Magic the Gathering Mafia - Game Over - Mafia has won!

Moderator: Community Team

tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 115

Magic the Gathering Mafia - Game Over - Mafia has won!

Post by tutuu »

Closed Setup Role Madness. 100 posts per day (cap lifted 1 hour before EoD), 48/24, 6 pm SoD/EoD, Night Closed. Mafia provided customly tailored fakeclaims. Starts as soon as filled.

13 TOWN vs 4 MAFIA

These stuff are guaranteed:

• No investigative abilities of any kind. Cops, trackers, watchers - none of that.

• No redirectors, busdrivers, alignment conversion, immunity to chop, host lies, dead player resurrection.

• No soup kills or any sort of punishment for claiming. Role claiming and info dumping completely safe.

• Not 100% guaranteed but I've put my best effort to make the game balanced and the mech not unfun.

ISOs:
tutuu

DrWilgy
dunya / TonyStarkPrime
Enrique
Epignosis
falcon45ca
Guillotine / Sloonei
Jackofhearts2005
Justplayingitcool
Kylemii
Long Con
MacDougall
Made
Marmot
Nicol Bolas / 112
hollowkatt
tedxtr
Poison / Urist

Explanation on how to play the game under the spoiler:
Spoiler: show
The gameplay will be similar to playing the actual game of Magic by tapping lands to give you or other players mana, and using that mana to cast abilities. No past knowledge of Magic is required, I will teach you everything. Let me explain things simply for now, and down below I'll get more technical on the small details:

• Each player will be assigned a planeswalker that possesses artifact(s), and three land cards.

• The three lands will match the color identity of said planeswalker.

• Each player begins the game with 10 life.

Here are three artifacts that are factional and belong to the Mafia team: (factional meaning they don't belong to any wolf in particular)

Elaborations:
  • This is the de facto Mafia factional kill. Mafia does not have a factional kill outside of this.
  • Nobody has any abilities inherent to them, instead, everything happens through the use of artifact cards
  • At the left you will see the cost for activating this ability. It has two costs - the (3) - which means 3 generic mana.
  • Generic mana costs can be paid by any of the 5 colors + by colorless mana.
  • Don't confuse generic with colorless! This (3) does not signify 3 colorless mana.
  • The other cost is "tapping" the card, turning it sideways, signified by the arrow.
  • Most abilities require their source to be tapped, so that they can only be used once per turn (or phase here).
  • Lands also need to get tapped in order to produce mana.
  • In this game, at the beginning of each day phase, all lands and all artifacts all players control will untap (return to normal).
  • So in order to activate this ability you simply tell me "I wish to pay, let's say, white, red and blue mana to activate Wolf Pack and target Bob.
Here is how an example land would look like:

Elaborations:
  • You may freely submit and change your choice in the first 36 hours. After that it gets locked
  • If you make an invalid submission; don't submit on time, or if your target gets chopped - you will target yourself with the relevant lands.
  • A player who gets yeeted does not get to give out mana, it disappears.
  • At the end of each night, all mana that hasn't been used for something disappears, it does not stay around.
Here is the second mafia factional artifact:

Elaborations:
  • Note that both this and the Wolf Pack are night actions, you can't use them during the day (you would have no mana to do that anyway)
  • The purpose of this artifact is to prevent the town from breaking the game by making public plans on how to handle everyone's mana.
  • Counter (as seen in this card) means roleblock or more specifically just "block". I won't be using the word roleblock anymore, its synonymous with "counter".
  • Exiling a player removes them from the game and does not reveal their alignment (as if they were janitored)
  • Which reminds me that upon death, players will flip their planeswalker, all of their land cards and all of the artifacts in their possession. The thing that they will not reveal is the state of their cards (tapped or untapped) as well as their current life total. More on the mechanics later.
And the final Mafia factional artifact:

