Our Syndicate family has lost a dear friend.

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Our Syndicate family has lost a dear friend.

Post by boo »

I don't really have words. I hope TH's immediate family gets through this grief together, just like I know our mafia family will.

You'll be missed TH.
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Spacedaisy »

It’s been a few days. I’ve had time to think, so much time, thanks to the weather. And I still feel like I can’t find any words that are enough. But I’m going to try.

The first game of online mafia I ever played was with Turnip Head. It was The Office mafia on Lostpedia and it was their first game as well. I’ve literally never known this community without them. My mafia life has always been graced with their humor, their joy, their compassion and understanding.

Back in the day, we used to call the best wolf players FEBs. Translation: Fucking Evil Bitch/Bastard. It was always meant as a compliment. An FEB was someone who could use strategy like no one else. Back in one of the Lostpedia games (Storybook maybe? Or something like that), Turnip Head was the Big Bad Wolf. The role was a serial killer. They were under scrutiny and so they self targeted because they had seen it was written in the post when their role night killed someone. It didn’t save them, but I will never forget it because it was in that moment that Turnip Head was cemented forever in my mind as an FEB. It was one of the first epic plays I witnessed. They have always had my respect and admiration as a player. We started at the same time, but they were always a much more skilled player than I have been.

For a time, Turnip Head served as an admin. The core ideal of this community for MP and I from Day 1 had always been that the people, the relationships, are more important than the game. So we knew we needed someone who would bring fair judgement, kindness, and a love of people to the role. And in all honesty, Turnip Head was an easy choice for us. There is no one who can bring calm to conflict like Turnip Head could. And I feel so glad to have been in that admin team with them.

There are a lot of friends in my life over the years that were always there, a constant. People that I think I never expected to not have their presence. Turnip Head was one of those. There were moments when we would talk a lot, and moments when we barely talked to each other at all because one or both of us were busy with life. But whenever you came back around and talked, it was like no time had passed. The friendship is constant. And it is hard to wrap my brain around the fact that their presence is gone, that they won’t be in the discord to chat tomorrow. It is heartbreaking to realize what the world has lost, what we have lost.

Permit me to use a cheesy mafia analogy when I say that now they’ve left the game for the spec chat. Seriously, they left this world better than when they found it. They gave us an amazing example of love and acceptance to live up to. I think they made this community better, and I hope we can honor them well.

I’ll leave you with a quote from Turnip Head from their time in the Interrogation Room.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:55 pm A meaningful life for me means that someone will remember me for the life I've lived. Hopefully I can make an impact on the people in my life and influence them to become better versions of themselves.
You truly lived a meaningful life, Turnip Head.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

really touching ❤️
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:54 pm And it is hard to wrap my brain around the fact that their presence is gone, that they won’t be in the discord to chat tomorrow. It is heartbreaking to realize what the world has lost, what we have lost.
+1
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Michelle
Made Man
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Every time I think of TH my heart is saddened at the thought that one of the beautiful people I met playing this game is no longer among us. And my mind flies from our circle of players here to TH's parents and family, and I'm sure no one will forget him.
I realized that this game created here real feelings of love and friendship, I am glad I have the possibility be a part of this community, and I understand now that one of the creators of this environment is TH.
Thank you TH :heart:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

This is just devastating news. TH was one of the best, and I hoped to meet him the next time I got to LA. So saddened to hear.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 4

Post by S~V~S »

S-Daisy said:
Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:54 pm It’s been a few days. I’ve had time to think, so much time, thanks to the weather. And I still feel like I can’t find any words that are enough. But I’m going to try.

The first game of online mafia I ever played was with Turnip Head. It was The Office mafia on Lostpedia and it was their first game as well. I’ve literally never known this community without them. My mafia life has always been graced with their humor, their joy, their compassion and understanding.

