Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Mafia [SIDE MISSION]

Post your incomplete mafia game submissions here, regardless of game type. You may not even be sure which type you'll go with yet.

Moderator: Community Team

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Mafia [SIDE MISSION]

Post by sprityo »

Time to present another mafia idea. Now I personally don't enjoy playing recruitment mafia type games too much but hosting one should be fine.

a setup for 16
Roles:
Makoto Naegi - Ultimate Lucky student
Free Time - Cannot be Nightkilled. During the Night, choose a role to have BTSC with for the following Day. Cannot Choose Monokuma.
*Secrets*

Aoi Asahina - Ultimate Swimming Pro
Cheerful Outlook - Choose a Player at night to give +1 voting power to the following Day.
*Secrets*

Byakuya Togami - Ultimate Affluent Prodigy
Influencer - During the Night, choose another player and steal their voting power.
*Secrets*

Celestia Ludenberg - Ultimate Gambler
Lights Out Rule - One-shot mass roleblock
*Secrets*

Chihiro Fujisaki - Ultimate Programmer
Super Hacka - Learn a random Role Secret (besides your own or Monokuma) every night.
*Secrets*

Hifumi Yamada - Ultimate Fanfic Creator
Imouto love - Choose a player to target yourself with their night action. Cannot be used on Monokuma
*Secrets*

Junko Enoshima - Ultimate Fashionista
Picture Perfect - Roleblock a Player every night.
*Secrets*

Kiyotaka Ishimaru - Ultimate Moral Compass
Vigilant - Decides ties. Knows every player who did not submit a Night Action due to not submitting a PM. Knows the Last Person to Submit their PM if everyone who can put in a Night Action does so.
*Secrets*

Kyoko Kirigiri - Ultimate ???
*Secrets*

Leon Kuwata - Ultimate Baseball Star
Heated - Vote is worth 2 if currently being voted for.
*Secrets*

Mondo Owada - Ultimate Biker Gang Leader
A Man's Promise - At night choose a player to give a One Shot Lynchproof/Bulletproof Vest upon your death. Can change the player every night.
*Secret*

Toko Fukawa - Ultimate Writing Prodigy
Secret Admirer - Can send one message a Night to Byakuya Togami. Gain BTSC with Byakuya Togami if you are targeted by him.
*Secrets*

Yasuhiro Hagakure - Ultimate Clairvoyant
Yknow? - Every Night has a 30% chance to learn who all the Roles Targeted
*Secrets*

Sakura Ogami - Ultimate Martial Artist
Imposing Stature - Cannot be misdirected or lose votes. Resistant to being recruited.
*Secrets*

Sayaka Maizono - Ultimate Pop Sensation
Dazzling - Busdrives two players of choice.
*Secrets*

Independent:
Monokuma - Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy
Pick a role each night to “overcome with despair”. The role picked loses their win con and can only win if they kill another player and survive until the end of the game. Each Night You may submit a Text Post to the Host to be read upon day start. Knows ALL game Secrets and Roles. Has a Soup Kill. Cannot be Killed, cannot Vote. Monokuma is not allowed to discuss any role or secret knowledge in thread. Monokuma is targetable by all actions unless stated otherwise *Secrets*
Last edited by sprityo on Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Mafia [SIDE MISSION]

Post by sprityo »

Rules:
Rule 1. If you die, you lose your win con and cannot win the game unless stated otherwise

What is a Soup Kill?
A Soup Kill is where a player or the mafia team typically is able to substitute their nightly kill to match player's with roles. if they are correct they may guess again until they are wrong or are done guessing. This type of mechanic is to discourage role claiming by making it both allowed and extremely risky.
Things to expect in this setup
-This game has Secrets in Every Role as well as Secrets that even Monokuma doesn't know.
-*Secrets*
Each night the "recruited mafia" will be given a different variant on their kill.
Last edited by sprityo on Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Quin »

MISSING YOUR PM IS UNWELCOME IN A SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] you guys got any input from what you can see that you could give me as tips
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Get an image host that appears on my computer.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I think there are too many information roles. The lie detector and the "get BTSC with a role" ones are basically cops, and two cops for 16 roles is a tad too many. And there are other weaker info roles too.

