Total votes: 5
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 4]

Post by sprityo »

Evenstar:

Town Point - Evenstar had seemingly no suspicion all game. Even while confronting Mac and Nutella, I can't think of a lot of people who openly said they suspected Evenstar or wanted to lynch her aside from Day 1.

Mafia Point - Evenstar's backtracking is what concerns me the most. I know you've already addressed this before but it is the most obvious concern for me. When you backed off Mac after he confronted your reason for suspecting him. Backtracking when you backed off nutella when she and myself repeatedly explained why your logic and graph was flawed. Not really backtracking on the iaafr doublevoter thing, more so just not thought through.

Master Radishes:

Town Point - Much like Pawn, who we seem to keep comparing Radishes to, MR has been able to effectively explain any and all questions directed at him with clarity and good reason.

Mafia Point - I'm getting Jack syndrome with MR, the only difference is MR doesnt goof around. But my issue is I don't remember specifics about MR. Blendy maybe is the word?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Evenstar »

You're scum because you've been lurking? Feels like a bad reason.

- You're scum because you made a big show of "oh no I'm getting lynched" at the end of yesterday, and now you're confidently assuring me that you were never in any danger.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:54 am No, that's not even right, the Doublevoter thing was a good piece of analysis.
Was it though? I wrote it off as not anything important. More so rabbit and pawn rolling with free "you are town" publicity
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:56 am
Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:54 am No, that's not even right, the Doublevoter thing was a good piece of analysis.
Was it though? I wrote it off as not anything important. More so rabbit and pawn rolling with free "you are town" publicity
You caught a mistake that neither I nor Pawn did. That's good enough for me to want to toss the reason and find a better one.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Master Radishes »

Yeah, that wasn't analysis. It was good logic, but not analysis.

Sprit's posts this round have been more analyse-y, though.
Master Radishes
Hitman

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:55 am Mafia Point - I'm getting Jack syndrome with MR, the only difference is MR doesnt goof around. But my issue is I don't remember specifics about MR. Blendy maybe is the word?
Sure, I think this is fair. I'm used to being a town leader on my home site, but there are louder voices here and my real life time is too limited to let me keep up with them. I also believe in teamplay, so I've been willing to sit back and let Rabbit/Eva/others take the lead. E.g. Rabbit, my strongest TR, insisted Eva was also Town, and no one else really backed the idea anyway, thus I backed off that.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:00 am Yeah, that wasn't analysis. It was good logic, but not analysis.

Eh, I see your point. Feels like hairsplitting because attention to that sort of thing is still a towntell, but sure, fine.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:08 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:00 am Yeah, that wasn't analysis. It was good logic, but not analysis.

Eh, I see your point. Feels like hairsplitting because attention to that sort of thing is still a towntell, but sure, fine.
Oh, sure, I agree with that. I'm a History teacher, so 'analysis' is a word I'm used to over-using and seeing over-used is all. :D
Master Radishes
Hitman

Right, signing off for about 12ish hours. As I say, really busy day for me today.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Feel free to @ me with anything, but I'll be reading everything anyway, so...
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I’ll ask MR about those read changes he was referring to after lunch.

And yes while I appreciate the “towntell” point. I agree that it’s just me being logical. Analysis large quantities is not my strong suit so using logic when faced with an issue and making hypothesis around voting and night kills is what I try.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Aka, anyone can be logical. Anyone could’ve seen it. I don’t know how I happened to be the one to catch it. Probably because I’ve had my eye on Evenstar all game. :shrug:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Radishes, uncertainty means I don't have TMI. Go look at the ridiculous confidence with which I pushed the X Cult thing, for a start.

The vote is a bad look, I agree. I wouldn't read into the kills like that though, because I know Lexi, Mac and you all have enough meta on me to frame me. Also, do you really think I would let both Lexi and Pawn persist in the same game with me for more than one daycycle? That's seriously bad juju, man.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:32 am My reads did change:
(i) Jack went from mild SR to mild TR to strong SR (bottom 3) to strong TR
(ii) Colin went from TR to a bottom 3 SR
(iii) Epi went from SR to TR
(iv) Sprityo went from SR to uncertain TR
So do you remember the reasons for these changes? or at least when they happened?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:56 am You're scum because you've been lurking? Feels like a bad reason.

