The Shining: Night 6

Moderator: Community Team

Great party, isn't it?

Yes, it is!
15%
I don't think it's a very nice party at all.
15%
Llama is never allowed to host again.
15%
Not as good as the party in Hawaii, I bet. (host/mod/dead)
54%

Total votes: 13
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: The Shining: Day 4

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:Well it seems to me that myself and S~V~S have win conditions that do not need another lynch. MP you seem to be claiming you DO need deaths to win. That makes you the enemy of those certain people and as far as I know me myself.
I'll go further and say that I think you are one of these "bad" characters that you say should be lynched. Either the bartender, the twins or that other guy...the waiter or whatever he is.
Right... because the very fact that I've come out and said everything I have makes total sense if I were the bartender (someone who clearly seems to be giving other people 'drinks') or if I was either of those other roles. Because being totally honest about my win condition and attempting to get others to discuss so that we can all collaborate and sift through those who are lying makes total sense if I am baddie -- instead of dropping off the radar and refusing to discuss.

I've said multiple times my condition doesn't even say the word "dead". However, based on what I've seen and what I am interpreting, I need certain bad roles to be "gone", and I've unfortunately come to the conclusion that I believe the only way to do that might be to lynch them.

So you think I'm bad and you call out no one else? How convenient. Any thoughts on anyone else, by the way?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Besides, you or anyone else very well could be lying, and if you are, then props to you, because it's appeared to give you the benefit of no one else's attention! Clearly a better "baddie" strategy than mine, especially given that mine isn't.

Now I still have no clue which role you are, but your sudden aggressiveness towards me when I've been saying this stuff for a while now bothers me, especially when this is literally the last chance I'll have to post anything unless I pop in here during lunch.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

With that, I'm not voting... and waiting to see what happens. I'm not even sure I will vote, but it seems illogical for me to allow a no-vote lynch, considering I have to win my condition somehow. That being said, I might consider it.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Snow Dog »

I think the risk of no one voting is not good. I strongly believe a random person will be lynched and that suits nobody. I seemed to have touched a nerve with you MP. I don't know the diffference between dead and a role being "gone". However you look at it, it comes to the same thing.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Vompatti »

As if everyone would agree with not voting.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:As if everyone would agree with not voting.
You're right. I don't think it will happen. But i will hold off and see what happens.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

I don't need anyone specific to die, other than those that want to kill me, if any exist. So far the only person I know for sure who wants to kill people is you, MP. I'm sorry if that is annoying to you because you were "honest" about your conditions, but although I hate this saying...it is what it is.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

And sorry for not being around much for discussion, I have much more time on here during the weekdays than on the weekends.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I won't have time at lunch after all, so I literally only have like a minute.

Snow Dog wrote:I think the risk of no one voting is not good. I strongly believe a random person will be lynched and that suits nobody. I seemed to have touched a nerve with you MP. I don't know the diffference between dead and a role being "gone". However you look at it, it comes to the same thing.
You strongly believe a random person will be lynched and yet you don't want to vote?

You have not "touched a nerve"; you seem to ignore the fact that I've been posting about all of this discussion for quite some time now, during which time you said nothing in response to me, and now all of a sudden you're attempting to subtly push things in my direction. It irritates me that I know now I'm likely to be lynched today because I'm actually attempting to come out and have a discussion with everyone, and I am very strongly beginning to suspect there is at least one individual (probably more) sitting back and dropping off the radar OR lying and going along with what you and S~V~S have been saying.

I don't know the difference either; I explained this EARLIER. It's something to the effect of immobolization, and since I'm unaware of any such state, I do believe there are evil roles this game that do NOT actively NK that need to be gone. If your win condition is different, good for you. I've already discussed this. That would make you an independent-esque role. Mine is not.

It seems this'll be my last post in this game, likely, because I can sense that I'm pre-emptively being railroaded. All I want for people to realize is that I seriously doubt every single role left alive has a condition where no one else needs to be dead. Someone is lying.

I'm voting for Snow Dog for his apparent contradictions. I think a lynch in his direction would be very illuminating. I'm hesitant to vote anyone, but it had to be someone, as my win conditions align with those of what you could call a typical civvie, and I don't put trust in testing out the no-vote scenario (and it would be incompatible with my condition).

