Host/Mod
7%

Total votes: 30
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 17

Magic the Gathering Mafia [FULL, SUBS WELCOME]

Post by tutuu »

Closed Setup Role Madness. 100 posts per day (cap lifted 1 hour before EoD), 48/24, 6 pm SoD/EoD, Night Closed. Mafia provided customly tailored fakeclaims. Starts as soon as filled.

13 TOWN vs 4 MAFIA

These stuff are guaranteed:

• No investigative abilities of any kind. Cops, trackers, watchers - none of that.

• No redirectors, busdrivers, alignment conversion, immunity to chop, host lies, dead player resurrection.

• No soup kills or any sort of punishment for claiming. Role claiming and info dumping completely safe.

• Not 100% guaranteed but I've put my best effort to make the game balanced and the mech not unfun.

The gameplay will be similar to playing the actual game of Magic by tapping lands to give you or other players mana, and using that mana to cast abilities. No past knowledge of Magic is required, I will teach you everything. Let me explain things simply for now, and down below I'll get more technical on the small details:

• Each player will be assigned a planeswalker that possesses artifact(s), and three land cards.

• The three lands will match the color identity of said planeswalker.

• Each player begins the game with 10 life.

Here are three artifacts that are factional and belong to the Mafia team: (factional meaning they don't belong to any wolf in particular)

Elaborations:
  • This is the de facto Mafia factional kill. Mafia does not have a factional kill outside of this.
  • Nobody has any abilities inherent to them, instead, everything happens through the use of artifact cards
  • At the left you will see the cost for activating this ability. It has two costs - the (3) - which means 3 generic mana.
  • Generic mana costs can be paid by any of the 5 colors + by colorless mana.
  • Don't confuse generic with colorless! This (3) does not signify 3 colorless mana.
  • The other cost is "tapping" the card, turning it sideways, signified by the arrow.
  • Most abilities require their source to be tapped, so that they can only be used once per turn (or phase here).
  • Lands also need to get tapped in order to produce mana.
  • In this game, at the beginning of each day phase, all lands and all artifacts all players control will untap (return to normal).
  • So in order to activate this ability you simply tell me "I wish to pay, let's say, white, red and blue mana to activate Wolf Pack and target Bob.
Here is how an example land would look like:

Elaborations:
  • You may freely submit and change your choice in the first 36 hours. After that it gets locked
  • If you make an invalid submission; don't submit on time, or if your target gets chopped - you will target yourself with the relevant lands.
  • A player who gets yeeted does not get to give out mana, it disappears.
  • At the end of each night, all mana that hasn't been used for something disappears, it does not stay around.
Here is the second mafia factional artifact:

Elaborations:
  • Note that both this and the Wolf Pack are night actions, you can't use them during the day (you would have no mana to do that anyway)
  • The purpose of this artifact is to prevent the town from breaking the game by making public plans on how to handle everyone's mana.
  • Counter (as seen in this card) means roleblock or more specifically just "block". I won't be using the word roleblock anymore, its synonymous with "counter".
  • Exiling a player removes them from the game and does not reveal their alignment (as if they were janitored)
  • Which reminds me that upon death, players will flip their planeswalker, all of their land cards and all of the artifacts in their possession. The thing that they will not reveal is the state of their cards (tapped or untapped) as well as their current life total. More on the mechanics later.
And the final Mafia factional artifact:

Elaborations:
  • As you can see this has two "arrows". This simply means that the user can choose which one of the two costs can pay. They can pay with their life points, or pay with mana. In either case it gets tapped and cannot be used until next night.
  • I host guarantee that this ability is the only source in the game that lets people know of anyone's life total. Town has no tools of acquiring information about anyone's life amounts. Whenever a player takes damage, they do not get notified of anything. (so if you're Mafia don't be afraid to lie about your night actions!)
  • This ability says "instantly". Unlike Wolf Pack and Punish the Fool which are your standard actions (in this game let's call them abilities), this card has an instant effect, and you instantly receive the information, you don't have to wait until start of day.
  • I will be elaborating as much as possible on everyone's cards, whether or not they can self target, consecutively target, what's instant etc. I think clarity is priority number 1 and I hope to not disappoint!
tutuu

