Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (END)

Moderator: Community Team

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (NIGHT 3)

Post by Sloonei »

Iron Man is mafia.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:18 am
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:53 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:26 pm
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:17 pm Jack seems like he's gone through most of this game with a bit of a...carefree attitude to me with lots of jokes and humor.

Jack, what are some good reason(s) to not vote for you on Day 4 and why you aren't one of the two remaining baddies? Because Colin's role reveal makes me feel the least good about you now.
1) I would have killed Glor N1 if I was a wolf. I hate his truth meta. I think it’s against the spirit of the game. He’s unlynchable if town. I’m a good tap dancer. As a wolf, I don’t shoot people to take pressure off myself. I shoot people I can’t mislynch and wolf Jack can’t mislynch town Glor. Last time I tried, he turned what should have been a mislynch into a scum lynch with truth meta. I called for him to be modkilled. Threatened to replace out. Said he ruined the game for me. If I have a nk and Glor is town, he doesn’t last past night 1.

As I stated earlier in the game, I tend to not take much credence in meta-based evidence. I just have never felt it to hold a lot of water and I've seen too many people change their meta over time, so I don't think it's as valid as a lot of mafia players think it is.

2) Sabie ended D1 and D2 voting for me. She put me a coin flip away from death D1. Look at her posts. We aren’t teamed.

I threw out the idea of her covering for one teammate and her busing another. Doesn't rule out her busing you.

3) Creature is an easy mislynch if you don’t know his meta. Wolf Jack lets him get mislynched instead of insisting Creature is 100% town and backing it up with post counts. Sloonei’s posts about Creature’s meta are incorrect or lies btw. There’s a significant difference between his scum game here and in Arrowverse.

See my previous comment about metas.

4) When he voted for me, Colin said he’d switch to Sloonei if people were interested. He clearly did not red peek me.

I'm willing to give you this one to a certain degree. It could also mean that he just didn't red peek you too. Or Sloonei for that matter.
“Meta is useless” is a thing wolves say when meta is inconvenient.

If Sabie was bussing a partner to defend another partner, who is the other partner? The wagons were BWT1 (flipped town), Sabie (by definition not another partner), Jack (being bussed) and Sprityo (seemingly copped town). Plus, it doesn’t make sense to sacrifice Jack to earn cred for Sabie. Sabie has stuff going on irl. Jack is doing okay. Sabie gets lynched sometimes as town and often as mafia. Jack rarely gets mislynched and can carry a wolfteam. Sabie had drawn major heat from Mac. Jack had townreads from LC, Tony and Creature. If Sabie and I were going to bus for cred, I’d be the one to bus her.

To hand wave this as just “meta” is false. I’m not making a meta argument here. I’m saying why would wolf Jack stop an easy mislynch of town Creature?
Sorry I should have clarified. I thought you were trying to use "meta" in the sense of "one's normal mafia-playing behavior," not in terms of meta-gaming.

So you think with Sabie having other irl stuff going on that it makes it less likely she would bus a teammate in this game? I mean, I get that for those reasons. I just feel like on a team of 2 + 1, the natural mafia move is to bus one teammate and back the other up.

So then who do you think sabie bussed that is likely to be a teammate if it's not you?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:21 am
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:57 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:17 pm There are reasons to believe Glor is antialigned with Sloonei and Sabie.

There are reasons to think BWT is antialigned with Sloonei.
Which one of those is most worth attempting to you? I feel slightly better about you but not that much, but my #2 suspect is currently Sloonei and I could stand to vote for him on D4.
I mean, Sloonei should be the lynch.

It’s a round about way of saying “Glor is in the POE but maybe he shouldn’t be.”
If this isn't a MYLO lynch coming up, then I might try to go for additional information with who I vote for. If it is, then I will have to make a hard decision one way or another.

But talking more is starting to clarify more for me, so I definitely want to keep doing it.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:21 am So let’s lynch Sloonei and if he flips as the recruit, I’ll consider Mac cleared.
I'm starting to think this might be the better option over you. How Sloonei flips may determine for me who is on the baddie team.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:32 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:21 am So let’s lynch Sloonei and if he flips as the recruit, I’ll consider Mac cleared.
I'm starting to think this might be the better option over you. How Sloonei flips may determine for me who is on the baddie team.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:06 pm
EBWOP cause I didn’t say anything.

Sloon flips recruit clears Mac.

Sloon flips Master points to Mac recruit.

Sloon flips wolf points to town Jack, town Tony, town Creature.

Sloon flips town, points to those same players + Mac as potential wolves.

He’s the most likely wolf and we learn the most from his id.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

"How did Sabie treat her teammates in Arrowverse?"

sabie was just bad in another recent game, Arrowverse. Her partners there were nutella and Cooler. So let's take a look at how she handled each of them that game.

Cooler was lynched Day 1 so there wasn't much chance for sabie to interact with him. This is the extent of her commentary on him:
sabie12 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:23 pm Out of the people currently with votes I think my suspicions are more towards lux.
Nutella is iffy and difficult to read because she is often pretty wishy washy as people said but I think right now I feel worse about lux.
I dont think cooler has really said much of anything and ultra idk I just figured they're new and trying to figure out how we do things.
I will take a look at some of the other people mentioned as well and reread lux iso.
Players who received similar treatment in this game: oreki/birdwithteeth2.0, Dragomir, Colin.

