South Park (host/dead/non)
64%

Total votes: 11
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 110

Re: Community Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by ColinIsCool »

Actually page 15, the end of Day 1. For almost all of it I felt like DDL’s effort looked the hardest to fake but Quin’s cbob vote — and his insistence on keeping it there — is crucial. Hard to see him so casually sacrifice a godfather when he can just pile on Mac or sabie or whoever.

Notably, neither Quin nor DDL really interacted with any scum at all. Quin and nova go at it a little in an exchange that can go either way.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Community Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by ColinIsCool »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:15 am I kind of still like DDL. I just read his iso, and he voiced his concern with the Mac's lynch and suspicions several times. It was consistent and he reads genuine.
This is followed immediately by a flip flop
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Community Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:38 pm as of tonight, i feel best about lynching between ddl and nova tomorrow as best candidates for cbob's teammate. if i die tonight, please start there.
:ponder:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by DFaraday »

I'm leaning much more towards DDL than Quin. DDL's recent posts come across like he's throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks so he can get out of the hot seat. The SK scenario he keeps pushing strikes me as unlikely in a relatively small game like this, especially seeing as his version of the SK is pretty weak if he can't do anything until the Mafia are eliminated. Much more likely to me is that DDL is bad and gave me a reload to gain cred (thanks for that).
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:41 pm I bet nobody in this site has gotten mislynched more times in lylo versus any other phase than me. It's a weird statistics but it's a thing. It's happened 3 times so far.

Everyone just spends the whole game suspecting me but letting cold logic keep me alive. Then when they get desperate they throw logic to the window and go "screw it DDL is a weirdo let'st kill him".

Mafias of the world, keep me alive till lylo in every game. It pays off.
This is somewhere between misrepresentation and guiltripping. There's not a compelling logical case for you as a civ and the references to past mislynches reads like an appeal to emotion. This only makes me feel more confident in DDL as our last villain.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

DFaraday wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:44 pm I'm leaning much more towards DDL than Quin. DDL's recent posts come across like he's throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks so he can get out of the hot seat. The SK scenario he keeps pushing strikes me as unlikely in a relatively small game like this, especially seeing as his version of the SK is pretty weak if he can't do anything until the Mafia are eliminated. Much more likely to me is that DDL is bad and gave me a reload to gain cred (thanks for that).
Agree with pretty much all of this.

I have no way of knowing whether or not post-mafia Serial Killers were common on here ever, but I don’t believe I ever once saw that in RYM where Sloonei is from. Mac might know better.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 326

Post by MacDougall »

They're a thing. Common isn't the word though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I do suppose DFaraday's doctor claim needs scrutiny. The strongman kill could have existed to counter Quin.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

DFaraday wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:48 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:41 pm I bet nobody in this site has gotten mislynched more times in lylo versus any other phase than me. It's a weird statistics but it's a thing. It's happened 3 times so far.

Everyone just spends the whole game suspecting me but letting cold logic keep me alive. Then when they get desperate they throw logic to the window and go "screw it DDL is a weirdo let'st kill him".

Mafias of the world, keep me alive till lylo in every game. It pays off.
This is somewhere between misrepresentation and guiltripping. There's not a compelling logical case for you as a civ and the references to past mislynches reads like an appeal to emotion. This only makes me feel more confident in DDL as our last villain.
It's still true. I have the kind of personality that makes people want to lynch me in lylo more than others. I could make a statistics for that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It's still true? As in you're right I am doing all those things but I really do get mislynched?

Concede?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:13 pm It's still true? As in you're right I am doing all those things but I really do get mislynched?

Concede?
The resources you wasted writing that post could have fed 0.00001 children in Africa for a year.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Community Polls

Post by Sloonei »

Day 4
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lol
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Night 4
Good morning, Greendale. In lieu of my usual announcements, I've been asked to read the following prepared words:

"You have come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What would you do with that freedom? Will you fight?
Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!"

RIP Abed. I hope you can find la biblioteca.

DFaraday has been killed. He was...
Abed Nadir, civilian 2-shot doctor.