- You're scum because you made a big show of "oh no I'm getting lynched" at the end of yesterday, and now you're confidently assuring me that you were never in any danger.
I must've missed this. Can you explain further, or who it's directed at?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:08 am
Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:56 am You're scum because you've been lurking? Feels like a bad reason.

It's directed at you, Sprityo. I recall you had three or four posts where you were moping/venting frustration about how you were first up on the chopping block.

Today, you're telling me that you tallied the votes and Pawn was a clear front-runner. In that case, why were you stressing so much about possibly getting lynched?
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

I super wish I'd taken more notes and quotes from D3. If I had them right now you wouldn't be able to plead ignorance like this.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:26 am I’ll ask MR about those read changes he was referring to after lunch.

And yes while I appreciate the “towntell” point. I agree that it’s just me being logical. Analysis large quantities is not my strong suit so using logic when faced with an issue and making hypothesis around voting and night kills is what I try.
Frankly I feel like you're being overly modest here, and it's pinging me, mostly because I do "oh that's not a real reason to townread me" more often as scum. I got IIRC Vanity with that one in WC1 for a good day and a half.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:27 am

It's directed at you, Sprityo. I recall you had three or four posts where you were moping/venting frustration about how you were first up on the chopping block.

Today, you're telling me that you tallied the votes and Pawn was a clear front-runner. In that case, why were you stressing so much about possibly getting lynched?
He wasn't the clear front runner. He clearly wouldve been lynched over colin given my notes. I still was within death's door a when I left and I had no certainty that I would live. As i explained before, I'm never not worried about eating a lynch. Youre reading confidence, I'm saying statistics. Two completely different things.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:29 am I super wish I'd taken more notes and quotes from D3. If I had them right now you wouldn't be able to plead ignorance like this.
I'm not pleading???
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:32 am
sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:26 am I’ll ask MR about those read changes he was referring to after lunch.

Frankly I feel like you're being overly modest here, and it's pinging me, mostly because I do "oh that's not a real reason to townread me" more often as scum. I got IIRC Vanity with that one in WC1 for a good day and a half.
WIFOM? :shrug: I'm simply agreeing with MR
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:32 am Let's start with me.
Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:38 am @sprityo
Frankly, it really goes against my instincts to be voting you right now. Radishes is inconsistent and wobbly, pushed me for stupid reasons, and accepted that the spiny post cleared me way too easily. I think, in my heart of hearts, even as I am voting you, that he's the scum here. I'm stomping on it 'cause I'm at lylo and therefore I am wrong.
sprityo wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:49 pm So between the option of Radishes who I haven’t tried to scrutinize. The man who was drawing a lot of different view points from everyone yesterday (and I think day 2 as well?). Points of interest I remember about Radishes was his and Pawn’s “You’re copying me” type deal with reads

By all means I would be the one lynched here since Evenstar and Radihes have the same reads. But if mafia is picking who goes where...then that would be what they want and too easy. I’m going to apply Occam’s Razor and go with that’s the case.

Radishes seemed to have pretty consistent reads from what I can remember as well. As in they didn’t change if at all. Evenstar is going to be a bag of cats to dissect
So the two real points against me appear to be my 'wobbly and inconsistent' play (what does that even mean?) and my 'pretty consistent reads' (which isn't true).

My play has been the same since the beginning; any wobbliness comes from three things:
(a) adapting my gameplay to the non-voting/non-rereading mechanics
(b) unfamiliarity with me/my meta
(c) the fact I never truly let go of my scum!Evenstar read and was trying to work around it

My reads did change:
...etc. Rabbit was a strong TR throughout, but beyond that everything was in flux to some extent.
What I mean by "wobbly and inconsistent" is that you don't seem to really believe your own reads.

The fact that your reads have shifted over time is not inherently a bad thing, and in fact too-static reads are often a scumtell: what I take issue with is how your reads have shifted. I expect to be able to understand your reasoning for why certain people are town or scum, since we come from a similar environment and you claim to have some idea how my brain works and how to pitch me a case, but everything you've personally come up with has left me cold.

