[Game Over] Better Off Ted

Moderator: Community Team

Whose feelings are hurt by Long Con's accusations?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes
indiglo
No votes
juliets
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Matahari
No votes
nutella
64%
Rej
No votes
sabie12
9%
No Lynch
No votes
The Syphilitic Conquistadors (Host/Non/Dead)
27%

Total votes: 11
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: [Day 5] Better Off Ted

Post by juliets »

[mention]Rej[/mention] you were fine and I'm looking forward to playing more games with you! You didn't ruin anything.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 152

Post by MacDougall »

And let's never talk about this again.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matahari wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:35 pm Sabie’s role was fun, she gave out instructions that people didn’t have to do. BWT was silenced by her, but he could have posted if he wanted. Juliet’s didn’t really have a -2 vote. Drago didn’t follow his instructions correctly so we killed him. But Veronica redirected my power to Drago on the same night, so I thought I was busted. I don’t know what happened there.
oh damn I didn't have -2? I mean I really was on pins and needles about using that vote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Matahari »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:38 pm And let's never talk about this again.
You helped us so much. Thank you.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I think that was originally an Epi role. And I loved it when I heard about it, so I blatantly stole it because it was perfect for that role.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matahari wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:38 pm And let's never talk about this again.
In your face [mention]MacDougall[/mention] ! Ouch!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146

Post by nutella »

Matahari wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:35 pm Sabie’s role was fun, she gave out instructions that people didn’t have to do. BWT was silenced by her, but he could have posted if he wanted. Juliet’s didn’t really have a -2 vote. Drago didn’t follow his instructions correctly so we killed him. But Veronica redirected my power to Drago on the same night, so I thought I was busted. I don’t know what happened there.
Omg, extortion roles are so clever
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Rej »

juliets wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:37 pm @Rej you were fine and I'm looking forward to playing more games with you! You didn't ruin anything.
Also where I come from people always find a way to claim actions, mechanics etc, so I rly have to train my mindgaming here, to avoid mechreading or presenting mechs. I am adapting some stuff and I hope I can keep my high learning curve, atleast I hope it is a high learning curve.^^ I play mafia for about 3-4 months, tbh I didnt track it down I just played and played and forgot everything hahahaha. Was a pleasure, looking forward to more, but I think I am on hiatus here, because from where I come from we do season finals and some big games. Once they are done I will be back! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Rej wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:26 pm Wow I also had such a bad feeling about Sabie12 inbetween, I am so sorry guys I was Veronica Palmer and last night I just obtaine an alignment check and tried to dump something in, I really had bad days in the past and this was really high tier for me. I probably performed better in the early game and you guys were good with civ reading me, while others would have scumread me.
Anyway I enjoyed it, I hope I didn't ruin the game for ya...mafia did a nice swipe! Congrats!
Rej, I enjoyed playing with you. You made me paranoid when you redirected my power, and Indiglo was redirected on the same night. You had great instincts.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:39 pm I think that was originally an Epi role. And I loved it when I heard about it, so I blatantly stole it because it was perfect for that role.
Is that the one Canucklehead used to trick the entire scum team into revealing themselves?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 96

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:32 pm In your defense, it wasn't clear if your partner was civ or mafia from the get go. I had built a lot of avenues for civs gaining info in this game. I was actually worried it was overly weighted int he civs favor. Which is the reason for not giving Night kill flips. But in the end nothing came together for you guys. The kills and mislynches were the absolute worst you guys could have gotten. Info roles were dropping like flies.
My thoughts exactly. It seemed like we picked all of the worst possible mislynches in terms of any info gaining. So instead we ran through most of the game completely blind.

Also kind of hilarious that I had mata/indi as nutella's teammates and mata/sabie as Mac's assuming one of them had flipped bad. Just mixed up the overall order of the teams there! Lol

Oh well. Good job mata/indi/sabie! You did a great job feeding into the misdirection.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: [Game Over] Better Off Ted

Post by Spacedaisy »

