Random~

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Random~

Post by bea »

Lizzy wrote:
bea wrote::haha:

I wonder if this is how wabbit felt when he was chaperoning us in the games threads.....
who's wabbit q.m.

:dance:
Rabbit8 - he's a bit of a notorious mafia player, though if I remember correctly he only played MP's first game here. He hosts alot on RM though. When my sweetie and I were still "getting to know each other online" (like before either of us shelled out money to travel across country to actually...you know...meet each other...) he was often in the games thread at HV when diggz and I were in there flirting. I have always thought of him as our "chaperone" on our early dates. ;) BTW - should you and vomp ever need another place to go waste time you should check out hedville. http://www.dinasaurhedcult.com/forums/forum.php There's srrsly a great group of people there and we are rather known for having THE most laid back sooooooo not srrsbns mafia ever. (And a game in sign-ups that needs a few more players. wink wink, nudge nudge :D)

Oh! Oh! Oh! also - the reason I was coming here is I wanted to post this:

www.notalwaysright.com

I stumbled onto this site and it has COMPLETELY changed the way I look at my job. Before, crappy ass customers were something to piss me off. Now, I have a new game. It's played like this: 1) Remember everything the worst of my customers does and says each night. 2) Submit it to "not always right" 3) Keep score on how many of them make it to publication. 4) Imma shootin' for the Hall of Fame baby!!!!! :D

Of course tonight, I was so happy nobody pissed me off. - It would figure. Stoopid customers won't let me play my new game. :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 359

Post by Vompatti »

I should fry something k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

frying things is cool. now I want to do that as I have a fryer and some onions . I just lack the oil.... :( :sigh: I really want hand made beer battered onion rings now....
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

mmmmmmm onion rings
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

inorite? :)
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

bea fry some shrimp and potatoes (home cut fries) ymmmm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 480
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I have some sweet potato tater tots I've been meaning to "oven fry' in my toaster oven.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

juliets wrote:bea fry some shrimp and potatoes (home cut fries) ymmmm
Oh that sounds good too. I used the last of the shrimp though making rottini pasta with shrimp and bacon and peppers, onions, and mushrooms all mixed in pesto sauce with some lovely fresh grated Romano cheese.

That said, as soon as I read shrimp and home cut fries, I INSTANTLY wanted Shrimp and Grits. Like old skool Nawlens Shrimp and grits.

I need to find a good recipe for that soon and make it.

As it is - I'm going with the stand-by "I can't be assed to cook and I love this food" - pasta with butter and parm cheese. :D
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 477

Post by A Person »

bump

tfw cute little stroopwafels and tieguanyin
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I had my sweet potato tots with my breakfast this morning. Two eggs over easy, baked beans, sauteed mushrooms, and sprouted grain bread. I was loading up because I was taking an insane class at the gym. I'm still full though!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Lizzy »

A Person wrote:bump

I must remember to ask for a tieguanyin sample next time I visit the tea shop. The sri lankan milk oolong is rather delicious, but it doesn't even come close to the Formosa one. :A
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:

I must remember to ask for a tieguanyin sample next time I visit the tea shop. The sri lankan milk oolong is rather delicious, but it doesn't even come close to the Formosa one. :A
If you are getting a nice loose leaf kind it will probably be closer to green tea and be good, the bagged kind I have is definitely different from the same company's normal oolong but it's still different. I still really want to try the milk oolong. Speaking of Formosa, I was just looking at Formosa Lapsang Souchong/tarry lapsang souchong prices. Why is it so hard to find something that tastes like a liquid campfire locally? :'(

