73%

Total votes: 11
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Gossip Girl Mafia [GAME OVER]

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Nicely done [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention], I'm a little happy with myself for voting for you when I was alive. During the game, I was suspicious of your frustrated post at one point as it seemed rather scummy, but I didn't have enough mojo to really push at it more when enough townies had already made up their mind.
Spoiler: show
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

And I guess I was debating if it was scummy frustration or townie frustration, but I wasn't sure what the setup was if there was another team out there or an indie. So overall, I don't think I mentioned it.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Also, I was not expecting to win here. Generally, on other sites, a mafia member has to be alive to claim victory, but I'll take it. :)
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Matahari »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:40 pm
Matahari wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:08 pm I like the old days when nearly everyone had an ability.
Don't sit out Mata. Jump in. :beer:
I just backed out of sprityo’s game because I realized it was going to be more complicated than I’m ready for. But if you have trouble getting to 19, I’ll sign on.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Epignosis »

Matahari wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:15 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:40 pm
Matahari wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:08 pm I like the old days when nearly everyone had an ability.
Don't sit out Mata. Jump in. :beer:
I just backed out of sprityo’s game because I realized it was going to be more complicated than I’m ready for. But if you have trouble getting to 19, I’ll sign on.
Good to have you. I promise you will have fun and listen to good music. :)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by dunya »

Matahari wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:08 pm Thanks Juliet. I think I’m going to watch a few games before I play again. There is too much I don’t understand. The last game I played, roleclaiming wasn’t allowed, POE as a term was not used, and people posted way more. I’m sorry Elohcin, I’ll know more before I try to play again.
I was a vanilla civ of course, someone’s mother (played by the fabulous Margaret Colin). I wasn’t even aware there would be so many vanillas in the game, but I guess it was because of being a small game. I like the old days when nearly everyone had an ability.
I'm really sorry this was your first game back into mafia. There were many times I'd have liked to answer you but as a host, I just can't pop into the thread and explain things, it gives people an edge that maybe you don't have btsc and that's why I answered you. I hoped someone would answer you and was disappointed they didn't, or that you would have PMd me. Again, I can't PM you out of the blue and having that influence people's read on you if you said something like "never mind, the host PMd me and told me all the baddie roles and power roles were revealed in the first post". I have to be careful in that way because I've seen hosts get too involved and throw the game in a different direction that way. I don't like to influence anything game related.

Roleclaiming is not usually allowed when the game setup is completely open. My setup was completely closed, and baddies can just as easily fake claims so it's up to you to believe what's being said or not. I get people don't like roleclaiming here, so I'd probably opt for an open setup the next time I host and ban roleclaiming. I don't ever roleclaim even when it's allowed, but some instances in this game really called for it, like Mongoose for example.

As for the vanilla roles....that really wasn't the intention. I had an inventor with six items, six powerful items, that had to be distributed, including a vig shot. I had an every night cop and an every night bodyguard. the scum team only had 2-shot janitor and 2-shot roleblocker. I think my mistake was definitely not imagining a scenario where the inventor gets lynched day 1 in a game with open roleclaiming. I just did not see that happening in any way. If Mongoose had claimed, there were protective powers and no-double-targeting rules that could have seen her surviving at least 1-2 nights more. I felt very sad town lost the inventor day 1, you have no idea. But I honestly thought civs had the game in the bag after the indiglo lynch.

I don't think all games are usually this slow. I was really disappointed this is what happened after Jay died, but....what can you do. If you really want activity, you have to ask more questions and do more nudging. people like me and Jay get pooped on constantly for posting "too much" but that never really stops us and games like this with no discussion is exactly why i'll never stop doing that.

again, sorry you had a bad first experience and I'm really sorry there were things you didn't understand in the roles that I couldn't directly help you with. Definitely sign up to Epignosis' game, he's the best all-inclusive host and you're guaranteed to have a good time. :)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

The mafia team and spacedaisy's win condition: You win when town is eliminated.

The fact that I had spacedaisy's role be unable to affect the night kill if it were to target mafia, and how she flips mafia if checked by cop, made them involuntarily a team but spacedaisy chose not to think of winning with mafia and that's her choice. She couldn't win with town, and she wasn't required to eliminate mafia to win. She could have caused chaos with her controller role, which targets anyone with a night action that specifically targets another person and changes who it targets.

so when mac chose to protect Jay, spacedaisy, no knowing mac's role, took mac's role and targeted mata for example.

