Lunaflea
No votes
MacDoofus
No votes
novaselineevenifI'mstuck
No votes
speed#%&$
9%
Christina Ricci (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
55%

Total votes: 11
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 177

Re: The Addams Family Mafia [Day 3]

Post by novaselinenever »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:08 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:00 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:15 pm Do you visit people at night Juliet?
No I don't.
Then you're our last baddie.

If you're town please don't withhold any information like Leetic to avoid being a target. You're already one.
Juliets, you missed this.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:20 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:13 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:58 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:34 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:24 pm He was jailed last night, and no you haven't missed anything. Mac has been pretty apathetic
So you're saying that leetic jailing him would override him killing leetic? What makes you think that?
I'm leaning there yep. 'Cause it makes the most sense.
How does it make the most sense? It doesn't make sense to me. Why would his power go through if he was killed?
Action resolution.
Did you ask Epi about this? And he told you if someone killed someone else their power would still go through?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 97

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:28 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:13 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:58 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:34 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:24 pm He was jailed last night, and no you haven't missed anything. Mac has been pretty apathetic
So you're saying that leetic jailing him would override him killing leetic? What makes you think that?
I'm leaning there yep. 'Cause it makes the most sense.
How does it make the most sense? It doesn't make sense to me. Why would his power go through if he was killed?
Action resolution.
Did you ask Epi about this? And he told you if someone killed someone else their power would still go through?
What's the point of the power if it doesn't block kills?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Let me rephrase:

If the jailing doesn't take effect BEFORE the kill, then it can't block the kill on anyone. There would have to be a specific clause "does not effect mafia" for me to be scum.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

speedchuck wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:07 pm Let me rephrase:

If the jailing doesn't take effect BEFORE the kill, then it can't block the kill on anyone. There would have to be a specific clause "does not effect mafia" for me to be scum.
You could still be a strongman though so slow down there partner.
novaselinenever
Hitman

I'm still waiting on Juliets clarification.
novaselinenever
Hitman

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:15 pm Do you visit people at night Juliet?
No I don't.

If you're town please don't withhold any information like Leetic to avoid being a target. You're already one.
[mention]juliets[/mention]
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:11 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:07 pm Let me rephrase:

You could still be a strongman though so slow down there partner.
Sure. I suppose that makes sense.

Weird for balance, but it makes sense.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

No I don't.

juliets
nova I absolutely DID NOT visit Mac and block him. Believe what you will but that did NOT HAPPEN. Maybe someone else blocked him, maybe he forgot to send the invention, maybe speed is not telling the truth, maybe Mac is not an inventor. There may be more options but those are the ones that come to mind.

I am still in discord today dealing with security but I will try and check back here as the day goes on.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:51 am
No I don't.

juliets
nova I absolutely DID NOT visit Mac and block him. Believe what you will but that did NOT HAPPEN. Maybe someone else blocked him, maybe he forgot to send the invention, maybe speed is not telling the truth, maybe Mac is not an inventor. There may be more options but those are the ones that come to mind.

I am still in discord today dealing with security but I will try and check back here as the day goes on.
Then did you perform any other action and you're acting like Leetic? Don't stall information especially when it could save you if you're town. I don't think Mac's lying so it's between you and Speed.

I'm a Motion Detector and I can target someone to see if they performed an action which you did last night.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Also how can we have 1 posts in 14 hours? :disappoint:

We haven't won this game.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Also the Jailkeeper is apparently weak against a Mafia role blocker. IF they block each other, the fk would go through nonetheless. That means Speed could be it, and he blocked Leetic to kill him and he's lying about not receiving Mac's items.
novaselinenever
Hitman

It doesn't mean anything though unless Juliets is withholding information
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mac isn't helping either :disappoint:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:31 pm I'm a Motion Detector and I can target someone to see if they performed an action which you did last night.
Heist games are limited to three roles.

We have a claim of Motion Detector, of Inventor, and of Jailkeeper. Jailkeeper is verified.

Three town power roles. All that against 2 scumpeople? Maybe. I guess.

If Nova is telling the truth, either Juliets is scum or she has a town role of some sort and Mac is lying scum.
If Nova is not telling the truth, he is scum.

Waitwaitwait.

