Shockheaded Peter Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

You're going to Hell...unless you get this one right...

Poll ended at Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:21 pm

Jackofhearts2005
9%
leetic
18%
sabie12
No votes
DEAD (The Host, the Non, the DEAD)
73%

Total votes: 11
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Shockheaded Peter Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I wanted Jack's head at LyLo. :suspish:

I was pretty into his case against bob a few days back though. I thought that was his best achievement here, getting that mislynch outside the general POE.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 333
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:03 am I wanted Jack's head at LyLo. :suspish:

I was pretty into his case against bob a few days back though. I thought that was his best achievement here, getting that mislynch outside the general POE.
Yeah, I figured you and Bob would be unconvinced. :haha: I thought the Audrey kill especially would be a giveaway like “only Jack shoots an inactive going into lylo.” Luckily she had static reads.

I’m not sure how to take everyone else’s reactions. Usually after a scumwin, all dead/spec players are like “Jack was so damn scummy. Why didn’t you just lynch him?”
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:08 am Yeah, I figured you and Bob would be unconvinced. :haha: I thought the Audrey kill especially would be a giveaway like “only Jack shoots an inactive going into lylo.” Luckily she had static reads.
At LyLo I was primarily triggered by two things you did:

You built a thousand convoluted scenarios about who kills who and when and why and who doesn't kill whoever blah blah -- I did the same thing at LyLo in Phenon: Origins to secure my own mafia win there. It looked very fake to me.

Then when you criticized leetic for failing to consider sabie as a mafioso enough, I was like "what the fuck? Jack hasn't given that theory any attention either"

It hardly matters. I was dead. I don't envy leetic or sabie (and I certainly don't blame them) for what they had to contend with.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Now that we've completed this heist, let's get moving on the next one up. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:11 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:08 am Yeah, I figured you and Bob would be unconvinced. :haha: I thought the Audrey kill especially would be a giveaway like “only Jack shoots an inactive going into lylo.” Luckily she had static reads.
At LyLo I was primarily triggered by two things you did:

You built a thousand convoluted scenarios about who kills who and when and why and who doesn't kill whoever blah blah -- I did the same thing at LyLo in Phenon: Origins to secure my own mafia win there. It looked very fake to me.

Then when you criticized leetic for failing to consider sabie as a mafioso enough, I was like "what the fuck? Jack hasn't given that theory any attention either"

It hardly matters. I was dead. I don't envy leetic or sabie (and I certainly don't blame them) for what they had to contend with.
At that point I was struggling to not be “conductor Jack” who has clearly planned out the exact mislynches needed to win. Sabie was triggered a bit by my calmness. But I also knew that Leetic was both my best mislynch path and the most logical townJack vote. So I pretended to waffle and Leetic eventually saved me from having to do it anymore.

Tbf, Leetic had Sabie in his poe and had voted Sabie several times. I isoed Sabie three times and couldn’t find anything believable to grab onto. It was easier to defend her all game. She hadn’t put in the same effort Leetic had but she was just really townie imo. Best I could do was “Leetic seems town and that would make Sabie scum” but it always followed “but I really don’t think Sabie is scum.”
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Re: Shockheaded Peter Mafia [Day 5]

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:20 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:14 pm Well done, Jack. Bussing speed was the smart play and you pulled it off well.
Is that it?
:noble:
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Honestly I feel like I owe town an apology in this one, my effort level dropped tremendously after the first couple of days and I think that's a big reason we ended up losing. A lot of that was literally not having time to post, but even when I did I just... did other stuff instead. [mention]leetic[/mention] had to carry the load all alone, and was doing a good job, that's just a heavy burden to bear.

Should've listened to my gut earlier. Never really settled on Jack as town (although he wasn't my number one suspect), but his case on me snapped it all into place. But of course, OMGUS. He played it really well.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:41 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:14 pm Well done, Jack. Bussing speed was the smart play and you pulled it off well.
Is that it?
Ebwop

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

My real problem was that end of day was too late for me to last minute change my vote like I was thinking about doing. I fell asleep and woke up too late sigh.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dunya »

i knew jack was bad with cbob's mislynch. killing audrey off sealed the deal for me. well played by all. was really nice to spectate, sometimes the good guys just don't win. :)
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

I kind of knew I was screwed going into D6, but still tried to put in a valiant effort. Well done, Jack.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:59 am
colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:41 am
Is that it?
Ebwop

Aw yea, that's it.

