One-Shot Mafia [Repeatable Side Mission/Job]

Post your incomplete mafia game submissions here, regardless of game type. You may not even be sure which type you'll go with yet.

Moderator: Community Team

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

One-Shot Mafia [Repeatable Side Mission/Job]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Hey, folks! A week ago, I hosted this game in another site. It was a closed setup. Then I realized I could repeat the game as open setup, as long as I made some tweaks.

The basic idea is that every role in the game, both town and mafia, have a single ability they can use only once (mafia also has a faction-kill that can be used every night). After the one-shot ability is used, it is gone and they only have their vote to rely on. So the game tends to be focused more on voting and scumhunting, but the abilities can be quite powerful and, if used correctly, can be game-deciding.

The setup is 13 vs 4. But I made 17 civilian roles and 4 mafia ones. This is because, every game, 4 of the mafia roles will be picked by the host (can be chosen or randomized) to be left out of the game, and only mafia will know which 4 roles were left out, so they may fake claim them. The game allows role claiming and info dumping. But because of those fake roles, as well as the mafia's Kira role, this won't be an easy way out for the civilians.

So the setup is fully repeatable, and you may actually want to do that to see every role get used. In a way, it's like a role matrix, but for Side Missions. Or even for Jobs, if you want a 48h day phase. Want to play a role heavy game but are out of setups? Just launch a One-Shot Mafia and get 17 players.

Town (13/17)

- Detective:

Target a player and learn their alignment. If the player is mafia, will also learn what role they have.

- Bulletproof Vest Maker:

Choose a player to give them a bulletproof vest, making them survive the next kill that hits them. The vest already works the night it is given. The target does not learn they got the vest.

- Vengeful Townie:

When lynched, can kill another player. You have until the end of the night to make this kill.

- Retired Cop:

Kill one player. If the target survives the kill, you will learn their alignment.

- Hospital Director:

Choose exactly 3 players to protect them from a single kill each for one night. Cannot self-target.

- Graverobber:

Copy one ability from a dead town player and use it immediately. Cannot copy from Mason Shop Founder or Dr. Franskenstein.

- Mason Shop Founder:

Starting from Night 2, target 3 players. One of them, at random, will gain BTSC with you, and you will both learn each other’s roles. Only the town players among the list will be randomized. You will die if none of the 3 targets are town.

- Hypnotizer:

Target a player to make them permanently forget they have a role. Does not erase faction kills. If you die, the target will remember their role after one cycle.

- Bug Planter :

Target a player. The next time they make an action, you will learn who they targeted.

- Rock Star:

Target exactly 3 players to distract them and roleblock them for one night.

- Martyr:

Activate this ability to redirect the mafia kill onto yourself.

- Teacher:

Target a player at night. If they vote for a townie the next day, their vote will fail.

- Brute:

Target a player to beat them up, blocking them from doing any actions for 2 cycles, and voting for 1 cycle.

- City Guard:

Target a player to learn who targeted them with actions during that night. If the result is “nothing”, will also learn who that player targeted.

- Mentor:

Target a player. They will become permanently immune to mafia abilities, except faction-kills.

- Bus Owner:

Name up to four players. Any abilities used on one of them will be redirected to the next one, in the order in which they were named.

- Dr. Frankenstein:

Starting from Night 2, choose one dead player to bring them back to life. That player will not have their one-shot ability anymore. The next time they vote, they will die after the day ends.

Mafia (4):

- Kira:

Every night, you may target a post where a player claims their role name or ability. If the player is telling the truth, they will die. This shot is only consumed after it kills someone.

- Magneto:

Target a player to redirect every kill or investigation that would be used on mafia players during that night onto them.

- Xanatos:

Target up to three players during the day to manipulate them so whatever vote they are making at the time will not be able to be changed during that day.

- Mark Zuckerberg:

Choose one of the following, at night or during the day.
1- At some point after a mafia player is lynched, activate this ability to learn the roles of every player who voted for them.
2- Target a single player to learn their role.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: One-Shot Mafia [Repeatable Side Mission]

I'm not sure when I'll actually host this (since I just did in another site), but since it's repeatable, you guys can feel free to pick it and host it if you want.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: One-Shot Mafia [Repeatable Side Mission/Job]

Also I just realized the Xanatos role is tricky to make work in this forum because votes are done in the poll not the thread. I'll think of something.

Return to “The Basement”