[Game Over] Better Off Ted

Moderator: Community Team

Whose feelings are hurt by Long Con's accusations?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes
indiglo
No votes
juliets
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Matahari
No votes
nutella
64%
Rej
No votes
sabie12
9%
No Lynch
No votes
The Syphilitic Conquistadors (Host/Non/Dead)
27%

Total votes: 11
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Re: [Day 1] Better Off Ted

Post by indiglo »

juliets wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:04 am
indiglo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:43 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:13 pm I want everyone to try their best to ISO read Rej. I can't make heads or tails of him except to say that I almost feel like he is POE clamped as he appears in every combination I can muster.

He has found me incredibly hard to deal with, but I am still alive, that is an indicator that I am the patsy here. That the Mafia feel like they can defeat me personally. I feel like if Rej is in the Mafia team he is not in control. Nutella is in control.

Rej + Nutella + Sokoth/Sabie. I really feel that.

We really need BWT's presence to win this though.

@indiglo can you please help?

:shrug2:

:noble:

:fist:

:pout:

:sigh:

:omg:
Uh oh, this is not good. She can't talk. Can you still vote Indi?

:nicenod:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

indiglo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:07 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:13 pm I want everyone to try their best to ISO read Rej. I can't make heads or tails of him except to say that I almost feel like he is POE clamped as he appears in every combination I can muster.

He has found me incredibly hard to deal with, but I am still alive, that is an indicator that I am the patsy here. That the Mafia feel like they can defeat me personally. I feel like if Rej is in the Mafia team he is not in control. Nutella is in control.

Ok thank goodness.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Re: [Night 4] Better Off Ted

Post by indiglo »

nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:04 am Can you tell me why you're not considering juliets?? Do you have any reason to think she's town? Because I don't.

Juliets/Rej/[Mata or Indi] is there any reason that wouldn't make sense to you?

:ponder:

:huh:

:( :(
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

juliets wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:08 am
indiglo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:07 am

Ok thank goodness.
I'm so sorry, you did vote. I didn't see it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

indiglo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:08 am
nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:04 am Can you tell me why you're not considering juliets?? Do you have any reason to think she's town? Because I don't.

I think she's asking Mac that question even though it looks like she's asking us.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 96

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Alright. I'm voting nutella after properly catching up. Basically, I'm about 50/50 on if she or Mac are bad, and depending on which one is bad entirely affects who I think both of their teammates are. Hopefully the game will continue after this phase. But if not, Mac, then my hat is off to you for manipulating this game so magnificently.

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146

Post by nutella »

indiglo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:49 am

:wall:

:scared:
indiglo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:08 am

Hmm you seem really frustrated by this. Is it just because you're (only potentially) in it or some other reason? Do you specifically have reason to believe juliets is town? Say :workit: if you are confident juliets is town. Say :sigh: if your frustration here is for some other reason not just yourself being mentioned.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:01 pm Alright. I'm voting nutella after properly catching up. Basically, I'm about 50/50 on if she or Mac are bad, and depending on which one is bad entirely affects who I think both of their teammates are. Hopefully the game will continue after this phase. But if not, Mac, then my hat is off to you for manipulating this game so magnificently.

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
.....why do you think one of me or mac has to be bad

what possibly leads you to think that's the decision here

:suspish: :suspish: :suspish:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

who wants to vote for bwt with me anyone
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I swear I'm one of like two people actively trying to solve the game and you are all just unthinkingly piling your votes on me. The town is willingly giving up its chance to win here and the mafia are happily tagging along and/or pushing for my lynch.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:15 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:51 am I'm not unconvinceable btw. Show me the real villains.
"I'm not completely set on you specifically being the mislynch. Propose someone else who's not on my team and we'll be cool."
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Mac you never answered my question about juliets. Please do.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Rej »

Guys my vote on nutella is based on me having TMI. Oreki was 100% a mislynch from my side I really have a bad run today and also the other days and I also play games on other forums. I don't mind being shot off by mafia next day and keep up the MyLo up for you guys.
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

juliets wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:15 am Hi Rej, I am looking at your switch to Oreki at the end of the day after being on nutella most of the day. Here is the post you made:
Rej wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:34 pm I am here peeking in and out, Oreki as said isn't that ambitioned to hunt scum right now and form a wagon. So I will try to do it lowlife mafiastyle as I am used to. Oreki lacked in some interactions and even if he has the same experience grade as me, he gave me more of the feeling of sheeping on the one or other wagon previously.

For Mac I am still torn.
I am also torn on Nutella, geting the same manipulative vibes than from Mac.

I hope low activity is reasoned through the weekend^^ I also wouldn't mind extending this DP by 24 hours additionally if there is a rule that allows that.
You first said "Oreki as said isn't that ambitioned to hunt scum right now and form a wagon". I looked through your posts and didn't see anywhere that you previously pointed out that he wasn't hunting scum. What did you mean by this post?

Secondly, you said "Oreki lacked in some interactions". What specifically are you talking about here?

Finally you said "even if he has the same experience grade as me he game me more of the feeling of sleeping on the one or other wagon previously". What wagon are you talking about here? Didn't you also sheep on previous wagons? What do you mean by same experience grade as you? Oreki seemed very very new to mafia and you have played many games.

