juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 4]

Post by juliets »

Ok I guess I'm leaving again.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I want my hour back. This is bullshit.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

At me the hour didn't change :shrug:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:03 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:03 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:58 am I'm back and see there's still no EOD post. Is anyone here?
Opportunism for you means to vote in the wagon wjo has most votes.
I don't trust you, sorry about that.

Imagine if I am wrong my green flip. Who is the baddie here?
If you are wolf my question is pointless.
Michelle, I did not vote in the wagon with the most votes. I voted speedchuck who had no votes at the time.

I'm not sure what you mean by "imagine if I am wrong my green flip". Do you mean what if you flip town? I did not vote for you so that's what I would expect. My guess is speed is the baddie here.
Guess I am an idiot for misreading the votes count, sorry.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:26 pm
G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:24 pm Okay then. Let’s make a pact to lynch me in the abscess of figuring anything out. I feel like there isn’t an obvious suspect among us.

I did manage to take a screenshot of a post Michelle made, color-coding the first three lynches. I can try to recreate that here. That might help us.

The roles listed suggest SVS and nutella 2 were civ and sig bad, so I will start there.
I'm against any plan that suggests we shouldn't scum hunt.

That said, we could see what happens if we try to lynch G-man by a tally of 3-2.
I took the yellow as a good value back then, Idk if a wolf would say this, looks like unnecessary bravado.

Gman, you scum read Sloonei in your reads, what do you think?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:29 pm
G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:27 pm
G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:24 pm Okay then. Let’s make a pact to lynch me in the abscess of figuring anything out. I feel like there isn’t an obvious suspect among us.

I did manage to take a screenshot of a post Michelle made, color-coding the first three lynches. I can try to recreate that here. That might help us.

The roles listed suggest SVS and nutella 2 were civ and sig bad, so I will start there.

That said, we could see what happens if we try to lynch G-man by a tally of 3-2.
Ok, but there’s six of us. How do you plan on getting that sixth vote elsewhere? Trust?
3 people vote for you
2 people vote for someone else
1 person dicks around
Sloonei you didn't follow the plan :ponder:

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Note: I TR GMan I would never vote him today

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Not because he didn't scum read me, i posted my read before his coloured reads post

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:59 pm

Ok, but there’s six of us. How do you plan on getting that sixth vote elsewhere? Trust?
3 people vote for you
1 person dicks around
The votes actually did end up splitting exactly like that, just with different names.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:04 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:59 pm

3 people vote for you
1 person dicks around
The votes actually did end up splitting exactly like that, just with different names.
So in fact you followed the plan :clap:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I sure hope everything is ok with LC and BR. It is very strange that neither of them has been by to explain why we don't have a lynch post yet.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Is there anyone here? What can we productively do with this time?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

responding to michelle's big post because i'm on my laptop now
Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:32 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:32 pm I have a very specific tinfoil about Michelle. It relies on more If's than I'd like, and her recent vote change to juliets may point in another direction, but it's on my mind and I want to get it out there.

Part of the premise of this theory is that sig triggered the "inception" phase that we are currently in (his role, The Architect, is a character from Inception/Inception Mafia and he was likely to be lynched today, so it would have been his last chance to trigger this mechanic which could theoretically be hidden in the role's *secrets*), so if you don't care about that theory then feel free to skip the rest of this post. I am not convinced that it's the case, but it's a possibility that I recognize.

We're a small group of 6. None of us, as far as I'm aware, could have anticipated that the threads were going to be split up today, let alone which group we'd placed in or who we'd be placed in a group with... unless we are responsible for triggering the mechanic. If this was sig's doing, his partner (the anti-monitor) would be in on it as well. In Inception Mafia, the roster was split up mostly at random each time a new thread was created, but the mafia team had slight control over which players submerged onto each level.

Michelle entered today having already compiled a big clump of posts from speedchuck in the original thread before the split happened. Speedchuck also happens to be one of the 5 players she shares this thread with. It looks extremely convenient that, in such a small and presumably random group of players, Michelle was prepared to attack one of us before the day began. Of course, it's not impossible that this is all pure coincidence, that she had singled out speedchuck as a Player To Read during the night, and then she happened to get put into a new thread with him by sheer luck during the day. speedchuck is a viable candidate to be lynched, and if the mafia team does have some control over where players are going, he wouldn't be the worst option for a player who wants to have a scapegoat in their group. Of course, Michelle is currently voting for Juliets, which complicates things somewhat but doesn't entirely erase my initial concern. I've also had no reason to associate Michelle with any of the anti-monitor members prior to now. She voted for Radishes on an abbreviated Day 1, then Turnip Head on Day 2 when Radishes was lynched, and Mac on Day 3 when sig was the counterwagon.