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia [SIGN UPS] - 0/17

Post by tutuu »

Image - Energy, Order and Life

Image - Intelligence, Technology and Illusion

Image - Death, Decay and Darkneess

Image - Chaos, Impulse and Fury

Image - Nature, Life and Strength
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Mechanics:
  • On death, player alignment, planeswalker, land cards and all artifacts in possession are publicly revealed. Life total at time of death is not; Status of cards (tapped or untapped) is also not. Exiling hides all of this information.
  • Players receive no notification upon their life totals changing. There is host confirmed no method of attaining this information except for the publicly revealed Mafia Factional Artifact "Lifescope"
  • Discord account mandatory for wolf chat
  • Minimum post count of 5 per day but only for emergency. I expect at least 20 to 25 posts per player every day and at least 1 hour of your time in total every 48 hour day phase!
  • Post cap unlocked 1 hour before EoD
  • Night locked
  • No hammer
  • Hammer and locked votes in LyLo
  • Mafia will have customly tailored fake claims
  • Tied wagon get resolved by mafia (I will have the mafia prepare a list during the day. I will lock it in at the 36 hour mark of each day phase, right along with the lands).
  • No chop is a viable option
  • There will be 24 hour day 0 (it won't count towards the 36 hours for the lands)
  • The official votes will be those written manually by the vote tags. The votes in the poll will be unofficial.
  • I've written on all artifacts whether or not you can self target and/or consecutively target
  • Activating the Mafia Factional Artifact "Wolf Pack" is not mandatory every night
  • Night actions get locked 1 hour before SoD
  • I will allow all mafia to take control of each other's slots and make decisions with each other's lands and artifacts at all times even without permission from other mafia buddies
  • Mafia will have a 24/7 Discord chat

Order of operations:

1. Stuff that are uncounterable (for example one of the Mafia Factional Artifacts I showed earlier)

2, Countermagic

3. Non damaging abilities

4. Damaging abilities (for example the Mafia Factional Kill

-Instant effects such as those of the Lifescope happen instantly and don't get resolved the same way as standard actions.

Order of counterspell resolution in case of multiple:
  • A counters B. Both get countered.
  • A counters B. B counters C. C counters B. A gets resolved first since it's untouched, countering B. C is left untouched.
  • A counters B. B counters C. C counters A. All three get countered.

Timeline of phases
  • 6 PM EST - Day starts
  • +36 hours after Day start - Lands are locked in, Mafia list of chop ties is locked
  • +47 hour after Day start - Post cap gets lifted
  • +48 hours after Day start - Day ends
  • Everyone receives their mana and Night begins
  • +23 hours after Night starts - Night actions are locked in
  • +24 hours after Night starts - Night ends, actions are resolved, reveals are posted, lands and artifacts are untapped, any unspent mana is fizzled out

Rules:
  • You should not mention that you have angleshooty/OGI reads. You should never mention the word "angleshoot" or "OGI" in a post period. If you attain one, make up another reason to justify the read or speculation, something that's tied to in-game stuff that other people can engage with. If you claim that "I have a dirty read on X and I can't say why" - nobody can engage with this, and I don't believe it's fair. Do not respond to other people mentioning anything regarding angleshooting, because things can have a domino effect. Just alert the host and pretend the post doesn't exist.
  • The players should not interact with the host ITT in any way. They should not ping them with questions, they should ask privately.
  • Do not refer to mod communication. That's obvious, but:
  • When having to refer to mod communication because you have no other choice (for instance, you need to ask the host on clarification on your role): Do not say "I asked tutuu and she told me this and this and that". Instead, you should say "I was told that blah blah blah". Do not clarify that you asked me something and do not clarify on the timing of this player/host communication. Leave it as ambiguous as possible.
  • Do not mention ongoing games, do not interact with them in any way shape or form. Even if you're dead in one, if that game is not completed, pretend that it does not exist. Do not mention this game in any other games you're playing as well.
  • Do not mention substitutions. Do not post reads that speculate about alignment based on substitution, do not publicly ask players to sub out, do not say that you are considering subbing out especially for game-relevant reasons.