[mention]Matahari[/mention] Veronica didn't redirect any roles. She simply gave instructions. It was always up to the player to choose how to use their power, whether to do what she asked or not.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matahari wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:39 pm
Hey cmon now
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]birdwithteeth11[/mention] Ihope you will play with us again!!!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:50 pm @Matahari Veronica didn't redirect any roles. She simply gave instructions. It was always up to the player to choose how to use their power, whether to do what she asked or not.
Ok, thanks. I got paranoid over that deal and was making all kinds of scenarios in my head.
I thought everyone played so well. Juliet’s and Nutella playing their hearts! BWT, we considered killing you early because you always used to suspect me in every game, even if we were civ/civ. I was kind of worried that you might be a problem for me. Mac and Reg and Oreki all helped to educate me a lot on how things are judged now. It was a fun game.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 96

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

juliets wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:52 pm @birdwithteeth11 Ihope you will play with us again!!!
I'm glad [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] asked me to play again after not playing for about 2 years now. I can officially say I have the mafia itch back again and I already signed up for Zootopia!
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Ebwop *playing their hearts out
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:46 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:39 pm I think that was originally an Epi role. And I loved it when I heard about it, so I blatantly stole it because it was perfect for that role.
Is that the one Canucklehead used to trick the entire scum team into revealing themselves?
Yep. The brilliance of Epi in creating that role was just amazing. And the way she used it was just genius. I think in my mind that is an all time top mafia performance.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:46 pm
Yep. The brilliance of Epi in creating that role was just amazing. And the way she used it was just genius. I think in my mind that is an all time top mafia performance.
I think that was just before my time here, but I’m well acquainted with it by now. It is the stuff of legend.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:00 pm
juliets wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:52 pm birdwithteeth11 Ihope you will play with us again!!!
I'm glad @Spacedaisy asked me to play again after not playing for about 2 years now. I can officially say I have the mafia itch back again and I already signed up for Zootopia!
Oh yay, I will be helping Jack with that I think!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The most important thing is that I am still 3 games ahead of Nutella on the leaderboard.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I got two sets of instructions that last night
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by indiglo »

Thanks for the great game Daisy!

I really was sorry to have to be so absent over the holiday weekend, it was just jampacked with activities, and I really was out in the middle of nowhere half the time with no signal. I hated missing, because I was having such a good time playing.

I had a lot of fun! And really enjoyed being teamed up with Sokoth, Mata and Sabie!
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by indiglo »

Also, sorry nutella, and all the other mislynched and NKed people!! :bighug:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by SokothQultuq »

Well played you all, Sorry I couldn't stick through it to the end. Glad I didn't leave the baddie team at a serious disadvantage. Congrats!
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 22

Post by DrWilgy »

Good game!

All I wanted was to sleep with people.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by speedchuck »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:28 am Good game!

All I wanted was to sleep with people.
You never did PM the mod. :pout:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Rej »

Matahari wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:43 pm
Rej wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:26 pm Wow I also had such a bad feeling about Sabie12 inbetween, I am so sorry guys I was Veronica Palmer and last night I just obtaine an alignment check and tried to dump something in, I really had bad days in the past and this was really high tier for me. I probably performed better in the early game and you guys were good with civ reading me, while others would have scumread me.
Anyway I enjoyed it, I hope I didn't ruin the game for ya...mafia did a nice swipe! Congrats!
Rej, I enjoyed playing with you. You made me paranoid when you redirected my power, and Indiglo was redirected on the same night. You had great instincts.
thank youuuuuuuu, I also enjoyed it with everyone. In the end I also enjoyed [mention]MacDougall[/mention] he was the one making me paranoid the most in this new enviroment until I investigated him meh. I had no clue what my abilities were do and the people I could instruct were mixed between town and scum....it was fucked up and random in the end for me :D I tried to redirect abilities at Dragomir, Oreki and Mac Dougall without knowing what I do at all lol. Anyway I learned again more, thanks!
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Dragomir »

Gg fellas, how'd I do this game? Glad I didn't get all my reads wrong this time.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

rez plz
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:28 pm Gg fellas, how'd I do this game? Glad I didn't get all my reads wrong this time.
I think you did a good job Drago. Looking forward to playing more with you!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Post by novaselinenever »

Mac lost. Nice.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] ^ ^ ouch!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lol Juliets why do you keep trying to bring my attention to these things.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Post by novaselinenever »

She's trying to keep the race exciting lol. Can't have you running away with it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Come watch me in the champs game
Oreki
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Oreki »

So we lost, Good Game guys

Thanks for the game host!
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Standard reminder to self about HOF
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Leaving this up in this forum while it still needs HOF updates.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”