Total votes: 11
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [GAME OVER]

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:51 pm
dunya wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:49 pm Ultra, we have a few games in signup right now waiting on a few players to run. You should totally sign up if you have time and feel able, lots of people would love to play with you again. :)
Got anything starting soon? My chaps game is in 2 weeks.
I'll have my binoculars out for that one.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:49 pm Ultra, we have a few games in signup right now waiting on a few players to run. You should totally sign up if you have time and feel able, lots of people would love to play with you again. :)
The job is likely to be starting soonest, but if your champs is in 2 weeks, I dunno if you wanna commit to 48/24 phases in a 20-player game. Up to you! :beer:

Which champs # game are you in?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 273
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:42 pm Omg I was so happy about reading Jay and nutella correctly I didn't notice Mac was bad too.

Damn.

I need to scrap my Mac definitions. They suck.
But I've obtained nutella definitions. This is huge. Nutella is normally hard to read. I now know how nutella feels like when she's part of a towncore, because it wasn't present here.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 538
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:52 pm I also think that the build, at least in this sites meta, favoured us. No night chat was a big deal.
I have mixed feelings. On balance, I don't like the setup. Randomizing alignments to this set of roles means that the game can be super skewed in either direction depending upon the dice.

In our case, I think the mafia team had one significant disadvantage: we couldn't kill anyone we wanted to kill until Night 5. Two jailers, two doctors, one JOAT, two trackers, and two watchers -- holy hell we had to tip toe around every damned thing to get anything done.

Locked nights were a huge advantage for us though. Just imagine if DDL had been able to rip us a new asshole on Night 5 before we killed him. That made a big difference in this game.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 139
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:52 pm I also think that the build, at least in this sites meta, favoured us. No night chat was a big deal.
Strongly agree. Thread lock during night is a substantial skew in the mafia's favor. I know it's pretty standard on many other sites but I think perhaps a couple other details about this setup combined with it give the mafia an unfair advantage, and judging by how the champs games so far are going I just might be right.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:54 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:39 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:32 pm I just need to learn how to convince other people now.
While we're talking about what makes a good civilian, this right here is the most undervalued aspect of strong civilian play in my experience. Producing accurate reads is only half the battle. Other people need to be on board with those reads too.

Unless you're a vigilante. But vigilantes are dumb.
Have good instincts.
Be compelling in your cases.
Know when you drop a bad case and follow someone else.

I personally have always had number one but I only developed number two and three very recently.
I developed 3 first and I think recently I've been developing 1.

Only 2 left I guess.
i'll never have the drive to get good at 2, i want people to develop a talent for reading my brain instead. :p
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:42 pm Omg I was so happy about reading Jay and nutella correctly I didn't notice Mac was bad too.

Damn.

I need to scrap my Mac definitions. They suck.
When you think you know the answers I change the questions.
I'm locked in an "agressive Mac = civ" tell which has worked before but it's clearly not an actual pattern.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:56 pm
I have mixed feelings. On balance, I don't like the setup. Randomizing alignments to this set of roles means that the game can be super skewed in either direction depending upon the dice.

In our case, I think the mafia team had one significant disadvantage: we couldn't kill anyone we wanted to kill until Night 5. Two jailers, two doctors, one JOAT, two trackers, and two watchers -- holy hell we had to tip toe around every damned thing to get anything done.

Locked nights were a huge advantage for us though. Just imagine if DDL had been able to rip us a new asshole on Night 5 before we killed him. That made a big difference in this game.
Fair enough about kill suppression dangers, but still the randomized roles mean that mafia can safely claim and stuff
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Going into the tournament a lot of the chatter on MU was about how much the setup favors town. But, in this game at least, it seemed like every break went in favor of you guys. None of the roles are really that powerful, unless both vigilantes roll town and then hit scum on their shots, and the locked night thread is definitely an advantage for mafia. Though I did agree with some of the folks who commented elsewhere that it was a bit of a relief to have space to step away from the game without feeling any pressure about doing so.

Mafia also won the first preliminary game, though I believe 100% of that can be attributed to nutella's early death.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 249

Post by Dragomir »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:49 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:56 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:51 pm They really did bus each other. :|
It didn't go your way in the end, but you played a super respectable game my dude. You faced suspicion every phase of this game and you were never lynched. That's no easy feat, and you should be proud of it.
The only reason for those lynches being avoided was that I viewed as a scummy town, someone too scummy to be a wolf. What's there to be proud of in there? All of my reads were wrong and I literally town read the entire mafia squad. Even Ultra I leaned more on civ than scum. Kept pushing for the wrong ppl, never voted for a single scum and my play was detrimental and a distraction to town.