nutella outlived sabie (who died Night 2), and sabie had a bit more to say about her:
sabie12 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:09 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:34 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:21 am I can see both sides of the argument on gth reads. I always end up not being around when they happen so I always miss it. This early I kinda struggle to have any good reads on anyone so it's hard to decide that quickly. At the same time I also get slooneis point that it gets a conversation going and moves things in a direction. From what I've seen slooneis usual goal is to try to post a lot and get people talking in the beginning of the game.
Hey sabie. Let's start with the players you know best: what do you think of Epi, nutella, juliets, and me so far?
Well you are doing what you normally do in making long posts getting people talking asking questions etc which has a lot of times been town sloon. I feel like you and nutella have had a back and forth thing in some games before. She's usually kinda back and forth on things so I find her hard to read. Juliets is always so nice so shes hard to read too. Epi appears to be his usual self at the moment.
You left out some other people I usually play with. jack who I feel like is doing his usual town jack stuff at the moment where he posts a lot of random stuff. That time he was bad he was way more calm and reserved it seemed.
I always tend to think mac and speed are bad which is probably unfair of me.
The newer people I think are just kinda trying to work out how we play on this site.
Still dont feel like I have solid reads for sure about people but I'm trying to keep up with everything. This day 0 has been crazy.
This doesn't really constitute a read but is just an observation about her tendency in the game. Players receiving similar treatment early in this game: Mac, Creature, Epi. I'll note more of a similarity in her handling of nutella + sloonei jointly to her handling of Creature + Epi in this game. In both instances, she lumps two players together and observes that they have had a noteworthy exchange, but refrains from commenting or picking a side. In Arrowverse, nutella was her partner and I was town. In Fallout, Epi was town. Creature's alignment is unkown.
sabie12 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:57 am Hey I was busy dying a horrible death in better off Ted mafia so now that that's over I'm back over here.
From the people who currently have votes wilgy is iffy because I remember leading an accidental mislynch on him on another game for acting how he is now. Drogomir idk them I'll have to read a bit more from them. Sloonei seems like normal town sloonei as of right now
Nutella is always kinda back and forth and I've seen her and sloonei go back and forth before like that but I dont think they were teammates.
Lux I can see where the suspicion came from there. The wording of their posts and that comment about the mafia teams was a little suspect.
Juliets I would have to read again as I don't recall what she's even said so far.
And now as I was typing sloonei changed the vote to ultra. Is that due to all that mechanics talk ik the beginning trying to get the cop role to out themselves?
Reiterates the same exact point as above.
sabie12 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:23 pm Out of the people currently with votes I think my suspicions are more towards lux.
Nutella is iffy and difficult to read because she is often pretty wishy washy as people said but I think right now I feel worse about lux.
I dont think cooler has really said much of anything and ultra idk I just figured they're new and trying to figure out how we do things.
I will take a look at some of the other people mentioned as well and reread lux iso.
Both of sabie's partners are Day 1 bandwagons. She deflects from both, but tosses the tiniest hint of shade on nutella while doing so. It doesn't look like sabie was too keen on bussing. If we assume this is consistent across this game and apply the same mindset here, this is a good look for Jack, who Sabie pursued as a "suspect" all of Day 1 (but not on Day 2). In this game she didn't deflect from any of the Day 1 wagons and offered tentative support on all of them but her own, it seems (although I can't say right now that I remember everyone who received votes on Day 1). She would end up voting for Jack.
sabie12 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm Spirityos contributions so far have been short random posts without giving any thoughts or reads and then randomly comes in and is like sabie is bad with no explanation. He did that to me before and eventually everyone realized he was wrong and that's what's happening again. Sighhhhh and I was just mislynched in another game again.
I can see where the suspicion of Mata and nutella comes from. Nutella is always kinda iffy and from what I've seen of Mata so far I'm not convinced they're town.
Lends tentative support to the nutella suspicion on Arrowverse Day 2, while lumping her together with another player, matahari, who was town. The nutella suspicion is buffered by a stronger condemnation of Matahari as the final word in this post. She gets away with appearing to support the nutella suspicion while immediately pivoting to emphasize a different suspect. I can see glimpses of the same strategy on Day 2 with Creature here and here. The diference is that in this game, sabie actually went so far as to provide a substantial argument against Creature and then even put a vote on him. But this was at a time when the lynch was sabie vs creature vs sloonei. Someone who's not me wouldn't be in the wrong to point out that sabie explicitly favored me in her argument against Creature. I have nothing to say on that and would have nothing to say if it was brought up. It is what it is. I am not sabie's teammate.

ANYWAY, the above post marks sabie's last mention of either of her teammates in Arrowverse. My takeaways from this exercise are as follows:
-Arrowverse sabie was hesitant to bus either of her partners. On Day 1, she spent energy saying nothing about either of them. On Day 2, she went so far as to call nutella "iffy", but framed the suspicion in a way that deflected, either intentionally or unintentionally, away from her partner.
-Arrowverse sabie was also hesitant to support either of her partners. Like I just said, everything she said on Day 1 was totally neutral, amounting to blank observations and shrugs about both Cooler and nutella. Players she treated like that in this game (thinking back to this post, which I've practically memorized by now) are: Mac, Creature, Epi, Dragomir, Colin, oreki/BWT2.0, and TonyStarkPrime.

So how do I feel about all of the remaining members of that list?
Macdougall - Sabie seemed to want to town read Mac after what looked like an initial attempt to shade him. Or at least that's the impression I get from the final line of this post, as well as other mentions she makes of Mac "getting her mislynched" in the past. The impression I get from sabie's handling of Fallout Mac is that she tried to test the scales against him in her first post, but after that just wanted to appease him to get him off her back. I think Mac got in her head in this game. He is either town or the recruit, and sabie was disheartened to have been undone by the player she targeted to join her team on Day 0.

Creature - Up until her Day 2 vote for Creature, I would have said that he comes out looking the worst in this exercise. sabie shrugs at him early in the game, lumping him in with Epi as a duo about whom she says nothing. She then comes out on Day 2 to kind of nod at the fact that there's suspicion against him, but doesn't say much. At the end of the Day, she claims to have ISO'd him and comes up with a reason to suspect him, but then buffers that behind a reiterated suspicion against sprit and Jack. But then she follows this post up with a vote for Creature instead of a vote for me. Maybe she just did not feel like she could justify a vote against me (she had said literally nothing about me since slapping a Day 1 town read on me), and had to vote for Creature if she wanted any chance at survival. I maintain a decent level of skepticism against Creature, but sabie's vote is definitely something to keep in mind.

birdwithteeth2.0 - On Day 1 sabie observed that Oreki had not posted. Immediately before Oreki was replaced by birdwithteeth, sabie said "Oreki and dragomir I assume are probably not planning on coming back at this point." Oreki would replaced a couple hours later. That is the extent of sabie's commentary on this player slot. I could see a teammate pairing here.

TonyStarkPrime - Sabie's initial take was "I've never played with this person before", but she quickly followed that up with "TSP is putting in effort to be involved and producing reads. I'm not suspecting [him] at this time." Besides that, she responded to one direct question from him and made one incidental and indirect reference to him, but that's it. I could see a teammate pairing here, but I do not have to and there's not really enough evidence in sabie's ISO to make a call anyway.

