LGBT+ Mafia [END - Mafia Win]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's going to be marching in the pride parade?

Hally
No votes
Mistyx
10%
sabie12
20%
Alison (Dead/Spec)
70%

Total votes: 10
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 415
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Hally »

that’s basically my main concern with sabie too

i just need more. whatever either of you can say or do, just throw it at me
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Mistyx wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:23 pm okay

i touched on it a bit in finale actually (convenient for me that it ended today) but i lost a lot of motivation after cayvie flipped red after me defending them. the feeling that everyone else was right and i was wrong is the fastest way to take the wind out of my sails. it's hitting me a lot harder here than it did there, maybe because i had more reason to care there

since cayvie flipped my thought process has pretty much been something along the lines of "why am i here, everyone else is better than me, other self-deprecating thought" but ignore that i don't think me AtEing is at all helpful here

i guess i've mostly been trying to determine if it's worth just following consensus here and i guess it probably just is

i don't think there's a single non-ran person in the game who doesn't kill ran last night anyway so that doesn't help me at all
i wasn’t able to say it until now since finals just ended but you getting deflated after defending cayvie does remind me a lot of town!you in finals. that isn’t lost on me, and if you’re town im sorry you’re feeling that again :hug:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

the problem is i don’t know if you would also try to be like that as scum since you know you would as town, but maybe not? idk how do you think you would play this game as scum and how is that different from what you’ve done?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sabie you can answer the above question too
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: she/her or they/them

Post by Mistyx »

Hally wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:27 pm the problem is i don’t know if you would also try to be like that as scum since you know you would as town, but maybe not? idk how do you think you would play this game as scum and how is that different from what you’ve done?
i'm not sure if my motivation would be different so i can't really say

i think i'd probably try to like, have a more active foothold in the game after cayvie flipped? or even just stop her from flipping in the first place
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

i went to vote sabie and the site had a panic attack on me

mood, tbh
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Mistyx wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:30 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:27 pm the problem is i don’t know if you would also try to be like that as scum since you know you would as town, but maybe not? idk how do you think you would play this game as scum and how is that different from what you’ve done?
i'm not sure if my motivation would be different so i can't really say

i think i'd probably try to like, have a more active foothold in the game after cayvie flipped? or even just stop her from flipping in the first place
ok. this is kinda what i expected you to say, and i think its maybe accurate? like i know you’re capable enough as a scum player to like... not just mail it in after cayvie goes down, so maybe your lack of investment is actually town indicative for you?
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and call the implied insult unintentional

i mean maybe

i feel like i would probably find tricks to motivate myself doing that

such as not killing hyena
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

oh i didn’t mean it as an insult
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

maybe its just sabie
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

weh
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

weh indeed
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

Hope you weren't expecting a minor setback like death to keep me from recommending things!

Drop-Out, by gray

BIG CONTENT WARNING ON THIS ONE, HEAVY THEMES OF SUICIDE AND DRUG USE

Tonight we also have something a little different, a little less polished, a little rawer. I'll lift a description from Erin Ptah's review:

A comic about two girlfriends who go on a roadtrip.

Bittersweet drama, complete. You have to be in the right frame of mind to read it — girlfriends Lola and Sugar are actively suicidal for most of the story, which follows them on a trip to the Grand Canyon to jump over the edge. But if you’re in the right place, it’s cathartic and amazing, with some of the best writing about ongoing depression I’ve ever seen.

It’s also an anthro comic, with a pixel-y style and handwritten text that can be hard to read, but don’t pre-judge it on any of those things. You’ll miss out.

Both characters are different varieties of intersex, which comes up in their conversations, how the conditions have affected their backstories and interacted with their emotional issues. Lola seems to be comfortably nonbinary, in contrast with Sugar, who’s nominally a woman but talks about struggling with it, in a way you almost never see — characters either have their gender already settled when the story starts, or go through a linear discovery process along the way.

The whole thing is natural, and earnest, and comes in between silly random conversations about the finer points of ninja throwing knives. The author is also a depressed intersex nonbinary person, which shows through in how everything feels deep and well-integrated, not caricatured or pasted-on.