I think Kate might be lying as well. Call it a gut feeling. Mongoose or Vompatti could likely be the bartender or someone else as well. Not sure about any of this, but thought I would throw out my thoughts just in case they are my last.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Well, I won't have time at lunch after all, so I literally only have like a minute.

Snow Dog wrote:I think the risk of no one voting is not good. I strongly believe a random person will be lynched and that suits nobody. I seemed to have touched a nerve with you MP. I don't know the diffference between dead and a role being "gone". However you look at it, it comes to the same thing.
You strongly believe a random person will be lynched and yet you don't want to vote?

You have not "touched a nerve"; you seem to ignore the fact that I've been posting about all of this discussion for quite some time now, during which time you said nothing in response to me, and now all of a sudden you're attempting to subtly push things in my direction. It irritates me that I know now I'm likely to be lynched today because I'm actually attempting to come out and have a discussion with everyone, and I am very strongly beginning to suspect there is at least one individual (probably more) sitting back and dropping off the radar OR lying and going along with what you and S~V~S have been saying.

I don't know the difference either; I explained this EARLIER. It's something to the effect of immobolization, and since I'm unaware of any such state, I do believe there are evil roles this game that do NOT actively NK that need to be gone. If your win condition is different, good for you. I've already discussed this. That would make you an independent-esque role. Mine is not.

It seems this'll be my last post in this game, likely, because I can sense that I'm pre-emptively being railroaded. All I want for people to realize is that I seriously doubt every single role left alive has a condition where no one else needs to be dead. Someone is lying.

I'm voting for Snow Dog for his apparent contradictions. I think a lynch in his direction would be very illuminating. I'm hesitant to vote anyone, but it had to be someone, as my win conditions align with those of what you could call a typical civvie, and I don't put trust in testing out the no-vote scenario (and it would be incompatible with my condition).

I think Kate might be lying as well. Call it a gut feeling. Mongoose or Vompatti could likely be the bartender or someone else as well. Not sure about any of this, but thought I would throw out my thoughts just in case they are my last.
It is a shame that you have voted for me out of spite, because I wasn't going to vote for you. There is a difference between not wanting to vote and actually not voting. I probably will vote now. And it may have to be you as you have forced my hand,
Merely pointing out what you have said seems to have been the trigger you needed to react. Kate agrees it seems. No comment about that?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I want to know what Bullzeye thinks. If he is who I think he is, he doesn't want me dead and I not him. So I suspect we may vote together to save me if it needs to come to that. Which I hope it doesn't.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

MP, disagreeing with you does not make one a liar. I'm inclined to vote MP, as well Snow. And yes I do agree.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Kate wrote:MP, disagreeing with you does not make one a liar. I'm inclined to vote MP, as well Snow. And yes I do agree.

Sorry that was confusing, the first sentence was @ MP, the second and 3rd @ Snow.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Hedgeowl »

Ok, so clearly the no lynching strategy isn't going to work. However, another consideration is the Night powers. All those that don't vote can't use them as someone pointed out. Since there are no more NKs this doesn't necessarily mean that someone is bad or civ for voting.

I can definitely see MP's frustration, but think Kate is right. He has openly admitted, like many of us, what his win conditions are and will probably be lynched for it since it represents an unknown threat to us. As he points out, obviously we can't all have conditions that compliment each other entirely. Therefore someone has to be lying or is laying low. I don't think MP is lying, but do think based on his own words that he and I do not have complimentary win conditions.

Maybe Mongoose, Bullz, and Vomps have more to say here?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Hi guys, I'm back and catching up.

I was definitely served a drink on Night 3, so hopefully I don't act more incoherent and insane than normal!

I'll let you know who is pinging me after I digest all this backlog.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:I want to know what Bullzeye thinks. If he is who I think he is, he doesn't want me dead and I not him. So I suspect we may vote together to save me if it needs to come to that. Which I hope it doesn't.
I definitely don't want you dead. I was trusting MP up until now and I'd still be hesitant to vote for him because of something I found out a while ago, but things change. I'm really busy today and hadn't anticipated posting until tonight but if I have to save you today Snow I'll do my best in the hopes that you are who I think you are. If this is one big misunderstanding and you're someone completely different then I take my hat off to you (or would do if I was wearing a hat).
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I'm confused. If MP still needs certain roles to be "gone" to win, why would he even consider not voting in the lynch?

