[VOTE: Funnygurl] aubergine
easy
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 306
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by Funnygurl555 »

btw i don't think sloonei's posts have been incriminating so idk what you're tryna do mikey but alright

so anyway i came across a wattpad entry called "my girlfriend is actually a wolf girl" and about half of my six brain cells have atrophied
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Post by ts account »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:59 pm ts account is my wolfbro because never trust him you put him in your town pile and he breaks your heart

/never forget
That was your mistake... And I belong in the town pile regardless.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:02 am [VOTE: Funnygurl] aubergine
easy
i don't want you to play this game anymore i'm gonna block you on this site to remove you from the roster
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:38 pm I have a soft mindmeld with leetic re: sloonei. However, I'm more suspicious of it because I do not think speculation of sloonei's nature is pro-town in any way. Since it is early enough in the game, this read is more of a town read on leetic than a condemnation of sloonei. I also want to point out TonyStarkPrime's callout of LongCon (and sloonei's somewhat, but Tony was not involved before this) which I think is not justified.
ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:40 pm To be clear: my entry posts were not intended as “mechanical speculation”, or at least that was not my primary mindset in making them. I was genuinely concerned that the host had made a mistake.
It's a problem, because you were framing it as a potential game mechanic, when I do not think discussion of that avenue is fruitful for town.
[mention]ts account[/mention] please explain the mindset behind the underlined text.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:55 pm
The intention of the posts themselves was not to speculate about mechanics. That particular post was me realizing that it was probably not a host error, and a search for answers among the folks who knew the theme better than I do. I don’t actually give a shit what the speculative mechanics might be. I just care that the possibility for mechanics exists.

Now explain why my mindset is not indicative of an honest civilian.
Suppose you were given the information that a mechanic exists that removes the two players from the player list, they cannot be voted on or targeted with actions, and they cannot post.
Where do you go from there?

Funnygurl, please tell me you are not a wolf.
Y'know, this post is a bit weird. Mikey is calling out Sloonei for setup speculation, yet when you look at the first paragraph, that's exactly what he's doing here

Care to explain?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:04 am
easy
i don't want you to play this game anymore i'm gonna block you on this site to remove you from the roster
Maybe that's what happened to the two players not in the list
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:04 am
easy
Maybe that's what happened to the two players not in the list
omfg yooo for real though
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 am Y'know, this post is a bit weird. Mikey is calling out Sloonei for setup speculation, yet when you look at the first paragraph, that's exactly what he's doing here

Care to explain?
It is a hypothetical pointing out just how useless it is to seek clarification on whatever is going on. If it turns out to be a game mechanic, it's not like we can use that to our advantage, so we should rather focus on generating content and interacting with each other.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:08 am
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 am Y'know, this post is a bit weird. Mikey is calling out Sloonei for setup speculation, yet when you look at the first paragraph, that's exactly what he's doing here

Care to explain?
It is a hypothetical pointing out just how useless it is to seek clarification on whatever is going on. If it turns out to be a game mechanic, it's not like we can use that to our advantage, so we should rather focus on generating content and interacting with each other.
Mechanical speculation can generate loads of content early in the game. Look how far it’s gotten us here, even when it didn’t happen in the first place!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Suspecting people for talking about mechanics is more suspicious than talking about mechanics.

[VOTE: Ts account] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:05 am
ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:38 pm I have a soft mindmeld with leetic re: sloonei. However, I'm more suspicious of it because I do not think speculation of sloonei's nature is pro-town in any way. Since it is early enough in the game, this read is more of a town read on leetic than a condemnation of sloonei. I also want to point out TonyStarkPrime's callout of LongCon (and sloonei's somewhat, but Tony was not involved before this) which I think is not justified.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:40 pm To be clear: my entry posts were not intended as “mechanical speculation”, or at least that was not my primary mindset in making them. I was genuinely concerned that the host had made a mistake.
It's a problem, because you were framing it as a potential game mechanic, when I do not think discussion of that avenue is fruitful for town.
@ts account please explain the mindset behind the underlined text.
trying to understand mikey's mindset is your first mistake this game unless you wanna get yeeted to the fourth dimension

i shall keep a tally

MISTAKE TALLY:
[1] Sloonei
[1] my mother (for giving birth to me)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:12 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:05 am
@ts account please explain the mindset behind the underlined text.
trying to understand mikey's mindset is your first mistake this game unless you wanna get yeeted to the fourth dimension

i shall keep a tally

MISTAKE TALLY:
[1] Sloonei
[1] my mother (for giving birth to me)
we cannot learn but through experience, Funny Gurl 555.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:12 am Suspecting people for talking about mechanics is more suspicious than talking about mechanics.

