LGBT+ Mafia [END - Mafia Win]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's going to be marching in the pride parade?

Hally
No votes
Mistyx
10%
sabie12
20%
Alison (Dead/Spec)
70%

Total votes: 10
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 3]

Post by sabie12 »

I'm still willing to consider hally I tried to ask you if you were considering her and you said no.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Mistyx wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:40 am also 1245 is a blatant misrep and she just

ignored what i asked her
I don't know how to answer you. Day three has not given much info for me to town or scum read either of you. What else do you want me to say at this point?
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 415
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:14 am
Mistyx wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:25 pm
sabie12 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:54 pm
Mistyx wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:43 pm if you need more from me just let me know
Hey look I'm interacting with mist. Hey mist what do you believe are the chances that hally is the remaining mafia?
mmm not all that likely

cayvie grouped them in with hyena in a way that i think means they’re the same alignment as hyena
So you believe hally is town because cayvie scumread them and hyena? She townread you so by that logic you must be scum then.
what? that’s not what she was saying
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:37 am
Hally wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:06 am
sabie12 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:49 am
Hally wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:37 am
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:20 am
sabie12 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:06 pm As scum I also am not big on blatantly defending teammates. I would not have made those posts about cayvie if we were teammates. I can see a world where its hally and a world where its mist.
Did hally bus on purpose to get the vengeful kill or did mist defend cayvie on purpose and randomly vote me to get votes off cayvie?
but you didn’t hard defend cayvie. you had some soft defenses mixed with some suspicion. overall i would characterize your stance on cayvie as hedging and reluctant suspicion, not blatant defense. and the former does fit the mold of scum who sees their teammate getting rung up D1

but anyway, lets talk. walk me through the two worlds from your pov. what does the world where mist is scum look like? what things make that likely? what things make it unlikely? and same for me. what things needed to happen for me to be scum? what things make it likely/unlikely?
@sabie12 can you answer the bolded?

also, independent of cayvie interactions, how do you read mist and me?
Yes yes I'm working on it. I'm re-reading through things and I mean the most obvious answer is mist.

Mist defends cayvie and randomly votes me with little reasoning. Then starts townreading me. Then goes back to suspecting me. Mist also defends and townreads hally. Mist says cayvies case against hally is legit but also hally is town. Cayvie also townreads mist. Mist also makes it a point to bring up that it doesn't make sense for me to kill off the people who townread me which is true that doesn't make sense. So mist buddying both of us to see which of us to convince to vote off the other.

I guess the main negative against you hally at this point from what I've been reading is the push on MP in the last poll after she accused you.
ok this is better. at least i can kinda see where your head is now

i don’t feel like mist is or was buddying you. i wouldn’t characterize her briefly swinging to tr’ing you buddying, and she hasn’t been shy about pushing you here in lylo. i think if she’s scum she’s already figured her best chance to win is to just hope i vote you as opposed to convincing you to vote me. and likewise i think you’ve already decided if you’re scum that you can only win by convincing me to vote mist. it seems pretty clear to me that whichever of you is the wolf doesn’t view me as a viable push, and that’s kinda making it harder for me to decide here because im not able to see if im being pushed in bad faith by one of you when i’m not really getting pushed

but anyway, that was a tangent. main point was that i don’t think your characterization of what mist is doing is accurate. she’s kept her options open much less than you have. she already has a vote down on you and has shown little to no interest in entertaining me as scum. so i don’t think its true that she’s keeping her options open or buddying both of us?

also re: me and mp, my push on her was really more based on what i wrongly thought were very scummy interactions and progression on cayvie. her push on me was a small part of my sr on her but it was really more what i found in my reread of D1 that made me vote her. you can go back and look at my analysis D2 if you truly have doubts that my push was in good faith
What I meant was that mist had a couple of times said that kill analysis says it's probably not me but now says it must be sabie. Mists reason for townreading you is that cayvie had the same read on you and hyena so you must be the same alignment but cayvie and mist were townreading each other. That doesn't feel legitimate to me but what do I know?
i thought mist was saying that the way cayvie lumped me in with hyena was indicative of us being the same alignment, so since hyena was town im town too. and cayvie was trying to benefit from us sr’ing each other early by reinforcing it and sr’ing us too

but mist can clarify if im getting it wrong
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:08 am
sabie12 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:27 am
Ranmilia wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:12 am Ok, thanks.

