Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:30 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:27 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:06 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:44 pm Okay it’s not Sloonei, LC, Drago, TS
Probably not Mac, Epi, MR, FG
Could be Leetic, Speed, Ted, TH
rainbow
There are no substantial mentions of either speedchuck or turnip head prior to them being named in the four person pseudo-POE here. Tony, can you remember what went into these reads?
Wanted to split it into groups of four. I don’t think I’d substantially talked about anyone to this point and Speed’s read throughout the game was mostly “speed’s just kinda here”. Don’t remember why TH was there.
Why was groups of four the way to go?
12 players divides evenly
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:47 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:44 pm Okay it’s not Sloonei, LC, Drago, TS
rainbow
There are no substantial mentions of either speedchuck or turnip head prior to them being named in the four person pseudo-POE here. Tony, can you remember what went into these reads?
Wanted to split it into groups of four. I don’t think I’d substantially talked about anyone to this point and Speed’s read throughout the game was mostly “speed’s just kinda here”. Don’t remember why TH was there.
but why was that the proper way to split up and express your reads?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:50 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:45 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:57 pm LC playing scummy on purpose is not his civ MO
This is just blatantly not true. It's something I have done many times in the past, mostly due to the "you-die-you-don't-win" rule we used to go by around here... when you have to survive to win, you learn to not look TOO Civvish. I still hold the lessons dear to my heart, because dying sucks either way, and if you want to survive the night, the baddies have to believe you can be lynched.
This is true.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

There is no reason you should have to explain this to Turnip Head. TH was around during that time.
Tony, I am also going to need you to explain how this post exists if all three of these players are teammates.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:52 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:50 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:45 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:57 pm LC playing scummy on purpose is not his civ MO
This is just blatantly not true. It's something I have done many times in the past, mostly due to the "you-die-you-don't-win" rule we used to go by around here... when you have to survive to win, you learn to not look TOO Civvish. I still hold the lessons dear to my heart, because dying sucks either way, and if you want to survive the night, the baddies have to believe you can be lynched.
This is true.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

There is no reason you should have to explain this to Turnip Head. TH was around during that time.
Tony, I am also going to need you to explain how this post exists if all three of these players are teammates.
You’ve already cited a post where the five people mentioned are four scum and one town. This is much simpler.
LC correctly counters TH with a sort of emotionally-charged idea that’s easy to fake and then back away from, then Epi throws a similarly meaningless hit at LC. Epi’s post doesn’t state anything about TH, he’s just conducting light distancing on LC who happens to also be conducting light distancing on TH.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:51 am
rainbow
As opposed to...
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:27 am
rainbow
As opposed to...
A standard rainbow-esque lynch where players are divided into groups based purely on how you feel about them, not whether there’s four of them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:30 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

He's obviously a wolf. TSP is also. I'd say the third one is Sloonei. Wrap it up.
lol
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D4)

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] why did you wait until Day 3 to start looking for roles?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I swear I'm almost ready to vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:17 pm @TonyStarkPrime why did you wait until Day 3 to start looking for roles?
Power works on odd days. Since I thought it was a trigger, I was never going to use it day 1.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:17 pm @TonyStarkPrime why did you wait until Day 3 to start looking for roles?
Power works on odd days. Since I thought it was a trigger, I was never going to use it day 1.
Why would I look for roles before?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:16 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:27 am

As opposed to...
A standard rainbow-esque lynch where players are divided into groups based purely on how you feel about them, not whether there’s four of them.
Shrug. Same thing
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Because your role apparently depends on locating one specific role. I'd think you'd want to get a head start.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I ranked all the players and then divided that into groups of 4 because that was roughly how I felt — there were no “huge gaps” in how townie I thought anyone was, no runaway towncore and no obvious scum. Coulda done it all in one running list but I wouldn’t have felt differently about it. It’s not like I type something and that determines what I think about each person
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:41 pm
Because your role apparently depends on locating one specific role. I'd think you'd want to get a head start.
This argument works if I’m town or scum. I had it penciled in as a night five option endgame or maybe night three if things were looking down, as they were. Maybe that was suboptimal.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:53 pm I ranked all the players and then divided that into groups of 4 because that was roughly how I felt — there were no “huge gaps” in how townie I thought anyone was, no runaway towncore and no obvious scum. Coulda done it all in one running list but I wouldn’t have felt differently about it. It’s not like I type something and that determines what I think about each person
You said yesterday that speedchuck and long con were incompatible. Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] you singled out leetic and Turnip Head as players you spent a lot of time and effort on. Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:55 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:53 pm I ranked all the players and then divided that into groups of 4 because that was roughly how I felt — there were no “huge gaps” in how townie I thought anyone was, no runaway towncore and no obvious scum. Coulda done it all in one running list but I wouldn’t have felt differently about it. It’s not like I type something and that determines what I think about each person
I really thought it was FG. I changed my mind towards the end of the day (which is visible) when I saw how speed and LC interacted over my power role; it seemed clear that one was covering for the other.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Leetic because he was in the lynch lead (at four votes?), and Turnip Head because Drago asked someone to look and see if they see what he saw in TH, I think.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:58 pm
I really thought it was FG. I changed my mind towards the end of the day (which is visible) when I saw how speed and LC interacted over my power role; it seemed clear that one was covering for the other.
Oh really, I was covering for speedchuck? News to me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But when I asked you why you thought it was funnygurl your answer was "I don't think it's Long Con."