Also, I've missed our tea conversations :A
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Mongoose wrote:I had my sweet potato tots with my breakfast this morning. Two eggs over easy, baked beans, sauteed mushrooms, and sprouted grain bread. I was loading up because I was taking an insane class at the gym. I'm still full though!
Sweet potato tots intrude me. I love sweet potatos but not a fan of the thin cut sweet potato fries (seems to dry out too much for my liking) - are the tots better?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

bea wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I had my sweet potato tots with my breakfast this morning. Two eggs over easy, baked beans, sauteed mushrooms, and sprouted grain bread. I was loading up because I was taking an insane class at the gym. I'm still full though!
Sweet potato tots intrude me. I love sweet potatos but not a fan of the thin cut sweet potato fries (seems to dry out too much for my liking) - are the tots better?
They are! I spice them up to offset their sweet taste. You can also season your ketchup instead. We had them with our English breakfast (husband is English), so that was my fun little twist. I like to make hash with turnips or yams instead of white potatoes sometimes too.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I've never been a fan of sweet potatoes, they're too sweet.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I prefer salty potatoes k

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

me too k

you eat too many chips, you'll get fat
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

If I get fat I won't have to add holes to my belt.

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

but it's unhealthy and the nice gril who liked your story might not find you phsyically atttaricve k
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:

If you are getting a nice loose leaf kind it will probably be closer to green tea and be good, the bagged kind I have is definitely different from the same company's normal oolong but it's still different. I still really want to try the milk oolong. Speaking of Formosa, I was just looking at Formosa Lapsang Souchong/tarry lapsang souchong prices. Why is it so hard to find something that tastes like a liquid campfire locally? :'(

It's a fairly decent loose leaf type (the scent is divine) and it is marked as green tea on the box. I try some bagged oolong from my Taiwanese room mate, but it was extremely strong and bitter. I might have not brewed it properly.
Also, the local campfire might arrive from another continent. Hopefully soon k. :A
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

A Person wrote:but it's unhealthy and the nice gril who liked your story might not find you phsyically atttaricve k
ture same goes for the gril with pretty hands k
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Lizzy wrote:
A Person wrote:but it's unhealthy and the nice gril who liked your story might not find you phsyically atttaricve k
ture :'7

the gril with pretty hands is much thinner than me :'*///*/77'/

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:
A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:

It's a fairly decent loose leaf type (the scent is divine) and it is marked as green tea on the box. I try some bagged oolong from my Taiwanese room mate, but it was extremely strong and bitter. I might have not brewed it properly.
Also, the local campfire might arrive from another continent. Hopefully soon k. :A
:A I can't wait, but I guess I'll have to. Tea tastes better when it's a gift from a friend :D

Also, I would like to try more Japanese teas but those are impossible to find locally too.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:
Lizzy wrote:

You should take up riding your bike around places you've seen her so you meet her more and also lose some weight.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Lizzy wrote:

You should take up riding your bike around places you've seen her so you meet her more and also lose some weight.
I think the front tyre gets empty by itself and I mainly see her at specific events k

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Lizzy wrote:

I think the front tyre gets empty by itself and I mainly see her at specific events k
Maybe you should buy a new tire. You should focus on the nice gril who liked your story then k
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:

:A I can't wait, but I guess I'll have to. Tea tastes better when it's a gift from a friend :D

Also, I would like to try more Japanese teas but those are impossible to find locally too.
Tuer. :hugs:

Also, I don't know why, but I'm somewhat reluctant when it comes to Japanese teas. :A For now imma gonna focus on China, Taiwan and perhaps Darjeeling k. :A
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Lizzy wrote: ture same goes for the gril with pretty hands k

Maybe you should buy a new tire. You should focus on the nice gril who liked your story then k
She's married and it might just be the valve k

Image Image Image
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Vompatti wrote: She's married and it might just be the valve k
ho then you should marry the gril with pretty hands and ride your ill-valved bike into the sunset k
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:Tuer. :hugs:

Also, I don't know why, but I'm somewhat reluctant when it comes to Japanese teas. :A For now imma gonna focus on China, Taiwan and perhaps Darjeeling k. :A
:hugs:

