TonyStarkPrime - posts

Dead

ColinIsCool - posts - Black faction Jack of all Trades - Lynched on Day 1
Long Con - posts - White King and 3-shot Tracker - Killed on Night 1

POTENTIAL REPLACEMENTS

MacDougall
novaselinenever
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Chess Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

GENERAL RULES/NOTES

~ Role claiming and infodumping are legal. You may NOT, however, reveal which Chess piece(s) you represent on the board.

~ All members of the winning faction will be declared winners, dead or alive.

1. The most important rule is to always remember that we are playing a game together on an Internet forum. Be kind and considerate as you are also being competitive, and be mindful of how your words might be received by others beyond the scope of a Mafia game.

2. Do not engage in behind the scenes chat (BTSC) with other player(s) unless your role gives you the explicit right to do so.

3. You may not edit or delete any posts in the game thread.

4. You may target yourself with night actions unless otherwise stated.

5. You may target the same player on consecutive nights unless otherwise stated.

6. [mention]juliets[/mention] is your Facilitator for this game. She's the best. If you're getting irritated, frustrated, or pissed off, then I encourage you to send her a private message. She'll talk through it with you. She'll keep an eye on the game as play proceeds as well.

7. If you're dead, then please do not post anything remotely on-topic in the game thread. If you want to make an off-hand and off-topic comment, use this dead-read color. Please do not abuse this privilege by posting frequently. You're dead.

8. The same goes for non-players, who should use this non-player-blue color. Keep it off-topic.

9. Votes can be changed at will.

10. Day phases will last approximately 24 hours and night phases will last approximately 24 hours. I will adhere to this as strictly as possible, but if life forces me to make adjustments then I will do so.

11. All roles will be revealed to the degree I deem appropriate when players are either lynched or killed.

12. I will use this font. You can use it too if you want. Just don't impersonate the host.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

THE CHESS BOARD DETAILS
I will reveal as much about this as I see fit.

The General makes all moves for the white side until he/she/they is/are captured. If/when this occurs, a new General will be elected. The King may decide to overrule any elected General and replace them with whoever received the second-most votes, but this will be done entirely in private with the host and never overtly shared in the thread. Any smarmy hinting attempts will be penalized. If the King is eliminated during the game, the Queen takes on this capacity. Neither may name themselves General, but they can be elected by popular vote. If both are eliminated, the vote is purely democratic.

All pieces on the Chess board will remain regardless of who is alive or dead in the Mafia game. Removal of pieces from the board is only plausible by capturing them per the standard procedures of Chess. This may or may not have some tangible impact upon the Mafia game. Except the "may not" is a lie. :mafia:

The white side on the Chess board is representative of the civilian faction. The black side is representative of the mafia faction. Were it only that the colors of proper Chess did not lend themselves to such awkward divisions.

:Uhh:

Member(s) of the mafia faction will make up to 50% of all moves for the black side until he/she/they is/are captured. All remaining moves for the black side will be calculated per the recommendations of https://nextchessmove.com/, run entirely by the host. This process will be approximately and situationally randomized, meaning any move by the black side could have been made by a mafioso or could have been made by the calculator.

The Chess board will be active during both Day and Night phases. The white side will make no more than five moves during any single phase. The average Chess game lasts around 40 moves, so this projects to approximately 4 day/night cycles depending upon various pacing factors.

If the General fails to make a move within twelve hours of the start of the Day/Night phase, I will randomize the next white side move. I will repeat this multiple times until the Day/Night phase ends if needed to reach the requisite five moves. This will not be done with the calculator. I will choose a piece at random and then move it to a space at random. The strategy of the move will be irrelevant. If you're the General, ensure you play. I will act similarly if the Black side fails to make moves.

If the Chess game ends before the Mafia game ends, the Mafia game will simply continue onward anyway.

If the Mafia game ends before the Chess game ends, the Chess game will be terminated (or it may be continued, but to no effect for Mafia win conditions).

ADDITIONAL NOTES

There exists in this game at least some capacity for forgery. That is to say, cop checks may not always be absolute.

Night phases are open. I won't lock the thread.

IMPORTANT: No more than two players may claim a role in any single day/night cycle, whether truthfully or not. Violations of this rule will be penalized.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If you have questions about anything, please direct them to me privately. I will answer publicly if it is appropriate. Thank you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Chess Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

PLEASE READ ALL OF THE RULES AND INFORMATION ABOVE.

It is Day 0. You may begin posting. Day 1 will begin at 7:00 PM EST on Tuesday. That's in about 41 hours, so feel free to treat this as Day 1. Voting won't start until then though. It's long as hell because I'm starting it at a weird time and because my schedule demands it.