Maybe replace some of those for roleblockers or doctors, which are easy to balance roles that I didn't see in the list.

That said the list isn't showing who is civ and who is bad, and it's good if baddies has some kind of information, but civs shouldn't really have more than one alignment checker for a game this size.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:40 am I think there are too many information roles. The lie detector and the "get BTSC with a role" ones are basically cops, and two cops for 16 roles is a tad too many. And there are other weaker info roles too.

Maybe replace some of those for roleblockers or doctors, which are easy to balance roles that I didn't see in the list.

That said the list isn't showing who is civ and who is bad, and it's good if baddies has some kind of information, but civs shouldn't really have more than one alignment checker for a game this size.
this is taking into account the secret powers each role has, and how the indy recruits the mafia team so they know almost everything the host knows

with that in mind what do you think?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh I didn't notice thae recruitment part and went straight to the roles.

Yeah this is tricky, I need to think. I don't think I've ever played a recruitment game.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:12 pm Oh I didn't notice thae recruitment part and went straight to the roles.

Yeah this is tricky, I need to think. I don't think I've ever played a recruitment game.
The Indy is the big part of the game. their role is most important, especially the Soup Kill aspect
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok the way I see this is a very swingy game. It can go in any direction.

I suggest you try to simulate what the worst scenarios can be. What happens if the civ cops (those two roles I mentioned) never die and they always check people after they are recruited? How can the mafia counter that? How much can BTSC be used to reveal cop info?

In theory the recruitment mechanic could dampen the effect of all the info roles, but it also could not. So map out the worst scenarios and either remove them, or add counters to the opposing team.

Also try to list roles that are too hard to kill for whatever reason and make sure there's always a way to lynch/kill them. Make bulletproofs one-shot, or make them lose vote power when they are targeted, that kind of stuff.

Try to see what is the worst that can happen in any point of the game. What is the effect of power roles who live all game, or sturdy roles who make it to lylo? How much do they affect the game? Point is, try to break your game and see if it holds, and if it doesn't, rebuild it and try to break it again.

Also I do think you are missing an opportunity by having most roles be just info or vote power related, and not do some classic ability stoppers like doctors/roleblockers. Those tend to make the game more balanced just by existing, as long as they are in low amounts.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Poke me again later if I haven't provided some feedback. Busy times for JJJ.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:02 pm Ok the way I see this is a very swingy game. It can go in any direction.

I suggest you try to simulate what the worst scenarios can be. What happens if the civ cops (those two roles I mentioned) never die and they always check people after they are recruited? How can the mafia counter that? How much can BTSC be used to reveal cop info?

In theory the recruitment mechanic could dampen the effect of all the info roles, but it also could not. So map out the worst scenarios and either remove them, or add counters to the opposing team.

Also try to list roles that are too hard to kill for whatever reason and make sure there's always a way to lynch/kill them. Make bulletproofs one-shot, or make them lose vote power when they are targeted, that kind of stuff.

Try to see what is the worst that can happen in any point of the game. What is the effect of power roles who live all game, or sturdy roles who make it to lylo? How much do they affect the game? Point is, try to break your game and see if it holds, and if it doesn't, rebuild it and try to break it again.

Also I do think you are missing an opportunity by having most roles be just info or vote power related, and not do some classic ability stoppers like doctors/roleblockers. Those tend to make the game more balanced just by existing, as long as they are in low amounts.
i'll see about reworking some of the visible abilities, im trying to keep the game as close to the source material as possible
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I added a rule

changed hifumi's btsc to doctor
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm trying to give general guidelines because I really have no experience with recruitment games so if I said something more direct there is a good chance it would be wrong.

Good luck though.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] free now?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:24 pm @JaggedJimmyJay free now?
Sorry sprityo, I saw this an entire week later. I will try to get a proper, thorough look soon.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:31 am
Sorry sprityo, I saw this an entire week later. I will try to get a proper, thorough look soon.
How about now?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:53 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:31 am
How about now?
I'll give it a quick review right now. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alrighty. Like DDL, I don't have much experience with recruitment games, particularly a pure cult game like this one appears to be (no mafia, just a cult leader who builds a team to oppose the civilians). I have to operate on intuition then, which is less reliable than my input would be for game styles in which I have data or history.