"I'm very busy with exams, I think I'm going to sub out guys." - Generally I frown upon this but I most likely won't punish you.
    "I've been very frustrated with how I was treated this game, I'm considering subbing out" - I am going to punish you for posts like these. They angleshoot you as town, please do not make them.
  • Do not try to gain information and discuss things related to the verbatim wordings of things in rolecards and night action results.
  • Do not threaten to quote your role PM, sub out, get yourself modkilled on purpose etc our of frustration. Essentially this is a form of anti-AtE rule.
  • Paraphrase as much as possible when claiming your role or night results.
  • All other standard rules that I believe everyone is familiar with: Do not contact other players illegally, do not copypaste player-host interaction, do not use ciphers, hide, delete or edit posts, do not post game-relevant stuff when you're dead, etc.
I want to turn special attention to this one:
  • Sportsmanlike rule: If you are town, try to be mindful of how much trust tells ruin deception games like Mafia. If you want to express a lot of frustration at someone, your first instinct should be "If I was Mafia in this position and if I was a liar, would I feel uncomfortable faking all of this frustration I am about to express?"
    If the answer is yes, you should not make that post as town. If the answer is no - go ahead.
    In a similar veins please don't abuse trust tells that skew the winrate into only one of the alignment (for instance "I never bus as wolf" or "I would never kill a newcomer n1 on the Syndicate" < that one gives u a dirty townread imo). The most common trust tell is ("I'm more rude as town than as Mafia").
    Please be empathic towards your opposing team, Mafia is a competitive game!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

SIGNUPS:
1. Poison
2. Guillotine
3. Esooa
4. Made
5. DrWilgy
6. Jackofhearts005
7. hollowkatt
8. Long Con
9. Kylemii
10. Justplayingitcool
11. tedxtr
12. MacDougall
13. Marmot
14. Enrique
15. falcon45ca
16. dunya
17. Epignosis

SUB:
1. Syn
2. 112
3. Urist

SPEC:
1. Nanook
2. PSINightmare

MOD:
1. Hally
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

/innnnn

Ily tutuuuuuuu
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Made
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

lesssgooo
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia [SIGN UPS] - 6/17

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I’ll take spec for this plz
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:23 pm I’ll take spec for this plz
okiiii! <3

(lol i accidently edited that in ur post)
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

I will /sub
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by hollowkatt »

/IN
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

hollowkatt wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:40 pm/IN
suppose I should read the setup/rules or something
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

hollowkatt wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:43 pm
dont worry noone reads those
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

tutuu wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:46 pm
Too Late! I have read them.
Did you create the cards yourself? Like I know you wrote the text, but what about putting the whole package together? Cause that's impressive.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Intense. I would like to play please.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

I did! I know it's limited to 100 posts and no open nights, my favorite kind of set up! :slick:
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I want to share the playmat I made to play Magic upon. This is the place, I suppose!

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

hollowkatt wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Too Late! I have read them.
Did you create the cards yourself? Like I know you wrote the text, but what about putting the whole package together? Cause that's impressive.
yesss, everything made by myself!!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:00 am I want to share the playmat I made to play Magic upon. This is the place, I suppose!

wait you MADE THIS??? how do u mean? like u drew this??? or like physically made? but how??
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Guillotine wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:58 pm
I did! I know it's limited to 100 posts and no open nights, my favorite kind of set up! :slick:
hihi :cloud9:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Made in Photoshop, and created by inkedplaymats.com! I actually traded playmat designs for Magic cards online for a time: http://mikesteffler.com/playmats/playmats.html
tutuu

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia [SIGN UPS] - 8/17

Post by tutuu »

thats incredibly cool <3 <3 <3
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:07 am thats incredibly cool <3 <3 <3
:noble: It's all Raymond Swanland art (the one I posted; my playmat)... he is the greatest artist in MTG!
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by PSINightmareEmpower »