Elaborations:
  • This is a night action
  • As you can see this has two "arrows". This simply means that the user can choose which one of the two costs can pay. They can pay with their life points, or pay with mana. In either case it gets tapped and cannot be used until next night.
  • I host guarantee that this ability is the only source in the game that lets people know of anyone's life total. Town has no tools of acquiring information about anyone's life amounts. Whenever a player takes damage, they do not get notified of anything. (so if you're Mafia don't be afraid to lie about your night actions!)
  • This ability says "instantly". Unlike Wolf Pack and Punish the Fool which are your standard actions (in this game let's call them abilities), this card has an instant effect, and you instantly receive the information, you don't have to wait until start of day.
  • I will be elaborating as much as possible on everyone's cards, whether or not they can self target, consecutively target, what's instant etc. I think clarity is priority number 1 and I hope to not disappoint!
tutuu

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia - Day 0

Post by tutuu »

Mechanics:
  • On death, player alignment, planeswalker, land cards and all artifacts in possession are publicly revealed. Life total at time of death is not; Status of cards (tapped or untapped) is also not. Exiling hides all of this information.
  • Players receive no notification upon their life totals changing. There is host confirmed no method of attaining this information except for the publicly revealed Mafia Factional Artifact "Lifescope"
  • Discord account mandatory for wolf chat
  • Minimum post count of 5 per day but only for emergency. I expect at least 20 to 25 posts per player every day and at least 1 hour of your time in total every 48 hour day phase!
  • Post cap unlocked 1 hour before EoD
  • Night locked
  • No hammer
  • Hammer and locked votes in LyLo
  • Mafia will have customly tailored fake claims
  • Tied wagon get resolved by mafia (I will have the mafia prepare a list during the day. I will lock it in at the 36 hour mark of each day phase, right along with the lands). By default it will be in alphabetical order if they never submit.
  • No chop is a viable option
  • There will be 24 hour day 0 (it won't count towards the 36 hours for the lands)
  • The official votes will be those written manually by the vote tags. The votes in the poll will be unofficial.
  • Voting BOTH in the thread with <vote> tags and in the poll is mandatory. At the end of the day if there is a difference, I will take into account the votes ITT
  • I've written on all artifacts whether or not you can self target and/or consecutively target
  • Activating the Mafia Factional Artifact "Wolf Pack" is not mandatory every night
  • Night actions get locked 1 hour before SoD
  • I will allow all mafia to take control of each other's slots and make decisions with each other's lands and artifacts at all times even without permission from other mafia buddies
  • Mafia will have a 24/7 Discord chat
  • Any unspent mana fizzles (disappears)
  • Members of the Mafia can't combine their mana to activate Factional Artifacts - a single user must pay it by themself and activate it by themself.

Order of operations:

1. Stuff that are uncounterable (for example one of the Mafia Factional Artifacts I showed earlier)

2. Countermagic

3. Non damaging abilities

4. Damaging abilities (for example the Mafia Factional Kill)

-Instant effects such as those of the Lifescope happen instantly and don't get resolved the same way as standard actions.

Order of counterspell resolution in case of multiple:
  • A counters B. B counters A. Both get countered.
  • A counters B. B counters C. C counters B. A gets resolved first since it's untouched, countering B. C is left untouched.
  • A counters B. B counters C. C counters A. All three get countered.

Timeline of phases
  • 6 PM EST - Day starts
  • +36 hours after Day start - Lands are locked in, Mafia list of chop ties is locked
  • +47 hour after Day start - Post cap gets lifted
  • +48 hours after Day start - Day ends
  • Everyone receives their mana and Night begins
  • +23 hours after Night starts - Night actions are locked in
  • +24 hours after Night starts - Night ends, actions are resolved, reveals are posted, lands and artifacts are untapped, any unspent mana is fizzled out