A few caveats are important here: in Arrowverse, sabie's entire team (herself included) was on the hotseat very early on. nutella and Cooler were both prominent Day 1 suspects, so sabie was backed into a corner and could not feasibly have defended either of them - the best she could do was shrug at them. If she had a well-concealed partner in this game, she'd be more free to say nice things about them. But my primary observation from this exercise is that sabie was not keen to bus either of her partners even though both of them were Day 1 suspects in the thread.

The main caveat, of course, is that Arrowverse Mafia is not Fallout Mafia. There is no reason to assume that sabie would come into this game with the exact same approach. Situations are always different and players adapt. All I'm really looking for here is evidence of sabie's mindset toward mafia partners in past situations. And one of the things I'm taking away from this exercise is that it's once again difficult to see a mafia Jackofhearts in this game right now. But not impossible.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:09 pm

I absolutely am not and I will not be getting lynched tomorrow.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Whatever POE process has resulted in me as the pivotal lynch for Day 4 is wrong. Not necessarily flawed, but it is factually inaccurate. This should spark desperation in anyone who is a civilian. It has for me. I do not think there is no reason to suspect me, but I think it should be possible (and not too difficult) to read me as a civilian if anyone feels like trying to do that. Anyone who's settling for the "Let's lynch Sloonei" mindset is either a Mutant or is playing into their cause. I'm not going to stop trying to catch bad guys just because I have pitchforks pointed at me. All I ask is that the rest of you do the same. By all means, leave me in your POE pool. But don't act as if I am the only name in that pool.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:22 pm

I absolutely am not and I will not be getting lynched tomorrow.
Jack nk confirmed. 😭
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (DAY 1)

Post by Sloonei »

Tony Starks & sabie
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:05 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:37 am [VOTE: Sabie] aubergine

Let's get some obvscum out of the way.

Would also happily lynch sprityo.

LC, Epi, Creature, TSP and Sloonei town til proven otherwise.

I am ignoring cases, voting or trolling against me in this game. Deal with that as you please. Like I am not going to spend a second defending myself. I am only solving.
What are your thoughts on jack?
Mac slams a vote for sabie down on the table and calls out a handful of town reads. Tony asks him to talk about Jack and doesn't engage him on any of the existing reads, sabie included. Noted.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:44 am
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:44 am So mac has given up on defending himself or making cases on people he accuses? Or does that not even need to happen anymore because in games I've played lately it seems like people don't have to bother to give reasons anymore. Every time I think mac is bad because he's given up and doesn't care I end up being wrong so I dont know.

As of right now I don't know for sure. I have such a hard time making reads day 1. The exchange between creature and epi was interesting but I thought that about creature and another player before and everyone was like oh that's not weird and they weren't bad so I don't know. Could they be teammates? Maybe but I feel like they wouldn't be that obvious about it.

I feel like Jack and spirityo are usually more quick to go around making accusations and getting people to talk but have been more cautious this day 1. BWT also was quick to say vote epi but didnt and hasnt said much other than that they didnt know if they checked in.

We have yet to hear from oreki colin and dragomir

I dont think I've ever played with TSP before so I dont have anything to go on. Sloonei and LC seem like they're usual selves at this point.
Glorfindel seems to be making an effort to follow Jimmy's guide and be like a super civ. Could be an effort to make sure they seem as civ as possible when maybe they aren't.

Nothing to go on?!? I said like half a dozen things.
Analysis in less words than Mac: a lot of hedging. Too many words for no real scum accusation.
A general tell especially early is that mafia makes town reads and that town makes scum reads within this kinda context and this seems clear of that but clear in the sense that every analysis was “this seems suspicious I wonder what I think about that will you please tell me what I should think about it”
Mr Stark gets all up in sabie's face. Noted.

Prods BWT1.0 for a read.
Semi-relevant banter.
Supports the sabie lynch while throwing out a handful of other reads. If I'm looking at this through rose colored glasses then Tony looks great. But I'm in too skeptical of a mood for that right now. I don't know how bussing habits, but nothing I've seen so far strongly indicates that this isn't a bus job.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:11 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:45 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:06 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:58 pm I guess for me my suspicion is towards Jack and spirityo as when civ they usually are more aggressive in scum hunting and posting and this game they seem less so.

I'm sorry I'm not super familiar with glorfindel didnt mean any offense in the accusation just speculating on things. TSP is putting in effort to be involved and producing reads. I'm not suspecting either of them at this time. I dont remember playing with either of them before so by saying I dont have a lot to go on I just meant I dont know their playstyle. They're probably doing better than I am at this point.

Mac has gotten me mislynched day 1 before but he was civ just had the wrong idea about me.
If only one of Jack and spirtyo is maf which is it
Make a case
Convince me
What I've found is that when Jack is a civ he goes after people asks questions gets discussion going gets really into it and posts a lot. As a baddie he wasn't like that he was a lot more chill. This game I haven't seen the usual civ Jack so far.

I guess the same could be said of bwt who you have voted for. As he also has not been as active as he was in the previous game where he was civ and has not provided much depth to suspicions and reads thus far this game.
Not convinced yet.
[VOTE: Sabie] aubergine

I have no problem with bwt he seems unoffensive I’d rather lynch our only remaining no show than him but I think this probably is the way to go.
If I go into a tunnel on Tony, this post sets off a few alarms. After having previously announced his support of the sabie lynch based on Epi's handiwork, Tony gives sabie a generic prompt for reads. She responds with the generic answer to his generic prompt, and then he just bluntly votes for her. There's no follow up question, not even something attached to the vote to provide sabie an additional chance to develop her read(s). If I'm arguing for this being a teammate interaction, I can see the whole exchange as staged: Tony tells sabie that he is going to vote for her, but they need it to look real, so he does the minimum amount of work necessary for the two of them to have a documented interaction leading up to it. After each of them has said their line, Tony drops his vote, which easily could have gone there before all this anyway, and then pivots to other topics of discussion. My issue here is that the exchange seems arbitrary and unnecessary. Tony already had established reasons to vote for sabie, but he poked her with a single interrogative question and then seemed totally indifferent to her answer. I don't think he cared about what she had to say, because I don't think this a genuine interaction from either of them. Maybe.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:25 pm Ahem. Sorry if it sounded like I was yelling.
It was clearly not going to be a unanimous vote on Sabie and it was end of day anyways so we already had vote patterns if it was the correct option then we should have been on that instead of one of three less than half baked cases against other people. I’m not sure if probability wise that was most likely to yield the best result (I am not going near Mac’s town clear of the other two that seems like garbage) but that was the only lynch with discussion today.
This is a harsher condemnation of the sabie alternatives than anything Tony had said or indicated at any time during the actual Day 1 lynch.

