Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (13/13) - roles going out

Moderator: Community Team

So, you want to be a Vault Hunter, eh?

I'm here to shank and smile! (Yes)
81%
FACEFACEFACEFACEFACEFACEFACE (Maybe/Replacement)
No votes
If I harm an innocent person, kill me. (No)
13%
NEW MISSION! I want you to blow up....THE OCEAN! (Host/Mod)
6%

Total votes: 16
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 22

Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (13/13) - roles going out

Post by speedchuck »

VAULT HUNT

This game is run with the TINYHUNT setup. It has been used before on MSPA forums and my original homesite, the Chocolate Pi forum. This is NOT a 'mafia' game, but a 'hunt' game. Hunt games are set apart by the open-setup/open-claiming rules, and the players hunt witches instead of scum/mafia.

The way this works is in the rules. Please read the rules and ask any questions in this topic while signing up. I assure you that I have played this setup several times, and have run it once before. It is balanced.

This game is Borderlands-themed, low flavor.

VAULT HUNTERS
Vault Hunters (Town) wins when all Hyperion (Witches) are dead. There are 10 town players.

Mordecai (Priest): Each night, you must check if a player is a witch.
Spoiler: show
Bloodwing (Acolyte): At the start of the game, you learn who the Priest is.
Brick (Judge): At the end of day, if the Lynch vote is tied or no lynch (no majority reached), you may pick a player to kill (note: this is NOT a lynch and does not count towards vigilante)
Axton (Vigilante): The first Night after townies die to lynches on consecutive days, you may kill a player. A Vigilante kill appears the same as a regular Witch NK.
Lilith (Oracle): Each night, pick a player. If that player was visited by any other party, you learn how many Witches were alive at the start of night. (any kill, priest check, clown throw, angel protect - inc. a deathcurse blocked angel protect).
Roland (Martyr): You may kill yourself to prevent another player from dying to the nightkill, unless they were killed by a Soup Kill. A Martyr save is obvious. (You will be told ahead of time who is about to die each night and given the option)
Salvador (Leeroy): You may kill yourself to immediately determine the Lynch target, so long as a majority has not been reached. A Leeroy lynch is obvious. As an added bonus, you will be informed of the role you kill as Leeroy.
Maya (Pope): At the end of a night where 4 or fewer players are alive, you learn which living players are in the coven.
Krieg (D.O.B.): When you die, choose another player to die with you. A DoB Revenge kill is obvious.
CL4T-TP (Clown): Each night, you may throw a pie at another player. The player hit is informed that the Clown threw a pie at them. If you hit the Pope or Leeroy, they are also told your identity.

HYPERION
Hyperion (Witches) win when all Vault Hunters (townies) are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening. Witches can freely communicate with each other and have a nightly kill. There are 3 witches.

Nisha (Demon): Each night, you are informed of who the Priest and Oracle visited, but not who visited which player.
Handsome Jack (Occultist): Each night, you are informed of the Angel's Protection target.
Wilhelm (Necromancer): Each night you learn the roles of players killed by the Witch Night Kill.

MECHANICS

Timing: Day/night will be 24/24 hours.

Lynches: Lynches are Majority. If votes are too spread apart, a lynch will not happen. Example: Game starts with 13 players. One player must receive 7 votes to be lynched.

Deaths:
Roles are not revealed upon death. (Yes, this includes lynches.)

Warrior (Soup) Kill: At night, instead of making the group Night Kill, a witch may instead choose to drink Soup. Doing so allows them to Match a player to an Innocent role one at a time until they are incorrect or choose to stop. Each correctly Matched player dies.

A successful Match will only give the 'so and so died' message. On an incorrect match, the message is 'Xanthippe the Witch attempted to Soupkill Yolanda the [incorrect role], but failed', but if no players have been killed that night with Soup, the identity of the Witch is not revealed - 'A Witch attempted to Soupkill Amelia the [incorrect role], but failed'.

For the purposes of this game, you may use the Borderlands role or typical tinyhunt role to declare targets.
For town, roleclaim if you wish. It just gives the scumteam free kills.