This is a lazy read and weak justification for not really anything at all. Will omgus you later.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:17 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:12 am Suspecting people for talking about mechanics is more suspicious than talking about mechanics.

This is a lazy read and weak justification for not really anything at all. Will omgus you later.
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:08 am we should rather focus on generating content and interacting with each other.
Here I am, interacting with you and generating content. And your response is that I'm being lazy.

I think the word is bullshit.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:21 am Here I am, interacting with you and generating content. And your response is that I'm being lazy.

Go show me games where players suspecting other players for mechanical speculation were wolves. It is weird because even though I am not hard suspecting you, you still want me out of the picture sooner rather than later. The reasoning you gave is just lazy/contrived, and that's a fact.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Let us review:
Defers to another player's initial suspicion before tacking on his own bogus justification.

Pursues bogus justification further when confronted with alternative explanation. Fails to elaborate.

ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:53 pm If you say this was not your intent, then what exactly did you mean by this? I can't interpret it as anything else.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:28 pm i'm genuinely unsure what's going on. We have two players who signed up for this game that aren't listed on the roster or the poll.
could there be a thematic reason for this? @ anyone who's familiar with the games? We waited a few extra days to get to exactly 15 players. I don't think it's likely that nanook would simply forget to include two people.
Ignores crucial context in first part of Sloonei's posts (highlighted).

Care to explain?
Awkward backtracking and re-justification.

Calls Sloonei lazy for doing the exact thing he was advocating for one post earlier.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:23 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:21 am Here I am, interacting with you and generating content. And your response is that I'm being lazy.

Go show me games where players suspecting other players for mechanical speculation were wolves. It is weird because even though I am not hard suspecting you, you still want me out of the picture sooner rather than later. The reasoning you gave is just lazy/contrived, and that's a fact.
That is not a fact. A fact would be that Sloonei has voted for ts account.

Go show me a game where a mafia player talked about mechanics, and I'll show you half a dozen where a civilian did the same. "Talking about mechanics is suspicious" is the low hanging fruit Day 1 play that anyone can seize onto when trying to make an entrance. A civilian is capable of seizing onto this. A mafia member is also capable.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It is a 72 hour day and ts account is accusing me of "wanting [him] gone" because I voted for him 7 hours in.

Hi, I know we've not had much experience together, but my vote is gonna move around a lot before this day ends.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That said, I love where it is right now. [mention]Funnygurl555[/mention] tell me about your impression of things so far. You've said you don't see my posts as "incriminating." How do you see them, and how do you see the people who have pursued them?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:31 am It is a 72 hour day and ts account is accusing me of "wanting [him] gone" because I voted for him 7 hours in.

Hi, I know we've not had much experience together, but my vote is gonna move around a lot before this day ends.
It isn't like you are voting me for another reason. My point isn't even that mechanical discussion is scummy (it is) or that your post made you scum. So, either you didn't take the time to understand my point before omgusing or you are feeling pressure and you are trying to take down the most vocal player as soon as possible. Which is it?

I feel like you are used to being able to throw your weight around to shut down anyone looking your way.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:53 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:31 am It is a 72 hour day and ts account is accusing me of "wanting [him] gone" because I voted for him 7 hours in.

It isn't like you are voting me for another reason. My point isn't even that mechanical discussion is scummy (it is) or that your post made you scum. So, either you didn't take the time to understand my point before omgusing or you are feeling pressure and you are trying to take down the most vocal player as soon as possible. Which is it?

I feel like you are used to being able to throw your weight around to shut down anyone looking your way.
I feel like you are misunderstanding my approach to this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 am
Y'know, this post is a bit weird. Mikey is calling out Sloonei for setup speculation, yet when you look at the first paragraph, that's exactly what he's doing here

Care to explain?
I would like to know from you. Are you worried about me pocketing you?
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 205

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:31 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:27 pm I also voted for long con.
Why did you do that?
His vote is silly.
Agreed.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'll respond in more detail so we can move this forward.
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:53 am It isn't like you are voting me for another reason.
... another reason than what? I don't understand what this sentence refers to.
My point isn't even that mechanical discussion is scummy (it is) or that your post made you scum.
Thank you for telling me what your point isn't. Could you tell me what your point is? I wasn't aware you had a point here.
So, either you didn't take the time to understand my point before omgusing
What point?
or you are feeling pressure and you are trying to take down the most vocal player as soon as possible.
You are not the most vocal player, I am. Look at me go. And you also are not the first person to turn a critical eye on me. That was leetic. He is a town read. I claim responsibility for the escalation of our exchange. Your opposition to me is more vocal than others because I have engaged with you to make it so. I reject this suggestion at face value.
Which is it?
N/A.
This is where I say that you are misunderstanding me. I am an aggressive player, town or scum. I will engage directly with people on topics that I find pertinent. I do not even care that I happened to be the subject of your initial suspicion. I am interested in the suspicion itself, the mindset and motivation behind it, and, much more importantly than that, the events which have transpired since then.

