DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 69

Arrowverse Mafia - Day 8

Post by DFaraday »

ARROWVERSE MAFIA

PLAYER LIST:

Cooler - ISO - Lynched Day 1 - Zoom
Creature - ISO - replaced by Dyslexicon Day 4 - Dyslexicon ISO - lynched Day 4 - Ra's Al Ghul
Dragon D Luffy - ISO - Killed by Oliver Night 4 - Cisco Ramon
DrWilgy - ISO killed by Oliver Night 6 - Barry Allen
Dragomir - ISO - Replaced by ColinIsCool Night 2 Colin ISO - Laurel Lance
Epignosis - ISO - Ray Palmer
Jackofhearts2005 - ISO - Killed by Deathstroke Night 6 - John Diggle
juliets - ISO - Killed Night 1 by Deathstroke - Damien Dahrk
Long Con - ISO - Iris West
Luxurious - ISO - Lynched Day 5 - Harrison Wells
Macdougall - ISO - Oliver Queen
MafiaMenace - ISO - Replaced by Funnygurl555 Night 2 - Funnygurl ISO - Sara Lance
Matahari - ISO - Lynched Day 2 - Supergirl
nutella - ISO - Lynched Day 3 - Savitar
sabie12 - ISO - Killed by Oliver and the Speedsters Night 2 - Reverse Flash
Sloonei - ISO - Prometheus
Spacedaisy - ISO - killed Night 8 - Deathstroke
speedchuck - ISO - Killed Night 1 by Sara Lance - Rip Hunter
sprityo - ISO - lynched Day 7 - Felicity Smoak
Ultra - ISO - Killed Night 4 by Prometheus - Thea Queen

RULES:
1. Phases will be 48/24.
2. No role claiming or infodumping.
3. No unauthorized BTSC.
4. Votes are changeable.
5. If you are having problems with another player, please communicate with me or Dunya.
6. This is the host color. Don't use it.
7. Have fun!

Civvies (12)

Oliver Queen
The first and darkest of the Arrowverse heroes. Oliver seeks to reclaim his city from evil, and will kill every even night.

Laurel Lance
Laurel fights crime as a lawyer by day and as the Black Canary by night. She can use her sonic blast to block another’s power each night.

John Diggle
John is is Oliver's loyal bodyguard/confidante/black driver. He knows Oliver's identity, and may sacrifice himself if Oliver is targeted for a kill.

Felicity Smoak
Felicity is a tech genius. Once in the game she can submit a role to the host to find out who has the role.

Thea Queen
She may start out as Oliver's spoiled little sister, but she proves to be quite deadly under the right circumstances. The first time she is targeted for a night kill, it rebounds on the killer.

Barry Allen
His name is Barry Allen, and he is the fastest man alive. He will use his speed to avoid the first lynch attempt on his life. He's also a forensic scientist, so each night Barry receives a bit of information from the host regarding a player of his choice.

Cisco Ramon
Barry's inventor friend/fellow superhero. Cisco will vibe a player every night to discover their identity.

Iris West
Iris is a reporter looking into the metahumans of Central City. She will post her thoughts in the thread every night.

Harrison Wells
There is an infinite number of parallel earths, which means an infinite number of Wellses. Every night in a three night cycle, a different Wells will appear. Once the cycle is finished, it will begin again.
Earth 1 Harrison— The founder of S.T.A.R. Labs, he may create an invention and send it to a player of his choice.
Harry—SECRET
H.R.—can protect a player each night he’s H.R.

Sara Lance
Sara was part of the mysterious League of Assassins, but she's gone rogue. She has a one time kill. She searches for her sister Laurel every night. If she finds Laurel they gain BTSC.

Ray Palmer
NANITES, COURTESY OF RAY PALMER can be used to track a player every night.

Supergirl
On odd nights, Kara Danvers is a mild-mannered reporter, and a vanilla civ. On even nights, Kara Zor-El will survive the first NK attempt on her and may choose to block or protect a player.

The League of Assassins (2)—kill every odd night

Ra’s Al Ghul
The ancient head of the demon uses his Lazarus pit to stay alive. He may not die as long as he has surviving teammates. If he targets Sara, she joins the League of Assassins and stops being a civ.

Damien Darhk
Darhk employs various magical artifacts, and each night chooses one from a list of powers. He may not use a power again until all powers have been used.

The Evil Speedsters (3)—kill every even night

Reverse Flash
An evil speedster from the 22nd century. As a time traveler, he may end the day early once.

Zoom
Zoom is a sociopathic liar and hides in plain sight. If Zoom gets role checked, he appears as a civ.

Savitar
Submits a name to host each night. If that player is Barry, Barry automatically dies.

Independent (3)

Rip Hunter
Rip Hunter is a Time Master, and he is recruiting a team of Legends to help him travel through time and space fixing aberrations to the timeline. Every even night he recruits a player to his team. The Legends will win if at any point the surviving Legends outnumber the surviving total baddies.

