leetic (replaced reywas) - Civilian 2-shot cop
novaselinenever - Mafia 1-shot strongman & 1-shot vote stealer
JaggedJimmyJay - Civilian 2-shot watcher
Epignosis - Civilian loudspeaker
DFaraday - Civilian 2-shot doctor

MOD/Facilitator
[mention]speedchuck[/mention]

Game Mechanics
- The first phase will run on a 48/24 cycle. All subsequent phases will run on a 24/24 cycle.
- Votes will always be changeable. For votes to count, they must be cast in the poll. The host would appreciate if players also announced their votes in the thread, but this is not a rule.
- Role claiming and info dumping are legal. Do what you want at your own discretion.
- All roles, characters, and alignments are randomly assigned. A role's ability and alignment are not explicitly tied to the character that role represents.
- All players win with their faction regardless of survival.

Mafia 101
- No illegal BTSC. All game-related communication should take place in this thread unless the host specifically provides an alternative channel for you.
- No double-targeting.
- No editing posts.
- No angleshooting; this means any behavior which seeks to retrieve information through any improper channels or loopholes. If you have any questions about what is or is not allowed, please ask the host privately.
- I would like to ask that all questions about the game in general be asked in private as well.
- There are no strict participation rules, but I reserve the right to replace a player if I feel their inactivity is hurting the game. Additionally, you may request a replacement if for any reason you feel you're unable to participate sufficiently in this game.
- Absolutely no paintball!
- Be nice. Treat your fellow human beings with courtesy and respect. Remember that this a game that all of us are playing for the pure fun of it.
- If at any point you feel the emotions of the game are negatively affecting the environment, do not hesitate to contact the MOD/facilitator.
- Dead players should post in dead red font, and should refrain from making on-topic posts.
- Non-players should post in NP blue, and should likewise refrain from on-topic content.
- Off-topic content from living players should be in OT Green.
- This is the host color. Please avoid using it unless you're the host.

Do not be afraid to ask (in private) if any rules need clarifying, adjusting, or addition.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Community Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

Roles have been distributed and the thread is open. Please message me if you think you should have received a role card but did not.

It is currently Day 0. Day 1 will begin in roughly 24 hours.

Good luck and have fun!

Also, if this host color is too dark for you, let me know and I will change it. I wanted a shade of blue to keep with the show's color scheme, but I needed to be able to easily differentiate it from non-player blue.
Problem solved?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Re: Community Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by sabie12 »

Hey guys! Super excited for this game!
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by speedchuck »

Heyo, I'm your mod. If someone sets the room on fire, PM me and I'll help you cope. Or if you just want to chat, that's cool too.

Remember, this is just a game. Have fun! And PM me if that fails.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:54 pm Heyo, I'm your mod. If someone sets the room on fire, PM me and I'll help you cope. Or if you just want to chat, that's cool too.

Remember, this is just a game. Have fun! And PM me if that fails.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention], you may want to consider a slightly milder blue for your host color; it's a bit difficult to read on the gray skin. You're the boss though, boss.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

General alert to all civilians of Greendale:

The need for a well-paced thread is obvious. So do your best on that front, please. More than that though, let's be aware from the start that urgency is paramount if we are to win this game. There are only 12 players here, and the cycles will be 24/24. This game will be completely over in a blink; we won't have a lot of time to solve it. There is no time to waste.

I know many of y'all are now in two games. Handle that as you see fit (I will not speak of the other active game again). Just please ensure this one gets a fair portion of your attention. Thanks! :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 248

Post by dunya »

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:02 pm Sloonei, you may want to consider a slightly milder blue for your host color; it's a bit difficult to read on the gray skin. You're the boss though, boss.
How's this
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sabie12 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:49 pm Hey guys! Super excited for this game!
Town read on sabie.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:04 pm General alert to all civilians of Greendale:

The need for a well-paced thread is obvious. So do your best on that front, please. More than that though, let's be aware from the start that urgency is paramount if we are to win this game. There are only 12 players here, and the cycles will be 24/24. This game will be completely over in a blink; we won't have a lot of time to solve it. There is no time to waste.