There is nothing respectable or to be proud of in my entire play this game.
Ok learn this one thing.

You suck at scumhunting.

I suck at scumhunting.

Everyone sucks at scumhunting.

This thing is not exact science. If it was no one would play mafia because it would be boring. All tells stop working the moment someone points them out, because mafia can adapt. WIFOM is everywhere. All methods are fallible.

The best town players don't make a 100% win chance, they just barely push it above 50%.

That doesn't mean you can never trust your instincts, but if winning as a team is hard, winning alone is nearly impossible. You will get some reads wrong every game, and you need other townies to help you find the right direction. Damn, people are praising me now and I voted for a townie last night.

So you need to learn to doubt yourself. Your instincts could be right, but they could be wrong. Learn to be aware of that at all times. Listen to other people. They may be onto something you're not. That doesn't mean you need to lose your initiative, but you need to learn to control it. Don't be a sheep, but don't be a blind wolf either.
Thank you. I'll put this in my mind in a safe box.

Just one thing I want to argue though. Town can adapt as well, or just become better than they did last DP. If mafia is going to adapt to make sure that they will change their play and remove the tells that were pointed out at first, then a townie can notice such awareness by the player and the desire to be a core town. I don't believe a townie should care(for the most part) about their scum tells and scumminess as long as they're still scum hunting and trying to game solve.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:50 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:38 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:59 pm Don't think I'll ever say my town reads again. I just got pocketed by the entire mafia squad.
That's definitely not the mistake you made.

The mistake you made was being overconfident on your baddie reads.
Lol, can't help it. Just what happens when I have a super strong scum read on someone and I haven't been convinced otherwise.
No one will provide a solid argument for why you are wrong because no one is sure of it either.

They'll just say "huh" and leave you to focus on other things.

Until one of them decides to listen to you and a baddie joins the wagon and BOOM, mislynch.

If you can't second guess your own reads, no one can save you either.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Y'all are raising good points about the composition of an ideal civilian. I have a five-pronged image now:

1) Make good reads / have good instincts (the dunyas and Macs)

2) Pursue those reads in such a manner that others will be compelled to follow (the Jays and Goldens)

3) Avoid the noose (the Epis)

4) Promote a thread climate conducive to effective hunting (the Slooneis and MPs)

5) Know when to play the role of the follower (numerous)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 pm Just one thing I want to argue though. Town can adapt as well, or just become better than they did last DP. If mafia is going to adapt to make sure that they will change their play and remove the tells that were pointed out at first, then a townie can notice such awareness by the player and the desire to be a core town. I don't believe a townie should care(for the most part) about their scum tells and scumminess as long as they're still scum hunting and trying to game solve.
Oh of course, all of that can happen. That's why this game is so hard, for both factions.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 pm
Mafia also won the first preliminary game, though I believe 100% of that can be attributed to nutella's early death.
LOL :keys: I would have pushed for lynching fura at least, and at least tried to get jack under more scrutiny than the undeserved zero, but Backpack was like the Mac of that game for me. I never would have sniffed him out.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 244

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:01 pm Y'all are raising good points about the composition of an ideal civilian. I have a five-pronged image now:

2) Pursue those reads in such a manner that others will be compelled to follow (the Jays and Goldens)

4) Promote a thread climate conducive to effective hunting (the Slooneis and MPs)

I don't do any of that. :haha:

Sometimes #4, maybe. I'm the 'voice of reason' at times.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:01 pm Y'all are raising good points about the composition of an ideal civilian. I have a five-pronged image now:

I smell an incoming uppity youtube presentation. :kadaj:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 pm Mafia also won the first preliminary game, though I believe 100% of that can be attributed to nutella's early death.
Thank you for the reminder.

[mention]nutella[/mention] did an awesome job representing The Syndicate in her game on MU. Her team didn't fare well, but that's because they lost her to a mafia team that couldn't handle her on Night 2. She is a firecracker of a civilian, and her style is one that I struggle mightily to contain if I am bad. No read she makes can be taken as gospel because of her capacity to see the other side of the matter, and it makes her entirely unpredictable. Mafia teams like to know what to expect. It's impossible with nutella, and they shot her for it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

My least favorite role is the vigilante by the way. I cannot use it effectively. I shot Jack and knew it was stupid but I felt if I didn't, I'd have him on my ass all game.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

On another news, after 5 years I still have zero idea of how to read [mention]Soneji[/mention]

And when I complained to him on Discord, he told me my case was good for lynching WPK but not for lynching Soneji (WPK is how he's called in NF)

Because apparently he plays different here.

