Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:37 pm Jackofhearts2005 - I always lie about "pm'ing the host". Like pm'ing Epi for clarification about what my role can and can't do. It was a fake role. Of course I didn't pm Epi or get a response. That's still within game boundaries and you are getting that "host confirmation" you like without breaking rules.
I don't think that in an ideal game the host should ever be mentioned by players period. It may not always be feasible, but any usage of the host to propel any agenda (civilian or mafia) is lame IMO.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Also I don't remember whether anyone said anything, and I'm not going to go digging -- but if any mafioso in this game used that deleted post incident against me even for a second, that was bullshit. :meany:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:46 pm
dunya wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:59 pm I think the discussion should be more than just about deadline times: the complaints in this game were about the flurry of activity around the deadline contributing to the feeling of being lost. I think this has more to do with the pacing of a game rather than its scheduling.
Perhaps trying a game with the hammer voting that speedchuck mentioned or implementing an x-number of times someone is allowed to change their vote type of rule could try to help us find balance so people don't always feel overwhelmed at end of day. Just a couple thoughts. The latter is harder to implement if it's a crazy number, but something like 2-3 vote changes a day phase could work.
I'm a bit hesitant to implement hammer voting just as a means to avoid this issue. Hammer voting is an entirely different format than deadline voting and changes a lot of things. That's not to say we can't implement it. The more variety we have in our games, the more fresh things will be.

Limiting the number of vote changes would also be an interesting tweak. My only concern would be enforcement of the rule (players don't always announce their votes, and so hosts/other players do not always see them), but I'm sure it could be managed. We'd just have to make sure it's emphasized.
I've been considering running a special game in the pure hammer format -- no deadlines exist at all, and a day cannot end until a hammer is reached. Maybe if people like that, it can become a unique game type. :ponder:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 773

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:51 pm Also I don't remember whether anyone said anything, and I'm not going to go digging -- but if any mafioso in this game used that deleted post incident against me even for a second, that was bullshit. :meany:
No, we were all kind of upset how you took it into your hands and handled it instead of Epi though. I thought that was kinda rude to Epi. I also didn't like the whole leetic accidental mafia flip incident. Another instance where Epignosis was tagged in the game rather than alerted privately to correct his mistake before people can make a big issue out of things.

When the host has a rule to PM him, and people don't, that sucks fun out of the game for both alignment sometimes. It's practically trying to town confirm oneself through the host.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:51 pm Also I don't remember whether anyone said anything, and I'm not going to go digging -- but if any mafioso in this game used that deleted post incident against me even for a second, that was bullshit. :meany:
No, we were all kind of upset how you took it into your hands and handled it instead of Epi though. I thought that was kinda rude to Epi. I also didn't like the whole leetic accidental mafia flip incident. Another instance where Epignosis was tagged in the game rather than alerted privately to correct his mistake before people can make a big issue out of things.

When the host has a rule to PM him, and people don't, that sucks fun out of the game for both alignment sometimes. It's practically trying to town confirm oneself through the host.
I had no choice. Epi didn't know what I was talking about when I PMed him, and if I am going to be suspected for something I could not control whatsoever, then you bet your ass I am going to say something. I started with the host, but when I had no option left I did what I had to do. That's not Epi's fault -- it was a shit sandwich. If anyone thinks I am just going to sit on that though and let people tell me that I slipped, that's horseshit.

Regarding leetic, I didn't know whether it was an accident or not. I probably should have PMed that, but in the heat of a mafia flip I reacted in real-time. There was no intent to "town clear" myself -- that never works anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 362

Post by novaselinenever »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:46 pm
dunya wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:59 pm I think the discussion should be more than just about deadline times: the complaints in this game were about the flurry of activity around the deadline contributing to the feeling of being lost. I think this has more to do with the pacing of a game rather than its scheduling.
Perhaps trying a game with the hammer voting that speedchuck mentioned or implementing an x-number of times someone is allowed to change their vote type of rule could try to help us find balance so people don't always feel overwhelmed at end of day. Just a couple thoughts. The latter is harder to implement if it's a crazy number, but something like 2-3 vote changes a day phase could work.
I'm a bit hesitant to implement hammer voting just as a means to avoid this issue. Hammer voting is an entirely different format than deadline voting and changes a lot of things. That's not to say we can't implement it. The more variety we have in our games, the more fresh things will be.