It is Day 5. You have 24 hours to lynch someone. Today is MYLO.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Community Mafia [DAY 5]

[vote/Quin[/vote]
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

[VOTE: DDL] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I want to hear Quin first.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oi [mention]Quin[/mention]. Before I saw you I didn't know you could stack crap so high.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DFaraday wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:44 pm I'm leaning much more towards DDL than Quin. DDL's recent posts come across like he's throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks so he can get out of the hot seat. The SK scenario he keeps pushing strikes me as unlikely in a relatively small game like this, especially seeing as his version of the SK is pretty weak if he can't do anything until the Mafia are eliminated. Much more likely to me is that DDL is bad and gave me a reload to gain cred (thanks for that).
I can't believe people are calling serial killers "unlikely" after Hogwarts.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Heck, DH only won because the entire player base thought a serial killer was craaaaaazy.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

My vote could change but I reread about half the thread and was heavily leaning to DDL. Hopefully I’ll have it all done by tomorrow.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Don't get me wrong. I'm gonna vote for DDL unless something absolutely wild happens.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Quin »

[VOTE: DDL] aubergine

It's you or Mac. Convince me it's the latter.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:20 am [VOTE: DDL] aubergine

It's you or Mac. Convince me it's the latter.
I don't care if you think it's me. It's not. And right now, you're miles ahead of Mac on my priority lynch list. So if it's not you, I need you to sell me on Mac, because I'm not able to get there on my own. The only thing I'm sure of is that it's not Colin.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Those last two posts are confusing.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:10 am Those last two posts are confusing.
Funny joke.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

It's Quin.

I don't even know how to see on a SK, it's not like he can be linked to his teammates, and I was reading him genuQuin so far.

I guess what I can ask is that you don't immediately assume a SK is any more unlikely than a mafia (it's not) and check whether I like more sincere than Quin or not, cuz I'm pretty sure I saw some of you calling me sincere multiple times.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Fuck DF pointed out how Quin could be mafia and it's not hard. Let's say they shoot someone and it failed. Quin claims bulletproof, on the hopes there is not another town BP (a risky gambit but not too much).

At least I can't be SK myself (my ability makes zero sense for a SK)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 248

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

If it helps I'm already preparing all the ways I can go "I told you so" after this is over.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

3 people who were on the Bob train vs. 1 that wasn't.

Personally that's enough for me.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:09 pm 3 people who were on the Bob train vs. 1 that wasn't.

Personally that's enough for me.
And if Sloonei decide to put an indie in the setup... you just throw the game?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

This hurts because I spent a full game watching a pack of clueless civs, and mafia, constantly assume I would never add an indie to the setup.

You would think the experience would have been branded on their skins.

But here we are again, assuming indies are less likely to be in the game than a third mafia, for no rational reason.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:32 pm This hurts because I spent a full game watching a pack of clueless civs, and mafia, constantly assume I would never add an indie to the setup.

You would think the experience would have been branded on their skins.

But here we are again, assuming indies are less likely to be in the game than a third mafia, for no rational reason.
None of what you said here is actually true though. Nobody has "constantly assumed you would never add an indie." The things you're accusing us of are not true.

I don't think you are genuinely entertaining the notion that there are only two Mafia. You haven't even sought to clarify whether we get told when a faction is defeated. Even if you are, it's the natural thing for a POE clamped Mafia to do.

You're also hell bent on the assertion that Quin is an "SK" that keeps killing after the Mafia die and haven't entertained the notion that perhaps he (or I, or Colin) are indies that aren't malevolent but are rather LMS style indies, which are frequently on this site.

Also 2 Mafia in this game? What a weak Mafia faction. Sucks to be them?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh you are referring to you watched as host got it.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I don’t think that’s an accurate assessment of Hogwarts. DH was disguised very well by the knowledge that there were vigs and the civs were focused on lynching scum because they were the only opposite faction we had concrete evidence of until it was too late. I don’t remember debating the existence of a SK at all tbh
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

My point is I think you’re stretching the truth to suit yourself in this game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I do believe it's possible that there is a Mafia and an indie left. A 2 player Mafia team in this game is too underpowered to make sense. I don't think there is only an indie and it is possible there are no indies. I'd say the former is rather likely. Given that there has only been one kill each night with the exception of Colin's vig kill it would seem like any indie present isn't a killing one. If there is a Mafia left it's damn certainly DDL. Not even he is making a case on anyone else being Mafia.