[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] Let's assume that you, Mac, and Leetic are our three power roles. How did I not receive anything last night? Can't have a roleblocker. How did Juliets act? Can't have another civvie town role.

Something is screwy.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Exactly. I was just about to post similar thoughts. Something is not right here.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:00 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:31 pm I'm a Motion Detector and I can target someone to see if they performed an action which you did last night.

We have a claim of Motion Detector, of Inventor, and of Jailkeeper. Jailkeeper is verified.

If Nova is telling the truth, either Juliets is scum or she has a town role of some sort and Mac is lying scum.

Waitwaitwait.

@novaselinenever Let's assume that you, Mac, and Leetic are our three power roles. How did I not receive anything last night? Can't have a roleblocker. How did Juliets act? Can't have another civvie town role.

Something is screwy.
You should have let Juliets and Mac answer and react. I'm not a Motion Detector obviously.

Linki - Are you sure about that lol?
novaselinenever
Hitman

speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:00 pm

Waitwaitwait.

@novaselinenever Let's assume that you, Mac, and Leetic are our three power roles. How did I not receive anything last night? Can't have a roleblocker. How did Juliets act? Can't have another civvie town role.

Something is screwy.
This is another point in Mac's favor. I don't think we have 1 power role for each faction, two civvie ones and the last one being a baddie makes the most sense. Also fake claiming Inventor is really risky unless he's a baddie inventor which also wouldn't make sense 'cause in that case, his items would have been sent to fake confirm himself.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Juliets reaction to the DDL suspicion and her handling of him were red flags on my reread. She was acting a bit ignorant and saying stuff "except bla bla bla, what's the case on DDL" and she was mostly agreeing with stuff. She also mentioned the re-read of a previous DDL game before voting Jack, yet she didn't do it and reach the conclusion to vote him until I came in and pushed her for it.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:10 pm You should have let Juliets and Mac answer and react. I'm not a Motion Detector obviously.
:wall: My bad
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

I honestly think it's Juliets. Outside of the whole reread of her I did and the DDL interactions, I got some bad vibes when I was prodding her earlier. She wasn't arguing like I think a townie would, she was evasive and her mechanical talk trying to shade Mac and Speed felt disingenuous. The whole "did you ask epi about bla bla bla" and "someone's power when they get killed" is some shady defense.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Speed is second in line and I don't feel like repeating why is that. I don't think he did a suicide by Jack lol
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:15 pm Juliets reaction to the DDL suspicion and her handling of him were red flags on my reread. She was acting a bit ignorant and saying stuff "except bla bla bla, what's the case on DDL" and she was mostly agreeing with stuff. She also mentioned the re-read of a previous DDL game before voting Jack, yet she didn't do it and reach the conclusion to vote him until I came in and pushed her for it.
First, Luna also made a post that was "except bla bla, bla whats the case on DDL" and you did not call her out. I ALWAYS ask questions like that, see any game I've ever played. Also I re-read the beginning to U-Pick first, didn't find what I wanted and went on to Community. That takes time. I found what I was looking for in Community and then shortly after you posted your "push". I AM NOT THE BAD ONE! But I don't have loads of time to argue with you about it. If you want to lynch me go ahead. Then afterward you can lynch speed.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:57 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:15 pm Juliets reaction to the DDL suspicion and her handling of him were red flags on my reread. She was acting a bit ignorant and saying stuff "except bla bla bla, what's the case on DDL" and she was mostly agreeing with stuff. She also mentioned the re-read of a previous DDL game before voting Jack, yet she didn't do it and reach the conclusion to vote him until I came in and pushed her for it.
First, Luna also made a post that was "except bla bla, bla whats the case on DDL" and you did not call her out. I ALWAYS ask questions like that, see any game I've ever played. Also I re-read the beginning to U-Pick first, didn't find what I wanted and went on to Community. That takes time. I found what I was looking for in Community and then shortly after you posted your "push". I AM NOT THE BAD ONE! But I don't have loads of time to argue with you about it. If you want to lynch me go ahead. Then afterward you can lynch speed.
Luna was the first one to express a gut read on baddie DDL, she beat me to it by a linki.

So you're certain that Speed is our last baddie?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Why aren't voting Speed?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:02 pm Why aren't voting Speed?
I just haven't gotten around to it but I will go ahead and do it now.

