Congratulations boo!

Want to know what's new at The Syndicate? Check out site-wide announcements here.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Congratulations boo!

Post by juliets »

We are so pleased to announce that boo has agreed to become a technical moderator for us to work with Spacedaisy on technical improvements on the site. boo is experienced in working with servers and VPN access and has already prepared a couple of fixes for our site that he will test in a test environment before installing them on the live board. He is eager to find solutions and to advance our technological environment. Please congratulate boo and thank him for coming on board to help us advance!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Congratulations boo!

Post by Turnip Head »

Nice job boo boo
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

If there’s one man I trust to tamper with the matrix of our little universe, it’s Walter Bishop.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Epignosis »

boo is coo.

Hope you're doing well my man.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

This is exciting!
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

juliets wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:10 pm We are so pleased to announce that boo has agreed to become a technical moderator for us to work with Spacedaisy on technical improvements on the site. boo is experienced in working with servers and VPN access and has already prepared a couple of fixes for our site that he will test in a test environment before installing them on the live board. He is eager to find solutions and to advance our technological environment. Please congratulate boo and thank him for coming on board to help us advance!
Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:53 pm Nice job boo boo
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:37 pm If there’s one man I trust to tamper with the matrix of our little universe, it’s Walter Bishop.
Epignosis wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:56 pm boo is coo.

Long Con wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:31 pm This is exciting!
Thanks everyone.

I'm alright Epi, how've you been?

This is an example of multiquote, an extension I just added, in action.

Here's a couple of screenshots that I think explain enough for how to use it:
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

:dance:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:10 pm We are so pleased to announce that boo has agreed to become a technical moderator for us to work with Spacedaisy on technical improvements on the site. boo is experienced in working with servers and VPN access and has already prepared a couple of fixes for our site that he will test in a test environment before installing them on the live board. He is eager to find solutions and to advance our technological environment. Please congratulate boo and thank him for coming on board to help us advance!
Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:53 pm Nice job boo boo
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:37 pm If there’s one man I trust to tamper with the matrix of our little universe, it’s Walter Bishop.
Epignosis wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:56 pm boo is coo.

testing testing
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Well howdee doo! juliets and boo have their new roles for ten minutes and one of our holy grails appears to be covered. That is absolutely remarkable. :eek:

Fantastic stuff, thank you so much boo. Do you know if this works similarly on mobile? I was able to replicate the method easily on my laptop, though the "add quotes" block in the bottom right didn't show on mobile.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:38 am Well howdee doo! juliets and boo have their new roles for ten minutes and one of our holy grails appears to be covered. That is absolutely remarkable. :eek:

Fantastic stuff, thank you so much boo. Do you know if this works similarly on mobile? I was able to replicate the method easily on my laptop, though the "add quotes" block in the bottom right didn't show on mobile.
That's a good question. I hadn't thought to test that.

On my phone, I'm seeing ... for the bar that has quote and all the other functions that show when you're on a computer. When I select it, instead of just one version of quote showing, it has two with different icons. The higher one is a normal quote, while the second should be multiquote. However, on my phone, it isn't coming up with the box that would then let me post with multiple quotes. I'll look into that, the extension has been out for a while, so I imagine it's something others have run into and solved.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Alright, looks like the issue is we're running an older version of phpbb. The multiquote extension is technically for a slightly higher version than we're on, so while it works, I'm thinking having it function properly on mobile must require the board to be running that higher version. I did make a few changes, but it's still not working on my phone. If anyone else can try, if you do what I outlined above and are double tapping on the quote option, it's supposed to come up with the multiquote box.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

One other feature I forgot to mention about that extension: if you highlight part of someones post, it will come up with a quote option for just the highlighted selection, allowing you to quote only a part of a post. This feature can be kind of annoying, because it will hide the quote button for that behind other stuff (avatars, the quote bar, etc). You can somewhat control that by letting go of the mouse button in an open spot, as it seems to always open up and to the left of where you let go.