Great job, Jack! I'd like to think that I at least did a little to distance from you, but that was mostly your victory. We watched in awe.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Lunalee »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] you are a beast at mafia. I thought for sure speed and I had lost it for you, but you pulled out a spectacular win.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

dunya wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:08 am i knew jack was bad with cbob's mislynch. killing audrey off sealed the deal for me. well played by all. was really nice to spectate, sometimes the good guys just don't win. :)
I literally never win ever. So I think I may disappear from mafia again for awhile. Like this just isnt the place for me.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:35 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:08 am i knew jack was bad with cbob's mislynch. killing audrey off sealed the deal for me. well played by all. was really nice to spectate, sometimes the good guys just don't win. :)
I literally never win ever. So I think I may disappear from mafia again for awhile. Like this just isnt the place for me.
please don't do that! i've lost numerous games at lylo myself, it sucks because of all the effort, but it happens. you're a wonderful addition to this mafia community and i enjoy playing with you greatly.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

plus, honestly, we all suck and don't really know what the hell we're doing. sometimes some of us just get luckier than the rest ;)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Stick around. We like having you.

Last year, I won I think one, maybe two games out of about a dozen and generally, the town has been going through a dry spell on the Syndicate. It’s not a Sabie problem, you know?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:35 pmI literally never win ever. So I think I may disappear from mafia again for awhile. Like this just isnt the place for me.
It's not you sabie, it's the alignment you had the misfortune of rolling. Civilians have not won very often in recent memory, and we keep ending up with civilian roles. I've been losing over and over lately too. :goofp:

I think we're better off with you around, and I hope you'll stay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by speedchuck »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:35 pm I literally never win ever. So I think I may disappear from mafia again for awhile. Like this just isnt the place for me.
Last year, I started the year with four mafia victories in the first 2 months. I won some in the spring as well.

And then, despite playing like a madman, I went on a losing streak from late July through the end of the year. 6 months with no wins, despite entering (nearly) every game that was on the site. That was like ten? straight losses? At least?

I know mafia can be frustrating. I get that. If you need to take a break, that's fine. You do what's best for you. But please don't think that this 'isn't the place for you' just because of some lost games. Every person here, JackofHearts included, has had rough games and losses. And more importantly, it's cool having you around.

If you do decide to sign up for another game, maybe something more zany and less traditional would be fun. Or something smaller and shorter. It's all up to you.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Honestly, I have yet to even win a game on this site (depending on how Community goes, however, that may change). In fact, know when's the last time I won a mafia game? August 2016. We all have rough games.

Anyway, this is a new first for me - first time I was ever mislynched on LyLo.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Epignosis »

The Syndicate with sabie > The Syndicate without sabie
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:37 pm The Syndicate with sabie > The Syndicate without sabie
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:37 pm The Syndicate with sabie > The Syndicate without sabie
:nicenod:
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by novaselinenever »

I think I have 2 victories over the last 14 months, and I play regularly. It's not you, and it's especially not you this game. You've played a great game, and you were just in an awful position. I'd have voted Leetic as well, and I even said so in the dead chat :hug:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 7

Post by MacDougall »

This is not you bad at all Sabie. Jack was insane. I would never ever ever ever have lynched him. You did very well all game long. Don't be hard on yourself. It sucks to be in lylo and get it wrong but I think most of us would have. Please stay we all love having you here.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bounce if you've been a civilian at LyLo and made the wrong vote.

:bounce:

Bounce again if you've been mislynched at LyLo.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 7

Post by MacDougall »

Lol I just did it.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by novaselinenever »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:35 pm Bounce if you've been a civilian at LyLo and made the wrong vote.

Happened my first game here

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Do you post links to the scum/dead QCs when it's all done here?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Lunalee »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:35 pm Bounce if you've been a civilian at LyLo and made the wrong vote.

Bounce again if you've been mislynched at LyLo.

:bounce: :bounce:
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

leetic wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:00 pm Do you post links to the scum/dead QCs when it's all done here?
Sometimes. That's typically the host's prerogative.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

leetic wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:00 pm Do you post links to the scum/dead QCs when it's all done here?
Scum chat aka my diary. http://us20.chatzy.com/16812335454974
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:49 am
Scum chat aka my diary. http://us20.chatzy.com/16812335454974
Seems you could not fully predict my behavior for the last day, lol.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

As a side note, this beat my previous activity record, which was 124 (on The 100 Mafia in Bulbagarden).
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 108

Post by reywaS »

great job, JoH2005! Very well done.

side note...you have no idea how much i was hoping leetic would be the final mafia. It would have made my joke "feel" post 100% accurate.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

I appreciate all the support. I am signed up for two more games currently because they are a little less traditional so I thought it might be a nice change for me. I will still at least participate in those because I don't want to back out and they seem interesting. Real life has been crazy and stressful for me so I think it kinda negatively impacts my participation here sometimes. Thanks all for being understanding!
~Darren Shan~

Return to “Previous Heists”