64%

Total votes: 11
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 248

Re: Community Mafia [GAME OVER]

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:39 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:36 am I think DDL making a fuss over SKs makes him look needlessly suspicious at a crucial time.
You may not be wrong. That's how I felt about you making a fuss over confirmed tracker Mac. :shrug2:
Mafia don't have trackers to detect cops? Get out of here. I know that much.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:01 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:36 am I think DDL making a fuss over SKs makes him look needlessly suspicious at a crucial time.
You may not be wrong. That's how I felt about you making a fuss over confirmed tracker Mac. :shrug2:
I may have seen a mafia tracker once in seven years.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:05 am
Really? Super common where I'm from.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It doesn't matter. Lynch Mac / Epi or Quin wins the game. Not one person considered that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:14 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:11 pm Well time to bury the Quindar I guess.
The only person with a functioning Quindar on this site is @speedchuck :grin:
Not so, I was on to you the whole time.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:16 am
Really? Super common where I'm from.
Same
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:55 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:22 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:17 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:08 pm Fourth game I get mislynched in lylo, but only the fifth game I get mislynched overall.

It's always lylo. If I don't get night killed, I live to lylo. And if I do, I make the civs lose the game.

Mafias of the world, always let me live until lylo, and town will never win a game in this site again.
I will give you a piece of advice:

DO: "Epignosis was a civilian and said Mac or Quin, so we should discuss those options."

DON'T: "OMG SKS! SKS EVERYWHERE."

;)
It could have been a SK and you know it.

I made a post listing every possiblity for mafia/indies and got dismissed as "DDL only wrote that because he is desperate".

I even listed why Quin was not cleared as mafia. Twice. Nobody even quoted my post.

You weren't the only one that got ignored. The civilian faction pretty much chose to use Bob's lynch as the sole piece of valid evidence.

And I still believe there is something in my personality that makes people trust me but remain just suspicious enough to turn against me at the end of the game. I wish people would start paying attention to that.
No. If I thought there was a serial killer, I would have said so. I didn't. Because there was not serial killer killing, and it didn't need to be brought up.

There's one person killing.

Why even call him a serial killer and get people angry with you? Just call him the last mafia and lynch him accordingly. There's no reason to change the name.
Because I've played games in this site, specifically games hosted by you, where the SK can only kill after the mafia is eliminated.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:23 am
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 pm There's no need to go off on wild speculation. You know someone is killing. If he's the last mafia or the serial killer, WHO GIVES A SHIT? It's the same thing from the civilian perspective, is it not?
I don’t think so. The methods one employs to find a mafioso are often entirely ineffective for a serial killer.

Interactions? Irrelevant, no teammates.

Hunting sincerity? They don’t know who’s bad either.

The only “reliable” evidence available is who was killed.
I was speaking in context: Look at what I came up with before I got lynched. Mac or Quin had to die.

Whether they were mafia or SKs was irrelevant at that point.
Wrong. We were analysing claims. Everyone thought it was mechanically impossible for Quin to be mafia, so the SK theory opened another possibility.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Never mind that the SK theory also opened the possibility that the Bob lynch didn't clear Quin.

From my perspective, those were the only ways I could make Quin look worse than me. I knew I was a civ, and I knew Mac and Colin were lock civs, so I had to come up with a way to kill the evidence that Quin was a civ too.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:18 am Never mind that the SK theory also opened the possibility that the Bob lynch didn't clear Quin.

From my perspective, those were the only ways I could make Quin look worse than me. I knew I was a civ, and I knew Mac and Colin were lock civs, so I had to come up with a way to kill the evidence that Quin was a civ too.
I suggested lynching Mac and Quin...I'm pretty sure that opened the possibility that the colonialbob lynch didn't clear anybody. ;)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The biggest flaw in the setup was that I didn’t provide the mafia with an avenue into the role claiming fiesta. Quin had to pull some baloney out of thin air to get by. But all of their roles had standard bad guy abilities with no clear civilian function. This could have made it possible for the civilians to essentially clear everybody mechanically.

At 9 vs 3 and 24 hour phases, I thought the civilians had a tough task and could use an advantage or two, though. Both a watcher and a tracker, plus a cop, were meant to give them plenty of opportunities to gather information. The cop was essentially nullified though, which is bound to happen to at least a couple civilian roles in any setup. I think it hurt here, but the civs made it a 3 vs 1 MYLO, so it was anyone’s game at that point. I hope it wasn’t an unbalanced setup.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

it was an exciting game, sloonei and could have gone either way. who knew people would choose to lynch a guy who claimed to be a cop after the godfather flip with no other counterclaims. :p if nova had been lynched that day instead, i feel like civs could have had a chance at figuring quin out with an extra mislynch.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:44 pm The biggest flaw in the setup was that I didn’t provide the mafia with an avenue into the role claiming fiesta. Quin had to pull some baloney out of thin air to get by. But all of their roles had standard bad guy abilities with no clear civilian function. This could have made it possible for the civilians to essentially clear everybody mechanically.
I honestly don't think this was a flaw. In a game like this, is the job of the mafia team to have claims ready to go, baloney or not. They may not *clear* themselves (indeed if they do that I would call that a flaw), but they may delay their own lynch. That's all that matters.

I've also come to a new perspective on closed setups with this game, the Socky game, and Hogwarts. Even if the roles are not revealed, I am starting to think the alignments should be (in the OP and/or when a faction is eliminated, or at the least within the roles). Otherwise it's a lot to ask of a civilian faction, and I would assert too much to ask, to figure out which factions they should even be pursuing.

This isn't a criticism of any host, because I have not implemented that policy myself before apart from some roles like FBI agents. I will probably do that in the future.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nah the setup was fine, I don't think it was imbalanced. 9v3 is fair if civs have a lot of roles.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This game is updated in the Hall of Fame. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:34 pm Oh and the Day 2 lynch was painful to watch. reywas had cleared sabie on Night 1, but then he wasn't able to get on and say a word about it as the two of them circled the drain together.
This makes me even more sad about dying now! Sighhh oh well
IMG_20190301_192445580.jpg
IMG_20190301_192445580.jpg (67.6 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I made some quck & easy banners

Winners:

[mention]Quin[/mention] [mention]colonialbob[/mention] [mention]novaselinenever[/mention] Congratulations again, feel free to display this thing in your sig.

Host banner for little old me:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”