys are. I led GY!BE in posts as a surviving serial killer.

I don’t think anyone blew this thread up anyway. In terms of posting *rate* (posts per cycle alive, not total posts), scrimmage MP and Fire Emblem dunya remain the only real exceptions to my memory.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:03 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:32 pm I would agree with you that I wouldn't attribute my win to luck, or to a majority of luck. I got lucky when I needed it, but I was hustling my ass off every other second of the game. I don't win the game if my Long Con case falls through. I don't win the game if I don't connect the dots with Jack, which later led to everyone connecting the dots on you. I don't win the game if I don't use the Niffler/House Cup/Hallows mechanics the way I did.
I got some good lucky breaks this game for sure but I'm not going to lie, it wasn't an easy win.
Oh I don't mean to say you only won this because you are lucky. You really played an awesome game, no contest. I just wanted to talk about your insane luck because it was amazing to behold. But yeah, not getting lynched for 8 days straght was your merit. That's the only thing I really want from an indie, because they can't do much to avoid night actions.

You even had the most posts in the game. @JaggedJimmyJay maybe that's another exception to that "blow up thread" theory of yours?
Oh yeah no sweat, I gotcha. In fairness I did catch a number of lucky breaks. Also I posted a ton because I love Harry Potter so much.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:05 am DDL have I said congrats on a great game yet? If not, this was awesome. Like dunya, this and U-Pick have been my favorites. This one was just so intricate, so many moving parts, and honestly I never thought about a secret role which just made it more exciting. You did a fabulous job.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:08 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:07 pm oh galen not angel well whatever
10 points to the house who can find what that is a reference to.

DH plz don't spoil.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Compiled a list of post-game posts in the first page, so now you can find all post-game info in the same page.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

Funny thing is, if I had just believed Quin...

I had seen DH committing a piercing kill on mafia. With a blast ended screwt going through Quin's protec. Mafia wouldn't kill their own. I had undeniable proof of a serial killer, and knew who it was.

And I withheld that name.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:31 pm Funny thing is, if I had just believed Quin...

I had seen DH committing a piercing kill on mafia. With a blast ended screwt going through Quin's protec. Mafia wouldn't kill their own. I had undeniable proof of a serial killer, and knew who it was.

Thanks. :p

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:32 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:31 pm Funny thing is, if I had just believed Quin...

Thanks. :p
:noble:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh Speed about the thing about Patronus counting as self-target. I wasn't sure about it, but I had made it count for Dodo purposes (I usually let self abilities be redirected), so I decided I would count it on the watcher for the sake of consistency.

Return to “Previous Jobs”