Seriously, it’s great and you should go read it.

This rec comes courtesy of Keldeo. It's not too long, around 120 pages; I read it all tonight and I feel thoroughly emotionally blasted. Some parts of it are very, very personally relatable, and burn a cathartic truth. Some parts are personally adjacent, and warm me with empathy for the friends they remind me of. Other parts are entirely outside my experience, but carry the same burn and warm me with the feeling that I gained a little glimpse, a trace understanding of thingsI knew about but did not know about.

Seriously, it's great and you should go read it if you are in a good state of mind to handle the heavy themes.

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm gay
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

spooky
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:26 am I'm gay
dizzay hiiii
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

also ded gaem

weh
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i really need to hear from sabie
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

if you need more from me just let me know
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Mistyx wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:43 pm if you need more from me just let me know
i also kinda wanna see how you both interact with each other but, well...
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

If I were scum I would have just voted and killed off a random town and made up some random case for it. I also would not have killed the people who townread me. As town I felt random voting and being unsure wasn't the right move. Apparently that's what everyone would have preferred. Unfortunately, due to the 3 day long days and lack of conversation prior to day 3 I was not able to get a vote in that I could feel good about. My day went all sorts of wrong and got all messed up due to a bunch of factors. It's an unfortunate circumstance where I had things planned a certain way and then it didn't work out.

I am calm though because I'm town and even if I played terrible I can take solace in knowing I played an honest game. I do apologize for not being better. I always think my ideas make sense and then I am reminded that they do not. Apparently, I am too focused on mechanics or something? I've tried to throw out ideas and get some discussion going and it is criticized so that makes it difficult to be here on top of my IRL issues.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Mistyx wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:43 pm if you need more from me just let me know
Hey look I'm interacting with mist. Hey mist what do you believe are the chances that hally is the remaining mafia?
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

As scum I also am not big on blatantly defending teammates. I would not have made those posts about cayvie if we were teammates. I can see a world where its hally and a world where its mist.
Did hally bus on purpose to get the vengeful kill or did mist defend cayvie on purpose and randomly vote me to get votes off cayvie?
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

So basically at this point I need to decide which one of you was more likely to have planned fake conversations with cayvie. Both hally and mist had interactions but which one is genuine...
~Darren Shan~
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:54 pm
Hey look I'm interacting with mist. Hey mist what do you believe are the chances that hally is the remaining mafia?
mmm not all that likely

cayvie grouped them in with hyena in a way that i think means they’re the same alignment as hyena
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

plus my vote is on you right now

so
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Well hally wanted us to interact. If hally is the remaining mafia good job on keeping the two people who aren't feeling it this game alive so you can pick us off easier.
~Darren Shan~
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:53 pm
If I were scum I would have just voted and killed off a random town and made up some random case for it. I also would not have killed the people who townread me. As town I felt random voting and being unsure wasn't the right move. Apparently that's what everyone would have preferred. Unfortunately, due to the 3 day long days and lack of conversation prior to day 3 I was not able to get a vote in that I could feel good about. My day went all sorts of wrong and got all messed up due to a bunch of factors. It's an unfortunate circumstance where I had things planned a certain way and then it didn't work out.

I am calm though because I'm town and even if I played terrible I can take solace in knowing I played an honest game. I do apologize for not being better. I always think my ideas make sense and then I am reminded that they do not. Apparently, I am too focused on mechanics or something? I've tried to throw out ideas and get some discussion going and it is criticized so that makes it difficult to be here on top of my IRL issues.
sabie, im sorry you’ve felt that way if you’re town. my intention has never been to shoot you down or dismiss everything you say. but i need to question things because i don’t know your alignment. i cannot accept everything you say at face value just as you, if you’re town, can’t except everything i say. if i don’t understand your ideas or ask you questions or say im suspicious of something you say, its not meant as a personal attack or anything like that. it’s just me trying to figure out what your alignment is
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:06 pm As scum I also am not big on blatantly defending teammates. I would not have made those posts about cayvie if we were teammates. I can see a world where its hally and a world where its mist.
Did hally bus on purpose to get the vengeful kill or did mist defend cayvie on purpose and randomly vote me to get votes off cayvie?
but you didn’t hard defend cayvie. you had some soft defenses mixed with some suspicion. overall i would characterize your stance on cayvie as hedging and reluctant suspicion, not blatant defense. and the former does fit the mold of scum who sees their teammate getting rung up D1

