[Game Over] Better Off Ted

Moderator: Community Team

Whose feelings are hurt by Long Con's accusations?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes
indiglo
No votes
juliets
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Matahari
No votes
nutella
64%
Rej
No votes
sabie12
9%
No Lynch
No votes
The Syphilitic Conquistadors (Host/Non/Dead)
27%

Total votes: 11
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: [Day 4] Better Off Ted

Post by nutella »

You could tie it up on me jules :P
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also indi at least said she set a reminder so maybe she'll vote right before the deadline?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 171
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I still think it's nutella.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:47 pm I still think it's nutella.
"it"? Is there only one scum then? lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

But I'm not positive. I hate that my vote is going to determine this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:48 pm
juliets wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:47 pm I still think it's nutella.
"it"? Is there only one scum then? lol
"it" out of the choices we have today which right now is only you and oreki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

End of day came so quickly sorry I forgot this one has shorter days.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Spacedaisy »

three minutes until the vote closes
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

50% turnout :sigh:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Voted oreki based on the recent case being brought up on them
I didn't think they have done a whole lot this game though I'm still wary of nutella especially if oreki ends up being a mislynch.

This end of day was kind of disappointing. I'm sorry I wasnt here but it seems like not many were
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

SECNE: Veridian Dynamics office building. On each floor the workers go about their daily business inventing, testing and marketing products like beef that is made without the cow, a box that dings every time someone tells a lie, and anti-gravity toys that can also be used by the military on a magnetized battlefield. Suddenly with a piercing howl, the PA system springs to life. In unintelligible words obscured by squeals and static someone makes an announcement. Since the time the toxic gas was released and people nearly died because they couldn't understand the announcement that they needed to evacuate the building, every announcement causes a panic. Now as the PA system crackles to life the entire building erupts in terror as people stampede toward the nearest exit. Leaving the building nearly empty. But the decision still had to be made, so the few that were there made the decisions themselves. Hope they know what they're doing. The company decided to just roll with the decision because they can't be bothered. But they will claim it was their decision all along and say it was Oreki's shoddy work on the new PA system that led to it. As a point of interest, the announcement was that it was Taco Tuesday in the cafeteria.

Oreki has been lynched. He was Sheila.

Sheila: Sheila works in a cubicle on the floor, and is an avid cat lover. She and Linda do not get along well after Linda accidentally sexually harassed her. If Linda votes for her, Sheila will turn her into HR and Linda will be forced to attend a sexual harassment awareness seminar. The result is Linda will be blocked the following night. Additionally, on Day 0, all the players will choose a company approved group to be sorted into. Every following night Sheila will choose which group of people will have their vote count as 1.5 in the next lynch. The groups are as follows:

Cats
Green Bay Packers
Classic Cars
Space

Sheila was a civilian.

It is now Night 4. You have until 5 PM EST to turn in your night actions and the night will end at 6 PM EST.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

My vote was worth -2 today. It was gifted to me by someone. Sorry Oreki I couldn't save you.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Re: [Night 4] Better Off Ted

Post by sabie12 »

Ugh that was a frustrating lynch. Sorry oreki.
~Darren Shan~
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hm sorry oreki. Interesting role.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Rej »

ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Rej wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:15 pm
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:07 pm My vote was worth -2 today. It was gifted to me by someone. Sorry Oreki I couldn't save you.
Huh, so I guess you technically did tie it if I'm counting right?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:17 pm
juliets wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:07 pm My vote was worth -2 today. It was gifted to me by someone. Sorry Oreki I couldn't save you.
Huh, so I guess you technically did tie it if I'm counting right?
I believe that is right since you had 3 votes without me and I negated two of them. That would have left you tied with Oreki. I don't know how Daisy is resolving ties, I don't remember if she said in the beginning.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sabie12 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:04 pm Voted oreki based on the recent case being brought up on them
I didn't think they have done a whole lot this game though I'm still wary of nutella especially if oreki ends up being a mislynch.