So to answer MP7 now: my take on Sabie's defensiveness is that it is a good look. Her statements re: her stance on cayvie are true and consistent with frustration at being lumped in as "defending cayvie," which from her perspective is an inaccurate characterization that she is fighting back at being pinned with. I was aware of this at the time I initially put forth that characterization, as a hypothesis test to see how Sabie would respond to it.

I think she responded in a consistent and towny fashion. Currently I believe Sabie the most out of the three non-cayvie-voters, making her the one that I do NOT wish to yeet. There is some chance that she is playing this off to deflect and hedge, but it is exactly what I would expect from town in her spot.

(Additionally I do not buy the argument brought against Sabie by Mist yesterday, regarding confusion over IC claims being "the most suspicious thing in the thread." I find that also believable for town and not very scummy if at all. That argument being weak is another part of why my current suspicious lie on Mist and MP7.)

So there's a hot take for y'all. Bedtime for me now.
The thing about mist is they came in said I was weird for not understanding the IC thing and then drive by voted me and left. Mists post after cayvie was yeeted was "weh". ...? Is that like sadface? After catching a mafia? So mist and cayvie have that interaction regarding the vengeful thing and then cayvie disappeared and mist was left alone and had to randomly try to come up with some other idea of where to vote and just picked me. Could be that I mean it seems like the most obvious answer but we do have time discuss further if that's not what happened.
This still is my thought I guess.

Sorry my cases aren't fancy enough for people or I don't talk enough or whatever. The way I've played this game is not at all how I would play as scum but people don't know that and I can't blame you. Whoever the remaining scum is has to make me seem sketchy for their own purposes and that's the game so I can't be mad about it.

I think the answer is mist and I have to make a decision. [VOTE: mist] aubergine for now. I'll spend more time reading and thinking about it again tomorrow but that's my thoughts. Phone is dying.
what made you vote mist here? i feel like you just did it because i was saying you were treading water/didn’t seem to want to make a decision

like why did you vote her at this point in time? and how confident are you in your vote?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Mistyx wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:39 am okay yeah im like

95% sure it’s sabie

she came into today saying she was considering between me and hally so i decided to downplay my consideration of hally to see how she’d react

after i started pushing her she started pushing me much harder and stopped really considering hally because she thought i was always voting her
i’m getting that sense too. feels like she’s taken a hard turn to pushing on you more out of necessity as opposed to a natural progression
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:52 pm I'm still willing to consider hally I tried to ask you if you were considering her and you said no.
are you willing to consider me though? because in your other post you seemed to be kinda dismissive of the possibility im scum. like you had one line about me saying that the main thing against me is my mp push but it doesn’t seem like you really are considering me? which is kinda weird because you sr me earlier in the game

like, how sure would you say you are that it’s mist? what’s the split? like 70/30? or what?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

also if you are legitimately considering im mafia, do you have anything you wanna ask me? or talk to mist about? because you’ve talked a lot about mist but not about me. and it does kinda feel like that’s because you thought mist was locked in on you and you wouldn’t be able to convince her to vote me anyway
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Here's the thing though I'm not trying to convince anyone to vote a certain way. I'm trying to find who the remaining mafia is. There is only one person here who legit knows what going on and it isn't me. Mist doesn't seem to me to be trying to figure anything out. I try to interact and the response is sabie scummy for this so there. I'm trying to consider both options but mist has given nothing to suggest thinking hally is scum but I'm scummy for not considering her enough. Ahhhhhh. I was hoping maybe mist would further explain that but then nothing. So I don't know the answer I don't have a specific percentage of anything. I apologize to town for sucking and potentially jot helping win but like I give up I'm voting mist that's what I think if I'm wrong I'm very sorry for messing up.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 2]

Post by sabie12 »

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:34 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:08 am
sabie12 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:27 am
Ranmilia wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:12 am Ok, thanks.