Rules:
  • You should not mention that you have angleshooty/OGI reads. You should never mention the word "angleshoot" or "OGI" in a post period. If you attain one, make up another reason to justify the read or speculation, something that's tied to in-game stuff that other people can engage with. If you claim that "I have a dirty read on X and I can't say why" - nobody can engage with this, and I don't believe it's fair. Do not respond to other people mentioning anything regarding angleshooting, because things can have a domino effect. Just alert the host and pretend the post doesn't exist.
  • The players should not interact with the host ITT in any way. They should not ping them with questions, they should ask privately.
  • Do not refer to mod communication. That's obvious, but:
  • When having to refer to mod communication because you have no other choice (for instance, you need to ask the host on clarification on your role): Do not say "I asked tutuu and she told me this and this and that". Instead, you should say "I was told that blah blah blah". Do not clarify that you asked me something and do not clarify on the timing of this player/host communication. Leave it as ambiguous as possible.
  • Do not mention ongoing games, do not interact with them in any way shape or form. Even if you're dead in one, if that game is not completed, pretend that it does not exist. Do not mention this game in any other games you're playing as well.
  • Do not mention substitutions. Do not post reads that speculate about alignment based on substitution, do not publicly ask players to sub out, do not say that you are considering subbing out especially for game-relevant reasons.

"I'm very busy with exams, I think I'm going to sub out guys." - Generally I frown upon this but I most likely won't punish you.
    "I've been very frustrated with how I was treated this game, I'm considering subbing out" - I am going to punish you for posts like these. They angleshoot you as town, please do not make them.
  • Do not try to gain information and discuss things related to the verbatim wordings of things in rolecards and night action results.
  • Do not threaten to quote your role PM, sub out, get yourself modkilled on purpose etc our of frustration. Essentially this is a form of anti-AtE rule.
  • Paraphrase as much as possible when claiming your role or night results.
  • All other standard rules that I believe everyone is familiar with: Do not contact other players illegally, do not copypaste player-host interaction, do not use ciphers, hide, delete or edit posts, do not post game-relevant stuff when you're dead, etc.
I want to turn special attention to this one:
  • Sportsmanlike rule: If you are town, try to be mindful of how much trust tells ruin deception games like Mafia. If you want to express a lot of frustration at someone, your first instinct should be "If I was Mafia in this position and if I was a liar, would I feel uncomfortable faking all of this frustration I am about to express?"
    If the answer is yes, you should not make that post as town. If the answer is no - go ahead.
    In a similar veins please don't abuse trust tells that skew the winrate into only one of the alignment (for instance "I never bus as wolf" or "I would never kill a newcomer n1 on the Syndicate" < that one gives u a dirty townread imo). The most common trust tell is ("I'm more rude as town than as Mafia").
    Please be empathic towards your opposing team, Mafia is a competitive game!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Factional Mafia Artifacts:

(exiling a player is like janitor-ing them)

(this is a night action only)

LIVING PLAYERS:

Poison / Urist
Guillotine / Sloonei
Nicol Bolas / 112
Jackofhearts2005
hollowkatt
Long Con
Justplayingitcool
Enrique
falcon45ca
dunya / TonyStarkPrime
Epignosis

DEAD PLAYERS:
Made - Karn - Chopped D1 - TOWN
Kylemii - Ajani - Died N1 - TOWN
tedxtr - Kaya - Chopped D2 - TOWN
Marmot - Will Kenrith - Died N2 - TOWN
DrWilgy - Saheeli Rai - Chopped D3 - TOWN
MacDougall - Ral - Killed N3 - TOWN

THREADMARKS:
Day 0 start
Day 1 start
Day 2 start
Day 3 start
Day 4 start
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Game has started! Sorry for the delay

There will be no votes and no participation is required during this Day 0, and nobody can send mana or activate abilities yet. it will still end in 6 PM EST. Then Day 1 begins. The 100 post cap begins to count after D1 starts.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 270

Post by falcon45ca »

Game on y'all. I'm town and I'm starting a town core. Whoever is town is welcome. No scum allowed.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

hello I'm making this post for recommendations on how to role play this

good bye now
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Nicol Bolas wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:57 pm hello I'm making this post for recommendations on how to role play this

good bye now
With the lights off?