This end of day was kind of disappointing. I'm sorry I wasnt here but it seems like not many were
sabie, you came into the thread at 5:57 pm and voted Oreki a couple of minutes later, prior to 6:00 pm. Which case prompted you to vote Oreki? And how did you find it so quickly?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 152

Post by MacDougall »

Oh yay
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:23 pmOh yay
?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:23 pmOh yay
I'm thinking this is facetious.

Come back and share your thoughts Mac.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

My thoughts are if the civs in this game just continue to take the piss then we might as well give up. I was busy for a day and the laziest lynch to ever lynch took place.

If Nutella isn't Mafia I will eat my own hand.

If we just come out tomorrow and lynch the lowest hanging fruit again the game is over.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by indiglo »

I am so sorry gang!! I was in the middle of replying 2 times and lost my signal. When my reminder to vote went off, I had absolutely no signal. I am so sorry and hope this goes through!!!
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:04 pm My thoughts are if the civs in this game just continue to take the piss then we might as well give up. I was busy for a day and the laziest lynch to ever lynch took place.

If we just come out tomorrow and lynch the lowest hanging fruit again the game is over.
How will you tie your dick in a knot with only one hand
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:04 pm My thoughts are if the civs in this game just continue to take the piss then we might as well give up. I was busy for a day and the laziest lynch to ever lynch took place.

Mac, I don't know if you read the thread but my vote for Oreki was worth -2 so it was a vote for nutella. I tried to talk about nutella earlier in the day, LC said he thought the summary was good but then he didn't vote for some reason. bwt is out of town and mata had a death in the family so they didn't make it. Rej was voting for nutella but then he changed to Oreki because he felt worse about him. sabie came in with 3 minutes left in the lynch and within 2 minutes said she had read a case on Orek and voted for him. I don't know why the rest of the people didn't vote.

Had 1 person come in and voted for nutella or Rej had not changed his vote or if sabie hadn't voted so quickly for Oreki (I have asked her to answer a question about her vote) we would have lynched nutella instead. We were really close. We just can't let this happen again tomorrow.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

If juliets isn't mafia I'll tie my dick in a permanent knot and I don't even have one so you know I'm serious about this suspicion. She's trying to get so much credit from trying to save oreki but I'm not bad either so she has to be.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Rej wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:34 pm I am here peeking in and out, Oreki as said isn't that ambitioned to hunt scum right now and form a wagon. So I will try to do it lowlife mafiastyle as I am used to. Oreki lacked in some interactions and even if he has the same experience grade as me, he gave me more of the feeling of sheeping on the one or other wagon previously.

For Mac I am still torn.
I am also torn on Nutella, geting the same manipulative vibes than from Mac.

I hope low activity is reasoned through the weekend^^ I also wouldn't mind extending this DP by 24 hours additionally if there is a rule that allows that.
This and then the post where oreki was trying to figure out if there was a cop role and if they'd be announcing results. Like they were worried they had been checked and would be found out. I had very little time to try to get my vote in. Sorry this game ends so much earlier than I'm used to and I made a real quick decision. Also didnt know you had that weird vote thing juliets. Is that like a curse or something?

I think the whole situation looks worse for nutella at this point.
~Darren Shan~
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

So sorry, my day also took a turn for the worse and I was unable to be here.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'll be voting for Nutella tomorrow. Hopefully we get some consensus.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

I will stick to the nutella vote too. I feel so bad for the lynch wagon on Oreki...
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:44 pm If juliets isn't mafia I'll tie my dick in a permanent knot and I don't even have one so you know I'm serious about this suspicion. She's trying to get so much credit from trying to save oreki but I'm not bad either so she has to be.
I'm sorry nutella but I am not mafia. You've played with me enough, I feel like you should know my civ game. I wanted Mac to know that I was not a civ slanker and I did indeed try to save Oreki but it wasn't enough. WIFOM or not, you have to admit it makes no sense for a mafia with a -2 vote to do what I did. I could have easily thrown my vote somewhere else and never told anyone it was worth -2. Why would I have voted for civ Oreki if I were mafia?