Butt Stallion, the Faithful Diamond Horse:
On Day 1, there is a plurality vote for Butt Stallion to be a player's friend (witches choose who wins a tie). BS always Lynch votes the same as her friend, adding an extra vote. If BS's friend dies, BS leaves the game.

New-U (Angels): Dead players become Angels in a private chat. Each Night, the Angels decide by plurality vote to Protect a player (tie = no protect). A Protected player can't die to regular kills that night (vig/witch nk). "No Protect" is a valid vote.

Angels get the results of Priest checks at the end of each night. Angels are unable to give Protection when there are four or fewer living players at the start of night. Angels may also protect the same player more than once.

Death Curse: Once per game during Day, dead Witches may cast a Death Curse, which renders any Protection that Night ineffective. After casting a Death Curse, the Witch may not vote any further in Angel chat (but can still post in it). Living players are not informed of a Death Curse. Angels are not informed of a Death Curse until the end of that night.

Witches Last Gasp:
If a Witch dies to a standard lynch (not judge or leeroy), their power continues to work for the coven that night.

Night Kill Survival:
If a player survives being killed at night there is no public announcement made. However, the player is told privately that they survived.

RULES

-Only living players may post in the game thread (I'll allow off-topic dead or non-player stuff, but be careful please)
-You may not edit or delete posts from the game thread or in any private chats you may be posting in
-You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you're specifically allowed to do so (i.e. the private chats for Witches or Angels). This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game related.
-Be Nice! We're all playing to have fun here
-If you do not vote for two days running you will be modkilled and removed from the game or replaced if there is a replacement available. If modkilled, you will lose the game regardless of your faction win. Don't let that happen to you!

Priority matters

Day Action Priority
Start of day + announcements
Day ends
Lynch if majority, allow judge to pick if no majority or no lynch (if alive)
(Day 1 only) Butt Stallion joins her friend
DoB Revenge if lynched
Witches Death Curse
Vigilante informed if he can kill

Night Action Priority
Angel Protect
Kills (Vigilante, Witch nk/soup)
DoB Revenge if killed
Martyr Save
Pope player count check
Info roles resolve - Priest, Oracle, Clown target, Pope, Angels, Demon, Occultist and Necro get info

Thirteen players needed!
1. sprityo
2. sabie12
3. Macdougall
4. nutella
5. Lunalee
6. Epignosis
7. juliets
8. novaselinever
9. muugen
10. Muriel
11. Neverwhere
12. Spacedaisy
13. jackofhearts2003

So, you want to be a Vault Hunter, eh? Good luck!
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (0/13)

Post by dunya »

this sounds like a clusterfuck and i am so in for the witch hunt.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Re: Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (1/13)

Post by sabie12 »

Hmmm I do really like borderlands. I wasn't going to play more mafia for awhile because I got really sad about the one game going terrible for me buuuuut I feel like I can't resist this one.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (3/13)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm a maybe for now. I will probably need to scale back my Mafia play for a bit and actually finish my Master's thesis.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:17 am I'm a maybe for now. I will probably need to scale back my Mafia play for a bit and actually finish my Master's thesis.
:goofp:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

This is a thirteen player game, but it is quite possible that it will only last a week or so, between all the vigs/revenge kills/soupkills and such.

And if this hunt goes well, I'll throw another 'hunt' style game into the side mission queue immediately. 'Credithunt', I think it was. [mention]sprityo[/mention] remembers it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

This sounds absolutely wild I haven't read the details bc complicated tldr but I'll try to understand it before it starts
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:07 pm This is a thirteen player game, but it is quite possible that it will only last a week or so, between all the vigs/revenge kills/soupkills and such.