He gets on her case a lot during Night 1, but if I'm operating under the assumption that Tony was bussing sabie then that doesn't really matter.

He asks her some more discussion questions in the middle of the night but I don't believe she ever responded, at least not directly. Sabie was absent from the thread for a while in between this post and her next.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:10 pm Okay we’ve got 40some hours here here are the avenues that I think we should be pursuing

Creature
Colin
Sabie
sprityo

As you’ll note I sorted them by the letters their names start with.

To these four — who’s mafia? Give me names.
As far as everyone else goes, out of these four who is the most likely to be town?
I don’t have much time tonight to talk but if anyone has ideas I’ll take em.
:ponder: Tony starts the day off by immediately narrowing the focus down to just four names. Dislike.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:16 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:15 pm But also if Sabie isn’t going to be around as much there’s no point pursuing that than cases against those who’ll at least say something.
I guess same goes for sprit? In theory?
:ponder:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:15 pm I’m not up for rainbows right now (phone) but I’ll make a people I think we should lynch in order up of willingness to lynch them:

Colin
Sprit
Sabie
gap
Sloonei
Creature
gap
Glorf
Jack
Dragomir
Midway through Day 2 and sabie has dropped to third on his list, behind Colin and sprit, who we can now assume are/were both town. Noted. Sabie has remained consistently a suspect throughout for Tony, but mostly as a background suspect, with qualifying statements like, "I’d rather Sabie than Creature if that’s what it’s gonna be." He did eventually vote for sabie, but I don't see where that vote actually happened.

So if I try to read Tony's treatment of sabie as an aggressive bussing strategy, it's not that difficult. Their brief exchange on Day 1 is the point that stands out the most, as is his sort of backgrounding of her as a susect for most of Day 2. I'm still not sure I would take this theory the bank, but at this stage I do not want to leave any stones unturned. I'm putting this into the thread for discussion. People read all the things I say, right?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Yeah, mostly.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:21 pm Yeah, mostly.
Talk about the big point I made about their Day 1 exchange.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Glorfindel »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] I’ll admit, when I went through my pops last night, I could see a murky thing happening there that suggested some kind of relationship between Sabie and TSP. Problem is, I can’t see a one person in a two person Mafia team bussing a PR teamie that early. I could however, if TSP had placed his vote on Sabie late Day 1 when he could do so with the least probability of her actually getting lynched (in a four-way tie) but I checked and he placed his vote on her two hours out from EoD and with all of the vote swapping that occurred after that, he couldn’t have known how it would turn out. I’m concluding that the chance of him being Sabie’s partner Day 1 is kinda low on that basis.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:06 pm @Sloonei I’ll admit, when I went through my pops last night, I could see a murky thing happening there that suggested some kind of relationship between Sabie and TSP. Problem is, I can’t see a one person in a two person Mafia team bussing a PR teamie that early. I could however, if TSP had placed his vote on Sabie late Day 1 when he could do so with the least probability of her actually getting lynched (in a four-way tie) but I checked and he placed his vote on her two hours out from EoD and with all of the vote swapping that occurred after that, he couldn’t have known how it would turn out. I’m concluding that the chance of him being Sabie’s partner Day 1 is kinda low on that basis.
I don't disagree. But it's possible the Master has some access to vote manipulation which we are unaware of.

They also would have been well on their way to becoming a 3-member team. It was virtually impossible to prevent that from happening.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But also, here's another thing that pinged me about Tony when reviewing his posts:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:15 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:12 pm
Creature wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:10 pm Sloonei's switch to birdwithteeth looks bad now
Analysis: Bullshit
Seems like good analysis
A few hours later...
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:20 am
Creature wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:10 pm Sloonei's switch to birdwithteeth looks bad now
This is dumb and what makes me suspect creature outside of just potential w/w with sabie.

Though I don’t buy the narrative that creature came in and caused a firestorm it seems like most of the game played around him just fine.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

OK, after reading Sloonei’s posts (subsequent to this one) I’m convinced that you might be Town (still don’t feel like I can trust you though). That said, I reiterate my stance on his lynch - unless something happens that substantially implicates him as Mafia, I’m not jumping aboard your ‘lynch Sloonei train’.

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 201

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:15 pm Iron Man is mafia.
You should start an anti-fan club with Mac.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:10 pm But also, here's another thing that pinged me about Tony when reviewing his posts:
Seems like good analysis
A few hours later...
This is dumb and what makes me suspect creature outside of just potential w/w with sabie.

Though I don’t buy the narrative that creature came in and caused a firestorm it seems like most of the game played around him just fine.
What?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:10 pm But also, here's another thing that pinged me about Tony when reviewing his posts:
Seems like good analysis
A few hours later...

What?
What was the “good analysis” in post 1?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:03 pm Tony Starks & sabie

I am ignoring cases, voting or trolling against me in this game. Deal with that as you please. Like I am not going to spend a second defending myself. I am only solving.
Mac slams a vote for sabie down on the table and calls out a handful of town reads. Tony asks him to talk about Jack and doesn't engage him on any of the existing reads, sabie included. Noted.
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:44 am So mac has given up on defending himself or making cases on people he accuses? Or does that not even need to happen anymore because in games I've played lately it seems like people don't have to bother to give reasons anymore. Every time I think mac is bad because he's given up and doesn't care I end up being wrong so I dont know.

As of right now I don't know for sure. I have such a hard time making reads day 1. The exchange between creature and epi was interesting but I thought that about creature and another player before and everyone was like oh that's not weird and they weren't bad so I don't know. Could they be teammates? Maybe but I feel like they wouldn't be that obvious about it.