In a vacuum, I would expect a cult game to be more difficult for civilians than a mafia game. Players will have an opportunity to play with authenticity and to genuinely "hunt", at least for the cult leader, before they are recruited. This will make it fundamentally more difficult for civilians to identify those players post-recruitment. Instead of searching a full body of posts for evidence, they have to find some kind of "behavioral shift" which may not be readily visible. That's purely with thread material.

Otherwise, everything will have to happen with role abilities. You have equipped the roles pretty well, though the value of that may be diminished given that nearly any of them are liable to be recruited. You may consider leaving the civilian side with at least one more high-power role that is immune to recruitment. This may be critical, because your cult leader recruits ROLES instead of PLAYERS (you should consider just changing that straight up). This means the cult leader would dictate the strength of its own faction AND the strength of the opposition simultaneously, and the civilians have no good way to prevent that apart from one guy who is "resistant" to recruitment. More protection from that is probably necessary.

Your cult leader role says it is revealed after Day 1. I am not sure what that means. The identity of the player with the role is revealed publicly? That would strike me as a problem, but I am not sure that's what you intend.

The soup kill is pure fog to me. I spoke with speedchuck a bit about this in my balance worksheet thread (I think), and it sounds okay in theory. I have reservations, but I can't really know what to do with them without seeing it in action first. This would be a test run.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I could change the recruitment to players instead of roles but I feel I’ve balanced the roles effectively. Then yeah the cult leader is revealed day 1. But of course he can’t die so it’s more so he gets to taunt everyone the whole game (in theme with the actual game)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Oh I see. So on Day 1 there won't be a killable bad guy? You might need to start the game with a Night 0.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:38 pm Oh I see. So on Day 1 there won't be a killable bad guy? You might need to start the game with a Night 0.
Perhaps. I have a lot of behind the scenes secrets. A co-host would probably be good to have for this
Banners:
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:20 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:38 pm Oh I see. So on Day 1 there won't be a killable bad guy? You might need to start the game with a Night 0.
Perhaps. I have a lot of behind the scenes secrets. A co-host would probably be good to have for this
As long as the civilians don't spend Day 1 hunting for an evil that doesn't exist or they cannot kill. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:26 pm
As long as the civilians don't spend Day 1 hunting for an evil that doesn't exist or they cannot kill. :p
Yes yes of course. Or is that what I want them to think? :feb:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Quin »

I could help with this, since I probably wont have the time to play.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Quin wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:14 am
I could help with this, since I probably wont have the time to play.
I think the side mission queue is pretty huge rn but we’ll see
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Hey everyone, me and Co-Host Quin went over the roles and changed a few things

We're working on balancing Headmaster Monokuma now but this game will be very interesting to say the least
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, so I know nothing about this theme. Why is everyone "Ultimate"?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:42 pm Hey, so I know nothing about this theme. Why is everyone "Ultimate"?
Ultimate refers to their talent they excel at

The English adaptation also listed them as “Super High School Level” rather than Ultimate
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Fayt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Fayt »

I've been wanting a danganronpa mafia for a while now. I just have a quick question. If it starts on day 1 (as JJJ said, no killable bad guy), and everyone knows who Monokuma is. but can't be killed or voted for. His ability is to recruit but can't he be roleblocked every night so he cannot recruit any?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Fayt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:28 am I've been wanting a danganronpa mafia for a while now. I just have a quick question. If it starts on day 1 (as JJJ said, no killable bad guy), and everyone knows who Monokuma is. but can't be killed or voted for. His ability is to recruit but can't he be roleblocked every night so he cannot recruit any?
I probably forgot to update it, but Monokuma won’t be publicly identified at game start anymore

I’m still debating whether to allow the roleblock to effect him, but more than likely it won’t be able to
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Overall this setup will be as close to the source material as possible while keeping it balanced and of course unpredictable
Banners:
ImageImageImage

Return to “The Basement”