Colin has demonstrated an ability to kill (once) and Quin had a bulletproof vest. Of the two, a bulletproof vest is something that is often given to LMS indies to give them a better chance of survival. So I think DDL would be right about Quin being an indie. The question is whether he is benign or not.

So how do civilians win here if there is in fact both a Mafia and an indie left if that indie can't win with the civilians (and possesses the ability to make a kill after the Mafia faction is eliminated ie. after DDL is voted does Quin just kill one of us and win the game)?

If Colin and I are the only civilians left and Quin is a bad indie and DDL is Mafia. If we lynch DDL now thee game will end with Quin winning if he has a night kill. If the game continues and there is no night kill Colin and I should be able to just vote for Quin.

If we vote no lynch and let DDL kill again, he probably kills one of Colin or I and then tries to convince the other to vote with him against Quin at Lylo. In the scenario that the LYLO is a civ/indie/maf LYLO, and the indie stands alone, the civilian cannot win. The civilian becomes kingmaker between to decide who wins out of the other two. If we vote no lynch and let DDL kill again and the indie (quin) can win with the town, there's no purpose to letting DDL get out of today anyway.

So there are really only lynching DDL available here sadly. Either we do so and Quin wins as indie on his own or with us. Or I am wrong and there is no indie at all and the civilians win outright. I am willing to bank on the fact that there isn't a 2 person Mafia team in a game of this size and if there is, well, sorry DDL.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Colin and Quin are both fairly quiet. That makes me think they are civilians. If they were indie or Mafia they'd be trying to control the game outcome more, like DDL is.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:37 pm Colin and Quin are both fairly quiet. That makes me think they are civilians. If they were indie or Mafia they'd be trying to control the game outcome more, like DDL is.
I'm about to join a fun game of cards against humanity. You should join too.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jeez that post was a clusterfuck of English
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'll put it bluntly. I've done the work, I know what Mac has in his favour and what DDL doesn't. Unless something happens in the next two hours then I'm set on this DDL lynch.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

45 mins
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

13 mins. Anyone care to speak?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Am I tripping? 4 mins til EOD and all have abandoned?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Community Mafia [NIGHT 5]

Post by Sloonei »

Day 5
Good morning, Greendale. All of the blood, sweat, and tears which have filled our hallways over the course of this game will be resolved tonight. To all of those who participated in this struggle, let me be the first to say thank you, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart. But only one side can win this game, and while my heart lies with the brave civilians, I have to respect the enemy as well. Whoever emerges victorious in these vicious final hours is a truly deserving winner.

But you didn't come here to hear old Neil ramble on. What you want to know is: who was lynched, and was it the right choice? Well, on a strictly personal level, this lynch hits close to home. Pierce Hawthorne is a dear friend of mine, a hell of a D&D player, and an even better man. I can't speak to his alignment in this game just yet, but in the game of life he is town to me. But for Greendale's sake, I hope he was scum. If that is not the case then, Pierce, I am sorry. I guess that's just the way it goes.

Dragon D. Luffy has been lynched. He was...
Pierce Hawthorne, civilian 2-shot booster.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wow.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorry DDL.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Community Mafia [GAME OVER]

Post by Sloonei »

There was one simple thing the civilians needed to do to win this game. They changed their fortunes right out of the gate by lynching Chang Day 1. They hit Leonard right in the taint a few days later. Only one person stood between them and victory. But getting rid of Britta, it turns out, was the hardest thing to do. None can say that she was the worst on this day.
Britta, for the win!

ColinIsCool has been killed. He was Shirley Bennett.
Macdougall has been killed. He was Starburns.

Quin was...
Britta Perry, mafia 1-shot role cop + 2-shot roleblocker.

The mafia have won the game. Congratulations to colonialbob, novaselinenever, and Quin.
#6phasesandamovie
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”