but anyway, lets talk. walk me through the two worlds from your pov. what does the world where mist is scum look like? what things make that likely? what things make it unlikely? and same for me. what things needed to happen for me to be scum? what things make it likely/unlikely?
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Dammit, I appear to have screwed up the poll again somehow - polls here are really finicky. You might have to vote again in the poll - I'll keep that one running indefinitely and just check the numbers at EoD. Sorry!
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

...it's quiet.

too quiet.
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

[mention]sabie12[/mention]

What do you think about me and Hally's posts from today? Who do you think has had a townier D3?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sorry, normally i’d be able to spend tomorrow on this game because it’s my day off but my parents are coming to visit so i’ll be busy the whole day

i still haven’t made up my mind and i really don’t know how to make it clearer to myself. im gonna read over ran’s posts tonight and see if any of her analysis gives me some clarity
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:13 am

sabie, im sorry you’ve felt that way if you’re town. my intention has never been to shoot you down or dismiss everything you say. but i need to question things because i don’t know your alignment. i cannot accept everything you say at face value just as you, if you’re town, can’t except everything i say. if i don’t understand your ideas or ask you questions or say im suspicious of something you say, its not meant as a personal attack or anything like that. it’s just me trying to figure out what your alignment is
Oh I know I'm not upset and wasn't necessarily talking about you specifically. That's why I said I'm calm and it's all good. I get a little snarky sometimes if people get pushy about things when I think I've already explained something but that's just me.

I guess I either have to believe that you and cayvie fabricated a whole entire interaction of no you accusing each other and pleasant conversation about never having played together before or mist and cayvie fabricated an interaction to make us think there was a bus when there wasn't. So perhaps mist and cayvie wanted to plant that seed of doubt that like hmm maybe there was a bus.
~Darren Shan~
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:12 am
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:13 am

Oh I know I'm not upset and wasn't necessarily talking about you specifically. That's why I said I'm calm and it's all good. I get a little snarky sometimes if people get pushy about things when I think I've already explained something but that's just me.

I guess I either have to believe that you and cayvie fabricated a whole entire interaction of no you accusing each other and pleasant conversation about never having played together before or mist and cayvie fabricated an interaction to make us think there was a bus when there wasn't. So perhaps mist and cayvie wanted to plant that seed of doubt that like hmm maybe there was a bus.
what do you think is more likely from your pov?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:20 am
sabie12 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:06 pm As scum I also am not big on blatantly defending teammates. I would not have made those posts about cayvie if we were teammates. I can see a world where its hally and a world where its mist.
but you didn’t hard defend cayvie. you had some soft defenses mixed with some suspicion. overall i would characterize your stance on cayvie as hedging and reluctant suspicion, not blatant defense. and the former does fit the mold of scum who sees their teammate getting rung up D1

but anyway, lets talk. walk me through the two worlds from your pov. what does the world where mist is scum look like? what things make that likely? what things make it unlikely? and same for me. what things needed to happen for me to be scum? what things make it likely/unlikely?
[mention]sabie12[/mention] can you answer the bolded?

also, independent of cayvie interactions, how do you read mist and me?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i just like

don’t know what to do with sabie right now

she keeps popping in making one or two posts saying “i can see you both as scum and i just have to decide who is more likely” but i don’t see her actually like... trying to decide. or like what that looks like in her head. it’s just reiterating that she has to make a choice, but i don’t feel like she’s actively working towards a decision. it feels like she’s largely been treading water for the past several days
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:37 am

@sabie12 can you answer the bolded?