I feel like Jack and spirityo are usually more quick to go around making accusations and getting people to talk but have been more cautious this day 1. BWT also was quick to say vote epi but didnt and hasnt said much other than that they didnt know if they checked in.

I dont think I've ever played with TSP before so I dont have anything to go on. Sloonei and LC seem like they're usual selves at this point.
Glorfindel seems to be making an effort to follow Jimmy's guide and be like a super civ. Could be an effort to make sure they seem as civ as possible when maybe they aren't.

Analysis in less words than Mac: a lot of hedging. Too many words for no real scum accusation.
A general tell especially early is that mafia makes town reads and that town makes scum reads within this kinda context and this seems clear of that but clear in the sense that every analysis was “this seems suspicious I wonder what I think about that will you please tell me what I should think about it”

Prods BWT1.0 for a read.
Semi-relevant banter.
Supports the sabie lynch while throwing out a handful of other reads. If I'm looking at this through rose colored glasses then Tony looks great. But I'm in too skeptical of a mood for that right now. I don't know how bussing habits, but nothing I've seen so far strongly indicates that this isn't a bus job.
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:58 pm I guess for me my suspicion is towards Jack and spirityo as when civ they usually are more aggressive in scum hunting and posting and this game they seem less so.

I'm sorry I'm not super familiar with glorfindel didnt mean any offense in the accusation just speculating on things. TSP is putting in effort to be involved and producing reads. I'm not suspecting either of them at this time. I dont remember playing with either of them before so by saying I dont have a lot to go on I just meant I dont know their playstyle. They're probably doing better than I am at this point.

Mac has gotten me mislynched day 1 before but he was civ just had the wrong idea about me.
Make a case
Convince me
What I've found is that when Jack is a civ he goes after people asks questions gets discussion going gets really into it and posts a lot. As a baddie he wasn't like that he was a lot more chill. This game I haven't seen the usual civ Jack so far.

I guess the same could be said of bwt who you have voted for. As he also has not been as active as he was in the previous game where he was civ and has not provided much depth to suspicions and reads thus far this game.
Not convinced yet.

I have no problem with bwt he seems unoffensive I’d rather lynch our only remaining no show than him but I think this probably is the way to go.
If I go into a tunnel on Tony, this post sets off a few alarms. After having previously announced his support of the sabie lynch based on Epi's handiwork, Tony gives sabie a generic prompt for reads. She responds with the generic answer to his generic prompt, and then he just bluntly votes for her. There's no follow up question, not even something attached to the vote to provide sabie an additional chance to develop her read(s). If I'm arguing for this being a teammate interaction, I can see the whole exchange as staged: Tony tells sabie that he is going to vote for her, but they need it to look real, so he does the minimum amount of work necessary for the two of them to have a documented interaction leading up to it. After each of them has said their line, Tony drops his vote, which easily could have gone there before all this anyway, and then pivots to other topics of discussion. My issue here is that the exchange seems arbitrary and unnecessary. Tony already had established reasons to vote for sabie, but he poked her with a single interrogative question and then seemed totally indifferent to her answer. I don't think he cared about what she had to say, because I don't think this a genuine interaction from either of them. Maybe.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:25 pm Ahem. Sorry if it sounded like I was yelling.
It was clearly not going to be a unanimous vote on Sabie and it was end of day anyways so we already had vote patterns if it was the correct option then we should have been on that instead of one of three less than half baked cases against other people. I’m not sure if probability wise that was most likely to yield the best result (I am not going near Mac’s town clear of the other two that seems like garbage) but that was the only lynch with discussion today.
This is a harsher condemnation of the sabie alternatives than anything Tony had said or indicated at any time during the actual Day 1 lynch.

He gets on her case a lot during Night 1, but if I'm operating under the assumption that Tony was bussing sabie then that doesn't really matter.

He asks her some more discussion questions in the middle of the night but I don't believe she ever responded, at least not directly. Sabie was absent from the thread for a while in between this post and her next.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:10 pm Okay we’ve got 40some hours here here are the avenues that I think we should be pursuing

Creature
Colin
Sabie
sprityo

As far as everyone else goes, out of these four who is the most likely to be town?
:ponder: Tony starts the day off by immediately narrowing the focus down to just four names. Dislike.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:15 pm But also if Sabie isn’t going to be around as much there’s no point pursuing that than cases against those who’ll at least say something.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:15 pm I’m not up for rainbows right now (phone) but I’ll make a people I think we should lynch in order up of willingness to lynch them:

Colin
Sprit
Sabie
gap
Sloonei
Creature
gap
Glorf
Jack
Dragomir
Midway through Day 2 and sabie has dropped to third on his list, behind Colin and sprit, who we can now assume are/were both town. Noted. Sabie has remained consistently a suspect throughout for Tony, but mostly as a background suspect, with qualifying statements like, "I’d rather Sabie than Creature if that’s what it’s gonna be." He did eventually vote for sabie, but I don't see where that vote actually happened.

So if I try to read Tony's treatment of sabie as an aggressive bussing strategy, it's not that difficult. Their brief exchange on Day 1 is the point that stands out the most, as is his sort of backgrounding of her as a susect for most of Day 2. I'm still not sure I would take this theory the bank, but at this stage I do not want to leave any stones unturned. I'm putting this into the thread for discussion. People read all the things I say, right?
Most of this analysis isn’t worth bothering with. It’s contrived and Sloonei seems aware of that while he makes the argument. but as I always say (like twice) self aware scum is still scum.

(I think I voted for Sabie around 10-15 minutes before end of day 2 and then you moved your vote to Creature I think to tie it up for clarification)

The one thing I’m offended enough by to clarify is the main idea that I voted for Sabie without engaging about her answer thereby suggesting I didn’t care therefore maybe it was staged. I pointed out then and later that the second paragraph of Sabie’s answer was opportunistic, buddying, and didn’t answer the question laid out.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:45 pm
Seems like good analysis
A few hours later...

What?
Epi’s analysis
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:45 pm
Seems like good analysis
A few hours later...

What?
Epi’s analysis
I interpreted it the other way around. :goofp:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prods BWT1.0 for a read.
Semi-relevant banter.

Make a case
Convince me

Not convinced yet.