And if this hunt goes well, I'll throw another 'hunt' style game into the side mission queue immediately. 'Credithunt', I think it was. @sprityo remembers it.
Fondly :feb:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (4/13)

Post by speedchuck »

I'm done hosting One Post Mafia, so I'd be ecstatic to get this filled as soon as possible!
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (5/13)

Post by Epignosis »

I'll give it a try.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 11
Aka: jules

Re: Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (6/13)

Post by juliets »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] what time are you planning for your EOD time and EON time? There are some things I don't understand in the rules but it looks very interesting. Before I sign up though I want to make sure EOD's are not too late for me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:37 am @speedchuck what time are you planning for your EOD time and EON time? There are some things I don't understand in the rules but it looks very interesting. Before I sign up though I want to make sure EOD's are not too late for me.
I didn't have a planned time. Maybe 6 PM Central time, if that's cool? 5 PM EST.

Could go later.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:09 am
juliets wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:37 am @speedchuck what time are you planning for your EOD time and EON time? There are some things I don't understand in the rules but it looks very interesting. Before I sign up though I want to make sure EOD's are not too late for me.
I didn't have a planned time. Maybe 6 PM Central time, if that's cool? 5 PM EST.

Could go later.
6 pm central would be 7 pm eastern but thats fine with me. I just can't deal with EODs that are like at 9 and 10 at night. I'm too tired to be able to focus appropriately.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:32 am
speedchuck wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:09 am

Could go later.
6 pm central would be 7 pm eastern but thats fine with me. I just can't deal with EODs that are like at 9 and 10 at night. I'm too tired to be able to focus appropriately.
Sure, right. I can set that to be the end time.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok I'm in! I will have to clarify some of the mechanics at some point because I didn't understand it all but that can wait.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (7/13)

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:13 pm Ok I'm in! I will have to clarify some of the mechanics at some point because I didn't understand it all but that can wait.
You can ask the questions whenever, or privatly once you have your role.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] here is the part I don't understand:

Warrior (Soup) Kill: At night, instead of making the group Night Kill, a witch may instead choose to drink Soup. Doing so allows them to Match a player to an Innocent role one at a time until they are incorrect or choose to stop. Each correctly Matched player dies.

What does that mean, matching a player to an innocent role?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:17 pm @speedchuck here is the part I don't understand:

What does that mean, matching a player to an innocent role?
That's a very important mechanic.

The scumteam will guess who is what role, and submit something like:
We soupkill -
Juliets as the Priest
Mac as the Acolyte
Nova as the D.O.B.

If these guesses are right, all three town players die in one night.
If the Juliets guess was wrong (she's not the priest), it shows that guess.
If the SECOND or THIRD or FOURTH (etc.) guess was wrong, it shows the failed guess AND outs the witch that was doing the killing.

The soupkill mechanic is the only thing keeping townies from claiming and solving the game. Mafia can chainkill townies if they know what role they are. It's risky though, since they give up the nightkill and will get outted on a bad chain.

Make sense? Or do I need to explain it another way?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (8/13)

Post by juliets »

Oh I see now speedchuck makes perfect sense!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

juliets wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:15 pm Oh I see now speedchuck makes perfect sense!
it's a very fun mechanic, probably my favorite of game mechanics in mafia
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]
[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]

Come play!!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] time to sign up!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] you too!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:27 pm @Sloonei you too!
I really need to hit pause on mafia for a bit. School is picking up and the last two games set me back a bit.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I have a lot going on so I’m on sabbatical for a while. Sounds fun though.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glad you've joined us, [mention]muugen[/mention]! :biggrin:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (9/13)

Post by speedchuck »

Welcome to the syndicate [mention]muugen[/mention]!

We need four more players.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

So close to an active Mafia game that I can almost smell the spilled blood. :noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:45 pm So close to an active Mafia game that I can almost smell the spilled blood. :noble:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (10/13)

Post by speedchuck »

Welcome [mention]Muriel[/mention]!
Three more needed. Let's get moving!

[mention]DFaraday[/mention] [mention]poutanko[/mention] [mention]ts account[/mention] [mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]

And whoever else!

This will be a really short game, just so you all know. I can't imagine it lasting more than a week and a half. It will likely last closer to a week, because town has some kills to fire off as well. And, well, Soupkill is a thing.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'll play since Neverwhere is playing and I want to play a game with her. :P
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (12/13)

Post by speedchuck »

One more needed!