Deathstroke
Deathstroke has been driven to madness through grief and the Mirakuru drug. He will kill every odd night. Last man standing. Due to the Mirakuru and his body armor, he survives the first kill and first lynch attempt on him. He also may not be recruited.

Prometheus
SECRET
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - LOCKED

Post by DFaraday »

Roles will be going out shortly.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - LOCKED

Post by DFaraday »

Day 0 - Prologue

"My name is Oliver Queen. For five years I was stranded on a deserted island with only one goal - to return home and cleanse my city of the Mafia that have overrun it. To this end, I have enlisted the help of some allies: the fastest man alive, the Girl of Steel and heroes - no, something else - Legends."

The masked vigilantes strode down the shadowy streets of Star City, urgency driving every step. The mysterious League of Assassins had arrived seeking to take revenge on their former prodigy, Sara Lance, but upon arrival the ancient leader of the order, Ra's Al Ghul, had declared Star City the League's newest target for cleansing.

"Everybody follow my lead," said Oliver. "The League will not hesitate to kill you, so don't even give them the chance."

"Yeah...who else is missing Central City right now?" asked Cisco, looking around at his teammates from the cheerier city.

"Oliver needs our help, I have to do everything I can, Cisco," said Barry Allen. "He's done more than enough for us."

"And look where it's gotten you, Flash," came a sneering voice. Without anyone's notice, three speedsters had appeared on the scene, lightning swirling around them.

"This is your final run, Allen," said Eobard Thawne, who isn't a flash at all. Some would say he's the reverse.

"You're not getting away this time, Thawne!" exclaimed Barry. He spun around to charge a lightning bolt to hurl at Thawne, but it didn't connect. Barry was struck to the ground by a powerful tackle from a hulking masked man. Deathstroke slowly drew his sword and surveyed the assortment in front of him.

"Right, who's first then?" he scoffed.

It is now Day 0. You have 48 hours to check in.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

Post by Sloonei »

Hello. This is a mafia game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Forgot to mention in the rules earlier, no double targeting.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hi everyone! Welcome to all the new people I haven't played with yet, I hope you enjoy the game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dunya »

hello hello hello. I will be your mod/facilitator for this exciting game. If at any point you feel frustrated, upset or angry with anything related to the game, please send me a private message and I'll do what I can to make you feel better. If you just want to talk about cats or food, that's cool too. Let's all remember we're here to have fun and play mafia, so please try to be respectful of others in the game and above all, have fun! :grin:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Spacedaisy »

Woo DF game! :omg:

Be aware my game is likely starting soon, this may impact my activity levels, depending on how time intensive it ends up being.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ultra
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 201

Post by Ultra »

Greetings everyone
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

dunya wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 pm hello hello hello. I will be your mod/facilitator for this exciting game. If at any point you feel frustrated, upset or angry with anything related to the game, please send me a private message and I'll do what I can to make you feel better.
ok but what about if it's not related to the game :puppy:
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Question regarding the no claims rule - does that mean if you're the cop/tracker/whatever you can't state your results?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Gotta go fast!

This is a sonic the hedgehog game right? :kadaj:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 pm Question regarding the no claims rule - does that mean if you're the cop/tracker/whatever you can't state your results?
Indeed. No infodumping at all. But there are still ways to use those types of roles. :srsnod:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dunya »

Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:37 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 pm hello hello hello. I will be your mod/facilitator for this exciting game. If at any point you feel frustrated, upset or angry with anything related to the game, please send me a private message and I'll do what I can to make you feel better.
ok but what about if it's not related to the game :puppy:
I would still love to listen and help in any way I can. :nicenod:
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:40 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 pm Question regarding the no claims rule - does that mean if you're the cop/tracker/whatever you can't state your results?
Indeed. No infodumping at all. But there are still ways to use those types of roles. :srsnod:
It's still a handicap though

Going to be rough pulling off a town victory here unless the scum factions completely cannibalize each other

but there's also two different recruiters

so

fek
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 62

Post by MafiaMenace »

I am here!
You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:43 pm

Going to be rough pulling off a town victory here unless the scum factions completely cannibalize each other

so

fek
It’s a challenge for sure. All part of the balance. This is a semi-regular rule on the Syndicate.

It just means we need to put more energy into public scum hunting. So let’s do that. What can you tell us about yourself, Ultra? What’s your mafia experience? What’s your Day 1 approach?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Hot take

Felicity player should use her one shot on Rip Hunter to prevent Cult Shenanigans
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm

so

fek
It’s a challenge for sure. All part of the balance. This is a semi-regular rule on the Syndicate.