[VOTE: speed] aubergine

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[VOTE: Juliets] aubergine
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Lol.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I guess if nobody even wants to even talk about this there is no reason for me to be in here.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

I'm here to talk and have been throughout the day.
novaselinenever
Hitman

I've been checking on the game like every half an hour or so lol.
novaselinenever
Hitman

And mostly talking to myself.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Epignosis »

Who Left Lurch in the Lurch?

Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.
You may select 1 option

juliguts
40%

Voters: MacDougall, novaselinenever, Lunalee, speedchuck

Lunaflea
No votes

Voters: None

MacDoofus
No votes

novaselineevenifI'mstuck
No votes

speed#%&$
10%

Voters: juliets

Christina Ricci (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Voters: Jackofhearts2005, leetic, Epignosis, Dragon D. Luffy, JaggedJimmyJay

Total votes: 10
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: The Addams Family Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by Epignosis »

I've Got to Hand it To You...

Thing found a pen. With it, Thing wrote the following note:

"I am a part of a clock. I can be folded in Poker or passed in Bridge. I am a transitive verb. I am the measurement of horses. And yet in this house I am regarded as 'Thing.' I am so much more than that. I have had enough of this abuse. I am leaving."

After penning his message, Thing scurried out of the mansion and into the street, where he was hit by Cousin Itt's automobile, squashed flat.

Cousin Itt had gone out to get potato chips and Alberto VO5.

juliguts has been lynched.

She was Thing, the Mafia Roleblocker.

The civilians have won.

novaselinenever
Hitman

novaselinenever
Hitman

Thanks for the game Epi!
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Finally! My nearly three year long losing streak was finally killed once and for all! GG
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

LOL - Wow it was really hard Day 1 because DDL was really busy all day so I couldn't talk to him about bussing him, and I didn't want to do it without talking to him about it. So I ended up doing it late. I should have just stayed on Jack. Anyway, fun game Epi. And does anyone know what happened to Mac's invention? I blocked Mac night 1 so I couldn't do it again last night. Did leetics block keep speed from getting the invention?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:42 pm LOL - Wow it was really hard Day 1 because DDL was really busy all day so I couldn't talk to him about bussing him, and I didn't want to do it without talking to him about it. So I ended up doing it late. I should have just stayed on Jack. Anyway, fun game Epi. And does anyone know what happened to Mac's invention? I blocked Mac night 1 so I couldn't do it again last night. Did leetics block keep speed from getting the invention?
He never sent in a PM. :goofp:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:42 pm LOL - Wow it was really hard Day 1 because DDL was really busy all day so I couldn't talk to him about bussing him, and I didn't want to do it without talking to him about it. So I ended up doing it late. I should have just stayed on Jack. Anyway, fun game Epi. And does anyone know what happened to Mac's invention? I blocked Mac night 1 so I couldn't do it again last night. Did leetics block keep speed from getting the invention?
Lol how did it feel when I asked you if you were gonna bus DDL already? :haha:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:49 pm
He never sent in a PM. :goofp:
I had a feeling that had happened.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Leetic and Nova are town mvps. Both played a big part in DDL’s lynch, which allowed Leetic to go on and confirm two townies.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:10 pm Leetic and Nova are town mvps. Both played a big part in DDL’s lynch, which allowed Leetic to go on and confirm two townies.
You were great. Sorry for lynching you :hug:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Uncle Fester (Mac) had a Lie Detect to give, a Vanilla Detect to give, and BTSC for one phase he could give himself.
Lurch (Leetic) was a jailkeeper.

juliets was the mafia role blocker (and since this question came up, the mafia role block would overpower the jailkeep).

Everybody else was vanilla.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:35 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:10 pm Leetic and Nova are town mvps. Both played a big part in DDL’s lynch, which allowed Leetic to go on and confirm two townies.
You were great. Sorry for lynching you :hug:
Speed was town, too, so it worked itself out. :biggrin:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Good game, gang. :beer:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I need five more for Steely Dan Mafia.

I promise this will be a fun one.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 14#p516414
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Good job my fellow civs!
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Why was I killed off so soon? I figured I was kinda sucking and not much of a threat
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~

Return to “Previous Heists”