Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:45 pmk, makes sense. But who was the harbinger if not dizzy because it really seemed like juliets implied that, and it couldn't have been switched or anything :ponder:
I was a normal VT who was gone too soon afaik lol
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I assumed dizzy was the harbinger as well
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

wait what
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Juliets didn’t assign a harbinger
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

No wonder JJJ couldn’t find one masterful play
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:13 pm Juliets didn’t assign a harbinger
Eh?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Tranq wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:01 pm Great game everyone.

@Jackofhearts2005 @juliets @other civs: i'm sorry, i tried. I really did. I could've kept going. I could've switched speedchuck and Epignosis tonight, and get the not-Ted mafia killed. Or i could've used Harriet on both of them. But in the end i had to respect the Take 5 Bomb possibility, and couldn't risk it. A well deserved win to the Master team. They played great.
You played a great game.

I was very impressed with your night action choices.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

G-Man wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:34 pm Okay, well I’m glad to see that I was right about Sloonei and his garbage attempt to throw shade at me. That’s another top-notch name that I can say that I’ve busted thanks to my that internal BS detector.

I had fun up until the day people said some rough things about my choice to let you lynch me. It’s been hard to even lurk for long around here since then, but now that the game is over, I can ignore most of the words that were written about me. I didn’t give up or throw the game. I made a choice that was designed to wake people up, and it did, at least for a little while.

Always a pleasure, LC and BR. ‘Tis a pity that I won’t get to play one of these masterpieces again.
Your counterwagon was a wolf. We were already awake. :shrug:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:18 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:13 pm Juliets didn’t assign a harbinger
Eh?
I’m wildly speculating, as I do best
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:31 pm
It is as if this was a game comprised of champions.
[/quote]

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Great game [mention]Long Con[/mention] and [mention]Black Rock[/mention].

I read all your host posts.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Dizzy was Harbinger. Just went through my Sent Messages and it looks like we didn't even tell Dizzy, somehow. Very sorry, I didn't realize until right now.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:49 pm Great game @Long Con and @Black Rock.

I read all your host posts.
D'awwwwwww, you are the best dude. I hope it held together reasonably well as a story.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:49 pm Dizzy was Harbinger. Just went through my Sent Messages and it looks like we didn't even tell Dizzy, somehow. Very sorry, I didn't realize until right now.
Oh. That's unfortunate. But shit happens when you have so many actions to go over. :beer:

I know who you are now, [mention]juliets[/mention] =p
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:49 pm Dizzy was Harbinger. Just went through my Sent Messages and it looks like we didn't even tell Dizzy, somehow. Very sorry, I didn't realize until right now.
Yep, that explains everything. It's ok, mistakes were bound to happen in a game so complex. Poor juliets thought she was being carelessly thrown under the bus XD
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I didn't keep up with every post in the game, or I would have recognized the mistake and corrected it.
:fist:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

G-Man wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:53 pm G-man games are on the same level as LC/BR games.
Oh, please. :blush:

LC and BR games are far more structurally sound than mine. They are masters of balance and functionality.

My games are mostly memorable because everybody seems to lose their dang minds while playing them. It covers up the inherent flaws.
:haha: :haha: :haha: From my perspective, I definitely identify more with "My games are mostly memorable because everybody seems to lose their dang minds while playing them. It covers up the inherent flaws." than "They are masters of balance and functionality".
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:44 pm We knew juliets was the monitor because we tried to kill her and it failed.
[mention]juliets[/mention] I was talking about no night kills and now the reason is obvious for one night
I am sorry I suspected you, but until the end I noticed a thing that will help me to understand your town play better <3

Awesome game [mention]Long Con[/mention] and [mention]Black Rock[/mention] it adeed each day a plus to my WIM, as you can notice I was more active after the first few days.

congrats @theMasterteam i think I died because I found 3 villagers in Tony, Tranq and Juliets and even if I was wrong on Tranq I would suspect Epi the most and eventually talk about the difference in Ted's play i became aware a little too late in the night I was killed.
Speed was already cleared by Jay and because he wouldn't openly scumside with the other team that read were a correct and honest one.

@Jay had an awesome scum play and by always mislynching villagers he practically helped the Master team to win. Your long effort made me think you are villager but in direct interaction you failed to show towniness :)

It was a memorable game @everyone I am glad I was part in it thanks for the invite ^_^

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:04 pm The three legged dog from Parks & Recreation.
By the way:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Tranq »

Black Rock wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:28 am Something has been added to a post, the first player who PM's me with the content will receive a prize.
[mention]Long Con[/mention] [mention]Black Rock[/mention] what was this?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Tranq wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:01 pm Great game everyone.

Jackofhearts2005 juliets @other civs: i'm sorry, i tried. I really did. I could've kept going. I could've switched speedchuck and Epignosis tonight, and get the not-Ted mafia killed. Or i could've used Harriet on both of them. But in the end i had to respect the Take 5 Bomb possibility, and couldn't risk it. A well deserved win to the Master team. They played great.
It's ok Tranq, hats off to you. I enjoyed your playing, wish you could do it more often.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:34 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:32 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:23 pmWait yeah so about that. Were you not the harbinger? I thought that's what juliets was referencing, that you should have known she was 100% town.
No, I was just VT. My favorite role.
I inherited a jailkeep from G-Man the first night, which is how I knew he was town. When Jay and Ted ignored me going good for him, I definitely thought they were scum. I didn't use my jailkeep on N2, though I considered jailing Mac. I don't know who killed me.
Huh, confused about what @juliets was talking about then
On Day 4 when I was in the dream level Dizzy was ghost talking in the main level. He was calling me bad a long with Jay and said to "trust him". He knew I was good since he knew I was the monitor. I thought about the possibility that he was trying to protect me but I mistakenly thought the "trust me" part was too much. So I thought, oh no I picked someone bad to be the Harbinger and now he's lying to get me lynched. Ironically it was Tranq who convinced me he was indeed protecting me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Great game [mention]Long Con[/mention] and [mention]Black Rock[/mention]! I was more stressed than normal because of rl stress but it was still very enjoyable. I love your games, you're an awesome pair.