None of this constitutes a read on speedchuck himself, as he could very well be a member of the other team. Without the other thread I have no direct evidence to link him there, obviously.
Wasn't the tinfoil a speculation over a town read who can turn bad if certain ideas you have may be true?
You didn't read me town from the get go, so how come you have a tinfoil?
When I say "tinfoil" I just mean it's a suspicion that relies on a lot of unknown things to be true. Like, I do not know that sig is responsible for this phase happening, so I do not know that his teammate would be aware that the threads were going to split up. I also don't know how you've interacted with sig, and the theory I was suggesting was pretty specific, and it wasn't something that I'd consider a lock. But it was a possibility that I saw, so I shared it.
The cyan is a grave accusation and fits convenientely with JJJs theory, indirectly pocketing him. This is well written and I have no doubt that if Sloonei is mafia I can't fight with him because I just can't construct in english a proper defense.
The cyan is the entire accusation. And also I'm not sure what you mean when you say it "fits conveniently with Jay's theory". The theory about sig triggering the inception phase was my theory. I was following up on my own theory, not piggybacking on somebody else's. Here's where I first mentioned it.
The orange is a supposition and I already explained why I choose to Iso Speed and why I posted the quotes raw. No one took a stance then about the content, but Juliets asked me oppinion like she is curious about it. In fact she wanted a tool to backfire at me. I was conscient about this and I waited to see if she will be objective about me or not. She wasn't and when I saw her opportunism I voted her.

The idea of me preparing an attack on Speed knowing we will be separated in a dream and with whom is contradicted by the fact the quotes are not from the complete Iso, but from the first part and this is not enough to form a solid accusation because the later posts were more game related and full of content. I didn't have time to finish the Iso so I didn't know.
This is all may be so. Like I said, my concern was that you came in prepared to target one of the 5 other people who were in this thread with you. I would not bank on this. If we were in a full thread, this alone would absolutely not be strong enough for me to vote for you. But in this thread environment, it was enough for me. Also, I asked you to explain why you had the speedchuck posts saved earlier in the day because I was concerned about this, for the record.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:23 pm Is there anyone here? What can we productively do with this time?
i'm around, but doing other things. All I can really think to do would be what michelle's been doing: poke things and ask questions if you've got em.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey guys hold tight, sorry for the delay.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You'll be merged again with the Main Thread as soon as I can get that done. Sloon, you're that colour, can you make that happen?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

We lynched sprityo. He was Lassie. :feb:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:48 pm You'll be merged again with the Main Thread as soon as I can get that done. Sloon, you're that colour, can you make that happen?
If you’re okay with it, I can tinker around in a bit. [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] handled all the thread-viewing permissions when we hosted, so he’d be more familiar with the process.

Also are we supposed to maintain access to this thread, or do you want us to just be able to see the main thread?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:49 pm We lynched sprityo. He was Lassie. :feb:
:|

I also take it this means we didn’t lynch anybody.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That last post isn’t a question for the hosts, just an observation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh geez, damn Lassie was lynched. That's a big loss. I am also assuming that our lynch did not happen.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

The person with the most votes across all three threads was lynched. Predictably, the thread with the most players decided the lynch... but it didn't have to be that way.

Sloon, just allow access to the main thread... and then I'll lock these ones.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

When Saito told us sprityo was in the lead in the large thread, [mention]speedchuck[/mention] said (and I'm paraphrasing) he wished he could go over there because sprityo shouldn't be lynched. This makes me feel much better about speed.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm working on restoring all our permissions now. I've never done this, so forgive me if I botch anything.

I can lock this one once I'm done as well, [mention]Long Con[/mention]
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Before you lock, here is speed's post:
speedchuck wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:07 pm Why would they be lynching Sprit? :[ Wish I could weigh in.

I'm checking in before deadline. Busy day. On the bright side, I think my audiobook will be done before this game is! (and I can start on the other one ;P)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alright I think we should all be able to view the main thread now. I'll lock this one per the host's suggestion. I guess PM me and the hosts if you're still unable to see the main thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”