Exhibit A: Me
You called me scum D2&3 based on my late D1 vote, then said you were having doubts early in D3 and used that to justify accepting Spiny's post as a clear on me. When me and Pawn called you on it, you backtracked hastily. Today you're maintaining that your heavy scumread of me remained strong for the whole day. So what you said about having doubts on D3 was a lie, then?

Exhibit B: Jack
You scumread Jack early in D3, putting him in your bottom 3 IIRC. He remained there for some time, and then I made my post about how the current PoE felt bad and I thought Jack, Colin, Dom, Sprityo were all bad cases and that Jack in particular was ML bait because he has no defenders at all. You seemed vaguely convinced by this and moved off your scumread, but returned to it later in the day for reasons that aren't really clear to me, and AFAIK that was where you left off. Now you're saying that you reversed your position again and hard-townread Jack? I don't understand the reasoning behind your flip-flops here.

Exhibit C: Pawn, Epi, Rabbit
Throughout the entire day you were "townreading" Pawn with a deeply uncertain tone. I don't recall if you actually flipped on him when I pushed him, but I definitely don't recall you defending him... and checking my spreadsheet here, it looks like one of your final 3 options was Pawn.

Epi, on the other hand, you entered the day scumreading... and then slowly slid into a townread based IIRC on his push of Rabbit, which to my eyes was excessive and unfair. You did this while townreading Rabbit, and made no attempt to break up the conflict between two of your townreads. It feels extremely convenient to me that you slid into townreading Epi in this fashion.

Furthermore, when Pawn and Epi were scumreading each other, you stood aside and let them duke it out without significantly contributing one way or the other. I can see a towny motive for this if both your reads of them were highly uncertain, but my recorded votes say you had Pawn in your bottom 3 and Epi not at this point, so that seems unlikely. I think you did make a brief post about Pawn "slanking" or "coasting" at one point, but I certainly don't recall any major contributions from you at EoD. (Unless it was you who was tinfoiling a Pawn/me scumteam? I'm fairly sure that was earlier in the day anyway.)

In Summary:
My general impression of you is that your scumread of me is your only controversial opinion. You slid towards "Jack is town" following me; you slid towards "Pawn is scum" following Epi. You claim to have only townread Pawn in the first place based on the fact that Rabbit thought he was town. You backed off your position that I was scum very quickly when Spiny's post came up, and then backed right back onto it just as quickly when I called you out on it.

You try not to get involved in conflicts in the thread, and are particularly likely to ambiguously-townread strong players like Epi and Pawn. It seems important to you that perceptive people like Epi not have reason to look at you too close: while I'm also known as a strong player, it's a lot easier to brush off suspicion from me than from someone like Epignosis, which makes your persistent scumread of me slot quite neatly into a world where I'm being framed.

As for your analysis content, I recall one solid analysis post at the beginning of D2 regarding the votals, and thereafter your reads have felt confused, vague and underspecified. I've had to prod you for reasoning multiple times, and I've rarely been satisfied with what I get out of you in response. It's also notable that you have significant falloff in contributions over time: Sprityo posts less than you, but they're much more consistent, and there's significant evidence of real heavy lifting behind the scenes. Given that most of what they've done is bullwork, this is a weaker towntell than I'd like, but they score points for getting louder in lylo while you seem to be becoming quieter.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:51 am

He wasn't the clear front runner. He clearly wouldve been lynched over colin given my notes. I still was within death's door a when I left and I had no certainty that I would live. As i explained before, I'm never not worried about eating a lynch. Youre reading confidence, I'm saying statistics. Two completely different things.
Okay, this is a good answer and brings me more around towards "my chart's just ahead/behind of yours": if you'd claimed that the data was clear I would have called you a damn liar.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

:clap: good post good post

He DID say he was gonna be bust all day, so I expect him to be back and replying within the next couple hours
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:53 am
Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:32 am

WIFOM? :shrug: I'm simply agreeing with MR
I acknowledge it's WIFOM, I just don't see why you felt the need to post your agreement with Radishes. :shrug:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:08 pm