Yes yes I'm working on it. I'm re-reading through things and I mean the most obvious answer is mist.

Mist defends cayvie and randomly votes me with little reasoning. Then starts townreading me. Then goes back to suspecting me. Mist also defends and townreads hally. Mist says cayvies case against hally is legit but also hally is town. Cayvie also townreads mist. Mist also makes it a point to bring up that it doesn't make sense for me to kill off the people who townread me which is true that doesn't make sense. So mist buddying both of us to see which of us to convince to vote off the other.

I guess the main negative against you hally at this point from what I've been reading is the push on MP in the last poll after she accused you.
~Darren Shan~
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:42 am i just like

she keeps popping in making one or two posts saying “i can see you both as scum and i just have to decide who is more likely” but i don’t see her actually like... trying to decide. or like what that looks like in her head. it’s just reiterating that she has to make a choice, but i don’t feel like she’s actively working towards a decision. it feels like she’s largely been treading water for the past several days
spoke too soon
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Honestly I really am trying I'm just not as quick to process things as others. These posts are my way of processing information and trying to provoke discussion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

See like this is being presumptuous that I am not working on making a decision. I come in here and read through things and post my thoughts and work on answering questions and everything and it continues to not be good enough. I am trying and obviously we have all struggled this game to figure everything out. I unfortunately have other things I do in my life besides just this game. We also have 3 full days to make a final decision.
~Darren Shan~
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:49 am

Yes yes I'm working on it. I'm re-reading through things and I mean the most obvious answer is mist.

Mist defends cayvie and randomly votes me with little reasoning. Then starts townreading me. Then goes back to suspecting me. Mist also defends and townreads hally. Mist says cayvies case against hally is legit but also hally is town. Cayvie also townreads mist. Mist also makes it a point to bring up that it doesn't make sense for me to kill off the people who townread me which is true that doesn't make sense. So mist buddying both of us to see which of us to convince to vote off the other.

I guess the main negative against you hally at this point from what I've been reading is the push on MP in the last poll after she accused you.
ok this is better. at least i can kinda see where your head is now

i don’t feel like mist is or was buddying you. i wouldn’t characterize her briefly swinging to tr’ing you buddying, and she hasn’t been shy about pushing you here in lylo. i think if she’s scum she’s already figured her best chance to win is to just hope i vote you as opposed to convincing you to vote me. and likewise i think you’ve already decided if you’re scum that you can only win by convincing me to vote mist. it seems pretty clear to me that whichever of you is the wolf doesn’t view me as a viable push, and that’s kinda making it harder for me to decide here because im not able to see if im being pushed in bad faith by one of you when i’m not really getting pushed

but anyway, that was a tangent. main point was that i don’t think your characterization of what mist is doing is accurate. she’s kept her options open much less than you have. she already has a vote down on you and has shown little to no interest in entertaining me as scum. so i don’t think its true that she’s keeping her options open or buddying both of us?

also re: me and mp, my push on her was really more based on what i wrongly thought were very scummy interactions and progression on cayvie. her push on me was a small part of my sr on her but it was really more what i found in my reread of D1 that made me vote her. you can go back and look at my analysis D2 if you truly have doubts that my push was in good faith
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:04 am

See like this is being presumptuous that I am not working on making a decision. I come in here and read through things and post my thoughts and work on answering questions and everything and it continues to not be good enough. I am trying and obviously we have all struggled this game to figure everything out. I unfortunately have other things I do in my life besides just this game. We also have 3 full days to make a final decision.
yes i spoke too soon

im happy you followed up with more thoughts
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i unfortunately really have to sleep because it’s after 1am but i will make some time tomorrow somehow to check back in here and reread rans stuff so i can decide on a final vote
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Mistyx wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:25 pm
sabie12 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:54 pm
mmm not all that likely

cayvie grouped them in with hyena in a way that i think means they’re the same alignment as hyena
So you believe hally is town because cayvie scumread them and hyena? She townread you so by that logic you must be scum then.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:06 am
sabie12 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:49 am