Back in the day, we used to call the best wolf players FEBs. Translation: Fucking Evil Bitch/Bastard. It was always meant as a compliment. An FEB was someone who could use strategy like no one else. Back in one of the Lostpedia games (Storybook maybe? Or something like that), Turnip Head was the Big Bad Wolf. The role was a serial killer. They were under scrutiny and so they self targeted because they had seen it was written in the post when their role night killed someone. It didn’t save them, but I will never forget it because it was in that moment that Turnip Head was cemented forever in my mind as an FEB. It was one of the first epic plays I witnessed. They have always had my respect and admiration as a player. We started at the same time, but they were always a much more skilled player than I have been.

For a time, Turnip Head served as an admin. The core ideal of this community for MP and I from Day 1 had always been that the people, the relationships, are more important than the game. So we knew we needed someone who would bring fair judgement, kindness, and a love of people to the role. And in all honesty, Turnip Head was an easy choice for us. There is no one who can bring calm to conflict like Turnip Head could. And I feel so glad to have been in that admin team with them.

There are a lot of friends in my life over the years that were always there, a constant. People that I think I never expected to not have their presence. Turnip Head was one of those. There were moments when we would talk a lot, and moments when we barely talked to each other at all because one or both of us were busy with life. But whenever you came back around and talked, it was like no time had passed. The friendship is constant. And it is hard to wrap my brain around the fact that their presence is gone, that they won’t be in the discord to chat tomorrow. It is heartbreaking to realize what the world has lost, what we have lost.

Permit me to use a cheesy mafia analogy when I say that now they’ve left the game for the spec chat. Seriously, they left this world better than when they found it. They gave us an amazing example of love and acceptance to live up to. I think they made this community better, and I hope we can honor them well.

I’ll leave you with a quote from Turnip Head from their time in the Interrogation Room.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:55 pm A meaningful life for me means that someone will remember me for the life I've lived. Hopefully I can make an impact on the people in my life and influence them to become better versions of themselves.
You truly lived a meaningful life, Turnip Head.
I remember that Fairy Tale game so well, it was the first game that was "magical" for me, my first civvie win. THs game play there was so emblematic of them, they were so gracious and set such a sterling example of good sportmanship.

I too loved being on the Admin team with them, TH was always a voice of reason and calm, and I was an ear who often needed to hear that voice. TH was so much younger than I, but often gave me wise counsel. Co Hosting that one Champs game with them was such fun, and it helped me to learn temperance a bit, when it came to hosting I always had eyes a bit too big for my stomach, as the idiom goes. While I'm so, so sad they're gone, I am grateful to have known them.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

The Syndicate team has been talking about how we can best honor Turnip Head. It is important to us to do something tangible, to make a difference in some way. If we can make a difference in someone else’s life in memory of them, that seems like the best way we can pay tribute to our friend.

To that end, we did some research into some organizations. Particularly ones which support the LBGTQ community. In the end we settled on The Trevor Project. Feel free to check out that link to see what they are all about.

We would love to encourage anyone who might wish to do something in memory of Turnip Head to donate to The Trevor Project. Or if you have another organization that is important to you, donate to them, by all means. I can’t think of anything more meaningful right now than donations coming in marked in honor of them, and making a difference in the life of someone else who needs it.

Click here to donate to The Trevor Project.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
FriedFrogurt

Post by FriedFrogurt »

Um shit really sorry to hear about Turnip :(

Maybe some of ya'll remember me from Lostpedia and some related Mafia forums. I certainly fondly remember some of you :)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

FriedFrogurt wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:01 amMaybe some of ya'll remember me from Lostpedia and some related Mafia forums. I certainly fondly remember some of you :)
Of course, my dude. Don't EVER think otherwise. :hugs:
FriedFrogurt

Post by FriedFrogurt »

Long Con wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:07 am
FriedFrogurt wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:01 amMaybe some of ya'll remember me from Lostpedia and some related Mafia forums. I certainly fondly remember some of you :)
LC!! So good to see you! It's been a lifetime and a half. How are you?

And is the LP forum really gone for good? Would have loved to peruse some classic threads. I'm still in the Facebook group, that's how I heard about Turnip
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

FriedFrogurt wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:12 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:07 am
LC!! So good to see you! It's been a lifetime and a half. How are you?