I know many of y'all are now in two games. Handle that as you see fit (I will not speak of the other active game again). Just please ensure this one gets a fair portion of your attention. Thanks! :biggrin:
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Man! I'm super pumped for this game of course I'll be participating!
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:02 pm Sloonei, you may want to consider a slightly milder blue for your host color; it's a bit difficult to read on the gray skin. You're the boss though, boss.
How's this
blinding me tbh :scared:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:05 pm
How's this

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sabie12 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:06 pm Man! I'm super pumped for this game of course I'll be participating!

me and sabie are totally pumped. happy to be playing with you again!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Pick a blue
Any blue will do!
As long as it's not non-player blue.
(This is non-player blue)
So don't pick that one.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

why have i never spammed a mafia game with annie edison gifs before, i don't know.

anyway, i won't be spamming much, it's past my bed time.

sloonei, what time EST is end of day/night going to be for my info.

linki: the last one is most agreeable to my eyes.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:11 pm Pick a blue bad
Any blue will do! bad
As long as it's not non-player blue. decent
(This is non-player blue) nope
So don't pick that one. decent

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:09 pm
sabie12 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:06 pm Man! I'm super pumped for this game of course I'll be participating!

me and sabie are totally pumped. happy to be playing with you again!

Annie's boobs! :D

Man my phone sucks and it's hard to post gifs from it.
~Darren Shan~
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm serious though. sabie is a civilian read. I think her enthusiasm is genuine, and I don't think I'd see it so immediately had she drawn a mafia role for the first time since [whenever 2013 or something].

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:04 pm General alert to all civilians of Greendale:

calling it day 0, jay is scum. this was his obligatory post calling for a shit ton of activity because this is what civ jay is like, whereas he enjoys to let the game ride by slower when he's scum. his post was what we typically expect of a civ jjj, but it's all a mind game. he's using language that is more courteous and less urgent, which is in conflict with the message he's trying to convey there. fight me on that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:12 pm why have i never spammed a mafia game with annie edison gifs before, i don't know.

I was planning on 9 PM EST. I have class til 6:30 a couple days a week. 7 would be too tight a squeeze for me, and 8 would have us bumping up against Shockheaded Peter.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sabie12 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:14 pm Man my phone sucks and it's hard to post gifs from it.
my internet is sucking badly, so i won't always be able to post gifs, enjoying it while i can though...

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:17 pm

calling it day 0, jay is scum. this was his obligatory post calling for a shit ton of activity because this is what civ jay is like, whereas he enjoys to let the game ride by slower when he's scum. his post was what we typically expect of a civ jjj, but it's all a mind game. he's using language that is more courteous and less urgent, which is in conflict with the message he's trying to convey there. fight me on that.
Courtesy is necessary for a civilian leader who hopes to have civilian followers. :noble:

As for the truth of my intentions to pace the game, meh. That will be apparent as we play.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:18 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:12 pm why have i never spammed a mafia game with annie edison gifs before, i don't know.

I was planning on 9 PM EST. I have class til 6:30 a couple days a week. 7 would be too tight a squeeze for me, and 8 would have us bumping up against Shockheaded Peter.
that is understandable but quite unfortunate as it would be 3am my time. oh well, the syndicate was never european friendly except that one time in that one game i can't remember lol.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:18 pm

that is understandable but quite unfortunate as it would be 3am my time. oh well, the syndicate was never european friendly except that one time in that one game i can't remember lol.
Mountain Time is the only timezone we care about this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:18 pm
sabie12 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:14 pm Man my phone sucks and it's hard to post gifs from it.
my internet is sucking badly, so i won't always be able to post gifs, enjoying it while i can though...