Okay, this is a good answer and brings me more around towards "my chart's just ahead/behind of yours": if you'd claimed that the data was clear I would have called you a damn liar.
Yes because MR didnt have Pawn in his pool when I left for the night as well. As you indicated above
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:52 am
Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:29 am I super wish I'd taken more notes and quotes from D3. If I had them right now you wouldn't be able to plead ignorance like this.
I'm not pleading???
It struck me as weird that you were acting like you didn't know who the post was aimed at, because:
1: I don't think Radishes was ever a serious candidate for the lynch yesterday,
2: I don't think he's said anything today about how likely he was to be lynched yesterday.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:19 pm
I'm not pleading???
It struck me as weird that you were acting like you didn't know who the post was aimed at, because:
2: I don't think he's said anything today about how likely he was to be lynched yesterday.
I felt like it was probably meant for me, and it was after my post, it just didnt have my name in it was all. Clarification was all i was looking for really
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:13 pm
Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:08 pm

Yes because MR didnt have Pawn in his pool when I left for the night as well. As you indicated above
MR has Pawn in his pool in my sheet, so if you're telling the truth he either moved on or off very late. My gut says your sheet is correct and he moved onto Pawn quite late, and that makes me wonder why he's so convinced that Pawn was the kill if he was potentially on Pawn's wagon.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

To clarify. MR didnt have a legit bottom three when I left, so i took a look at his ISO and pulled out all the people he had said he had scum reads on. 5 people to be exact with pawn not being one of them
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:24 pm
Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:19 pm
I'm not pleading???
I felt like it was probably meant for me, and it was after my post, it just didnt have my name in it was all. Clarification was all i was looking for really
Still side-eyeing that, but I acknowledge it could be innocent.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:32 pm To clarify. MR didnt have a legit bottom three when I left, so i took a look at his ISO and pulled out all the people he had said he had scum reads on. 5 people to be exact with pawn not being one of them
I checked the OP again, and the rules of this level only seem to prohibit me from discussing my own personal vote. JJJ hasn't responded to a prod. Given that you didn't get whacked for posting your chart last level, I'm just gonna assume I can post mine, 'cause I'm leaving for uni in like an hour and I don't know when JJJ'll be around to answer my question.

- linking the spreadsheet would be a bad plan because OGI, let me just convert this to a forum table
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:43 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:32 pm To clarify. MR didnt have a legit bottom three when I left, so i took a look at his ISO and pulled out all the people he had said he had scum reads on. 5 people to be exact with pawn not being one of them
I checked the OP again, and the rules of this level only seem to prohibit me from discussing my own personal vote. JJJ hasn't responded to a prod. Given that you didn't get whacked for posting your chart last level, I'm just gonna assume I can post mine, 'cause I'm leaving for uni in like an hour and I don't know when JJJ'll be around to answer my question.

- linking the spreadsheet would be a bad plan because OGI, let me just convert this to a forum table
maybe jay was just giving me a pass, I would just ping or PM him first or something
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

nvm im dumb you just said you couldnt get ahold of him

Did you try sloonei?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:50 pm nvm im dumb you just said you couldnt get ahold of him

Did you try sloonei?
no, that's a good point, I will

Was that table of yours from last time an image? I can't seem to get table code to work here
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

PM'd Sloonei, we'll see if he exists
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:52 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:50 pm nvm im dumb you just said you couldnt get ahold of him

Did you try sloonei?
no, that's a good point, I will

Was that table of yours from last time an image? I can't seem to get table code to work here
yes
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I've received a question in private that I'll address here:
There is nothing in the rules against speculating about what votes might have been cast on previous day phases. However, I remind you all that it remains against the rules to state or otherwise make clear any specific votes that you personally made during a private voting phase. Speculating about the potential votes of others is allowed.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:28 am Radishes, uncertainty means I don't have TMI. Go look at the ridiculous confidence with which I pushed the X Cult thing, for a start.

The vote is a bad look, I agree. I wouldn't read into the kills like that though, because I know Lexi, Mac and you all have enough meta on me to frame me. Also, do you really think I would let both Lexi and Pawn persist in the same game with me for more than one daycycle? That's seriously bad juju, man.
Eh. You had confidence in the Finale and were town. You had confidence of D1 in this game. The uncertainty I could forgive on D2 for awhile because, you know, it took us by surprise, but aside from a brief attack on Pawn you’ve come across as very passive, and that is not a look I’m used to seeing on you (with admittedly a low amount of meta). I think ‘passive’ is better than ‘uncertain’ here as a term, though.