It just means we need to put more energy into public scum hunting. So let’s do that. What can you tell us about yourself, Ultra? What’s your mafia experience? What’s your Day 1 approach?
What a silly question, it's Day 0

But to answer - my approach as town is to take a very active role
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Lol hi, [mention]Creature[/mention].
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:51 pm

so

fek

What does “taking an active role” entail?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Does the town lose when the Legends outnumber the baddies? Cause that means it could actually be counterproductive to lynch mafia. Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Actually, the Legends can't be baddies because then Legends couldn't ever outnumber total baddies. :nicenod:
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:53 pm

so

fek

It's hard to characterize my own play, but I scum hunt, I try to influence the game's direction, I talk with other players.

And sometimes

I flex

Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:56 pm Does the town lose when the Legends outnumber the baddies? Cause that means it could actually be counterproductive to lynch mafia. Image
Host should clear this up, I assumed they needed a majority but if it's just outnumbering other scum that's a different wincon
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Ultra[/mention] what does your scum hunting look like? What types of games are you used to playing, mechanics/setup-wise? What kind of pizza did you get earlier?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 pm @Ultra what does your scum hunting look like? What types of games are you used to playing, mechanics/setup-wise? What kind of pizza did you get earlier?
A work of art

I sneak up on scum and hit em hard. Occasionally there's collateral damage. But I've been doing well as town the last few games I've played.

I'm used to playing milder role madness closed set ups, and some normal open set ups
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:53 pm

so

fek

It's hard to characterize my own play, but I scum hunt, I try to influence the game's direction, I talk with other players.

And sometimes

I flex

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 70

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 pm @Ultra what does your scum hunting look like? What types of games are you used to playing, mechanics/setup-wise? What kind of pizza did you get earlier?
This is, like, the opposite of what I saw last game. :ponder:

Also hi guys
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:08 pm

Also hi guys
What did you see last game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:07 pm
A work of art

I sneak up on scum and hit em hard. Occasionally there's collateral damage. But I've been doing well as town the last few games I've played.

I'm used to playing milder role madness closed set ups, and some normal open set ups
Okay but what about the pizza?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MafiaMenace wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:45 pm

I am here!
Welcome back. What is your first impression of Ultra?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 70

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Also hi guys
Ultra has hesitant to interact with the thread, which is why I voted him D1. He spoke mostly to Nova, who was answering whatever was thrown his way. Some weird dependent thing.

This game, Ultra has already made a hot take and claimed that he's going to flex on the thread (not hesitant), and you're buzzing him with questions as if he needs the help. (Where Nova was just whatever about it)

Enough for an early townread on Ultra. Not sure what to think of all your questions yet. Feels kinda like fluff, but it's also something you do with new players.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 451

Post by Epignosis »

I have bourbon and opinions. Both of them are neat.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:13 pm I have bourbon and opinions. Both of them are neat.
I implore you to share one of these with the thread. The choice is yours.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:15 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:13 pm I have bourbon and opinions. Both of them are neat.
What's your address for the bourbon?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:16 pm
Buffalo
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

speedchuck wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Also hi guys
Ultra has hesitant to interact with the thread, which is why I voted him D1. He spoke mostly to Nova, who was answering whatever was thrown his way. Some weird dependent thing.

This game, Ultra has already made a hot take and claimed that he's going to flex on the thread (not hesitant), and you're buzzing him with questions as if he needs the help. (Where Nova was just whatever about it)

Enough for an early townread on Ultra. Not sure what to think of all your questions yet. Feels kinda like fluff, but it's also something you do with new players.
Hey, I could just be playing on your expectations, you know!
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

How come nobody has commented on my suggestion
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Also hi guys

Yeah basically this.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Putting Doom Patrol on the list of games I should make.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:18 pm
Buffalo
Perfect. I'll send you a Bill.

:haha:
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Creature »

Hi I'm new how do I play?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:20 pm How come nobody has commented on my suggestion
Because your suggestion is fishing. Your suggestion is impossible to implement without Felicity knowing who Rip Hunter is. Your suggestion is manure.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:20 pm How come nobody has commented on my suggestion
Because people are cautious about engaging in role-specific chatter this early in the game. It’s not a bad proposal. I haven’t looked close enough at the role list to say whether or not it’s the best.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Creature wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:23 pm Hi I'm new how do I play?
Vote where I vote and use your role power on the person I say to use it on.

Welcome aboard. :beer:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:23 pm
Buffalo

I think you’ve had enough.

idk, how do you play?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:27 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:23 pm
Buffalo

I think you’ve had enough.
Haven't the Bills had enough?

Boom.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Creature »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 pm
Vote where I vote and use your role power on the person I say to use it on.

Welcome aboard. :beer:
How do I vote?
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Forgot that the felicity player can't just post results

In that case, what we might want to try a coordinated effort to allow the felicity player to "claim indirectly"

Here's what I'm thinking, if all of us come together and decide on D1 that nobody is allowed to cast a vote, except for the felicity player who casts a vote on her peek, we get whoever we want out D1.

This doesn't break the claiming rules as far as I understand, because anybody can still step forth and vote. But if someone else does vote, we'll still know one is felicity and one is scum. So still a net +

Return to “Previous Jobs”