And is the LP forum really gone for good? Would have loved to peruse some classic threads. I'm still in the Facebook group, that's how I heard about Turnip
it's still accessible but you have to click through the security warning. https://forum.lpedia.com/
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
FriedFrogurt

Post by FriedFrogurt »

Oh nice ty nutella! Um were you on Lostpedia back in the day or?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah you knew me as LA there
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
FriedFrogurt

Post by FriedFrogurt »

Um wow yeah!! What was your full username tho? I have such shit memory

I'm looking at the list of top posters now and it's bringing back so many good memories
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

lostaddict12 (I cringe at that username now i was just a child hahaha)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

FriedFrogurt wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:01 am Um shit really sorry to hear about Turnip :(

Maybe some of ya'll remember me from Lostpedia and some related Mafia forums. I certainly fondly remember some of you :)
Oh my word! It’s so good to see you!! :hug:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
FriedFrogurt

Post by FriedFrogurt »

nutella wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:55 am lostaddict12 (I cringe at that username now i was just a child hahaha)
Ahhhh yess hi LA! It's not that cringy lol. I remember I chose Fried Frogurt because I signed up for LP right after the episode when Frogurt got killed by the flaming arrows lol
Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:04 pm
FriedFrogurt wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:01 am Um shit really sorry to hear about Turnip :(

Oh my word! It’s so good to see you!! :hug:
Hiii spacedaisy!! :hug:

How are you guys?

I never got super into Mafia outside of LP, though I did play a few games on another forum or two (apparently not this one tho). Funny how Among Us is basically a simplified version of Mafia. Whomever came up with Among Us is a frickin genius
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm doing alright. The site has grown quite a bit, lol. We've managed to establish ourselves as a pretty strong community both for mafia and for the way we treat each other with respect. Both of these make me very happy. Sometimes we play Among Us, we tend to organize it through discord. If you use discord you should stop by over there, it's a fantastic place to connect. Like even if you don't have time to play mafia, it's a nice way to connect with people and maybe play one off quick games, like video mafia on Saturdays, popcorn and turbo mafia games crop up there, and we also organize otehr games there too. It's been a really positive thing for us I think.

How are you?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
FriedFrogurt

Post by FriedFrogurt »

Oh heck yeah, I got big into discord last year for Animal Crossing.

I'm doing OK!
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

May you rest in peace, TH. You will be missed.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

god, anything i want to say about this doesn't feel like enough. my best wishes to not only TH's family but any of us who knew them intimately and are still in grief.

rest in peace.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I’ve been away for too long but after checking in, holy hell am I upset at this. RIP TH. Nothing but respect and gratitude to an awesome person in the community over my years playing here. I have donated to the Trevor project before, but will do so again
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:39 am I’ve been away for too long but after checking in, holy hell am I upset at this. RIP TH. Nothing but respect and gratitude to an awesome person in the community over my years playing here. I have donated to the Trevor project before, but will do so again
It is excellent to see you, even if the circumstances are less than ideal.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:59 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:39 am I’ve been away for too long but after checking in, holy hell am I upset at this. RIP TH. Nothing but respect and gratitude to an awesome person in the community over my years playing here. I have donated to the Trevor project before, but will do so again
It is excellent to see you, even if the circumstances are less than ideal.
Thanks my man- if anything it’s a great testament to the sense of community that someone like TH brought to the site. Glad to see it’s still going strong with new and familiar faces!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Terrible, terrible news. I hope I'm not adding to anybody's grief by bumping this, but I haven't been around in a while and only now have seen this thread.

Turbup (as I called them once while playing Mafia drunk on a friends' couch at 2 in the morning) was one of my favorites on this site and I was always excited to see them around. I know next to nothing about them as a person, but I loved reading their posts, jokes, everything, even when Turbup was playing me like a fiddle, which happened often, in part because I liked Turbup so much. It's hard for me to articulate why but I echo what Enrique said about their "vibe" — Turbup, to me, radiated playfulness and a certain kindness that is just rare, on the internet or in general. I've been posting on forums for well over half my life at this point and I can honestly say I've never met someone that gave me that feeling like they did.

