Total votes: 17
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - Living Statue

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:41 pm
Stone and Spirit

The Spirit of the Living Statue stood silently amongst his new friends and their unicorn compatriots. Ever since his...shattering...he’d been prone to quiet reflection, but until now planning with his friends and the incessant prancing and chattering from the unicorns left little time for respite. He focused, quieting his mind, and soon the world around him seemed to burn away, licked by green ethereal flames. The hills, the sky, and everything in between melted and faded away, replaced by a thick, ghostly fog.

Beyond the fog, the Statue could sense the pieces of himself. They called out to him mournfully...aching. Soon the calls grew louder, closer, and as shadows began to form in the mist, the fog broke, revealing multiple exact copies of the Statues form. Each copy burned with a different color of the same ethereal fire. Three copies – one blue, one red, and the third and final clone burned an impossibly bright black. Silently they approached as they had done so many times before, and the Statue greeted them all in turn as he’d done those times past. They were he, and he was each of them. Pieces of each other, broken and yet made stronger and more concentrated as a result of their...separation.

“You all heard the call.” said Blue. “I thought it was one of us, but it wasn’t. It’s...different.” Blue’s voice was soft. Meek. Each word seemed to fall forward into the world like thick honey.

Red shot a look between his three brothers...selves...and chimed in with a harsh, sharp tone.

“What fools we are. We’ve been broken, scattered to the many winds, embarrassed. Humiliated. Made to serve, and now this….this call… Who summons us, my brothers and I?”

For a moment, the Living Statue waited quietly to see if Black would speak. He did not, and the Living Statue took that as his cue.

“I hear it even now.” he said. “Some….thing beckons us. But we must not let it distract us from our goal. We must reunite, my brothers. We must be one again.”

“No.” came the deep, chilling response from Black. His voice, unlike those of his other selves, reverberated throughout the endless space they’d carved out of this reality to make their meetings in peace. Like the cold grasp of winter wrapping its fingers tightly around the throat of spring, it terrified the others. Though they would never openly admit to being utterly horrified of their own self.

“The Gods have laid us bare.” Black went on. “Now is not the time to serve. The whole of the realm sees us as we are. They believe, with our very being exposed, we cannot have an agenda. But that will be their undoing. It is precisely because we have no Master yet to serve that we must act. Not to serve any one Master, but to serve ourselves. This calling….we must answer. There is coming a great darkness. A devastation. A…..Cataclysm.”

Blue, shivering, spoke up once more. “How do you know so much, brother? Wait...never mind, I don’t want to know. There's... there's someone here with me now. I don't know what's going to happen. Even still, what are we to do? How is this...this Cataclysm meant to help us?”

“Help us?” Red spat. “We are beyond help. All that is left for us now is do drive the rest of the Realm apart. To break it as we have been broken. Black is right, we must answer. We’ll see how they like being torn apart.”

The Living Statue held up his hand, trying desperately to regain control of himself. A monumental task given the nature of his current state.

“I have met with two living souls. They have agreed to help us reunite. A plan is in motion, one we cannot jeopardize with petty revenge schemes!”

Blue spoke again. "But I think someone is-"

“No.” Again, Black interjected, ignoring Blue, although this time he did not follow up with a grand speech.

“Please, you have to give them a chance to help us.” The Living Statue pleaded with himself. This time, Red called out.

“No.”

Blue, sensing his brothers’ eyes on him, let out a deep, soulful sigh. “No.”

Their minds appeared made up, and the Living Statue felt the shift in his own mood. His doubts and misgivings washed away, replaced by strong resolve.

“Fine. But how?”

“The Call.” said Black.

“Yes, the Call.” Red agreed.

“Not a Call, a Question.” remarked Blue.

The Call...or the Question...they referred to came in the night. Carried by the wind itself, it posed… possibilities about the future of the realm. One such possibility, as Black had already mentioned, was the Cataclysm. With all of his pieces working of the same mind, the Living Statue could feel his thoughts becoming more clear...more focused.

“We cannot bring about this Cataclysm alone.” said Blue.

“No.” called out Black, “We will need others. Many.”

“So we will go out into the realm. Corrupt their minds. Cloud their judgment. Convince them to join their voices to the Call.” Red laid out their plan, and the others nodded their assent.

The Living Statue felt a twinge of concern. “We’ve never been able to do that kind of magic before.”

“Ah my dear sweet brother.” Black shook his head.