I'm just overall having trouble understanding why you moved to Oreki basically out of the blue toward the end of the lynch. Did nutella say something that all of a sudden convinced you she was good? If so what was it?
Oreki was there when I played my first mafia game ever. He was also a newbie back then it has been 3 months. Oreki was just gutfeeling, I rly expected him to peek more in and out that's why I thought for real that he rolled a scum role and hence maybe couldn't handle it. I was torn on nutella too, I used my gutfeeling on Oreki partially also with meta and bad reads.

Btw I am using what I observed and learned here on other games currently, I love it!
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

And Mac Dougall is town.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Rej wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:50 pm Guys my vote on nutella is based on me having TMI. Oreki was 100% a mislynch from my side I really have a bad run today and also the other days and I also play games on other forums. I don't mind being shot off by mafia next day and keep up the MyLo up for you guys.
what
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:53 pm who wants to vote for bwt with me anyone
nutella, what is the case on bwt?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Matahari »

juliets wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:37 pm
Matahari wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:30 pm I just looked up mylo on mafiascum wiki, so I looked up FOS too. It means finger of suspicion. Is no lynch a good thing? It seems like wasting a day and allowing another nk.
I trusted Mac somewhat by the two games we were in, and thinking he’s posting suspicions by experience with players. I’m halfway through his iso but I don’t know if it’s going to change my mind.
Nutella, at one point, made a case against Juliet’s that I disagreed with, but it was a strange case. Like a three way with people arguing in circles. I’ll have to go back to the point in her iso, then flip over to the thread to recall who the third person was.
I’m going to close my eyes for awhile. I’m tired and my head hurts, so I’ll finish my reading later. I’m hoping the other absentees will be back in posting mode tomorrow.
Thanks Mata for FOS! I don't ever think to look things up over there.

After you read nutella's case be sure to read my rebuttal. You can find my rebuttal in my ISO or let me know and I will copy it here for you to read. Also, consider what my mafia motive would have been for putting -2 votes on Oreki?

Hope you lose that headache, you're probably just dog-tired from all the stress.
I read through that whole exchange and I had understood your reasoning on Nutella and Dragomir and the Creature vote. I didn’t understand the suspicion on you from them because of your take on the situation. The third person to come into that situation was BWT. I didn’t understand that either, it didn’t fit with my impression of him. Later he backed off on that suspicion of you.
I’m going to vote Nutella too. On day 1, I thought her vote post sounded over explained and that reminded me of nervous Nutella. (Which, to my mind, makes me wary of her). Then she started randomly throwing out suspicions of different people, to the point where I thought she just wasn’t terribly invested in the game. That could be a really good act, I’m aware of that.
You pointed out something that made a strong point. She mentioned her case against LC didn’t pick up steam, but she really didn’t make much of a case. Of course she didn’t, she knew there wasn’t one.
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:54 pm I swear I'm one of like two people actively trying to solve the game and you are all just unthinkingly piling your votes on me. The town is willingly giving up its chance to win here and the mafia are happily tagging along and/or pushing for my lynch.
nutella, I'm not sure what your definition is of actively trying to solve the game. I'm still pushing people for information and asking about reads, like your read of bwt. It would be helpful for you to tell us your case.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Rej wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:50 pm Guys my vote on nutella is based on me having TMI. Oreki was 100% a mislynch from my side I really have a bad run today and also the other days and I also play games on other forums. I don't mind being shot off by mafia next day and keep up the MyLo up for you guys.
Rej, when you say TMI here what do you mean?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

juliets wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:47 pm
Rej, when you say TMI here what do you mean?
As this is a no-claim game I can't reveal anything right? Just take Mac out from suspicion and lets go for nutella. TMI is too much info, I have info beyond reading skills and mindgaming since last night. As we have MyLo my only right move here was cleaning out Mac from suspicion and make myself the best target for mafia. Amen. I am looking forward to the next game when I become better. :beer:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Something is wrong here. All the mafia are voting for nutella. I don't like it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm going to take a break and come back to this in a bit.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:38 pm Something is wrong here. All the mafia are voting for nutella. I don't like it.
Took you long enough lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:19 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:53 pm who wants to vote for bwt with me anyone
nutella, what is the case on bwt?
he sounds bad
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

also like specifically his last post sounds like he has created a false dichotomy between me and mac saying one of us has to be bad when that's not necessarily true. sounds like a fake justification for joining my wagon.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

hm rej that's not usually what we mean by TMI but also dangerously close to claiming info lol.

might be enough to make me think you're town for now though

[VOTE: bwt] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:48 pm hm rej that's not usually what we mean by TMI but also dangerously close to claiming info lol.

got it, so TMI is only used for scum knowledge?
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:47 pm also like specifically his last post sounds like he has created a false dichotomy between me and mac saying one of us has to be bad when that's not necessarily true. sounds like a fake justification for joining my wagon.
why you think you could be the easiest lynch today?
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Rej wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:33 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:48 pm hm rej that's not usually what we mean by TMI but also dangerously close to claiming info lol.

got it, so TMI is only used for scum knowledge?
yeah specifically we use it to refer to scum knowing someone is town because they know they're not scum
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Rej wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:34 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:47 pm also like specifically his last post sounds like he has created a false dichotomy between me and mac saying one of us has to be bad when that's not necessarily true. sounds like a fake justification for joining my wagon.
why you think you could be the easiest lynch today?
I don't know, you tell me. Why am I apparently the easiest lynch today?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Rej, here's what I don't understand. If what you say is true it is called info-dumping and it's against the rules.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 152

Post by MacDougall »

So I had a full night's sleep and I still don't see a decent case for anyone aside from Nutella.