Reading this thread, I'm struck by a few thoughts ... I wish I had been able to know Turbup as well as many of you, or at least a little better. I hope their family knows how beloved they are and will be. I wish I had talked to them more recently, had told them in plain words how much I appreciated being in their orbit the last couple years. Most of all, I'm struck by how much it hurts. I only knew Turbup through some words on a screen and yet I feel a great loss right now. I hope TH knew how much we loved them, somehow. I hope everyone else here knows how loved you all are, too.

These words are inadequate and I'm sorry I don't have any better ones, TH, but I won't forget you and I will try to be every bit as kind and wonderful as you. See you later.
Askthepizzaguy
Preferred Pronouns: Him
Aka: Pizza

Post by Askthepizzaguy »

Feel free to unbump or delete this post if you feel the thread is too old to bump. I'm new on this site so I don't know what the cutoff is yet.

I only had the pleasure of playing with Turnip Head once, in the Season 2 championship qualifier, game 3. (link)

Mr. Turnip Head deftly avoided my suspicion for most of the time I was alive. I can only claim to have been just enough of an annoyance to Turnip and coolkid to be targeted for a murder ahead of the actual cop, because I was the only claimed cop and I had accurate peeks, but I was a vanilla townie. However, I was far off from finding either of coolkid or Turnip Head. When I died, it spewed Yates and Adaham town (my fake peek villagers) and TehBankertin was already pretty spewed town from our interactions on day 3. That lead to a final 3 where Turnip Head faced off against Yates who was somewhat mechanically clear from my posts and me dying from a cop hunt, and Banks was pretty clear from Day Three (no one in the game really believed he was peeked guilty, and he realized that, and erupted with glee.) So you would think it would have been a pretty trivial final 3, but paranoia got the best of them, and Turnip Head didn't collect a single vote until the final moments of play. Turnip was just that good, he was a total smokescreen.

Yates and Banks sussed each other hard, and came close to voting each other several times. It was a nail biter. Had Turnip Head prevailed there, I could see him picking up enough votes to advance to the finals for his team. Unlucky for Turnip Head, he was on a team with the legendary coolkid, who became the season 2 champion after advancing to the finals. No one was outshining coolkid that year.

I never saw Turnip Head again after that.

However, I can say that I will always remember him, as he was in The Game. The one game I will always remember. After drawing the night kill from Turnip and coolkid's team, I ended up in dead spectator chat. It just so happens, in that chat at the moment of my death, was a new player named Sooh. We got to talking, and later, I moved from the USA to Norway to marry her. In 2019, in December, we had our first child, Jakob. And today, the 4th of September, 2021, we had our second child, Julie.

This post isn't about me, I just wanted to make it clear: Turnip Head touched a lot of lives. It is quite possible that without Turnip Head's influence on that particular game, I would not be in Norway, I never would have married (I'm getting older), and there would be no Jakob and no Julie.

As a game, mafia is pretty interesting, but it ultimately is a guessing game with a voting mechanic and a need to be able to pretend to be something you are not. The only reason I stuck with it so long despite having other hobbies is the community, the friends you meet along the way, the relationships you build out of that.

I missed out on my chance to know Turnip Head, but the rest of you did not. And I just wanted to add another voice to the choir, even if I am sitting in the very back row. I want you to know, Turnip Head dramatically changed my life in a way. He touched more lives than he can possibly know.

I know you can't see this message, but I will say it anyway. You will never be forgotten, sir.

-Askthepizzaguy
Know the power of the dark side....
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I appreciate your words, pizza. Season 2 was a big deal for many of us who took part in it, and observing Turnip Head in your Game 3 (immediately after my Game 2) was one of the premier reasons I ended up migrating to this website in the first place.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Askthepizzaguy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:58 pm Feel free to unbump or delete this post if you feel the thread is too old to bump. I'm new on this site so I don't know what the cutoff is yet.