Having said all that, I have no intention of dragging the two of us into a feedback loop of hostility. I fully acknowledge that we are two civilians butting heads out of the gate. I am challenging you the way that I am because multiple points in your posts have come across as questionable to me. I wish to pursue those questions for answers. I am not incapable of listening to your answers. All of the question I am asking are genuine.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:03 am
Why did you do that?
His vote is silly.
Agreed.
What is silly about it?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:32 am That said, I love where it is right now. @Funnygurl555 tell me about your impression of things so far. You've said you don't see my posts as "incriminating." How do you see them, and how do you see the people who have pursued them?
right now your posts are nai for me. i've played one game (half of one???) with you before, so i can't rely on (based) meta reads. and tbh rn i think all this exchange is d0™ posting. i'm looking moreso towards leetic for casting suspicion towards you then letting you and mikey tango. how do i tell this forum that i don't want to tag myself a million times?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ebwop:
Having said all that, I have no intention of dragging the two of us into a feedback loop of hostility. I fully acknowledge that we might be two civilians butting heads out of the gate. I am challenging you the way that I am because multiple points in your posts have come across as questionable to me. I wish to pursue those questions for answers. I am not incapable of listening to your answers. All of the question I am asking are genuine.
before anyone suggests something goofy
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

good catch i was about to say damn lotta town reads you got there sloonei
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:08 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:32 am That said, I love where it is right now. Funnygurl555 tell me about your impression of things so far. You've said you don't see my posts as "incriminating." How do you see them, and how do you see the people who have pursued them?
right now your posts are nai for me. i've played one game (half of one???) with you before, so i can't rely on (based) meta reads. and tbh rn i think all this exchange is d0™ posting. i'm looking moreso towards leetic for casting suspicion towards you then letting you and mikey tango. how do i tell this forum that i don't want to tag myself a million times?
Deleting the "@" before your name in the mention tag gets rid of that annoying thing.

I liked leetic's initial vote, honestly. It didn't register as too serious, and I took it as nothing more than an effort to infuse some life into the thread. He succeeded at that, albeit indirectly. I don't fault him for not responding to ensuing kerfuffle. I think he's just not here right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:57 am

Care to explain?
I would like to know from you. Are you worried about me pocketing you?
Mikey's behavior is weird, last game when he was town he wasn't going after the people doing setup speculation despite the fact that there was a lot going on. And what's with this business about pocketing, like of course I'm not going to discount the possibility of someone being scum just because they townread me. Now I'm voting Mikey for this reason.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:11 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:08 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:32 am That said, I love where it is right now. Funnygurl555 tell me about your impression of things so far. You've said you don't see my posts as "incriminating." How do you see them, and how do you see the people who have pursued them?
Deleting the "@" before your name in the mention tag gets rid of that annoying thing.

I liked leetic's initial vote, honestly. It didn't register as too serious, and I took it as nothing more than an effort to infuse some life into the thread. He succeeded at that, albeit indirectly. I don't fault him for not responding to ensuing kerfuffle. I think he's just not here right now.
o m g THANK YOU

see that's why i don't like leetic's vote though-- it's very obviously an attempt at doing something. but eh ain't gonna push it leetic's still my town bro
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei is town. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him talking mechanically. It's not pro anything and doesn't deter the game at all. An argument could be made that it is beneficial towards the game and lets you understand what could be going on. That newfound understanding can better your reads.

Why was Sloonei being voted for mechanical talk? Ts why are you gungho about it? I can't help but agree with Sloonei that suspecting someone over mechanical is suspicious in of itself. It's lazy and never actually feels like a genuine read. Furthermore, scum use this too much to get by with their fake suspicions. Thus why it feels lazy and not genuine.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This mini progression:
leetic wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:51 pm C'mon guys, I'm here, why are y'all not doing anything
1. leetic wants to get the action started.

leetic wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:22 pm Usually much more has happened by now. This feels weird.

Right now, [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine. He is usually one of the more active people who tries to get stuff going, but right now his only contributions have been setup speculation. I'm not really seeing him trying to get any meaningful discussion going so I have to be suspicious.
2. Frustrated at the lack of action, leetic makes something happen. He specifically targets a player he expects to be vocal.

ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:55 pm
The intention of the posts themselves was not to speculate about mechanics. That particular post was me realizing that it was probably not a host error, and a search for answers among the folks who knew the theme better than I do. I don’t actually give a shit what the speculative mechanics might be. I just care that the possibility for mechanics exists.

Now explain why my mindset is not indicative of an honest civilian.
Suppose you were given the information that a mechanic exists that removes the two players from the player list, they cannot be voted on or targeted with actions, and they cannot post.
Where do you go from there?

Funnygurl, please tell me you are not a wolf.

Care to explain?
3. leetic follows up on the events he has set in motion.

All of this looks good to me. leetic looks engaged and thoughtful. He's generating content, but he's not forcing reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:07 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:03 am
Why did you do that?
His vote is silly.
Agreed.
What is silly about it?
His entire premise for the vote is dumb. He assumes that you'll open the same way as you did in another game and since you didn't, it's justification for why you're scum. It's meta and it's stupid meta. Most people don't always open up the exact same way in games that they're in regardless of alignment. I'm confident that I could easily find a game in which he opened differently from this one and day that he's scum.

He's either...
1. Ignoring how dumb his logic is and is just trying to create something against you to contribute.
2. Not realizing how dumb his logic is.

If it's 1, then he's a lazy scum. If it's 2, then he's a lazy townie.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

I agree with Sloo. Leetic is probably town. Been mindmelding with Sloonei a lot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I approve of drago so far.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Why can I not seem to find a multi quote button...
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:06 am I'll respond in more detail so we can move this forward.
... another reason than what? I don't understand what this sentence refers to.
You are voting me because you have a case on me. The case is pretty bad, so it could be from scum. That is not a priority from me right now, however.
Thank you for telling me what your point isn't. Could you tell me what your point is? I wasn't aware you had a point here.
My point is that leetic is very likely town, and that interacting with other players (like we are doing more of now) is a better use of your time than asking "assassin's creed players" if there could be any flavor justification for players missing from the setup. I suggest we drop that angle of discussion entirely.
What point? You are not the most vocal player, I am. Look at me go. And you also are not the first person to turn a critical eye on me. That was leetic. He is a town read. I claim responsibility for the escalation of our exchange. Your opposition to me is more vocal than others because I have engaged with you to make it so. I reject this suggestion at face value.
Let me rephrase then. I am the most vocal town player.
This is where I say that you are misunderstanding me. I am an aggressive player, town or scum. I will engage directly with people on topics that I find pertinent. I do not even care that I happened to be the subject of your initial suspicion. I am interested in the suspicion itself, the mindset and motivation behind it, and, much more importantly than that, the events which have transpired since then.

Having said all that, I have no intention of dragging the two of us into a feedback loop of hostility. I fully acknowledge that we are two civilians butting heads out of the gate. I am challenging you the way that I am because multiple points in your posts have come across as questionable to me. I wish to pursue those questions for answers. I am not incapable of listening to your answers. All of the question I am asking are genuine.
While I doubt your casing and general line of questioning is genuine (the post about going after mechanical discussion seems so offhand that I am interpreting it as justification for agenda) my posting should not be questionable in any way. If something seems inconsistent or agenda-driven, you are misreading, it's that simple. As a player I have a habit of omgus, but I find this justifiable as wolves statistically have a habit of suspecting me. Your casing me is making me far more suspicious of you than day 1 meh posts will, so I will not let this go. I am interested in seeing where else you go from here.
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:13 am Mikey's behavior is weird, last game when he was town he wasn't going after the people doing setup speculation despite the fact that there was a lot going on. And what's with this business about pocketing, like of course I'm not going to discount the possibility of someone being scum just because they townread me. Now I'm voting Mikey for this reason.
That's cool. Are you in particular worried about me pocketing you? Just answer the question. It's not like it could hurt you to answer, right?
As an aside, if the game you're referencing, is the smogon game, setup discussion is vital to winning the game as town. Mystery games... not so much.
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 am Sloonei is town. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him talking mechanically. It's not pro anything and doesn't deter the game at all. An argument could be made that it is beneficial towards the game and lets you understand what could be going on. That newfound understanding can better your reads.

Why was Sloonei being voted for mechanical talk? Ts why are you gungho about it? I can't help but agree with Sloonei that suspecting someone over mechanical is suspicious in of itself. It's lazy and never actually feels like a genuine read. Furthermore, scum use this too much to get by with their fake suspicions. Thus why it feels lazy and not genuine.
Well this is a dumpster fire of a post. I suggest you go back and read my posts rather than latching onto what your scumbuds are saying.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]ts account[/mention] respond to my "case" against you with particular points, please. You've referred to my case against you being bad multiple times, but I'm unclear on A) what you consider to be my case (I would not say that I have made one, and B) why it's bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 167
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:31 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:45 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:22 pm Usually much more has happened by now. This feels weird.

