Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Full game queue: January 2020

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We're ready to begin the process of building the next full game queue. Things to know:

~ This time, we will build a queue of four games. This usually projects to approximately a five- or six-month period (which can vary a lot), so consider that and your own expected time constraints as you think about submitting. Be aware that last time this ended up considerably longer than expected, so it isn't always clear-cut.

~ All members are eligible to submit a game for consideration in the eventual poll. In recent polls we have restricted users who hosted in the previous poll, but this time anyone at all is eligible.

~ To be able to submit a game, you'll need to have a thread created for it in the Drawing Board forum which indicates it as a full game submission. This applies to anyone who has already created such a thread, and members are also welcome to create a thread during this submissions period.

~ To throw your hat in the ring, simply PM me and let me know which game you want to submit. Please limit your submissions to one game per host or host team.

~ When we eventually run a poll, the four games receiving the most votes will be admitted into the queue. No advantages will be given to any prospective hosts. In the event of a tie, the game(s) submitted first (by the date of their being posted in the drawing board forum) will proceed.

~ Please understand that all submissions will be included in a poll to select the four for the queue. This means that some may not receive enough votes to proceed. I hope everyone realizes that this is no reflection on them or on how they are valued here. I wish we could play them all! There simply isn't enough time.

~ The submission period will last two weeks, with a deadline set for Wednesday the 29th of January at 11:59 PM EST (US).

If you have any questions at all, please let me know. I look forward to seeing the submissions roll in. :biggrin:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Full game queue: January 2020

Post by timmer »

Hey all... so I've never actually run a game of my own, despite playing mafia on and off for years. I've been slowly putting together my Wheel of Time game for EVER, and would love to get it finished and into the queue, but I need a co-host. I need someone who is familiar with the book series so I don't have to explain it all, but also familiar with hosting, to make sure that my game ends up properly built, and who can help me with the nuances of hosting a big game. If anyone would like to jump onboard, please lmk by PM, I would really love to get this made and into the queue!
My siggie.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We only have three submissions so far folks, so let's get some more. :biggrin:

I would help you out [mention]timmer[/mention], but unfortunately I have no familiarity with the theme.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I’m always down to toss my hat in to the full game queue. But of course new hosts get dibs
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

I'd like to host a Town of Salem game.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragomir wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:00 am I'd like to host a Town of Salem game.
Great! Please ensure you post a thread in the Drawing Board forum with basic details about your game. If you intend to have a closed setup, you can merely say so without revealing any role information. It'd be good to include the number of players you hope to have sign up, as well as whatever information you can share about the Town of Salem theme.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I’m still working on both my jobs but expect another draft game.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I'd like to put in Shadow Corridors for submission if available to
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

PM the jaybear to officially submit games
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Marking
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Post by Master Radishes »

timmer wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:50 pm Hey all... so I've never actually run a game of my own, despite playing mafia on and off for years. I've been slowly putting together my Wheel of Time game for EVER, and would love to get it finished and into the queue, but I need a co-host. I need someone who is familiar with the book series so I don't have to explain it all, but also familiar with hosting, to make sure that my game ends up properly built, and who can help me with the nuances of hosting a big game. If anyone would like to jump onboard, please lmk by PM, I would really love to get this made and into the queue!
[mention]timmer[/mention] I've bandied about WoT-themed ideas of my own before. Here's my CV:

Pros:
*WoT is my nostalgic favourite fantasy series ever and I was a high-posting member of the website wotmania when it existed (admittedly mostly spam)
*I've created and hosted games before on other sites

Cons:
*I've never hosted on the Syndicate and don't know the 'rules' of it so to speak
*I work long hours and would hesitate to commit to any responsibilities in the near future
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Last day!

If you're really close to a submission but not quite there, let me know. We can extend if needed.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] whats the verdict?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:44 pm JaggedJimmyJay whats the verdict?
That we won't need a poll. :beer:

Full game queue submissions:

Sloonei - Radiohead 2
Epignosis - Pyre 1
sprityo - Shadow Corridor 4
JJJ - Fallout 2 3

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

radiohead 2. fun! i missed radiohead 1.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:03 pm radiohead 2. fun! i missed radiohead 1.
That refers to the order they'll be played, so it actually is Radiohead 1. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

wow. i am an airhead. :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Radiohead 1 ended with the band signing to a major label and being forced to write nothing but dance pop/hip hop crossover tracks. They're out for revenge in Radiohead 2.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Other Events”