ok this is better. at least i can kinda see where your head is now

i don’t feel like mist is or was buddying you. i wouldn’t characterize her briefly swinging to tr’ing you buddying, and she hasn’t been shy about pushing you here in lylo. i think if she’s scum she’s already figured her best chance to win is to just hope i vote you as opposed to convincing you to vote me. and likewise i think you’ve already decided if you’re scum that you can only win by convincing me to vote mist. it seems pretty clear to me that whichever of you is the wolf doesn’t view me as a viable push, and that’s kinda making it harder for me to decide here because im not able to see if im being pushed in bad faith by one of you when i’m not really getting pushed

but anyway, that was a tangent. main point was that i don’t think your characterization of what mist is doing is accurate. she’s kept her options open much less than you have. she already has a vote down on you and has shown little to no interest in entertaining me as scum. so i don’t think its true that she’s keeping her options open or buddying both of us?

also re: me and mp, my push on her was really more based on what i wrongly thought were very scummy interactions and progression on cayvie. her push on me was a small part of my sr on her but it was really more what i found in my reread of D1 that made me vote her. you can go back and look at my analysis D2 if you truly have doubts that my push was in good faith
What I meant was that mist had a couple of times said that kill analysis says it's probably not me but now says it must be sabie. Mists reason for townreading you is that cayvie had the same read on you and hyena so you must be the same alignment but cayvie and mist were townreading each other. That doesn't feel legitimate to me but what do I know?
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:11 am i unfortunately really have to sleep because it’s after 1am but i will make some time tomorrow somehow to check back in here and reread rans stuff so i can decide on a final vote
Rans reads kept cycling between the three of us. Ran was also extremely critical of me and my playstyle no matter what I did but they weren't really sure who it is either.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 2]

Post by sabie12 »

sabie12 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:27 am
Ranmilia wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:12 am Ok, thanks.

So to answer MP7 now: my take on Sabie's defensiveness is that it is a good look. Her statements re: her stance on cayvie are true and consistent with frustration at being lumped in as "defending cayvie," which from her perspective is an inaccurate characterization that she is fighting back at being pinned with. I was aware of this at the time I initially put forth that characterization, as a hypothesis test to see how Sabie would respond to it.

I think she responded in a consistent and towny fashion. Currently I believe Sabie the most out of the three non-cayvie-voters, making her the one that I do NOT wish to yeet. There is some chance that she is playing this off to deflect and hedge, but it is exactly what I would expect from town in her spot.

(Additionally I do not buy the argument brought against Sabie by Mist yesterday, regarding confusion over IC claims being "the most suspicious thing in the thread." I find that also believable for town and not very scummy if at all. That argument being weak is another part of why my current suspicious lie on Mist and MP7.)

So there's a hot take for y'all. Bedtime for me now.
The thing about mist is they came in said I was weird for not understanding the IC thing and then drive by voted me and left. Mists post after cayvie was yeeted was "weh". ...? Is that like sadface? After catching a mafia? So mist and cayvie have that interaction regarding the vengeful thing and then cayvie disappeared and mist was left alone and had to randomly try to come up with some other idea of where to vote and just picked me. Could be that I mean it seems like the most obvious answer but we do have time discuss further if that's not what happened.
This still is my thought I guess.

Sorry my cases aren't fancy enough for people or I don't talk enough or whatever. The way I've played this game is not at all how I would play as scum but people don't know that and I can't blame you. Whoever the remaining scum is has to make me seem sketchy for their own purposes and that's the game so I can't be mad about it.

I think the answer is mist and I have to make a decision. [VOTE: mist] aubergine for now. I'll spend more time reading and thinking about it again tomorrow but that's my thoughts. Phone is dying.
~Darren Shan~
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

okay yeah im like

95% sure it’s sabie

she came into today saying she was considering between me and hally so i decided to downplay my consideration of hally to see how she’d react

after i started pushing her she started pushing me much harder and stopped really considering hally because she thought i was always voting her
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

also 1245 is a blatant misrep and she just

ignored what i asked her

Return to “Previous Jobs”