I only had the pleasure of playing with Turnip Head once, in the Season 2 championship qualifier, game 3. (link)

Mr. Turnip Head deftly avoided my suspicion for most of the time I was alive. I can only claim to have been just enough of an annoyance to Turnip and coolkid to be targeted for a murder ahead of the actual cop, because I was the only claimed cop and I had accurate peeks, but I was a vanilla townie. However, I was far off from finding either of coolkid or Turnip Head. When I died, it spewed Yates and Adaham town (my fake peek villagers) and TehBankertin was already pretty spewed town from our interactions on day 3. That lead to a final 3 where Turnip Head faced off against Yates who was somewhat mechanically clear from my posts and me dying from a cop hunt, and Banks was pretty clear from Day Three (no one in the game really believed he was peeked guilty, and he realized that, and erupted with glee.) So you would think it would have been a pretty trivial final 3, but paranoia got the best of them, and Turnip Head didn't collect a single vote until the final moments of play. Turnip was just that good, he was a total smokescreen.

Yates and Banks sussed each other hard, and came close to voting each other several times. It was a nail biter. Had Turnip Head prevailed there, I could see him picking up enough votes to advance to the finals for his team. Unlucky for Turnip Head, he was on a team with the legendary coolkid, who became the season 2 champion after advancing to the finals. No one was outshining coolkid that year.

I never saw Turnip Head again after that.

However, I can say that I will always remember him, as he was in The Game. The one game I will always remember. After drawing the night kill from Turnip and coolkid's team, I ended up in dead spectator chat. It just so happens, in that chat at the moment of my death, was a new player named Sooh. We got to talking, and later, I moved from the USA to Norway to marry her. In 2019, in December, we had our first child, Jakob. And today, the 4th of September, 2021, we had our second child, Julie.

This post isn't about me, I just wanted to make it clear: Turnip Head touched a lot of lives. It is quite possible that without Turnip Head's influence on that particular game, I would not be in Norway, I never would have married (I'm getting older), and there would be no Jakob and no Julie.

As a game, mafia is pretty interesting, but it ultimately is a guessing game with a voting mechanic and a need to be able to pretend to be something you are not. The only reason I stuck with it so long despite having other hobbies is the community, the friends you meet along the way, the relationships you build out of that.

I missed out on my chance to know Turnip Head, but the rest of you did not. And I just wanted to add another voice to the choir, even if I am sitting in the very back row. I want you to know, Turnip Head dramatically changed my life in a way. He touched more lives than he can possibly know.

I know you can't see this message, but I will say it anyway. You will never be forgotten, sir.

-Askthepizzaguy

Thanks for sharing the story pizzaguy! That's such a wild and amazing anecdote. It's actually kind of mind-boggling how many connections have formed like that from our little mafia site. Turnip's role may be somewhat incidental, but it is your experience and your life that it had a huge impact on, and I'm happy to hear Turnip got to play a role in that. :)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Love it. If they had chosen a different nightkill, you might not have gone down that path...
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Also, on second read (to show my wife, Black Rock), I realized that Julie was JUST BORN! Congrats, awesome stuff, thanks again for sharing!
Askthepizzaguy

Post by Askthepizzaguy »

Long Con wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:48 pm Love it. If they had chosen a different nightkill, you might not have gone down that path...
Correct.
Sooh was only there to spectate Yates, from dragonmount, was brand new and otherwise wouldn't have had much interest in the game. Had they killed Yates instead, for example, we probably never would have met at all. Because then Sooh wouldn't have had much need to be spectating the rest of the game. Or if it was a different night and she wasn't logged in, we could have missed each other. Basically, the timing on that was a very narrow window. I never would have ended up visiting Dragonmount otherwise, and Sooh wouldn't have really had reason to visit me on my sites either. Just strangers passing in traffic, were it not for that specific set of circumstances. The night after I executed Mr. Capps, the wolves did not decide to kill me. They still were cop hunting and didn't believe it was me, yet. They could have hit me then, and then I would have had one less villager "peek", and who knows, we might have missed each other.
So much can change. Life is turbulent, and we are just leaves blowing in the wind. We make choices, but we really can't predict where we will end up, or what choices life has for us. All we can really do is try to make a difference with the time we have. True in mafia games, true in life.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Now I’m gonna be all paranoid about when I nightkill single people.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:00 pm Now I’m gonna be all paranoid about when I nightkill single people.