Limiting the number of vote changes would also be an interesting tweak. My only concern would be enforcement of the rule (players don't always announce their votes, and so hosts/other players do not always see them), but I'm sure it could be managed. We'd just have to make sure it's emphasized.
I've been considering running a special game in the pure hammer format -- no deadlines exist at all, and a day cannot end until a hammer is reached. Maybe if people like that, it can become a unique game type. :ponder:
Please don't. It's absolute hell :srsnod:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I can't even imagine a game like JJJ describes, lol!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hour 853 of Day 1 slips by with no end in sight.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have never played one like that before. No idea what to expect. :grin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

They used to be common in my home forum. They were usually soft capped at 5 days though, 'cause the lack of deadline to reach majority resulted in a circular flow that went nowhere.

You kind of need that looming deadline to make people productive and work together lol.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I thought NF was your home forum. What's you're home forum, [mention]novaselinenever[/mention] ?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 210
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

dunya wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:49 pm I thought NF was your home forum. What's you're home forum, novaselinenever ?
Apparently he started playing in NF, OJ and Syndicate at the same time.

I first met him when a guy named Crugyr started inviting people to play my game and I was full in sign ups, so I basically redirected them all to TS. So nova joined it here. But he already came from somewhere else.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:45 pm They used to be common in my home forum. They were usually soft capped at 5 days though, 'cause the lack of deadline to reach majority resulted in a circular flow that went nowhere.

You kind of need that looming deadline to make people productive and work together lol.
That sounds like a good idea, to cap it at some number of days. Our games would last eons without that I think.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:53 pm
dunya wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:49 pm I thought NF was your home forum. What's you're home forum, novaselinenever ?

I first met him when a guy named Crugyr started inviting people to play my game and I was full in sign ups, so I basically redirected them all to TS. So nova joined it here. But he already came from somewhere else.
That moment when DDL quotes your typo of you're instead of your and you can no longer sneak an edit. :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:59 pm

That moment when DDL quotes your typo of you're instead of your and you can no longer sneak an edit. :p
ha your such a goober
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:49 pm I thought NF was your home forum. What's you're home forum, @novaselinenever ?
OJ, but I branched out immediately thanks to DDL and another OJ-er.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

so uh hey, does anyone want to sub into my game now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:54 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:45 pm They used to be common in my home forum. They were usually soft capped at 5 days though, 'cause the lack of deadline to reach majority resulted in a circular flow that went nowhere.

That sounds like a good idea, to cap it at some number of days. Our games would last eons without that I think.
Even with a cap, imagine a 5 days phase lol

:faint:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:08 pm
dunya wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:59 pm

ha your such a goober
:goofp: i know right?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:08 pm
dunya wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:49 pm I thought NF was your home forum. What's you're home forum, @novaselinenever ?
Has Oro Jackson ever had either A) an OJ Simpson Trial themed game, or B) an Orange Juice themed game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Why is the site called Oro Jackson? Who is that?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:10 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:08 pm
Has Oro Jackson ever had either A) an OJ Simpson Trial themed game, or B) an Orange Juice themed game?
Never :shrug2:
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:28 pm Why is the site called Oro Jackson? Who is that?
It's the name of a famous ship in One Piece :llama:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:30 pm
juliets wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:28 pm Why is the site called Oro Jackson? Who is that?
It's the name of a famous ship in One Piece :llama:
Ok I see, thanks nova

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Oro_Jackson
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

OOOH it looks just like our Gasparilla Pirate ship!

Oh actually, not really - I think it looks like our Buccaners pirate ship.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

I hope everyone had a good time.

I hope everyone experienced frustration from time to time.

I hope everyone listened to at least one Steely Dan tune.

I hope I win a lot of money this week.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
novaselinenever
Hitman

I listened to Aja :noble:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:58 pm I listened to Aja :noble:
Incredible song.

Now go listen to seven more.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Next album I do I'll get Carly Rae Jepsen and Syd Barrett and Lorde and Walter Becker to back me up.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:47 pm I hope everyone had a good time.

It was a very clever game Epi, full of twists and turns - just the way I like it. And Deacon Blues is an ear worm in my head.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 66

Post by MacDougall »

Lol
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I listened to about 5 or so at once.

Not really my type of music but it was enjoyable.

Maybe I'll listren to some more now.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Yes, YES, yes, I hope so too!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hall of Fame is updated apart from the spreadsheet, which I'll get to shortly.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 6]

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:26 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:17 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:06 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:02 pm Luna/Eloh/Dunya

???
Quin?
quin is always here.

genuinely miss his presence in the games. @Quin
:cloud9: I should be able to get into one after semester ends. Most of my time is being lost to my coursework right now.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 6]

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:49 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:26 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:17 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:06 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:02 pm Luna/Eloh/Dunya

???
Quin?
quin is always here.

genuinely miss his presence in the games. Quin
:cloud9: I should be able to get into one after semester ends. Most of my time is being lost to my coursework right now.
:hugs:

so when does your semester end? :grin:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”