"Why is it funnygurl?"
"Because it's not Long Con."
"Okay. Why is it not Long Con?"
"Because it's funnygurl."
:suspish:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It's probably obvious which way I'm leaning at this point. Tony, tell me why I'm wrong.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My biggest hang up in general is that the mafia team treated both of you pretty similarly. There was some token suspicion both ways. Epi even voted for both of you. But I think LC's push on Turnip Head looks more believable than any interactions Tony had with any of the other tree, and I also think the pushes against LC look a little bit more sincere. All three dead baddies targeted LC early on Day 1. It took a lot longer for Tony's name to appear in any of their ISOs. But then, LC made even less mention of Tony than any of them, so I can't really take that to the bank. Tony just wasn't talked about early in the game. LC was. But a lot of that LC chatter was fueled by Turnip Head, speedchuck, and Epi.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:03 pm
But when I asked you why you thought it was funnygurl your answer was "I don't think it's Long Con."

"Why is it funnygurl?"
yes I was hoping no one would notice that. Maybe I was being stubborn.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:11 pm

"Why is it funnygurl?"
I'm gonna need you to tell me what you were actually thinking.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:04 pm It's probably obvious which way I'm leaning at this point. Tony, tell me why I'm wrong.
You don’t feel very convinced yourself, do you? You’ve caught me as scum very cleanly and dramatically twice in the past year. But here there’s none of that. If I’m scum I played a sloppy and unoriginal game. Here your case is based on is “hmmm LC made a case on TH and the voted elsewhere seems fishy but mmm TSP didn’t talk much”. I won’t deny that LC seems authentic. But it’s just luster. As far as interactions go, I’ll point out that most of the initial discussion on me was also pushed by Epi TH and Speed — it came later, but I think I only had like ten posts day 1. They were responsible for most of it. Heck, a full third of Speed’s posts are about me.

We have time. I’ll answer LC’s question then get back to you
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I’m not posting everything I have to say right now. I don’t need to do that, I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:13 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:11 pm

"Why is it funnygurl?"
I'm gonna need you to tell me what you were actually thinking.
I’ll look back and find where I said that LC and Speed were incompatible. I can tell you that I had a strong townread on LC early and held it until late yesterday. He seemed authentic to me. He expressed the proper bursts of contained emotion and seemed truly invested. On the other side of the coin, I felt like FG wasn’t authentic. Her counterclaim of Epi seemed like a by the books scum gambit. That’s how I felt. It’s not very scientific; I can point you to some places where I said that this was how I felt and some things that made me feel that way, but I had little backing to secure it.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

You haven’t touched on speed coming after me late yesterday, I assume you think it was staged?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:25 pm You haven’t touched on speed coming after me late yesterday, I assume you think it was staged?
I am not putting as much stock in things from late yesterday, yeah. Should I?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D3)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:54 pm I think LC is town. Likely if I were scum my scum partner has taken the target of me or LC. I’m not helping the case by defending LC.
Only speed has
oh I see a problem here
This is the post that I based my Speed/LC not teamed thing on.

I have no clue what it means
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:31 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:25 pm You haven’t touched on speed coming after me late yesterday, I assume you think it was staged?
It was where it became clear to me that LC was scum
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:31 pm
It was where it became clear to me that LC was scum
Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Speed made a big case against LC day 2. It was hedgey, but it ultimately went nowhere. He voted for his other teammate TH. Check how many times Speed mentions LC day 3.
It’s zero. Not once.
They both hit on the same topics several times at the end, where if they’re not w/w it makes sense to approach it from the same angle. But since they are, they can’t seem like they’re acting together given the fact that Speed will be flipping scum probably very soon.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:32 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:54 pm I think LC is town. Likely if I were scum my scum partner has taken the target of me or LC. I’m not helping the case by defending LC.
Only speed has
oh I see a problem here

Are you telling me you do not remember why you held a firm contrarian viewpoint all of yesterday?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:39 pm
Only speed has
oh I see a problem here

Are you telling me you do not remember why you held a firm contrarian viewpoint all of yesterday?
I remember why I thought LC wasn’t mafia and Ive explained that. I only made two posts about specifically Speed/LC not being paired and they’re back to back and it’s clear that my mind is elsewhere. I can only look at what I wrote to see what I thought.