I have yet to be turely disappointed by tea so I'm all for trying anything I get my hands on. ddks
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:
ho then you should marry the gril with pretty hands and ride your ill-valved bike into the sunset k
ture, but if he keeps eating chips he'll get an ill-valved heart
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Lizzy wrote:
she might not enjoy that k

Image Image Image
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
ture :\
Vomps wrote:she might not enjoy that k
make her enjoy it if you know wathi meamena
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Lizzy wrote:
A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
ture :\
Vomps wrote:she might not enjoy that k
make her enjoy it if you know wathi meamena
:eek:

I'm too shy, if you know what I mean.

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Put on a persona of being a mysterious writer type, then she'll want you for sure k
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:Put on a persona of being a mysterious writer type, then she'll want you for sure k
I don't think I know how to act mysterious k :shrug:

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:Put on a persona of being a mysterious writer type, then she'll want you for sure k
Act like your normal shy, introverted self but with more self confidence.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
k :mafia:

Image Image Image
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
k :mafia:
and make sure to report back k :noble:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

@ mongoose - I've never really tried turnips before, though I have yet to meet a veggie I didn't like. Were I to get some at the store someday for experimenting, how would you best recommend preparing them?

@ tea drinkers - I've always wanted to experement with loose tea preperation but have never had the opportunity - I have an electric water kettle - I assume I need a tea defuser ball and some loose tea? Where would you guys reccomend a new person start?

re: Vomppi's stuffs - to quote the only good lines from Finding Forrester: "You mean, you wrote a great book in order to get women?" "Son, you don't even have to write a good one." Shy+Writer is all you need if she knows you are a writer - the quiet makes you mysterious. You are obviously thinking "great thoughts" even when you are not. ;) Matt has that one right on. Act like normal shy self, but act that way not as a burden to carry, but a badge of honor. Think "I am quiet because I'm thinking great things." "I'm quiet because people are too small minded to understand my great ideas."

Or - to put it another way - I once complained that "I'm not strong because I'm like water, I always take the path of least resistance." Then it was pointed out to me. "That is the kind of power that is the best to have. Anyone can be like a bull in a china shop forcing people to bend to their needs. Real strength works with what it's given. It twists, it turns, it compromises, it moves like a river. And over time, you know what a river can do? It can make the Grand Canyon."
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Oh - also - given the recent conversation here, I took the liberty of making a couple of threads:

The tea thread: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... ?f=6&t=197

The Foodie thread: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... ?f=6&t=196

:wine:
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

bea wrote:@ tea drinkers - I've always wanted to experement with loose tea preperation but have never had the opportunity - I have an electric water kettle - I assume I need a tea defuser ball and some loose tea? Where would you guys reccomend a new person start?
That's what I use. I've read that some people think t hat it doesn't allow tea leaves to completely open up or whatever and I guess it makes sense, but my infuser seems to do a decent job. I'm not sure about local places but there are tons of online stores to by tea from, and there's an infinite amount of blends of teas. I only recommend looking stuff up and trying what sounds good. It's amazing how many different tastes can come from a single plant.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 61

Post by nutella »

I have this thing

to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I've been looking for one of those.

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I've got one like this:
I'd like to buy neat infusers but they are expensive and ultimately pointless.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Alison has this: Image

I'm Alison, btw.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 61

Post by nutella »

That's awesome.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I'm bored. What's everyone up to? Mafia game boards tonight are D-E-D dead.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I'm too shy to make a thread about this,
but if any of you are writers and/or have written any stuff you don't have any use for,
you can send it to my online magazine Nervous Horse
who will almost certainly publish it.

/SPAM :dead horse:

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:I'm too shy to make a thread about this,
but if any of you are writers and/or have written any stuff you don't have any use for,
you can send it to my online magazine Nervous Horse
who will almost certainly publish it.

/SPAM :dead horse:
Sent! (look for something from Alison L.)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “The Speakeasy”