Right now, [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine. He is usually one of the more active people who tries to get stuff going, but right now his only contributions have been setup speculation. I'm not really seeing him trying to get any meaningful discussion going so I have to be suspicious.
I would also say the same about JaggedJimmyJay, but he's Schrödinger's player right now. I'll join you on the Sloonei vote, he has three posts and they're all about an issue that's above his pay grade as a player. In A World Asunder, town Sloonei opened Day 1 with two town reads and a vote on a suspect. [VOTE: sloonei] aubergine
This is perhaps worse than the Leetic but it’s heart is in the right place
This sums up nicely how I felt about the two votes, except that i literally have nothing more to say besides “this is probably worse than leetic’s vote”
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]tedxtr[/mention] what is your read on sloonei?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:30 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME i made isos.

Dragomir
Epignosis
Funnygurl555
leetic
Long Con
MacDougall
Master Radishes
Sloonei
speedchuck
tedxtr
ts account
Turnip Head
<3 thanks! Will get into OP tonight
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:27 am Let us review:
Defers to another player's initial suspicion before tacking on his own bogus justification.

Pursues bogus justification further when confronted with alternative explanation. Fails to elaborate.

ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:53 pm If you say this was not your intent, then what exactly did you mean by this? I can't interpret it as anything else.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:28 pm i'm genuinely unsure what's going on. We have two players who signed up for this game that aren't listed on the roster or the poll.
could there be a thematic reason for this? @ anyone who's familiar with the games? We waited a few extra days to get to exactly 15 players. I don't think it's likely that nanook would simply forget to include two people.

Care to explain?

Calls Sloonei lazy for doing the exact thing he was advocating for one post earlier.
Is this not a case?
I did not respond to particular points because they were overwhelmingly bad (as in, trying to explain how wrong they are is beyond me). You know the feeling, I think. Even the way you frame the argument is in bad faith and has an agenda to it- get me lynched (see wording choice such as "defer" or "bogus", see twisting words to form contradictions "calling players lazy for doing something he was advocating").
I can't grapple with the sheer artificiality of this case.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:24 am His entire premise for the vote is dumb. He assumes that you'll open the same way as you did in another game and since you didn't, it's justification for why you're scum. It's meta and it's stupid meta. Most people don't always open up the exact same way in games that they're in regardless of alignment. I'm confident that I could easily find a game in which he opened differently from this one and day that he's scum.

He's either...
1. Ignoring how dumb his logic is and is just trying to create something against you to contribute.
2. Not realizing how dumb his logic is.

If it's 1, then he's a lazy scum. If it's 2, then he's a lazy townie.
Which do you think it is, incidentally?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:47 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:27 am Let us review:

Care to explain?

Is this not a case?
I did not respond to particular points because they were overwhelmingly bad (as in, trying to explain how wrong they are is beyond me). You know the feeling, I think. Even the way you frame the argument is in bad faith and has an agenda to it- get me lynched (see wording choice such as "defer" or "bogus", see twisting words to form contradictions "calling players lazy for doing something he was advocating").
I can't grapple with the sheer artificiality of this case.
You are absolutely correct that there is an agenda here.

You are absolutely incorrect that the agenda is to get you lynched.

This is not a case. It’s a series of observations framed through the lens of you being anti-town. This is not the only lens through which we can view your posts. It is the lens I chose to apply because that fits my agenda. My agenda is to promote discussion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

My favorite part was when I repeated something I said and you called it backtracking, and explained how it justified my point, and you called it "re-justification". (Is that even bad? Do you mean to say I changed my justification for it? That feels kind of abstract and isn't even true if it is what you meant.)
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 167
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:46 am @tedxtr what is your read on sloonei?
Yeah I was gonna get to that, I think you're town and I'm trying to wrap my head around the mess.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:53 am My favorite part was when I repeated something I said and you called it backtracking, and explained how it justified my point, and you called it "re-justification". (Is that even bad? Do you mean to say I changed my justification for it? That feels kind of abstract and isn't even true if it is what you meant.)
You had not mentioned that you suspected me for Not Generating Contentl that point, so I saw it as an attempt to offer a new justification for a previously-stated suspicion, which could very well be bad, yes.

Through the conversation we’ve had in the interim I can see how that point could have been associated with your initial point.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 117
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei is some sort of hybrid Golden-JJJ monstrosity right now, is this his final form? He just played a dastardly villain in GoC so now he might be supatowning hard

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”