This looks like [mention]Mongoose[/mention] to me!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:18 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Courtesy is necessary for a civilian leader who hopes to have civilian followers. :noble:
hmmm. nah, not buying it
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:26 am Hi. I'm Jay and I'm sick of losing. Prepare your butts for the worst kind of me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:20 am Let me make it clear that this will be an active Mafia game. Every phase will move at a good pace, and we will not fart around for a moment while the mafia team does whatever they like.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

This is a thread-shaped toilet.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

juliets wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:21 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:18 pm

This looks like @Mongoose to me!
*gasp* hey yeah it does!
~Darren Shan~
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:22 pmhmmm. nah, not buying it
I'm not talking about any content that exists in a game that is still active. Just keep in mind that the "two games at once" dynamic exists uniquely in this one.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:24 pm This is a thread-shaped toilet.
You're a toilet-shaped mafioso.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:25 pm
Mind blown
~Darren Shan~
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sabie12 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:25 pm
Mind blown
Say something about my read on you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:24 pm
I'm not talking about any content that exists in a game that is still active. Just keep in mind that the "two games at once" dynamic exists uniquely in this one.
what's curious to me about this exchange is that you're defending something that would have no basis to "civ jay". where's your "idgaf if you're not buying it :meany: " ?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:28 pm
what's curious to me about this exchange is that you're defending something that would have no basis to "civ jay". where's your "idgaf if you're not buying it :meany: " ?
What has no basis to civilian Jay may yet have basis to civilian dunya. I am respecting your accusation enough to provide an answer. I already gave you a "meh". :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:15 pm I'm serious though. sabie is a civilian read. I think her enthusiasm is genuine, and I don't think I'd see it so immediately had she drawn a mafia role for the first time since [whenever 2013 or something].
Your read on me is right! And I think maybe 2015 but yeah you're right. I woulda been super bummed if I got a lame mafia role. Also I thought your rules post was because you're that dean dude or whatever and he always is saying all those rules and stuff.
~Darren Shan~
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]dunya[/mention], read on sabie please

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:29 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:28 pm
What has no basis to civilian Jay may yet have basis to civilian dunya. I am respecting your accusation enough to provide an answer. I already gave you a "meh". :meany:
in my memory, you've never respected my early-game accusations against you as a civilian before. new style? ;)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:30 pm dunya, read on sabie please
i was leaning town, but i didn't like how she ignored all the praise she got from you until you asked her for her opinion on it. riding it out without seeming eager? she addressed me several times, and even quoted juliets and epi, but avoided you almost deliberately. it doesn't sit right with me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:31 pmin my memory, you've never respected my early-game accusations against you as a civilian before. new style? ;)
To be honest I don't think your accusation was stupid or baseless. I have said many times that when I am bad I make fake and fruitless appeals to hasten threads. So it's appropriate to look for evidence of that.

My desire to win will be clear soon enough if it isn't already.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That is demonstrably untrue.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:30 pm dunya, read on sabie please
i was leaning town, but i didn't like how she ignored all the praise she got from you until you asked her for her opinion on it. riding it out without seeming eager? she addressed me several times, and even quoted juliets and epi, but avoided you almost deliberately. it doesn't sit right with me.
I have thoughts.

[mention]sabie12[/mention], please answer first.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

We're supposed to be our characters right or like is no one else doing it. It's no fun if I'm the only one.

I was about to respond but then other things came up that I wanted to respond to more sooooo I did. A lot was happening all at once and I tried to respond to all the things!
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Also I can't vote in the poll
~Darren Shan~
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sabie12 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:40 pm We're supposed to be our characters right or like is no one else doing it. It's no fun if I'm the only one.

I was about to respond but then other things came up that I wanted to respond to more sooooo I did. A lot was happening all at once and I tried to respond to all the things!
I encourage you to roleplay. I will do it at choice moments, not in every post. There just isn't enough time for my hunting to allow that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:40 pm Also I can't vote in the poll
How about now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Yes! It's too loud
~Darren Shan~

Return to “Previous Side Missions”