She had no idea if mac even had a role at that point and she got no feedback. When she targeted reywaS with nutella's role, she was told reywaS' alignment and that's how she figured out that nutella was the cop.

it's a fun role, would have been more fun if the inventor stuck around. not sure i'd ever do an inventor in a closed setup game again.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:48 am
Matahari wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:08 pm Thanks Juliet. I think I’m going to watch a few games before I play again. There is too much I don’t understand. The last game I played, roleclaiming wasn’t allowed, POE as a term was not used, and people posted way more. I’m sorry Elohcin, I’ll know more before I try to play again.
I was a vanilla civ of course, someone’s mother (played by the fabulous Margaret Colin). I wasn’t even aware there would be so many vanillas in the game, but I guess it was because of being a small game. I like the old days when nearly everyone had an ability.
I'm really sorry this was your first game back into mafia. There were many times I'd have liked to answer you but as a host, I just can't pop into the thread and explain things, it gives people an edge that maybe you don't have btsc and that's why I answered you. I hoped someone would answer you and was disappointed they didn't, or that you would have PMd me. Again, I can't PM you out of the blue and having that influence people's read on you if you said something like "never mind, the host PMd me and told me all the baddie roles and power roles were revealed in the first post". I have to be careful in that way because I've seen hosts get too involved and throw the game in a different direction that way. I don't like to influence anything game related.

Roleclaiming is not usually allowed when the game setup is completely open. My setup was completely closed, and baddies can just as easily fake claims so it's up to you to believe what's being said or not. I get people don't like roleclaiming here, so I'd probably opt for an open setup the next time I host and ban roleclaiming. I don't ever roleclaim even when it's allowed, but some instances in this game really called for it, like Mongoose for example.

As for the vanilla roles....that really wasn't the intention. I had an inventor with six items, six powerful items, that had to be distributed, including a vig shot. I had an every night cop and an every night bodyguard. the scum team only had 2-shot janitor and 2-shot roleblocker. I think my mistake was definitely not imagining a scenario where the inventor gets lynched day 1 in a game with open roleclaiming. I just did not see that happening in any way. If Mongoose had claimed, there were protective powers and no-double-targeting rules that could have seen her surviving at least 1-2 nights more. I felt very sad town lost the inventor day 1, you have no idea. But I honestly thought civs had the game in the bag after the indiglo lynch.

I don't think all games are usually this slow. I was really disappointed this is what happened after Jay died, but....what can you do. If you really want activity, you have to ask more questions and do more nudging. people like me and Jay get pooped on constantly for posting "too much" but that never really stops us and games like this with no discussion is exactly why i'll never stop doing that.

again, sorry you had a bad first experience and I'm really sorry there were things you didn't understand in the roles that I couldn't directly help you with. Definitely sign up to Epignosis' game, he's the best all-inclusive host and you're guaranteed to have a good time. :)
Dunya, I had a lot of fun playing this, please dont think I was complaining about the game. I was complaining about myself, not knowing about how the game has changed. I was having to learn as I went along, which was also fun for me, but I wasn’t as helpful to the town as I should have been.
I think you were a wonderful host, and I imagine that not interfering in the game was actually hard for you. I would have been on pins and needles all the time, wanting to say something. This was really a nice game for me to get my feet wet again, and I’m so glad I got to play. I’m using Mafiascum’s Wiki pages to try and learn more of the terminology so that I’ll be able to play better in future games. Thanks again!
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:34 pm Dunya, I had a lot of fun playing this, please dont think I was complaining about the game. I was complaining about myself, not knowing about how the game has changed. I was having to learn as I went along, which was also fun for me, but I wasn’t as helpful to the town as I should have been.
I think you were a wonderful host, and I imagine that not interfering in the game was actually hard for you. I would have been on pins and needles all the time, wanting to say something. This was really a nice game for me to get my feet wet again, and I’m so glad I got to play. I’m using Mafiascum’s Wiki pages to try and learn more of the terminology so that I’ll be able to play better in future games. Thanks again!
I thought you did well. You were placed in a difficult spot beyond just your familiarity with the Mafia culture given that you were being named as a suspect by a number of people quite early in the game. You weathered that with great poise and didn't let it get in the way of your efforts to contribute to the hunt. That's something that can be a real struggle for many folks.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This game has been updated in the Hall of Fame. :beer:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:34 pm Dunya, I had a lot of fun playing this, please dont think I was complaining about the game. I was complaining about myself, not knowing about how the game has changed. I was having to learn as I went along, which was also fun for me, but I wasn’t as helpful to the town as I should have been.
oh i didn't think you were complaining, i was just really upset i couldn't direct you more and wanted to explain it wasn't because i didn't pay attention to your questions or ignored you...

also, you were one of the best town players. you successfully had Owner, indiglo AND Daisy in your pool of three suspects since day 0. I am sure had nutella not left that last post asking people to lynch eloh before daisy, you would have gone after daisy again as you had been doing. you played a great game and your intuition and observations were always spot on. :beer:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Spacedaisy »

Would you like me to create banners?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

[mention]Dunya[/mention] [mention]JJJ[/mention] Thank you both very much!
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syn »

Hello, come get yer banner!

@dunya

3P winner:

@Spacedaisy

Wolf winners:

@Owner of a Lonely Heart
@indiglo