If this is falling on deaf ears, vote for me now. I don’t want this to be dragged out. But if you seriously have doubts, I’ll do whatever I can to help you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:44 pm
Only speed has
oh I see a problem here

I remember why I thought LC wasn’t mafia and Ive explained that. I only made two posts about specifically Speed/LC not being paired and they’re back to back and it’s clear that my mind is elsewhere. I can only look at what I wrote to see what I thought.

If this is falling on deaf ears, vote for me now. I don’t want this to be dragged out. But if you seriously have doubts, I’ll do whatever I can to help you.
Why was funnygurl your choice instead of me or ts account?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:18 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:17 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:13 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:06 pm Ok, well then my "spirit vote" is on Tony. His role claim is a lie. I'm Desmond, and I'm Civ, and there's no way in hell he wouldn't have tried to kill me last night if he had the chance. I assume he tried to target someone else with his power (likely to kill Desmond if you can find him). He was trying to draw me out so he'd know who to target.

Sloonei, I'm town, and voting Tony is the way for us to win the game.
SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC
yes my role works the way y’all thought it did I got a clarificatory PM I’m slightly ashamed that I took a stance on my own role and then was completely wrong so you can throw that into the untrustworthy things about me bin
Could you explain your role in as much details as possible?
The way LC said: I target someone, and if they’re Desmond, I kill them. Last night I targeted Speed — I knew Desmond had to be on the scum team because of how Speed reacted to my power, and Speed was the safest guess for being for sure on the scum team. I didn’t target LC because even though he had the highest chance of being Desmond I also thought he might be town.

Im also ascetic, which seems to be a common theme in this game. I said that yesterday. If LC targeted me, his action would have failed.
Why did speedchuck's reaction explicitly confirm for you that he was mafia?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:46 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:44 pm
Only speed has
oh I see a problem here

Why was funnygurl your choice instead of me or ts account?
You asked yesterday. I’ll reiterate. 1) I think it’s quite reasonable that I was tunneling- FG had been an earlier foil scumread as well. 2) I had actual things about FG that I had felt was scum - the counterclaim, some of her interactions with Mikey, the persona she created early. And 3) it obviously wasn’t you and I felt pretty strongly it wasn’t Mikey after his tense interaction with you day 1. Y’all were never real considerations.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:48 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:06 pm Ok, well then my "spirit vote" is on Tony. His role claim is a lie. I'm Desmond, and I'm Civ, and there's no way in hell he wouldn't have tried to kill me last night if he had the chance. I assume he tried to target someone else with his power (likely to kill Desmond if you can find him). He was trying to draw me out so he'd know who to target.

SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC
yes my role works the way y’all thought it did I got a clarificatory PM I’m slightly ashamed that I took a stance on my own role and then was completely wrong so you can throw that into the untrustworthy things about me bin
The way LC said: I target someone, and if they’re Desmond, I kill them. Last night I targeted Speed — I knew Desmond had to be on the scum team because of how Speed reacted to my power, and Speed was the safest guess for being for sure on the scum team. I didn’t target LC because even though he had the highest chance of being Desmond I also thought he might be town.

Im also ascetic, which seems to be a common theme in this game. I said that yesterday. If LC targeted me, his action would have failed.
He=Desmond?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’ll compile something, gimme a second
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:48 pm

SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC

He=Desmond?
he=speedchuck
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] you say that you targeted Mikey and learned his role D/N2. Yet when we were collecting everyone's guesses for the three person mafia team, you had him listed as your alternate pick. Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

First, I don't really discover a role, I receive a nerfed version of an ability my target has. It didn't tell me anything about his alignment.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:02 pm First, I don't really discover a role, I receive a nerfed version of an ability my target has. It didn't tell me anything about his alignment.
What was different about the ability you received and the one listed in his role description?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I accidentally deleted everything I had and now I'm sad. It'll be shorter the second time. I have work to do.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:04 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:02 pm First, I don't really discover a role, I receive a nerfed version of an ability my target has. It didn't tell me anything about his alignment.
What was different about the ability you received and the one listed in his role description?
Role description: Cutting Edge Researcher - Every night you can focus your considerable researching ability on one player and, if they’re an Ancient Assassin you’ll learn their character.