So to answer MP7 now: my take on Sabie's defensiveness is that it is a good look. Her statements re: her stance on cayvie are true and consistent with frustration at being lumped in as "defending cayvie," which from her perspective is an inaccurate characterization that she is fighting back at being pinned with. I was aware of this at the time I initially put forth that characterization, as a hypothesis test to see how Sabie would respond to it.

I think she responded in a consistent and towny fashion. Currently I believe Sabie the most out of the three non-cayvie-voters, making her the one that I do NOT wish to yeet. There is some chance that she is playing this off to deflect and hedge, but it is exactly what I would expect from town in her spot.

(Additionally I do not buy the argument brought against Sabie by Mist yesterday, regarding confusion over IC claims being "the most suspicious thing in the thread." I find that also believable for town and not very scummy if at all. That argument being weak is another part of why my current suspicious lie on Mist and MP7.)

So there's a hot take for y'all. Bedtime for me now.
The thing about mist is they came in said I was weird for not understanding the IC thing and then drive by voted me and left. Mists post after cayvie was yeeted was "weh". ...? Is that like sadface? After catching a mafia? So mist and cayvie have that interaction regarding the vengeful thing and then cayvie disappeared and mist was left alone and had to randomly try to come up with some other idea of where to vote and just picked me. Could be that I mean it seems like the most obvious answer but we do have time discuss further if that's not what happened.
This still is my thought I guess.

Sorry my cases aren't fancy enough for people or I don't talk enough or whatever. The way I've played this game is not at all how I would play as scum but people don't know that and I can't blame you. Whoever the remaining scum is has to make me seem sketchy for their own purposes and that's the game so I can't be mad about it.

I think the answer is mist and I have to make a decision. [VOTE: mist] aubergine for now. I'll spend more time reading and thinking about it again tomorrow but that's my thoughts. Phone is dying.
what made you vote mist here? i feel like you just did it because i was saying you were treading water/didn’t seem to want to make a decision

like why did you vote her at this point in time? and how confident are you in your vote?
I've already explained why I voted mist and then you still ask why did I vote mist. I was willing to consider you as an option if mist had any further ideas but they continue to mot have any so I don't know.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Sorry hally if I used the incorrect pronoun in my post.
~Darren Shan~
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

aaaaaaaahhh

i don’t know who to vote still
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

why am i the one who has to decide this
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

im leaning sabie but i also want [mention]Mistyx[/mention] to explain her concerns with me that she said she was avoiding saying
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

im looking over rans stuff again and like, she does settle on it being mist for a bit but then moves off of it and seems to be at 50/50 between them by the time she died

idk i feel like sabie has approached this f3 the way id expect of a wolf in her position but like, mist hasn’t exactly been blinding in her towniness especially if i don’t take her “i was testing sabie” at face value

why is this game so hard
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i wish ran had just told me who to vote so i could sheep her and then not feel bad
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

why is nobody here

are you guys just watching me struggle
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

rng says vote mist but now my gut says sabie >_>
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

[VOTE: sabie] aubergine

just gonna listen to my gut. sorry if i wrong. idk what more i could do
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

please be correct
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

the tension if this moment is significantly less with no one else here
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

like i could just claim mafia right now and nobody can do anything
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

:grin:
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

The day has ended, and so has the game. Town has lost. Hally was the Mafia Goon.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

TSP was the Vigilante; Ranmilia was the Innocent Child.

https://discord.gg/4smdcW

Spec chat here.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sorry town

i felt really bad doing this. was actually considering conceding because of how upset everyone was getting over the game, but i thought me giving up the game would just make ppl feel worse so i decided to play it out
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i hope no one is too upset about this. it was a hard game and town didn’t play badly at all. was hard to get there on me because of how i bussed cayvie
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [END - Mafia Win]

Post by Hally »

weh
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

great job mp for nailing me with a correct case d2. and sabie as well for scum reading me early on

nobody really played badly. setup was hard. low activity didn’t help. just a hard game. probably scum sided tbh
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

thank you alison for hosting! this was an awesome concept

and everyone was lovely to play with :heart:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