Creature
Colin
Sabie
sprityo

Colin
Sprit
Sabie
gap
Sloonei
Creature
gap
Glorf
Jack
Dragomir

Most of this analysis isn’t worth bothering with. It’s contrived and Sloonei seems aware of that while he makes the argument. but as I always say (like twice) self aware scum is still scum.

(I think I voted for Sabie around 10-15 minutes before end of day 2 and then you moved your vote to Creature I think to tie it up for clarification)

The one thing I’m offended enough by to clarify is the main idea that I voted for Sabie without engaging about her answer thereby suggesting I didn’t care therefore maybe it was staged. I pointed out then and later that the second paragraph of Sabie’s answer was opportunistic, buddying, and didn’t answer the question laid out.
So you’re certain I’m scum then?

My issue was that your question for Sabie on Day 1 didn’t seem necessary. It looked like your mind was made up before you asked it, and it didn’t seem like you really cared about what the answer would be. That you cited it later on doesn’t really affect that. My point is that a civilian in that position would probably want to engage their suspect more than you did. You asked one generic question and the exchange ended there. I don’t know why it needed to happen.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Don't touch my power armor, initiate.

With the loss of General Maxson, the Brotherhood of Steel doubled-down on their efforts to root out the super mutant operation. One of them in particular was extremely hostile in his pursuit of vengeance. His men always hated him; he was such a damned prick. When push came to shove though, and his unit needed him most, he stood in the face of hopeless odds against a mutant squad. He died saving his men from certain doom, and he made sure to take as many of those green bastards with him as possible.

sprityo has been killed. He was:

RHOMBUS

Day 4 is underway. You have 24 hours to lynch someone. The store and casino remain open.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (DAY 4)

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: tonystarkprime] aubergine because this game needs to be turned on its head.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:58 pm

Prods BWT1.0 for a read.
Semi-relevant banter.

Make a case
Convince me

Not convinced yet.

Creature
Colin
Sabie
sprityo

Colin
Sprit
Sabie
gap
Sloonei
Creature
gap
Glorf
Jack
Dragomir

So you’re certain I’m scum then?

My issue was that your question for Sabie on Day 1 didn’t seem necessary. It looked like your mind was made up before you asked it, and it didn’t seem like you really cared about what the answer would be. That you cited it later on doesn’t really affect that. My point is that a civilian in that position would probably want to engage their suspect more than you did. You asked one generic question and the exchange ended there. I don’t know why it needed to happen.
No it’s just a thing I have said. You’re in POE for me, I think you’re involved in a lot of potential sets and your interactions haven’t looked good but you’ve provided insane amounts of content to the degree that I doubt any scum would be able to provide.

Oh. I guess I get that? If Sabie has given a better answer I might have engaged more the fact that the post was super scummy wasn’t going to push that engagement.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

If it wasn’t already obvious, my vote was always going to start on Creature today and I see no reason at all not to pursue that now.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:15 pm If it wasn’t already obvious, my vote was always going to start on Creature today and I see no reason at all not to pursue that now.
I still see him as a viable recruit. I could maybe see evidence for Mac as well. I was about to ISO him a couple hours ago but I wanted to make sure he survived the night before expending the effort.

Care to reiterate the main points against Creature? Who else is on your list today?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:04 pm [VOTE: tonystarkprime] aubergine because this game needs to be turned on its head.
I can guarantee you that’s not a winning strategy if you’re town and you seem smart enough to find a winning strategy.

So I guess [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

#busassaurus
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

i died as I lived, half assed good luck town :beer:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 127

Post by MacDougall »

Creature needs to die
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:04 pm [VOTE: tonystarkprime] aubergine because this game needs to be turned on its head.
I can guarantee you that’s not a winning strategy if you’re town and you seem smart enough to find a winning strategy.

This is also not a winning strategy. If voting for you is not a winning strategy and voting for me is not a winning strategy, why don’t we help each other figure out what is?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Or we could, you know, do nothing.

I want to take a look at everybody today. No stone left unturned and all that. I overextended myself on my run today and have been lying in bed on a endorphine cloud ever since, but once I have energy and motivation again i plan on asking myself what my best argument for and against every one of you is. I think that would be a good place to start and I encourage others to give it a try.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:46 pm

This is also not a winning strategy. If voting for you is not a winning strategy and voting for me is not a winning strategy, why don’t we help each other figure out what is?
Okay fine. Let’s do it. In the interest of doing it right let’s consider all the possibilities, not just the ones most likely.

Here’s the short version.

Creature master
Given the meta defense from Jack it’s hard to see Creature as master. His play hasn’t been particularly townie but he did vote for Sabie day 2 and he posted a lot in early phases which is generally a town signal. His style of play has changed dramatically since day 2 BUT noting below he seems unlikely as a recruit unless someone were really going with something expected. Recruits Jack, Mac, Sloonei.

Jack master
I can’t objectively build this case. Likely recruits probably LC, Mac, Epi, me (according to him), Sloonei, maybe Creature (they’d played together right).

Sloonei master
Sloonei has played a town leader game, being on every lynch thus far and contributing vast walls of info. However that play has involved hedging in important situations and heavily questionable interactions with Creature and Colin and a lack of meaningful interaction with Sabie. Likely recruit Mac based on play thus far.

BWT master
This strikes me in some ways as the most simple explanation. he’s been playing thus far exactly as I would as a replacement into mafia, lying low but contributing to the discussion as necessary. Likely recruits Sloonei, Creature, maybe Mac or Jack

Mac master
Mac would have engaged upon insane amounts of bussing upon Sabie night one. That’s questionable but plausible. If he were the master I think BWT, Jack, or Glorf are the most common recruits. He’s also played with Creature so maybe that too.

TSP master
I can’t objectively build this case. I’d pick Jack, LC, or Creature as a recruit.

Glorf master
Glorf as any mafia role has taken on suspicion because apparently he has a town oriented meta which Jack really hates. Glorf has played similarly to BWT, contributing to various cases but taking no active roles (that said the only real lynch leader has been Mac on Sabie). Likely recruits Mac or Sloonei
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:02 pm Or we could, you know, do nothing.

I want to take a look at everybody today. No stone left unturned and all that. I overextended myself on my run today and have been lying in bed on a endorphine cloud ever since, but once I have energy and motivation again i plan on asking myself what my best argument for and against every one of you is. I think that would be a good place to start and I encourage others to give it a try.
I made you a list where should I look next
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Well, for a start, I’d like to explore this post. I’m halfway through ‘Couch to 5K’ and would love to hear your experiences with running, Sloonei. How far do you normally run? How far is ‘over-extending’ yourself? Any tips for a beginner?