“There’s a first time for everything.”
I wrote this.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 232

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 13]

Post by Quin »

I could've reversed the cataclysm but I had places to be. Sorry Epi.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

I adopted the Karma Chameleon thing because I was the KC for a couple of phases. I kept changing win conditions and powers. I was The Darkness, then The Hunger (allied with Jagged Blade), then KC (who had to survive), then I found a horse, then I was the "Avatar of Long Con" and needed to be dead to win and the civilians needed to win.

Long Con seriously asked me if I had a plan to win.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:36 am I could've reversed the cataclysm but I had places to be. Sorry Epi.
My beloved Cataclysm.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:36 am I could've reversed the cataclysm but I had places to be. Sorry Epi.
im just guessing i had the eldritch thing and it was guiding me to epi aka long con but it was in the opposite direction to my points of curiousity so
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lads I was 100% going to use the amulet to reverse my recruitment but Mac had to be a real fucknugget.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anyway DDL and I met (And Jack) and DDL said he was portal man then when DDL got outted he said he was mafia and then he said a buncha shit about his teammate and I was like

"So you have a male teammate and you're talking to them right now and their nervous about trusting/recruiting me. It's Cbob."

and he was like "Wow oops".

So anyway I'm very good.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Was this MacDougall's actual role?

Kraken - Movement rate of 6 in the water, and 1 on land. Can still move 1 land square after 4 water squares. Knows who is in any square containing water, and has -5 votes while he is in the water.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:37 am I adopted the Karma Chameleon thing because I was the KC for a couple of phases. I kept changing win conditions and powers. I was The Darkness, then The Hunger (allied with Jagged Blade), then KC (who had to survive), then I found a horse, then I was the "Avatar of Long Con" and needed to be dead to win and the civilians needed to win.

:faint:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mafia: A World Anew should be the next one.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

That or Mafia: A Man, A Plan, A Canal, Panama.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

congrats mafia and quincat
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Damn! I thought the remnant had a real shot there. Grats Mac and crew, Mac that was a hell of a game for an outted baddie to win.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

Thanks TH.

That was ... an effort.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:48 am Was this MacDougall's actual role?

Kraken - Movement rate of 6 in the water, and 1 on land. Can still move 1 land square after 4 water squares. Knows who is in any square containing water, and has -5 votes while he is in the water.
Yeah it was.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:17 am Lukewarm Day 1 Take #1: The three players with Q in their names are three different alignments.
Wouldja look at that.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

That game got weird.

Grats Blade and Mac in particular.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:08 am

Yeah it was.
This then crippled any hope the civilians could have possibly had from the outset.

Why make a mafia member all but immune to lynches?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:05 am Damn! I thought the remnant had a real shot there. Grats Mac and crew, Mac that was a hell of a game for an outted baddie to win.
There was a lot of luck (finding a rezz item, finding a portal, finding an oracle that told me shit, tranq randomly joining our team, killing you on night one). Also a lot of help from DH, Bob and Quin (love you Quin). But also there was a looooot of effort and a lot of fucked up shit that we had to overcome (having our entire team outed, slipping my role, Sorsha rage quitting, Speedchuck getting sick, Juliets getting night killed, Tranq getting killed).

Still a lot of things happened to get us this win that I can't even rationalise. I have no idea how I survived some of those days and nights or why.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:13 am

Yeah it was.
This in the beginning crippled any hope the civilians could have possibly had from the outset.

There were days I was a revealed member of Mafia, with my role known, that I could have been lynched and wasn't. I was also within the kill range of Mafia many many times.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh and also it seemed to have got balanced by the fact that our entire team got infodumped so what does it matter.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

I still don't really understand what happened but I had fun so thanks pals
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

IIRC Cbob and I were like "Well if we kill Mac the civs will just dunk on us right after." We were hoping you'd not be a dingus and kill a civ instead of bashing your head against the unkillables.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:13 am

Yeah it was.
This in the beginning crippled any hope the civilians could have possibly had from the outset.

There were days I was a revealed member of Mafia, with my role known, that I could have been lynched and wasn't. I was also within the kill range of Mafia many many times.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:14 am Oh and also it seemed to have got balanced by the fact that our entire team got infodumped so what does it matter.
You sound like I'm accusing you.

I'm not.

I'm saying it's a badly written role for anybody to have (especially mafia).

Nobody should ever have -5 votes- especially mafia.