Plz nightkill me N1 every game :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Askthepizzaguy

Post by Askthepizzaguy »

Well there has to be a dead/spectator chat full of people you've never met, ofc.

;)

Just relax and make the best move for your team. Ignore the life altering potential consequences... ah, but it is in your brain now, and you can't unthink it!
aapje
Stool Pigeon

Post by aapje »

Such awful news. I was clearing out old emails today and my eye fell on an unread notification of a pm about this thread. I guess it is fitting that today would have been their birthday.
I haven't visited these forums in about 5 years but I still remember TH fondly.
We had great fun in Buffy, one of my first games on the piano way back where we had BTSC. I also remember hosting a game with them.
I will remember his great sense of humor and his writing ability.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

aapje wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:38 pm Such awful news. I was clearing out old emails today and my eye fell on an unread notification of a pm about this thread. I guess it is fitting that today would have been their birthday.
We had great fun in Buffy, one of my first games on the piano way back where we had BTSC. I also remember hosting a game with them.
<3
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

aapje wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:38 pm Such awful news. I was clearing out old emails today and my eye fell on an unread notification of a pm about this thread. I guess it is fitting that today would have been their birthday.
aapje so nice of you to stop in and remember TH. He was one of the originals from back in the day. We miss him so much.

I hope life is treating you well, I have thought about you often through the years. So much fun so long ago. You probably won't come back and get this message but wanted to respond to you just in case.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

the last song i ever sent you, 2 days before i lost you.

you said you remembered that song were excited to hear it again!!! and we talked about dumb shit.

i still send you songs every other day and i don't know when i'll stop. probably never? whenever i hear a song you like, a song that i know will make you so nostalgic that you'll share a story with me about it, i share it. we'd talk for hours into the night.

i want to share litany with you and hear your thoughts. i know you'd like her.

i'm sorry we couldn't do what we planned to do. i'm sorry you couldn't enjoy your new found confidence more. i'm sorry we couldn't have more girl nights and share makeup advice more or go clothes shopping together and buy nothing but have a blast anyway. i'm sorry i didn't read between the lines when you follow up with "but it's ok..." -- it was never ok, and i was so really dumb to not have realized how much more you needed me to be there more.

i love you a lot oddy, always have, always will. i always pretend you're just going through a phase and ghosting me like you did that one time. you're going to talk to me again soon like you always do and send me a random "bitch what u doin i miss u" message and we don't even pretend we haven't talked in a year cos everything just clicks again.

i can't wait till you do.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

shit im hearing this song now again after avoiding it for a year lol and bawling my eyes out, it's so good. you made me feel good, TH. you make me smile and i wish you'd stayed a while longer.
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Happy birthday TH. I miss you brother. :hug: :hugs: :beer: :sigh:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

juliets wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:12 pm
I miss aapje too.

aapje so nice of you to stop in and remember TH. He was one of the originals from back in the day. We miss him so much.

I hope life is treating you well, I have thought about you often through the years. So much fun so long ago. You probably won't come back and get this message but wanted to respond to you just in case.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:13 am Happy birthday TH. I miss you brother. :hug: :hugs: :beer: :sigh:
Happy birthday TH!! I definitely still think about you and miss you :hugs:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Someone mentioned a narwhal in a game thread,and narwhals always make me think of them. We had a blast in a BTS thread playing different versions of that song. It’s a happy memory of them.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Return to “Welcome to the Family”