As for who you’d kill and what you’d do, that’s WIFOM. But to entertain the discussion for a moment: LLD is clearly a non-factor this game, and Pawn was deep in your pocket until yesterday. The other known kill was Nook, who you know from the Finale, so 'fits' who you might choose, as I do believe you're the type of mafia who kills players they think could be dangerous for them personally.

And one of the reasons I think Pawn is the likely MK is because he’s exactly who you wouldn’t want here right now if you were scum. Whereas scum!Sprit keeps him because he’s mislynch bait and there’s no meta, and scum!Sprit MKs Epi or Dom or someone who knows him better and may be able to find him.

I never kill Pawn (or colin) for the same reason, since no one knows my meta so I’m mainly concerned about having viable bait if I’m scum. I consider killing Rabbit or Epi, I'd hazard.

But this is all WIFOM more than anything, and truthfully isn’t a strong piece of evidence for me, so feel free to ignore this thread of discussion. It just…fits, is all.
Master Radishes
Hitman

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:02 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:32 am My reads did change:
So do you remember the reasons for these changes? or at least when they happened?
Jack – on D1 I didn’t like his lack of contribution, but he engaged with Eva/Nutella in a way I felt was townie, hence my strong TR (which no one at the time liked; I got a lot of flack for it). His D1 vote was one I pegged as a potential scum vote if there was a campaign to save Drago. Throughout D2 I felt Jack did little again, and by PoE he slipped down to my mushy middle 3. Yesterday I felt his contributions improved and he actually was playing the game. He was also completely different from everyone on reads and style, which makes me think town more than scum; he wasn’t trying to be blendy, but ended up being so. I think I had another reason to like him but I forget now. I ended with him as an upper mid-3.

Colin – barely remember Rej in that slot, but when Colin entered D2 I felt there was some attempt to delve in to the game without worrying about how he appeared. I acknowledged him as a PoE candidate, but kept him at that until D3 due to lack of content. When I began to seriously ISO people realised I had zero reason to read him as...anything. I saw no townie posts, no scum posts. Just blah posts. So by end of D3 he slipped to my bottom 3. What I had read as townie nonchalance I now was reading as scum blend-alance.

Epi – I put him in a ‘potential scum vote on D1’ slot. I also accused him of trying to bury the thread with all his analysis, much of which I felt was a bit useless. He took issue with all this and reasoned with me at beginning of D2. I liked our interaction and kept him in the Mid-3 for awhile (not higher since I knew he had a rep). His attack on Rabbit felt to me like a dog who felt he had a bone in a townie way, and he seemed a bit put out when the doublevoter thing put his idea to rest. He had pushed hard and without regard for how he came across. He also put in more effort than most others in our various levels, which is not a towntell per se but buys him some goodwill considering how I've felt the D2/D3 threads were rather lacking it despite the postcount being reasonable. I think scum ride out that thread uncertainty rather than raise the effort level.

Sprityo – there was a D1 post I felt was bad, and many others agreed at the time, but there wasn’t enough to build more of a case there. In D2 I again felt his posts lacked substance, and by PoE he floated around my bottom 3. By D3 I began to re-evaluate, as in ISOing him I felt there was nothing particularly scummy to find, and in turn the (now much discussed) ‘points of logic’ pointed in his favour. He remained in my PoE, but was climbing out of it.

Additions:

Dom - went from null (lack of content) to slight TR (for not giving af how he looked as he finally entered the thread) to slightly firmer TR (for having some decent points hidden amongst his dickish-- I mean aggression.)

Iaafr - strong TR throughout based on style and substance. I get how his style rubs people the wrong way, but I was used to it from MU spec chat and so saw through it fairly easily. Purest one of all, IMO.