GGs
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:59 pm like i could just claim mafia right now and nobody can do anything
😂😂😂
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Scum chat link?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison

Post by Alison »

The number of replacements and inactive players was just really difficult for town. I thought that with less players it would be fine because it wouldn't drag on and make people lose interest but I guess that didn't occur.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:41 pm The number of replacements and inactive players was just really difficult for town. I thought that with less players it would be fine because it wouldn't drag on and make people lose interest but I guess that didn't occur.
72 hrs might have made the urgency less but i’m not sure because some people were so busy that they probably wouldn’t have been able to play had the phases been shorter
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: she/her or they/them

Post by Mistyx »

tbh there were

quite a few things factoring into my lack of investment

gg
Alison

Post by Alison »

I do think that like, this game's schedule was announced pretty far in advance, so I'm not sure why half the game suddenly got busy or had unexpected stuff on their schedule.
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

GG! Why was I vengekilled? ;-;
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:04 am GG! Why was I vengekilled? ;-;
because i couldn’t vengekill myself and you seemed like a good choice :p you were on cayvie, sr by her and pretty widely tr so i thought it was a kill i could get away with. was honestly expecting people to be more sus of the fact that i wasn’t vengekilled despite being the main one pushing cayvie
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Congrats to Hally, you earned it absolutely.

I don't feel at all happy with my performance this game and I don't really want to talk about it. I wish I could have better communicated some of my thoughts and I consistently felt like I couldn't work with anyone but I take the burden of that and I never felt like I could settle into anything. I am not emotionally in a good enough place to be playing mafia apparently, despite the fact that it's served a solid place in my life even in many times where I have been in a similar state. I'm sorry for my part in making anything uncomfortable for anyone.

I still appreciate Alison for hosting and to fellow players for giving this a try. I think the 72-hour cycles were an original appeal of the game because I thought I certainly couldn't play anything else and I don't think anything went wrong per se.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:26 am Congrats to Hally, you earned it absolutely.

I don't feel at all happy with my performance this game and I don't really want to talk about it. I wish I could have better communicated some of my thoughts and I consistently felt like I couldn't work with anyone but I take the burden of that and I never felt like I could settle into anything. I am not emotionally in a good enough place to be playing mafia apparently, despite the fact that it's served a solid place in my life even in many times where I have been in a similar state. I'm sorry for my part in making anything uncomfortable for anyone.

I still appreciate Alison for hosting and to fellow players for giving this a try. I think the 72-hour cycles were an original appeal of the game because I thought I certainly couldn't play anything else and I don't think anything went wrong per se.
gg, i really enjoyed playing with you :hug:
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: she/her or they/them

Post by Mistyx »

can we go back to the part of the game where there wasn't actually a game and we just talked about pokemon

i liked that part
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

GG. Well played Hally.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Mistyx wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:30 am can we go back to the part of the game where there wasn't actually a game and we just talked about pokemon

i liked that part
me too
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Ranmilia wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:34 am GG. Well played Hally.
ty :hug:
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

At least I was right day 1 haha. Oh well sorry i just had a lot of other stuff going on not related to the game that prevented me from being here as much as I wanted to.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:10 pm i hope no one is too upset about this. it was a hard game and town didn’t play badly at all. was hard to get there on me because of how i bussed cayvie
Nah it's okay I just got frustrated that I kept trying to bring up the possibility the bus was planned and no one would listen to me about it.

And I had planned on being able to be here for the end of day 2 Wednesday and then that day fell apart for a number of random reasons so that worked against me.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

I am glad I got a chance to play with all of you though! I was so happy to see an LGBT+ game on here. Thank you Alison for running and everyone for playing. Even if I got a little frustrated about things at times that's just the nature of the game and I very much appreciate playing with all of you and hope to see you in another game again!
~Darren Shan~
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:52 pm At least I was right day 1 haha. Oh well sorry i just had a lot of other stuff going on not related to the game that prevented me from being here as much as I wanted to.
you were really on point! i got scared when you said me and cayvie were your two sr’s

Return to “Previous Jobs”