If you aren't bad, who is?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sabie12 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:44 pm
Rej wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:34 pm I am here peeking in and out, Oreki as said isn't that ambitioned to hunt scum right now and form a wagon. So I will try to do it lowlife mafiastyle as I am used to. Oreki lacked in some interactions and even if he has the same experience grade as me, he gave me more of the feeling of sheeping on the one or other wagon previously.

For Mac I am still torn.

I hope low activity is reasoned through the weekend^^ I also wouldn't mind extending this DP by 24 hours additionally if there is a rule that allows that.
This and then the post where oreki was trying to figure out if there was a cop role and if they'd be announcing results. Like they were worried they had been checked and would be found out. I had very little time to try to get my vote in. Sorry this game ends so much earlier than I'm used to and I made a real quick decision. Also didnt know you had that weird vote thing juliets. Is that like a curse or something?

sabie, which part of this case spoke to you? Rej says Oreki had not hunted scum, lacked in some interactions, gave the impression of sheeping. The case is pretty vague with no examples and keep in mind Oreki is very new to mafia. I don't think you had time to read Oreki's posts before you voted so I'm surprised that this case convinced you. I hate to think this but it looks like you got here at 5:57 and a mafia teammate or mates told you to get in there and vote Oreki. It just looks so suspicious, but I'm not going to vote for you next round if I'm still alive.

As for my vote, I'm not sure if it was meant to be a curse or a gift. My first reaction was it was a curse but then when I thought about it I could see that a -2 vote could be very useful. So, it may have been a gift rather than a curse.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am also pretty suspicious of Rej right now. Dude hasn't stuck solid on his reads at all as far as I can tell.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

juliets wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:03 am

For Mac I am still torn.

sabie, which part of this case spoke to you? Rej says Oreki had not hunted scum, lacked in some interactions, gave the impression of sheeping. The case is pretty vague with no examples and keep in mind Oreki is very new to mafia. I don't think you had time to read Oreki's posts before you voted so I'm surprised that this case convinced you. I hate to think this but it looks like you got here at 5:57 and a mafia teammate or mates told you to get in there and vote Oreki. It just looks so suspicious, but I'm not going to vote for you next round if I'm still alive.

As for my vote, I'm not sure if it was meant to be a curse or a gift. My first reaction was it was a curse but then when I thought about it I could see that a -2 vote could be very useful. So, it may have been a gift rather than a curse.
I guess I could see why you might think that, but no that's not what happened.
I'll be completely honest with you I was about to head out the door to go out on a date with the boyfriend and was like wait what time is it? Realized it was almost 6 checked in realized there was no time saw the options read those posts and voted. I thought it was weird people weren't here and there was only 1 vote on nutella. I had just subbed in so I didn't want to miss a vote. I made a quick decision and made an incorrect one. I also had a civ read on you and saw you hadn't voted nutella despite voicing suspicion and you were here so at the time I thought maybe I missed something. I wasnt aware you had that vote thing so I put my vote on oreki. I thought missing a vote was going to make me have to get subbed in again or modkilled or something and I read too fast and made a decision too quickly. It was poor playing and judgement on my part and I should have been paying more attention. Sighhhh one of these days I'll get better at this game. Blahhhh
~Darren Shan~
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sabie12 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 am
juliets wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:03 am

For Mac I am still torn.

I guess I could see why you might think that, but no that's not what happened.
I'll be completely honest with you I was about to head out the door to go out on a date with the boyfriend and was like wait what time is it? Realized it was almost 6 checked in realized there was no time saw the options read those posts and voted. I thought it was weird people weren't here and there was only 1 vote on nutella. I had just subbed in so I didn't want to miss a vote. I made a quick decision and made an incorrect one. I also had a civ read on you and saw you hadn't voted nutella despite voicing suspicion and you were here so at the time I thought maybe I missed something. I wasnt aware you had that vote thing so I put my vote on oreki. I thought missing a vote was going to make me have to get subbed in again or modkilled or something and I read too fast and made a decision too quickly. It was poor playing and judgement on my part and I should have been paying more attention. Sighhhh one of these days I'll get better at this game. Blahhhh
ok sabie thanks. I probably should have put a vote on nutella so it wouldn't be confusing to someone who came in late and then pulled it over to oreki before time expired.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:18 am I am also pretty suspicious of Rej right now. Dude hasn't stuck solid on his reads at all as far as I can tell.
I got lost inbetween that's how I reason my lackluster reads. I couldn't have my eyes on every player because I am confronted with some next level plays in here. Putting your FOS on me is justified, but I also consider myself being now the easiest lynch for scum to break into LYLO/MYLO and take this home.
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I'm sorry to everyone for being so absent yesterday evening. Funeral is this afternoon but I will be here more today