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:22 pm

Okay fine. Let’s do it. In the interest of doing it right let’s consider all the possibilities, not just the ones most likely.

Creature master
Given the meta defense from Jack it’s hard to see Creature as master. His play hasn’t been particularly townie but he did vote for Sabie day 2 and he posted a lot in early phases which is generally a town signal. His style of play has changed dramatically since day 2 BUT noting below he seems unlikely as a recruit unless someone were really going with something expected. Recruits Jack, Mac, Sloonei.

Jack master
I can’t objectively build this case. Likely recruits probably LC, Mac, Epi, me (according to him), Sloonei, maybe Creature (they’d played together right).

Sloonei master
Sloonei has played a town leader game, being on every lynch thus far and contributing vast walls of info. However that play has involved hedging in important situations and heavily questionable interactions with Creature and Colin and a lack of meaningful interaction with Sabie. Likely recruit Mac based on play thus far.

BWT master
This strikes me in some ways as the most simple explanation. he’s been playing thus far exactly as I would as a replacement into mafia, lying low but contributing to the discussion as necessary. Likely recruits Sloonei, Creature, maybe Mac or Jack

Mac master
Mac would have engaged upon insane amounts of bussing upon Sabie night one. That’s questionable but plausible. If he were the master I think BWT, Jack, or Glorf are the most common recruits. He’s also played with Creature so maybe that too.

TSP master
I can’t objectively build this case. I’d pick Jack, LC, or Creature as a recruit.

Glorf master
Glorf as any mafia role has taken on suspicion because apparently he has a town oriented meta which Jack really hates. Glorf has played similarly to BWT, contributing to various cases but taking no active roles (that said the only real lynch leader has been Mac on Sabie). Likely recruits Mac or Sloonei
This all makes me feel worse about a Creature lynch and a Glorf lynch to a lesser extent. They’ve been acting in ways that I can find suspicious but it seems empirically unlikely that they’d be chosen as a recruit unless someone went out of their way to make an unusual pick. Mac, Sloonei, and Jack seem like the top tier of recruits so I’d assume it’s almost given that at least one of them is mafia.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:23 pm

These posts are why I can't lynch you. It's like trying to lynch a puppy. A really helpful, pragmatic puppy.

Why do you think Creature is a stretch as a recruit? I still feel like he's one of the most viable options for recruitment. Mac would be my next choice. Mac was town on Day 1 in 99 realities out of 100, but I can't speak so confidently about the rest of his game.

Which player(s) did you find you had the easiest time coming up with an argument for? And the hardest?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:33 pm

Creature master

Jack master

Sloonei master

BWT master

Mac master

TSP master

Glorf master
This all makes me feel worse about a Creature lynch and a Glorf lynch to a lesser extent. They’ve been acting in ways that I can find suspicious but it seems empirically unlikely that they’d be chosen as a recruit unless someone went out of their way to make an unusual pick. Mac, Sloonei, and Jack seem like the top tier of recruits so I’d assume it’s almost given that at least one of them is mafia.
See I just can't really subscribe to this line of thinking. Why would the mafia team target someone that would be seen as a likely candidate for recruitment? The town's eyes are going to be drawn to that player naturally. Targeting a low-key or naturally murky player (Creature, Oreki, sprityo since we're just being hypothetical) is a move that goes off the radar. Maybe the mafia team would intend to play off the assumption that the Sloonei-Mac-Jacks of the world are going to be the assumed targets.

But then there's also still the issue of the Master. Who they?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:25 pm

Well, for a start, I’d like to explore this post. I’m halfway through ‘Couch to 5K’ and would love to hear your experiences with running, Sloonei. How far do you normally run? How far is ‘over-extending’ yourself? Any tips for a beginner?
I don't know how to give tips! I've just kind of always done it. I played sports my entire childhood, then when high school ended I didn't have a natural fitness outlet and felt gross, so I decided to start running and now it's just a thing that I do for pleasure now, several years later. It relaxes me like nothing else, and I do it more for that than the fitness aspects of it, though I appreciate that as well.
Today I ran 7 miles, which isn't overdoing it by itself, but the temperature was in the upper-20s in Celsius with major humidity, and I also swallowed some bugs. I have no advice on how to avoid doing that, unfortunately.

I guess my main tip would be that your nutrition around the run is more important than the run itself. Drink lots of water and eat things that you won't regret later on, and make sure you do the proper amount of stretching before and after.

If you're just just starting out, keep in mind that every step counts as something. Don't try to achieve everything all at once but just go for minimal improvements every day.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:38 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:23 pm

These posts are why I can't lynch you. It's like trying to lynch a puppy. A really helpful, pragmatic puppy.

Why do you think Creature is a stretch as a recruit? I still feel like he's one of the most viable options for recruitment. Mac would be my next choice. Mac was town on Day 1 in 99 realities out of 100, but I can't speak so confidently about the rest of his game.

Which player(s) did you find you had the easiest time coming up with an argument for? And the hardest?
In theory I think Creature would be a great target. He would’ve been probably my first pick in a vacuum. But my main picks would be LC and Jack, strong players I feel comfortable playing scum with. Because Creature isn’t a familiar player to many here as I gather and also occupies a bit of a wild card spot in terms of playstyle it seems unlikely that a team would choose him.

I had the hardest time thinking of an argument for master for Glorf because the only thing I could think of was “if he were town he’d be dead for reasons given by Jack”. Similarly I feel like recruiting Glorf would almost be like a dishonorable move that most of the players left wouldn’t consider. Maybe sounds stupid. I had the easiest time thinking of an argument for master for BWT because he’s playing almost exactly how I would if I were in his shoes and were the master. In a lot of ways battle lines have been tentatively drawn and he has marked out a clean position away from the noise. I’ll review his posts tonight and see what I think.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:41 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:33 pm

Creature master

Jack master

Sloonei master

BWT master

Mac master

TSP master

Glorf master
See I just can't really subscribe to this line of thinking. Why would the mafia team target someone that would be seen as a likely candidate for recruitment? The town's eyes are going to be drawn to that player naturally. Targeting a low-key or naturally murky player (Creature, Oreki, sprityo since we're just being hypothetical) is a move that goes off the radar. Maybe the mafia team would intend to play off the assumption that the Sloonei-Mac-Jacks of the world are going to be the assumed targets.