Godanmit.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:03 pm
LOL :keys: I would have pushed for lynching fura at least, and at least tried to get jack under more scrutiny than the undeserved zero, but Backpack was like the Mac of that game for me. I never would have sniffed him out.
I've always felt the tournament itself favors mafia teams for the same reason you guys had an advantage here: nobody knows each other. It's super easy to get away with phony behavior when no one knows what your authentic self looks like.

That's not to say it's not an awesome event and tons of fun to participate in. But it's a thing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 228

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 2]

Post by novaselinenever »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:11 pm [VOTE: JJJ] aubergine

I don't believe your progression on Ultra.
A few days later

>Nova: Jay is town

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:07 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:03 pm
I've always felt the tournament itself favors mafia teams for the same reason you guys had an advantage here: nobody knows each other. It's super easy to get away with phony behavior when no one knows what your authentic self looks like.

That's not to say it's not an awesome event and tons of fun to participate in. But it's a thing.
Yeah that's another good point. We were just out there throwing around townreads based on wildly differing standards.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:06 pm My least favorite role is the vigilante by the way. I cannot use it effectively. I shot Jack and knew it was stupid but I felt if I didn't, I'd have him on my ass all game.
Completely agree. Vigilante is such a volatile role. I don't like it. Hosting a game with two of them was an unpleasant sensation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:09 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:06 pm My least favorite role is the vigilante by the way. I cannot use it effectively. I shot Jack and knew it was stupid but I felt if I didn't, I'd have him on my ass all game.
Completely agree. Vigilante is such a volatile role. I don't like it. Hosting a game with two of them was an unpleasant sensation.
At least I took my chances and didn't shoot Drag, which would have been a failure as well. So there's that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Vigilante is that role you add because it makes large games end faster but it doesn't actually help its faction as much.
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:29 pm Hey @novaselinenever guess what
I have no idea what you're talking about :noble:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And I do agree this setup is shit.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I love being a vigilante. Such power. In the absence of a better idea I usually just shoot a lurker. It can be a great weapon though to use against someone who is good at getting out of lynches. I'm glad DDL wasn't a vigilante. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:11 pm Vigilante is that role you add because it makes large games end faster but it doesn't actually help its faction as much.
I don't object to them- I just hate playing as them. I hate fucking up a teammate's game.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think it is one of the most powerful roles in the game. It just has immense swing depending upon the shot. I was legitimately annoyed when the N3 vigilante didn't kill another civilian for us. XD

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Like, my whole Civilian Doctrine is about functioning as a team. A vigilante is the antithesis of that. It's one player tasked with eliminating another player on their own.

Whenever I'm a vigilante or have a gun I try to make it a public decision as best I can. If info dumping is allowed I just tell everyone I've got a gun and ask who I should shoot.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:12 pm I love being a vigilante. Such power. In the absence of a better idea I usually just shoot a lurker. It can be a great weapon though to use against someone who is good at getting out of lynches. I'm glad DDL wasn't a vigilante. :meany:
I only ever considered shooting you for fun.

I should have had fun.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:11 pm
:haha:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:14 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:11 pm
:haha:
But I bet juliets does :dark:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 249

Post by Dragomir »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:12 pm I love being a vigilante. Such power. In the absence of a better idea I usually just shoot a lurker. It can be a great weapon though to use against someone who is good at getting out of lynches. I'm glad DDL wasn't a vigilante. :meany:
My kind of man.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:13 pm Like, my whole Civilian Doctrine is about functioning as a team. A vigilante is the antithesis of that. It's one player tasked with eliminating another player on their own.

Whenever I'm a vigilante or have a gun I try to make it a public decision as best I can. If info dumping is allowed I just tell everyone I've got a gun and ask who I should shoot.
Mafia gets a say in that though.

I hated this particular vigilante spot because I'm required to act on a certain night. That sucks. I can't hold my shot until I'm ready. I'm like that guy in American Pie.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

If I'm a vig I think I shoot inactives, people I want to policy lynch, the guy who almost got lynched yesterday, stuff like that.

What I don't do is try to gamesolve with a vig role. That's why I might not have shot Jay if I was it.
novaselinenever
Hitman

I had Jay as Town past N2 'cause I was role-cop and copped him as Voyeur. I figured if he performed the kill, it'd have been spiked as strongman, so the failed kill wasn't him getting blocked rather him getting protected.