Also, also: multiquote only works on the current page. So if you want to be able to multiquote a ton of stuff, you'll have to increase your posts per page (that can be done in the user control panel >profile > edit profile > posts per page box (by default it'll be empty). This seems not to be a problem, so in trying to solve the mobile issue I must've gotten an update where the author had fixed that! It'll even maintain the multiquotes if you go to a different thread, lol.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:38 am Well howdee doo! juliets and boo have their new roles for ten minutes and one of our holy grails appears to be covered. That is absolutely remarkable. :eek:

boo wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:59 am

That's a good question. I hadn't thought to test that.

On my phone, I'm seeing ... for the bar that has quote and all the other functions that show when you're on a computer. When I select it, instead of just one version of quote showing, it has two with different icons. The higher one is a normal quote, while the second should be multiquote. However, on my phone, it isn't coming up with the box that would then let me post with multiple quotes. I'll look into that, the extension has been out for a while, so I imagine it's something others have run into and solved.
I’m using mobile right now and it worked just fine for this post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I just checked again, and it looks like it works fine in landscape mode on mobile. On portrait mode, the mutliquote button is still there under the "..." menu, but the box doesn't appear on the bottom right.

More than good enough for me anyway. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:58 am I just checked again, and it looks like it works fine in landscape mode on mobile. On portrait mode, the mutliquote button is still there under the "..." menu, but the box doesn't appear on the bottom right.

Ahh, right you are! Changing orientation to landscape worked for me too.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo cares about the roof.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Thank you sososososo much boo :cloud9:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

nutella wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:09 pm YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Thank you sososososo much boo :cloud9:
:)
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Michelle
Made Man
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:30 pm Image

“What if your name is some basic shit like Jack?” - some dick on MU

A hidden role game for up to 20 players where everyone is named Jack.

Players

I'm Jack (Yes):
ColinisCool
Nanook
nutella
Long Con
MacDougall

I have some other lesser name (No)
JaggedJimmyJay
dunya

Hang on, I lost my ID (Maybe)
sprityo
speedchuck
TonyStarkPrime
Michelle
sprityo wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:04 pm Jack is a dumb name for dumb babies

I’m in
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:57 pm:dance:

boo wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:24 am Alright, looks like the issue is we're running an older version of phpbb. The multiquote extension is technically for a slightly higher version than we're on, so while it works, I'm thinking having it function properly on mobile must require the board to be running that higher version. I did make a few changes, but it's still not working on my phone. If anyone else can try, if you do what I outlined above and are double tapping on the quote option, it's supposed to come up with the multiquote box.
boo wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:30 am One other feature I forgot to mention about that extension: if you highlight part of someones post, it will come up with a quote option for just the highlighted selection, allowing you to quote only a part of a post. This feature can be kind of annoying, because it will hide the quote button for that behind other stuff (avatars, the quote bar, etc). You can somewhat control that by letting go of the mouse button in an open spot, as it seems to always open up and to the left of where you let go.

Also, also: multiquote only works on the current page. So if you want to be able to multiquote a ton of stuff, you'll have to increase your posts per page (that can be done in the user control panel >profile > edit profile > posts per page box (by default it'll be empty). This seems not to be a problem, so in trying to solve the mobile issue I must've gotten an update where the author had fixed that! It'll even maintain the multiquotes if you go to a different thread, lol.
Works on ladscape mode on mobile for me too!
Awsome and thanks Boo ^^

I see it took 2 posts i selected in other thread because i saw a new button and i did what any Dee Dee does :p

Btw, i spoilered all the quotes.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:58 am I just checked again, and it looks like it works fine in landscape mode on mobile. On portrait mode, the mutliquote button is still there under the "..." menu, but the box doesn't appear on the bottom right.

Epignosis wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:11 pm boo cares about the roof.
Yay it works. Thanks, Boo!
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Where have you been all my life, boo?

Return to “Announcements”