We're on our way there.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:42 am Welcome Muriel!
Three more needed. Let's get moving!

@DFaraday @poutanko @ts account @Dragon D. Luffy

And whoever else!

This will be a really short game, just so you all know. I can't imagine it lasting more than a week and a half. It will likely last closer to a week, because town has some kills to fire off as well. And, well, Soupkill is a thing.
you underestimate how conservative our player base is :haha:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Post by novaselinenever »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] You should switch to a yes :nicenod:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention]

Lock and load.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:10 am @speedchuck

Lock and load.
YAYAYAYAYAYAY!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Vault Hunt [Sign-Ups] (13/13) - roles going out

Post by speedchuck »

Roles will be going out today!

I'll start the topic this evening.

LET'S GO!
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Roles are going out.

From this point until the game starts, please ask any questions about roles/setup privately.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Roles are out. PM me any concerns before this evening.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:07 am Roles will be going out today!

LET'S GO!
Borderlands Shirou Emiya? :scared:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:32 pm

LET'S GO!
I haven't seen Fate. :grin:

But if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, that's just how guns work. Obviously.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

No flips and dead players keep playing?

Imagine a game where nobody trusts you even though you’re town and you’ve been lynched. :haha:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:35 pm

LET'S GO!

But if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, that's just how guns work. Obviously.
They materialize into thin air because you’re pulling them out of a dimension made of unlimited guns?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:38 pm No flips and dead players keep playing?

Imagine a game where nobody trusts you even though you’re town and you’ve been lynched. :haha:
Dead players will have their own chat, in which they will be voting. Those players will no longer be posting in the thread.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:39 pm

LET'S GO!

They materialize into thin air because you’re pulling them out of a dimension made of unlimited guns?
If by dimension you mean 'your inventory', then yes. Yes indeed. And yes on the unlimited guns part.

There are several guns that, instead of reloading, you throw them and they explode like grenades. Then you materialize identical ones and keep shooting.

It is wonderful. :cloud9:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:39 pm

LET'S GO!

If by dimension you mean 'your inventory', then yes. Yes indeed. And yes on the unlimited guns part.

There are several guns that, instead of reloading, you throw them and they explode like grenades. Then you materialize identical ones and keep shooting.

It is wonderful. :cloud9:
Go watch Fate Unlimited Blade Works. You have several hours until the game needs to be open.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:47 pm Go watch Fate Unlimited Blade Works. You have several hours until the game needs to be open.
If I was going to watch Fate/stuff, is that where I should start?

(And you should watch Mob Psycho 100 if you haven't, so we're even.)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:49 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:47 pm Go watch Fate Unlimited Blade Works. You have several hours until the game needs to be open.

You should probably watch Fate/Zero first but it’s arguable.

Fate has 3 parallel timelines with UBW being one of them and Zero is the prequel to all of them. So there are some things in Zero that you will appreciate more if you see UBW first but UBWs will spoil who lives and who dies in Zero.

UBW is based on the idea “It is naive to think you can be a hero and save everyone but it is still worthwhile to strive for that” while Zero is a classic Greek tragedy so UBW is a bit more fist pumpy and Zero has a cleaner narrative.

Most of my gifs come from UBW.

Mob Psycho is on my Hulu watchlist. :grin:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:02 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:49 pm

You should probably watch Fate/Zero first but it’s arguable.

Fate has 3 parallel timelines with UBW being one of them and Zero is the prequel to all of them. So there are some things in Zero that you will appreciate more if you see UBW first but UBWs will spoil who lives and who dies in Zero.

UBW is based on the idea “It is naive to think you can be a hero and save everyone but it is still worthwhile to strive for that” while Zero is a classic Greek tragedy so UBW is a bit more fist pumpy and Zero has a cleaner narrative.

Mob Psycho is on my Hulu watchlist. :grin:
:nicenod: thanks, I'll put UBW on mine
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Yay! This is my first game in forever. Let me go read up on the extra rules to this game...

Return to “Previous Side Mission Sign-Ups”