Congratulations to all the winners! You were formidable foes. The Anti-Monitor team was also very good. I'm glad I got to see bad Jay up close so maybe I'll be able to spot it next time. The real heavy hitters all were bad lol but I think the civs did pretty well. We tried anyway. I wish S~V~S had been able to help us, I don't know what happened there.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The day I was lynched, given my -2 vote advantage, I only needed one more person to move from me to Tranq to force a tie and [maybe] survive. Tranq gets mislynched, and then the civilians don't have the necessary numbers to lynch me unless they work with the Master team. They know they can't though, or they lose by default anyway -- the Masters outnumber them as soon as I'm dead.

The Master team can't lynch me alone either, or at best they can tie -- but civilian intervention keeps me alive. The Master team can't night kill me, because both of my survivals are still in tact. My -2 vote advantage then becomes insurmountable within one cycle, and I win.

I had a plan, and I had a way to victory. That's why I kept going so hard, in addition to just trying to respect the "Champion" in the title of the game. As it happened, Sloonei getting shot hurt my chances. Had that not happened, I would have been able to enact the same plot the day I was lynched instead of a day later.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

juliets wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:29 amOn Day 4 when I was in the dream level Dizzy was ghost talking in the main level. He was calling me bad a long with Jay and said to "trust him". He knew I was good since he knew I was the monitor. I thought about the possibility that he was trying to protect me but I mistakenly thought the "trust me" part was too much. So I thought, oh no I picked someone bad to be the Harbinger and now he's lying to get me lynched. Ironically it was Tranq who convinced me he was indeed protecting me.
Aw, I'm sorry. I just had no idea. That must've been confusing. XD
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:57 am
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:29 amOn Day 4 when I was in the dream level Dizzy was ghost talking in the main level. He was calling me bad a long with Jay and said to "trust him". He knew I was good since he knew I was the monitor. I thought about the possibility that he was trying to protect me but I mistakenly thought the "trust me" part was too much. So I thought, oh no I picked someone bad to be the Harbinger and now he's lying to get me lynched. Ironically it was Tranq who convinced me he was indeed protecting me.
Aw, I'm sorry. I just had no idea. That must've been confusing. XD
It's ok Dizzy, no problem. Maybe we'll get to play together again soon. I'm so sorry you got killed early but I'm proud that I selected two civs on N1!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

Can anyone check on S~V~S? Her last active timestamp is worrisome.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:15 am Can anyone check on S~V~S? Her last active timestamp is worrisome.
I've been worried too; she has a few new posts on Facebook but they're mostly generic memes
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Master Radishes »

I've not followed along much since my untimely death, but apologies to my teammates - I was excited to play again (it's been months) but had no time to do so, and it proved a combination that meant at first I didn't bother to think before posting and so my scumminess showed. :|

I need to redeem myself. I'll consider joining another game soon. :srsnod:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:33 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:15 am Can anyone check on S~V~S? Her last active timestamp is worrisome.
I've been worried too; she has a few new posts on Facebook but they're mostly generic memes
Turnip head, can you message her on fb?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:39 am
Done, I'll keep you posted
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Tranq wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:15 am
Black Rock wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:28 am Something has been added to a post, the first player who PM's me with the content will receive a prize.
@Long Con @Black Rock what was this?
Added the 'No double-targeting' rule to the Rules post.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

What game is Bari Artzain from?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

She's fine and she apologizes for not considering that we might be worried about her :cloud9: She said she would stop by the site tonight.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

A) shoulda listened to me ;)

B) my reads were amazing except for the ones messed up by lol multiball, which is obviously not my fault

C) now that this is over you should come play this: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 264&t=1857
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:00 am
She's fine and she apologizes for not considering that we might be worried about her :cloud9: She said she would stop by the site tonight.
Thank you SOOOO MUCH TH!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:57 am
Someone got it right? I found out on night 2 when you told me I couldn’t keep asking Dom to talk to me
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:46 am I've not followed along much since my untimely death, but apologies to my teammates - I was excited to play again (it's been months) but had no time to do so, and it proved a combination that meant at first I didn't bother to think before posting and so my scumminess showed. :|

I enjoyed playing with you. <3
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:23 pm
Someone got it right? I found out on night 2 when you told me I couldn’t keep asking Dom to talk to me
Did you ask me to target yourself one night?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:36 pm
Did you ask me to target yourself one night?
Yes
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Then we found out that wasn’t allowed
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I didn’t listen to Rawls, I hope McNulty would be proud.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I was hoping you’d kill me
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I had no clue how to use my role at all and I doubt anyone in the game accepted an order at any point. What did you guys do with it?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

No one got it.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Oops
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:48 pm I was hoping you’d kill me
I don’t think I performed a kill all game.

I did get blocked on the night we targeted juliets. That made me panic.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Who had the Take 5 bomb [mention]Long Con[/mention] ?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Master Radishes »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:27 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:46 am I've not followed along much since my untimely death, but apologies to my teammates - I was excited to play again (it's been months) but had no time to do so, and it proved a combination that meant at first I didn't bother to think before posting and so my scumminess showed. :|

I enjoyed playing with you. <3
When I said we'd have made a great towncore I meant it. :beer:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:52 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:48 pm I was hoping you’d kill me
I don’t think I performed a kill all game.

I did get blocked on the night we targeted juliets. That made me panic.
Was that N7?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”