And with further detail, since I see him being discussed later in this thread:

Pawn – He and I were on the same page so much I did worry about a deepwolf and said as much, but otherwise felt he was very townie. When Eva attacked him I felt his responses were cogent, and did not shift my opinion much there when all was said and done. But at the end of D3 I listed my best reason for townreading everyone, and I realised I didn’t really have a better reason to TR him than ‘I like what he says’ (I don’t remember exactly what I worded it as). After considering others, e.g. Dom, Epi, Jack, etc, he ended up in my bottom 3 a bit by default, as I had better reasons to TR others, but was not necessarily SRing him, if that makes sense. I admit also to a touch of paranoia (I called him a deepwolf way before anyone else started to SR him!). But I can’t specify anything more with regards to that, I think.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Oh, and I forgot Eva. Soz. But I think that one's understood by now?
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:21 pm
Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:28 am Radishes, uncertainty means I don't have TMI. Go look at the ridiculous confidence with which I pushed the X Cult thing, for a start.

Eh. You had confidence in the Finale and were town. You had confidence of D1 in this game. The uncertainty I could forgive on D2 for awhile because, you know, it took us by surprise, but aside from a brief attack on Pawn you’ve come across as very passive, and that is not a look I’m used to seeing on you (with admittedly a low amount of meta). I think ‘passive’ is better than ‘uncertain’ here as a term, though.
Oh, in that case read me in Mountainous Bulletproof on MU. (As Lady Eventide; technically a hydra with my my girlfriend but that's mostly so I can talk to her about the game without breaking OGI rules.) What you're seeing here is what I look like when I'm slanking.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Regarding the lynch, I maintain that I think townies probably play it ‘safe’ when voting if there’s only a small gap between the suitability of their options (i.e. there's no clearcut scum to vote for), and so and go with who amongst their three the town wants gone more so than their personal hardest SR. We can't state our votes and adjust based on how wagons grow and what people do and all that - we have to 'guess' what play the town wants to go for. Thus, I expect Colin is the ‘safe’ choice, as someone who pretty much everyone had in their PoE or was outright SRing, whereas the Pawn ‘wagon’ was never very certain in-thread.

Regarding the MK, this is how I see it:
-No one chooses to MK Colin. He’s too perfect to take to LYLO if possible. (Scum may not have control over who goes to F3, but even then the Colin kill makes zero sense beyond 'to cause confusion'.)
-Someone *might* choose to MK Pawn, as he is clearly a strongly analytical player who could defend himself and see through a scum’s lies in this situation.

I’m honestly fairly convinced Colin was lynch and Pawn was MK. I just don’t think it makes any sense in reverse.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Oh, in that case read me in Mountainous Bulletproof on MU. (As Lady Eventide; technically a hydra with my my girlfriend but that's mostly so I can talk to her about the game without breaking OGI rules.) What you're seeing here is what I look like when I'm slanking.
Well, I can't criticise that. I'm a bit slanky myself; my time is limited to a 1 hour window each morning and 2-ish hour window (with interruptions) each evening, and my wife is starting to get annoyed I'm not spending more time with her in the evenings.

Do you have a link to that game?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Right, I know I have a big post from Evenstar to respond to, but I must step away for a bit.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:45 pm
Evenstar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Well, I can't criticise that. I'm a bit slanky myself; my time is limited to a 1 hour window each morning and 2-ish hour window (with interruptions) each evening, and my wife is starting to get annoyed I'm not spending more time with her in the evenings.

Do you have a link to that game?
I don't have time to respond to everything before going to uni but I can at least drop you this link.

I think my subbing into a game with almost no flips is a surprisingly good comparison to today's D2/3/4, in retrospect.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

*this game's
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I'm off for the night. Another 24 hours shift tomorrow. Leave me questions if you have any and i'll be able to respond in the next 12 hours more than likely.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

So I got a reply back from Sloonei, and they said:
1: Censor your own row in the chart. (OK, sure, it's not like I'm posting anything tbat wasn't already public information though...)
2: Don't push other players to confirm/deny things about their vote. (duh)

'cause now I only have my phone I had to get a little creative:

At the time of this chart, total potential votes disregarding mine were:
Jack: 5
Sprityo: 5
Pawn: 3.5
Colin: 3
Dom: 3
Rabbit: 2.5
Epi: 2
Radish: Zilch
Me: Nada

So...

I don't know how much discussion of the implications here I can do out loud before it starts being pressure-to-infodump or infodumping, but there are certainly a number of things worth noting here.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:08 pm I'm off for the night. Another 24 hours shift tomorrow. Leave me questions if you have any and i'll be able to respond in the next 12 hours more than likely.
Why weren't you lynched yesterday?

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”