Based on what has been said it seems to me that MP is the most obvious (although probably not the only) threat to anyone who needs to stay alive to win, and therefore I will probably for MP again unless something comes up.

I think I trust Snowy and Bullz if they are who I think they are.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:I'm confused. If MP still needs certain roles to be "gone" to win, why would he even consider not voting in the lynch?

Based on what has been said it seems to me that MP is the most obvious (although probably not the only) threat to anyone who needs to stay alive to win, and therefore I will probably for MP again unless something comes up.

I'm not getting a Gemini-type reading on those guys, Vomp. Is that what you are considering?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I'm confused. If MP still needs certain roles to be "gone" to win, why would he even consider not voting in the lynch?

I'm not getting a Gemini-type reading on those guys, Vomp. Is that what you are considering?
It is not. If they were the twins they would know each other's roles which doesn't seem to be the case.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I'll be around most of today trying to "ferret out" any remaining baddies. I will try to have a "stoatly" reason for any accusations I agree with. I know my absence has made many of you quite despondent, so I will be quite active for the remainder of the show as I don't want you to think I am "weaseling" out of playing fairly. Let's just hope hedgeowl doesn't go out of "ermine" before she gives us some more of her trademark excellent analysis.

Cheers & Beers,
Mongoose
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Doesn't the poll end in about 98 minutes?

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:Doesn't the poll end in about 98 minutes?
It does, but I was too busy making mongoose-type puns.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I've begun to wonder if my initial trust of MP was misplaced, and I know I don't want Snow to die today, so I'm going to vote MP and hope he's not who I originally thought he might have been.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I'll be watching Gilmore Grils when the poll ends so I'm voting for MP to save Snowy.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:Well, so far so good, no night kills :D

So I plan a totally defensive vote, if I am forced to vote at all. I will vote to save myself, or someone I feel good about that is possibly being railroaded. Since I need someone ELSE alive to win, and don't know who it is, I feel that my best chance lies in as many people being alive at the end as possible. Including myself :nod:

If we choose to lynch no one, and someone dies anyhow, I will rethink this.
This is how I am feeling now with 75 minutes remaining 100%.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

votes *MP*
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I am sorry MP. You brought this on yourself. Even though it's three to you against my one vote I will have to keep solidarity with those that voted for you. With no great pleasure *Votes MP*
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Yeah, his words were particularly damning. Something may be fishy.

*votes MP*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Good lord I caught up just in the nick of time. I've been interrupted a terrible amount at work today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:I'll be around most of today trying to "ferret out" any remaining baddies. I will try to have a "stoatly" reason for any accusations I agree with. I know my absence has made many of you quite despondent, so I will be quite active for the remainder of the show as I don't want you to think I am "weaseling" out of playing fairly. Let's just hope hedgeowl doesn't go out of "ermine" before she gives us some more of her trademark excellent analysis.

Cheers & Beers,
Mongoose
Hoo but Mongoose could have written such a Cardinal analysis? What a Lark! I can hardly Swallow, I am so choked up with emotion over your compliment. :blush: People will be Raven about this for a while. Now let's just hope after this lynch no one one has to eat Crow! :biggrin:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I'll be around most of today trying to "ferret out" any remaining baddies. I will try to have a "stoatly" reason for any accusations I agree with. I know my absence has made many of you quite despondent, so I will be quite active for the remainder of the show as I don't want you to think I am "weaseling" out of playing fairly. Let's just hope hedgeowl doesn't go out of "ermine" before she gives us some more of her trademark excellent analysis.

Cheers & Beers,
Mongoose
Hoo but Mongoose could have written such a Cardinal analysis? What a Lark! I can hardly Swallow, I am so choked up with emotion over your compliment. :blush: People will be Raven about this for a while. Now let's just hope after this lynch no one one has to eat Crow! :biggrin:
OMG I love it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Well that 'clever' post took me longer than I thought. Since he seems to be the only known threat currently, MP it is.

votes MP
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 59

Post by S~V~S »

If no one else is refraining, neither will. I.