The fact that I outed your entire team and you still won should demonstrate that.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

(Also I figured we'd lose anyway so helping Mac win was fun)

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Didn't someone say at one point that alignments for roles was randomizes?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 am (Also I figured we'd lose anyway so helping Mac win was fun)
I don't hate it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 am IIRC Cbob and I were like "Well if we kill Mac the civs will just dunk on us right after." We were hoping you'd not be a dingus and kill a civ instead of bashing your head against the unkillables.
I didn't realise that Bob's role allowed him to charge the item up every night. Oops.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:18 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 am IIRC Cbob and I were like "Well if we kill Mac the civs will just dunk on us right after." We were hoping you'd not be a dingus and kill a civ instead of bashing your head against the unkillables.
I didn't realise that Bob's role allowed him to charge the item up every night. Oops.
Also I was protecting him every time.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dana wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:17 am Didn't someone say at one point that alignments for roles was randomizes?
Mine was.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

This was more of a political strategy game than a Mafia game to me (after we got dunked on anyway). It was alliances that got us over the line in the end.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Yeah this
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm not playing mafia anymore (for real this time) but I will play "a political strategy game" if anyone writes one.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 am

Yeah it was.

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:14 am Oh and also it seemed to have got balanced by the fact that our entire team got infodumped so what does it matter.

I'm not.

The fact that I outed your entire team and you still won should demonstrate that.
I am just saying that there were many opportunities for me to be killed or lynched that were not taken. My role didn't make me impervious to death which means that the in game mechanics only served to make me a difficult mafioso to contend with rather than an impossible one. I should have been lynched as soon as DharmaHelper noticed I was the Kraken.

Also it's not as though it was "oh I have -5 votes this game is gonna be easy". I ended up having to make 950 posts to get the job done. It was a slog.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:21 am I'm not playing mafia anymore (for real this time) but I will play "a political strategy game" if anyone writes one.
All Mafia is a political strategy game.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

DH got people to vote for Cataclysm so I feel like he won this game on a whole other level.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I did warn you guys to lynch Mac but nobody trusts the psycho chaos statue for some reason.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I rezzed TH.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:21 am I'm not playing mafia anymore (for real this time) but I will play "a political strategy game" if anyone writes one.
The Genius Season 2?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:24 am
The Genius Season 2?
:shifty:

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am undefeated at The Genius. Bring it on.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]insertnamehere[/mention] get on it
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 am DH got people to vote for Cataclysm so I feel like he won this game on a whole other level.
It was beautiful to behold.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I can't wait to read the epic summary Long Con is about to drop on us
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 am I rezzed TH.
Man I legit would've rather died myself than lost that role N1. 0 fun shenanigans. :sigh:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

We killed TH, then we rezzed TH.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I wanted to be the Trickster cuz I asked LC/BR if the Trickster could go into chats as LC/BR and they said yes and I would have tricked people into outting themselves so hard .

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:37 am I adopted the Karma Chameleon thing because I was the KC for a couple of phases. I kept changing win conditions and powers. I was The Darkness, then The Hunger (allied with Jagged Blade), then KC (who had to survive), then I found a horse, then I was the "Avatar of Long Con" and needed to be dead to win and the civilians needed to win.

If you did, it sucked. :pout:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:22 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 am

Yeah it was.

I'm not.

I am just saying that there were many opportunities for me to be killed or lynched that were not taken. My role didn't make me impervious to death which means that the in game mechanics only served to make me a difficult mafioso to contend with rather than an impossible one. I should have been lynched as soon as DharmaHelper noticed I was the Kraken.

Also it's not as though it was "oh I have -5 votes this game is gonna be easy". I ended up having to make 950 posts to get the job done. It was a slog.
I don't mean that- what I mean is that once a mafia member is "caught," that mafia member should be able to be removed via the lynch poll.

That was never going to happen, because it meant needing 5(!) more voters on you than someone else in a given lynch. Yes, you could have been killed, but how many people ventured near the water knowing the Kraken was there? I went to the water one time in the very beginning and that was it.

You are almost impossible to lynch, especially as the civilians numbers dropped and the independents had the run of the show. There was no way for you to lose.

Have civilians ever won one of these "A World" games by the way? I know the Circle of Decay won last time. I don't know about games on other sites.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by MacDougall »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:33 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:32 am Hahahaha holy shit...

CFD Wolbre?
Do it bitch

Return to “Previous Jobs”