I do see her and Rej distancing though.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:48 pm So I had a full night's sleep and I still don't see a decent case for anyone aside from Nutella.

Literally everyone is voting for me? Does that not concern you?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Civs you have an hour to decide not to fuck up.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:48 pm So I had a full night's sleep and I still don't see a decent case for anyone aside from Nutella.

Literally everyone is voting for me? Does that not concern you?
What else are your teammates supposed to do? Reveal themselves?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Rej, what do you think about sable?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:49 pm Civs you have an hour to decide not to fuck up.
You are talking at us rather than with us.

YOU have an hour to provide us with a decent case if you are a civilian.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Rej[/mention] sorry I didn't alert you. What do you think about sabie?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:05 am And I also totally disagree with you on bwt, I have zero reason to clear him either.

This is fucking hard. Don't mislynch me though. I'm actually invested in this unlike the other game.
If you are so invested where are your suspects?

The way you speak makes it sound like you know your lynch continues the game. A mislynch wouldn't divest you from the game. It would end it.

You are definitely invested in this game I will give you that. Invested in your scum win.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I know why BWT has us as 50/50 as well with a different scumcrew. I went through the same thought process. This game doesn't arrive here without a deepwolf.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:52 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:49 pm Civs you have an hour to decide not to fuck up.

Dude the problem is I could see pretty much anyone being the mafia at this point. I have made cases on most of them and I'm not confident about any of them. That's how it goes when town has no information and there are too many possible worlds. You don't seem to be considering enough of those possible worlds.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:56 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:05 am And I also totally disagree with you on bwt, I have zero reason to clear him either.

This is fucking hard. Don't mislynch me though. I'm actually invested in this unlike the other game.
If you are so invested where are your suspects?

The way you speak makes it sound like you know your lynch continues the game. A mislynch wouldn't divest you from the game. It would end it.

You are definitely invested in this game I will give you that. Invested in your scum win.
I really suspect bwt right now and I think he's been coasting along, probably with you or juliets as a more active teammate.

And you're twisting my words about my being invested. I don't want to be mislynched because I don't want to die and I want a town victory. I'm sick of watching these mislynches catch on as easily as they have since Day 1.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

You are painting this narrative so hard and so relentlessly that I'm becoming more and more convinced you are bad and this is going exactly how you want it to go. I'm trying my goddamn best here don't you get on my case for not having a "case"
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:58 pm I know why BWT has us as 50/50 as well with a different scumcrew. I went through the same thought process. This game doesn't arrive here without a deepwolf.
And it's you or juliets.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:04 pm

Dude the problem is I could see pretty much anyone being the mafia at this point. I have made cases on most of them and I'm not confident about any of them. That's how it goes when town has no information and there are too many possible worlds. You don't seem to be considering enough of those possible worlds.
I have considered all of them.

One involves a bastard role.

One involves a Mafia team fluking their way to a flawless victory with a cop that hasn't managed to net a single red peek while still alive and who no showed an entire day as a team and Mac/Nutella hard towning and not solving a single Mafia.

One involves Nutella being a skillful deepwolf and carrying her team to mylo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:08 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:58 pm I know why BWT has us as 50/50 as well with a different scumcrew. I went through the same thought process. This game doesn't arrive here without a deepwolf.
And it's you or juliets.
If it's Juliets I would be very, very surprised.

And unless I misread my role PM and no showed the scumchat all game it isn't me.

It's either you or it's the flukiest scumwin ever. C'est la vie
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:09 pm

One involves a Mafia team fluking their way to a flawless victory with a cop that hasn't managed to net a single red peek while still alive and who no showed an entire day as a team and Mac/Nutella hard towning and not solving a single Mafia.

Not sure what the bastard role you're thinking of is here.

Not sure why you don't include juliets as a possible deepwolf.

It's probably both of you.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:10 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:09 pm

Not sure what the bastard role you're thinking of is here.

Not sure why you don't include juliets as a possible deepwolf.

It's probably both of you.
You are talking to me. You aren't going to save yourself from me by calling me Mafia.

Assume Juliets and I are civilians and convince me who is bad.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:10 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:08 pm
And it's you or juliets.
If it's Juliets I would be very, very surprised.

And unless I misread my role PM and no showed the scumchat all game it isn't me.

It's either you or it's the flukiest scumwin ever. C'est la vie
It's not me.

And you keep saying that if it's the less active people it's a "fluke." I disagree. The way they have skated by but still avoided getting lynched would be expert mafia play, even if some of that is inadvertent via being busy irl.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”