Sorry MP, but maybe the person you want dead is me or the person I need alive.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 79

Re: The Shining: Polls

Post by thellama73 »

Day 4:

Who is an evil ghost?

Poll runs till Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:05 pm

Bullzeye
No votes

Hedgeowl
No votes

Kate
No votes

Mongoose
No votes

MovingPictures07
Bullzeye (5), Vompatti (6), Kate (7), Snow Dog (8), Mongoose (10), Hedgeowl (11), S~V~S (12)
58%

Snow Dog
MovingPictures07 (3)
8%

S~V~S
No votes

Vompatti
No votes

I ain't afraid of no ghosts (host/mod/dead)
thellama73 (1), birdwithteeth11 (2), Zany Dex (4), Epignosis (9)
33%

Total votes : 12
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: The Shining: Night 4

Post by thellama73 »

For some reason, MovingPictures thought this would be a good time to mention that he intended to kill other people. He barely made it through the sentence before his head was bashed right in by the others.

"Woo," said SVS. "That was tiring work."

"Yes," agreed Snow Dog. "And it's getting late. I think we could all do with a nice rest after all this fear and killing."

"Good idea," said Kate. "I don't know if I trust any of you enough to sleep though."

"I don't know if I trust any of you enough not to sleep," was Vompatti's typically surreal retort.

"But if we're going to sleep, the obvious question is where?" asked Mongoose.

"This is a hotel, dummy!" Said Bullzeye. "Why you so dumb?"

"No, that's a good point," added Hedgeowl. "Should we split up or stay in the same place? Either way, I'm scared."

MovingPictures07 has been... corrected. He was Delbert Grady. You have 24 hours to send in your PMs.

(I love the long...pauses... in this scene. Exquisite!)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

ha..I was right! :)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

RIP MP. (Is this ok to say when they're "bad"?) Also, I am now realizing that first lynch of Epi really sucked for you both.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:RIP MP. (Is this ok to say when they're "bad"?) Also, I am now realizing that first lynch of Epi really sucked for you both.
The hilarious thing is that Epi was role hinting like crazy and MP, failing to pick up on it, led the charge against him. :haha:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:RIP MP. (Is this ok to say when they're "bad"?) Also, I am now realizing that first lynch of Epi really sucked for you both.
The hilarious thing is that Epi was role hinting like crazy and MP, failing to pick up on it, led the charge against him. :haha:
:(
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I don't want to sleep in the Overlook :/
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
:haha:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

:)
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Sleeping in a hotel room is very expensive in Finalnd. :(

*votes hotel room'

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I'm going to sleep in the kid's room. Kids rarely get killed in horror movies, so I'm going there.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Kate wrote:I'm going to sleep in the kid's room. Kids rarely get killed in horror movies, so I'm going there.
I can't take the risk that a ghost child will appear at the foot of my bed in such close quarters!

I'm going to the servants quarters and show the servant ghosts that I don't think I am better than them. Then maybe they will leave me alone. I'll miss this high thread count in the proper hotel rooms though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
What a great result!

We've done quite well this game with weeding out the baddies! This is a very potent group of shrewd and astute players.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Snow Dog wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
:haha:
Wow, well none of us picked up on it either. We love bandwagon leaders though!

I am sticking with Mongoose and hiding in the servant's quarters. The hotel rooms would definitely get searched first. :ninja:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Well, I'm glad about that result! Although I am now questioning how good our resident sanity checker is, as I don't see how anybody could think that that guy seems sane. I'm gonna follow Kate's logic and go to the kid's room, they do tend to be safer than adults in this sort of film and honestly I'm still a bit of a kid myself, so it might be a good idea.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Bullzeye wrote:Well, I'm glad about that result! Although I am now questioning how good our resident sanity checker is, as I don't see how anybody could think that that guy seems sane. I'm gonna follow Kate's logic and go to the kid's room, they do tend to be safer than adults in this sort of film and honestly I'm still a bit of a kid myself, so it might be a good idea.
We can make a fort out of the blankets. It will be safe under there.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I wouldn't feel comfortable sleeping with children.

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”