No Chess moves will be made until Day 1.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]112[/mention]
[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention]
[mention]Creature[/mention]
[mention]Dom[/mention]
[mention]Epignosis[/mention]
[mention]Long Con[/mention]
[mention]Michelle[/mention]
[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention]
[mention]sig[/mention]
[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Hello fellow checkers enthusiasts
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hi everyone, I think all ya'll know my function as your facilitator. As a reminder, please contact me if you are feeling frustrated or angry instead of personally attacking anyone in the thread or the host. An example of a personal attack would be calling someone stupid as opposed to disagreeing with their theory/opinion. Attack the idea with your own view/opinion, do not attack the person. Contact me instead.

Just a note about my schedule, we are in our busiest time at work so I will be most active early in the morning and in the late afternoon, evening and night. Please be patient if I can't answer you right away.

Have fun!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 26
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Finally, Cheese Mafia is on! I claim Havarti.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 30

Post by sig »

Hey, good news and bad news.

Good news is I'm not an Indy again
Bad news is I'm not mafia
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Best news? Y'all are gonna make sig king.

Why make Sig king? It makes sense and sounds good, It's very clear when i'm civ and not and I reaaaaalllllly wannna get it.
ImageImage

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:06 am Finally, Cheese Mafia is on! I claim Havarti.
I soft claim brie
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:16 am Best news? Y'all are gonna make sig king.

Why make Sig king? It makes sense and sounds good, It's very clear when i'm civ and not and I reaaaaalllllly wannna get it.
Fine with me. I should be General though. I'm good at Chess. :noble:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Just to ensure it's clear: the General may not use the calculator above to make moves. Obviously I cannot control or enforce this rule, so I am relying on the honor system.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 12

Post by ColinIsCool »

:charlieblackmon:
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Creature »

Oh wait wtf thought there were 16 players
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:34 am

I'm goodish until I get bored then I get really bad reallllly quickly.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

And since I didn't read the poll by king I mean general.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:35 pm

And since I didn't read the poll by king I mean general.
Too late.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Epignosis »

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Rej[/mention] is replacing [mention]112[/mention].

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Creature wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:49 pm Oh wait wtf thought there were 16 players
Fake.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

No u
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I beat LC so elect me
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:24 pm

I beat LC so elect me
Never happened.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Cool I thoght missed Day 0

Reporting for duty and glad to play with everyone ^^

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am seeking a replacement for Dom.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Does anybody here actually know how to play chess?
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Rej »

:workit: hey guys
I used to play aloooot of chess when younger, I had some senpai's in my life, mostly old geezers I played with, but I don't know anything about professional play
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Rej wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:14 pm :workit: hey guys
I used to play aloooot of chess when younger, I had some senpai's in my life, mostly old geezers I played with, but I don't know anything about professional play
There is not such thing as different profesional play, chess is only one, same rules, same pieces and board. Same joy.
For pros, just little more theory and ancestor's stories. And a clock ticking... God I loved that clock ^^

On AB discord we can play a game on the chess section :biggrin:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Day 1 begins in just over two hours.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:34 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:24 pm

I beat LC so elect me
Never happened.
Stop this partisan nonsense we need unity we need Sig.

Not the general you want, but the one you deserve. :grin:
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] is replacing [mention]Dom[/mention].

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Serves him right for not voting for Bernie smh.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I voted sig.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]sig[/mention] has been named General. Day 1 begins in 14 minutes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Chess Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Day 0 Poll

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Oh has this game started?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

The chess game has no other purpose other than for show, right?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Day 1 has begun. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

[VOTE: sig] aubergine

Bring down the powerful!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Creature wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:49 pm Oh wait wtf thought there were 16 players
I recommend lynching Creature on the basis of this post.

"Oh wait wtf" is over the top. It's a phony reaction to the fact that this clearly dragged on and did not fill to 16.

It's saying something without saying something. Lynch.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:33 pm

"Oh wait wtf" is over the top. It's a phony reaction to the fact that this clearly dragged on and did not fill to 16.

Nah. It's regular Creature style AFAICT. You're contriving. [VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:33 pm

Nah. It's regular Creature style AFAICT. You're contriving. [VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine
And given the current state of activity that we have, what would you have me to do? Sit on my ass?

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

#IBelieveInLongCon
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Never mind. I'm wasting my time here. Do whatever. A guy tries to get something going when nobody else can be bothered and "Epignosis is contriving."

No fucking duh.

Jesus.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Guess they're also trying to get something going
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:05 am Never mind. I'm wasting my time here. Do whatever. A guy tries to get something going when nobody else can be bothered and "Epignosis is contriving."

No fucking duh.

Jesus.
If you wanted to be on my good side, shoulda voted for me. :feb:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Creature wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:08 am Guess they're also trying to get something going
No they're not. They're lying dog-faced pony soldiers.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”