I guess he didn't modify it on N1 :pout:
Ultra
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Ultra »

dunya wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:55 pm
The job is likely to be starting soonest, but if your champs is in 2 weeks, I dunno if you wanna commit to 48/24 phases in a 20-player game. Up to you! :beer:

48 hr DP is still doable if I have to commit less, probably.

Worse case scenario I can use it as an excuse in my champs game if the two cross over :disappoint:

Also, I plan on starting a sopranos game soon on The Millennium Forums. No exact date yet. If any of you would be interested in that.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:17 pm I had Jay as Town past N2 'cause I was role-cop and copped him as Voyeur. I figured if he performed the kill, it'd have been spiked as strongman, so the failed kill wasn't him getting blocked rather him getting protected.

I guess he didn't modify it on N1 :pout:
Yup. We targeted Jack on N1 thinking it was a high-productivity kill with less likelihood of being protected. But then I got jailed instead of Jack. So. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:13 pm Like, my whole Civilian Doctrine is about functioning as a team. A vigilante is the antithesis of that. It's one player tasked with eliminating another player on their own.

Mafia gets a say in that though.

I hated this particular vigilante spot because I'm required to act on a certain night. That sucks. I can't hold my shot until I'm ready. I'm like that guy in American Pie.
They do, but mafia has a say in everything that happens in the thread so they've already influenced me before I start waving my gun around. And telling people I'm packing heat produces some valuable reactions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I also wanted to get Night-1-kill vengeance on Jack for Shockheaded Peter. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Ultra wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:17 pm
dunya wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:55 pm

48 hr DP is still doable if I have to commit less, probably.

Worse case scenario I can use it as an excuse in my champs game if the two cross over :disappoint:

Also, I plan on starting a sopranos game soon on The Millennium Forums. No exact date yet. If any of you would be interested in that.
Oh, a link to signup would be great!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Whenever it runs, I mean. I'm sure a few of us would play. :)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I love the sopranos. Cried when it was over.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Feel free to link us there. We've also got a thread for off-site games here, if you feel like advertising to everyone on the Syndicate. We only bite a little bit.

I may check it out, but I'm not sure I can sign up for this game right now. A) Because I'm not sure I can fit another game into my schedule at the moment, and B) because The Sopranos is near the very top of my Shows I Should Watch list and I don't want to risk exposing myself to spoilers before I get to it. :p
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:06 pm On another news, after 5 years I still have zero idea of how to read @Soneji

And when I complained to him on Discord, he told me my case was good for lynching WPK but not for lynching Soneji (WPK is how he's called in NF)

Godanmit.
I've seen Soneji play a few times and he's a pretty tough read because he minimizes inconsistencies in his meta with low volume but high effort wall posts.

Aside from scrutinizing his reasoning I think a good approach for him or the "analysis" type players is to try and get into their mindset and ask if what he picked out from the thread makes sense. For example, are they not scrutinizing a certain player when they should, or are they focusing on the most relevant situations of the thread? Are they being stiff and non-topical? Do you strongly vibe with their points? etc
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:26 pm I love the sopranos. Cried when it was over.
Bet you thought your TV went out.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ultra wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:28 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:06 pm On another news, after 5 years I still have zero idea of how to read @Soneji

Godanmit.
I've seen Soneji play a few times and he's a pretty tough read because he minimizes inconsistencies in his meta with low volume but high effort wall posts.

Aside from scrutinizing his reasoning I think a good approach for him or the "analysis" type players is to try and get into their mindset and ask if what he picked out from the thread makes sense. For example, are they not scrutinizing a certain player when they should, or are they focusing on the most relevant situations of the thread? Are they being stiff and non-topical? Do you strongly vibe with their points? etc
Noted.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:26 pm
Feel free to link us there. We've also got a thread for off-site games here, if you feel like advertising to everyone on the Syndicate. We only bite a little bit.

I may check it out, but I'm not sure I can sign up for this game right now. A) Because I'm not sure I can fit another game into my schedule at the moment, and B) because The Sopranos is near the very top of my Shows I Should Watch list and I don't want to risk exposing myself to spoilers before I get to it. :p
Good to know

My games tend to be very flavor heavy in construction of roles, with almost every role being custom tailored to the character, but in terms of write ups and spoilers that's usually kept to a minimum.

And start watching it. Seriously.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”