But then there's also still the issue of the Master. Who they?
Disagree. I don’t think the game mechanics change much of how things will go down. Players who look scummy get lynched. Of course if you’re looking hard enough that’s everyone. But why would you pick someone who might accidentally get lynched as one of the random two normal mafia members. Additionally it’s not like there’s only one high profile player in this game. Mafia would have several options to choose from.

Master suspects: BWT, Sloonei
Recruit suspects: Mac, Sloonei, Creature??
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Yeah, Glorf's in the same tier as Mac in terms of not starting the game as mafia. But he would also be everyone's last pick for recruitment, I think. He'd be the first name I cross off my POE list.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I received a question privately which I will answer publicly:

The Supermutant team members may not submit night actions on one another's behalf.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:49 pm

I don't know how to give tips! I've just kind of always done it. I played sports my entire childhood, then when high school ended I didn't have a natural fitness outlet and felt gross, so I decided to start running and now it's just a thing that I do for pleasure now, several years later. It relaxes me like nothing else, and I do it more for that than the fitness aspects of it, though I appreciate that as well.
Today I ran 7 miles, which isn't overdoing it by itself, but the temperature was in the upper-20s in Celsius with major humidity, and I also swallowed some bugs. I have no advice on how to avoid doing that, unfortunately.

I guess my main tip would be that your nutrition around the run is more important than the run itself. Drink lots of water and eat things that you won't regret later on, and make sure you do the proper amount of stretching before and after.

If you're just just starting out, keep in mind that every step counts as something. Don't try to achieve everything all at once but just go for minimal improvements every day.
[OT} Clearly, you are sadly mistaken, my friend. That is sum quality advice that I appreciate greatly. I am (in concert with the app) increasing my capacity slowly but steadily. I’ll confess, when I started out with this thing, I didn’t think I’d make it past the first week and here I am starting Week 4 tomorrow arvo. When I start, I feel great - like I king of the world! By the time I finish, I feel I should be in intensive care in a medical facility somewhere - and I feel the same no matter how far I run. I’d been wondering if I should drink more water or eat differently on the days I run and you helped clear that up for me, so I’m most grateful for the time you took to give me that advice, my friend :bighug: [/OT]

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:51 am

[OT} Clearly, you are sadly mistaken, my friend. That is sum quality advice that I appreciate greatly. I am (in concert with the app) increasing my capacity slowly but steadily. I’ll confess, when I started out with this thing, I didn’t think I’d make it past the first week and here I am starting Week 4 tomorrow arvo. When I start, I feel great - like I king of the world! By the time I finish, I feel I should be in intensive care in a medical facility somewhere - and I feel the same no matter how far I run. I’d been wondering if I should drink more water or eat differently on the days I run and you helped clear that up for me, so I’m most grateful for the time you took to give me that advice, my friend :bighug: [/OT]
Glorf I love you. Now why should I be voting for Creature?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Witch Hunt: Why is everyone scum?

Creature - Has dropped off as the game has gone on, playstyle resembles another recent scum game. sabie kept him at arm's length when she was alive and he voted for Not Sabie Day 1.
Glorfindel - He went to great lengths to justify a scum read on Sabie Day 1. Could be an elaborate bussing effort.
Jackofhearts - Screwed around early, sabie expressed vague "iffy" scum read of him all of Day 1 and then backed off Day 2. Never voted for sabie.
Macdougall - Has dropped off since pouncing on sabie Day 1. Sabie seemed shook when he caught her Day 1. Possible recuit.
birdwithteeth - Has not done anything extraordinary one way or another since subbing in.
TonyStarkPrime - Deep wolf. I found some holes in his sabie interactions despite what would have had to be an aggressive bussing strategy.

Which of these arguments was the hardest to come up with/least convincing?
Glorfindel by a mile. Jack and birdwithteeth arguments also felt weak.

Mac needs to be the recruit if he's bad. Creature can be either, though I haven't done a deep look at his posts in a while so there might be something which changes my mind on that. I surprisingly still feel the strongest about the TonyStark read, but that could just be recency bias.

Trustfall: Why is everyone town?

Creature - Doesn't give a shit about optics. Criticism of the sabie wagon on Day 1 would be a very bold move from a Day 1 bad guy in a relatively new environment. Voted to lynch sabie.
Glorfindel - Was on board the sabie lynch from the beginning, has been an active and engaged presence throughout, Cannot Tell a Lie.
Jackofhearts - Doesn't give a shit about optics, was sabie's #1 target on Day 1.
Macdougall - Caught sabie Day 1.
birdwithteeth - Oreki wasn't even here for the first phase. birdwithteeth's presence since subbing back in resembles the player called birdwithteeth that we lynched on Day 1.
TonyStarkPrime - Look at him go. Has been the most consistent analytical voice on this list. Voted for sabie Days 1 & 2.

Glorf's still the best looking guy here (hey we're an all male game now. The Fucking Patriarchy wins again.). I feel better about my argument for birdwithteeth than the argument against him, but neither is especially strong. None of these were really difficult to come up with, honestly.

The three names that I'm getting stuck on are Mac, TSP, and Creature. A mafia team of Master Tony, Lou Tenant Sabie, and Recruit Mac might make some sense.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:51 am

Clearly, you are sadly mistaken, my friend. That is sum quality advice that I appreciate greatly. I am (in concert with the app) increasing my capacity slowly but steadily. I’ll confess, when I started out with this thing, I didn’t think I’d make it past the first week and here I am starting Week 4 tomorrow arvo. When I start, I feel great - like I king of the world! By the time I finish, I feel I should be in intensive care in a medical facility somewhere - and I feel the same no matter how far I run. I’d been wondering if I should drink more water or eat differently on the days I run and you helped clear that up for me, so I’m most grateful for the time you took to give me that advice, my friend :bighug:
Well them I'm glad I could help! Yeah, water is a very important thing. Fruit and granola also make really good pre-run snacks.
What distance/pace/however this app measures things are you at right now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”