I’ve been reading the game but I’m not quite finished.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I see there is some suspicion of Nutella. I didn’t trust her at first, I think because of her day 1 vote post. I can’t remember now so I’ll iso her and the people who suspect her. For some reason, I had quit watching her.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matahari wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:28 pm I'm sorry to everyone for being so absent yesterday evening. Funeral is this afternoon but I will be here more today

I’ve been reading the game but I’m not quite finished.
Mata it was totally understandable why you weren't here. I certainly never expected you to be here. Your priority is with your family at this time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Rej wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:13 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:18 am I am also pretty suspicious of Rej right now. Dude hasn't stuck solid on his reads at all as far as I can tell.
I got lost inbetween that's how I reason my lackluster reads. I couldn't have my eyes on every player because I am confronted with some next level plays in here. Putting your FOS on me is justified, but I also consider myself being now the easiest lynch for scum to break into LYLO/MYLO and take this home.
Creature mocks our primitive, simple Mafia minds, while Rej praises our next-level plays. :ponder:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't know what to say anymore but I swear I'm not mafia. I will be very surprised if juliets isn't but there is a small POE at this point and I'm also reconsidering rej and sabie. I didn't like sabie's last minute vote, she explained that she was in a rush but she said something about "the case on oreki" without appearing to have any awareness of what that was. Seems like scum joining an easy bandwagon and attempting to provide a reason.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

And rej could have me fooled, I've never played with him before and got town vibes but maybe he is just very skilled at looking that way as scum.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I think Mac is 3P.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But it's possible he's mafia and has been craftily engineering the game from the beginning to steer mislynches. Having just been scummates with Mac I can more easily see that being the case here the longer it goes on.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't play this badly as Mafia
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

nutella wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:41 pm I don't know what to say anymore but I swear I'm not mafia. I will be very surprised if juliets isn't but there is a small POE at this point and I'm also reconsidering rej and sabie. I didn't like sabie's last minute vote, she explained that she was in a rush but she said something about "the case on oreki" without appearing to have any awareness of what that was. Seems like scum joining an easy bandwagon and attempting to provide a reason.
I did say actually why I voted there. In my quick review of what was going on I thought he seemed paranoid and not putting in a lot of effort. I can admit though that obviously I was qrong.
I see now your only reason for voting oreki was you following rej and you didn't want votes on you. So you didn't have a big case made out on them either. From what I saw the suspicion on oreki was coming from rej. I'll have to take a closer look at him.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

With the back and forth with nutella and juliets I feel like at least one of them is probably bad. I was leaning nutella. Also going to look at rej.
BWT hasnt been around much. I didnt think there was much from indiglo either lately other than that they were experiencing technical issues.
~Darren Shan~
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I ISOd nutella and Long Con before I left. I’ll start on others now.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hi [mention]Rej[/mention] could you please answer these questions I posed and LC seconded? I never saw any cases.
Long Con wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:48 am
juliets wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:31 pm
Rej wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:23 pm I just wrote a half case and it got deleted, I cry q.q

Short summary:
Mac profits from Drago kill
Oreki profits from Drago kill
Matahari profits in no way from Drago kill
BWT leaning town
juliets unsure
Long Con/Nutella/Sabie12 one of them might be Wolf
Rej, I would have to see your cases tomorrow.
Drago called Mata bad so why wouldn't she profit from his death?
Drago also called you bad, so don't you profit from his death?
Why does Oreki profit from his death?
I want to hear answers to these questions

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”