My version allowed me to learn is a player is an Assassin or not.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:11 pm I accidentally deleted everything I had and now I'm sad. It'll be shorter the second time. I have work to do.
That sucks, dude.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:04 pm
Role description: Cutting Edge Researcher - Every night you can focus your considerable researching ability on one player and, if they’re an Ancient Assassin you’ll learn their character.

My version allowed me to learn is a player is an Assassin or not.
*if a player is an Assassin or not.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:01 pm Liar. [VOTE: Tony] aubergine

Sorry I can't be around today. I'll try for better tomorrow.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:11 pm Tony seems a pretty obvious lynch tbh. If we don't we're boned.

linki: he told me he had a cop.
Sorry I'm quite behind.

Caught one. Nutella and JJJ both make mention of it at this point -- it's pretty clear that Speed is panicking. There's no reason to do so if he's not scum -- everyone else has acted either confused or resigned. This gives me two pieces of info: 1) Speed is scum, since he assumes I'm telling the truth AND he thinks he has to do something about it, and 2) Desmond is also scum. Speed can cover under "TSP doesn't make sense" and get away with a Lynch next day if Desmond is town. In fact, he'd do all he can to get me to use the power. I suppose that opens up WIFOM here but I didn't think about that then.
The dual apology thing is important to note here -- he has an agenda but tries to cover it by being behind. For the second one, it's clear that he's picked up all of the relevant information, so it's not that he's behind in terms of what's going on but just in terms of discourse. That's distinctly scum, who usually has to make sure not to get behind in that sense whereas town does not.

speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:14 pm I'm not counter-claiming, I'm calling Tony a liar based on his own posts.

Letting scum with a free extra kill live right now will cost the game.

Speed continues. It seems in some sense, like a real push. He has no ground to stand on but he knows he needs me dead to win. This post is why I went for speed instead of LC last night.

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:46 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:41 pm LC is gonna be so confused after he catches up
LOL why? So far a lot of the talk is about you using a specific-character-kill. I don't really get the confusion, maybe it's because you slowplayed the claim so much. I've seen that type of role as both town and Mafia aligned before, and it's not that uncomon.
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:48 pm LOL ok I'm a bit confused. Tony says his role is to kill Desmond. He targets a player every odd night, and if they're Desmond, then they die. No?
"LOL tell" should be a thing. It's a sign of being uncomfortable. For me LC is only uncomfortable here if he's Desmond or he's mafia. I've already established here that if he's Desmond, he's mafia. So this is my first sign that LC is scum. But LC to his credit doesn't come in barging like Speed does, he takes a more paced approach. In some sense, too paced. Everyone else is confused and LC's first response is "I understand perfectly" and then he qualifies that.

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:53 pm Tony, you gonna use it tonight?

This goes back to Desmond/Mafia --> Mafia. This is a strangely pleading thing. I don't think anyone else bothered to ask me. First, it assumes I'm town. If I'm scum of course I use the power. That's at odds with what LC continues to push: me/speed.
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:57 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:22 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:18 pm speedchuck screaming in here with LIAR and voting for Not Epignosis stinks something awful
i mean this is good info 'cause this is just way too much for tsp / speed to be partners. unless this is another thing y'all do on this forum

that helps me 'cause it means lc's a good lynch after epi
If Epignosis' lynch is nigh-inevitable today, then that's a great way to do some distancing.
There's something to be said about the option where LC is town but isn't sure if I'm scum. He would react similarly if he were Desmond, scum was FG and Speed, and Speed substantially misread my power. That's not very likely, but was enough to add to the ultimately fatal "reasons for targeting Speed over LC list last night.

Two more quick posts that sealed the deal:
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:08 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:05 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:03 pm Is Nanook known for strange roles like that? My role is nowhere near as unusual.
did you see Mac's?
That is a cool role. :srsnod: And unusual... and I want to steal it for my next game.
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:04 pm
ts account wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:03 pm I believe the world we are in is one in which finding Desmond is the only winning line Mafia have. Therefore, I suggest we continue with the Epignosis lynch, and if we lose in the night I will take responsibility. We cannot play around scum Tony if they are telling the truth here unless we lynch them, and I personally believe that is not the course of action we should take.
Agreed. We can't risk the lynch when we have a big fish already on the hook.

These posts are interesting because they both do the same thing: respond to Speedchuck. The first one less significantly, but it allowed me to go back and check and see that indeed, LC and Speed had ZERO interaction either way on day 3. LC would later put speed in his 3s list, I'm not sure if Speed made one. But why would LC as town piggyback on a TS post to respond to Speed without ever doing it himself? It makes no sense.

There's some more but in a reread of late d3 you can see it for yourself.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”