GOD this looks tempting. But I'm actually going to be hosting a 1-2 month-long game offsite (my first time hosting!) in just a couple of weeks and I doubt I'll be able to handle a first-time hosting job while playing another game at the same time, so I should probably stay out of this one :<

For now put me in for spec chat, but I'll let you know if I change my mind.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:48 am GOD this looks tempting. But I'm actually going to be hosting a 1-2 month-long game offsite (my first time hosting!) in just a couple of weeks and I doubt I'll be able to handle a first-time hosting job while playing another game at the same time, so I should probably stay out of this one :<

For now put me in for spec chat, but I'll let you know if I change my mind.
<3 <3 <3
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

i place a swamp energy card down in defense mode and end my turn (im in)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

:wowee:
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia [SIGN UPS] - 9/17

Post by Justplayingitcool »

I just know I'm going to get an aneurysm from all the mech stuff lol
tedxtr
:wiz:
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia [SIGN UPS] - 9/17

Post by tedxtr »

in it to slank and have funsies
ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:12 am
:noble: It's all Raymond Swanland art (the one I posted; my playmat)... he is the greatest artist in MTG!
Second Greatest ;-)
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:48 pm
Second Greatest ;-)
We know the darkness you worship...

hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:51 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:48 pm
Second Greatest ;-)
We know the darkness you worship...

While Mark Tedin is a great artist, I'm super partial to Rebecca Guay
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia [SIGN UPS] - 12/17

Post by Long Con »

Absolutely, she is a super classic MTG artist from the get-go.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

We got as much people subbing as there are players sign up. lol Come on friends! We need 5 to wrap this up.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'll play but I hope we don't start for a bit longer still...
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by falcon45ca »

I played Magic back in Grade 7, circa 1834.

Sign me up hoss
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia [SIGN UPS] - 15/17

Post by Marmot »

I'm a big fan of Draft.

/in!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

one more......oneeeeeeeee moreeeeeeeeeee
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:55 pm I played Magic back in Grade 7, circa 1834.

Sign me up hoss
Sounds like you might have an Alpha Black Lotus up your sleeve...!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Need 1 hero
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:55 pm I played Magic back in Grade 7, circa 1834.

Sign me up hoss
Sounds like you might have an Alpha Black Lotus up your sleeve...!
Nah, but I used to have a Sara Angel, and a Wall of Flesh that looked badass
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

tutuu wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:50 pmNeed 1 hero
I am the hero you deserve.

Go.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

<3 @Epignosis
Loan Shark

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia [FULL, SUBS WLCOME]

Post by 112 »

Put me in as a sub!

dunya recruited me but i only got the message just now
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

@Poison
@Guillotine
@Esooa
@Made
@DrWilgy
@Jackofhearts2005
@hollowkatt
@Long Con
@Kylemii
@Justplayingitcool
@tedxtr
@MacDougall
@Marmot
@Enrique
@falcon45ca
@dunya
@Epignosis

I have DM'd all of you asking if you're okay with starting the 24 hour long Day 0 this Saturday 6 PM EST. If I receive confirmation from most of you we will start!!!

You will receive your role PMs immediately before Day 0 starts. Until then you can still talk about the game on Discord or wherever you like

@falcon45ca please add me on Discord tutuu#6567 !
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

112 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:05 pm Put me in as a sub!

dunya recruited me but i only got the message just now
<3 <3
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 5
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:54 pm

Go.

Look who's fully back in the swing of mafia. :hugs:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sup, i’ll be MoDing :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Hally wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:06 pm sup, i’ll be MoDing :biggrin:
*slides into hally's dms*
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

patpat hally
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:06 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:54 pm

Go.

Look who's fully back in the swing of mafia. :hugs:
It's great stuff, maybe he'll post as only Magic Card images for the whole game! :grin:

Return to “Previous Racket Sign-Ups”