I dunno, s'all I got
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

hi friends, i’ll be your MoD for this game. if you have issues with another player, the host or the game in general i encourage you to message me so we can work through your frustrations and help ensure the game is a positive experience for everyone. i’ll also be following along and may reach out to people as needed

have fun everyone! :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Nicol Bolas wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:57 pm hello I'm making this post for recommendations on how to role play this

good bye now
You could talk like this, for starters.

I picture Nicol Bolas as articulate, cruel, and condescending.
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:56 pm Game on y'all. I'm town and I'm starting a town core. Whoever is town is welcome. No scum allowed.
I will join the towncore.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 216
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I got my favorite magic character as my role. 🥰
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 349

Post by hollowkatt »

good bye now
Definitely lots of gloating about literally everything.
Also, just for the record, Nicol Bolas best Elder Dragon Legend in the game. Screw Ugin, he's a putz.
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Alright, town core is 2 strong. Off to a good start
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:11 pm I got my favorite magic character as my role. 🥰
I got mine!
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:22 pm Alright, town core is 2 strong. Off to a good start
I will not be joining your town core
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Jack and Hollowkat have elected not to join the town core by virtue of ignoring my town core post.

Ergo, they are scum.

Boom, thats 2 down, 2 to go.

This game gunna be EZ
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:22 pm Alright, town core is 2 strong. Off to a good start
I noticed.

[VOTE: VOTE HOLLOWKAT] aubergine
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 251
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm
I noticed.

I noticed you're paying particular attention to responses to your town core post. Is there a reason you didn't mention I also ignored it?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm Jack and Hollowkat have elected not to join the town core by virtue of ignoring my town core post.

Ergo, they are scum.

This game gunna be EZ
I’m literally towncore. :noble:

Gah, I’m tempted to download a mtg game and waste a bunch of my life.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I can't say I'm fond of the card I was given. It feels almost like a cruel joke. My alignment isn't to my preference either; having to work with the rest of town sounds beneath my dignity. I'll try regardless, though, I'm still here to crush my enemies
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Nicol Bolas wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:36 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm
I noticed.

I noticed you're paying particular attention to responses to your town core post. Is there a reason you didn't mention I also ignored it?
Yes there is!

I missed your post. Human error, mea culpa. Now that its been brought to my attention, you're in the scum pile pal
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:38 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm Jack and Hollowkat have elected not to join the town core by virtue of ignoring my town core post.

Ergo, they are scum.

This game gunna be EZ

How so?
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Enrique »

Hi friends. I’m gonna be busy tn so I won’t really be posting till tomorrow but wanted to check in!
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DrWilgy »

Fetch, shock, tap blood crypt for Thoughtseize.

Bolas revealed scum.

Jack revealed scum.

Hk town.

LC town.

Falcon town.

Guillotine for some reason mulled to 0 so no data.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

My card has some pretty sweet artwork, but I'm unfamiliar with the card. Imma Google it and see what the interwebs has to say about her.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:44 pm My card has some pretty sweet artwork, but I'm unfamiliar with the card. Imma Google it and see what the interwebs has to say about her.
Oh god she's not green is she?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:31 pm Image
Is this an Ajani hint?
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:43 pm Fetch, shock, tap blood crypt for Thoughtseize.

Bolas revealed scum.

Jack revealed scum.

Hk town.

LC town.

Falcon town.

This already is more reads than I expected from Wilgy, and I don't like the departure from his typical behavior.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:45 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:44 pm My card has some pretty sweet artwork, but I'm unfamiliar with the card. Imma Google it and see what the interwebs has to say about her.
Imma keep that secret for now, but also no.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:41 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:38 pm

Ergo, they are scum.

This game gunna be EZ

How so?
Actually, I’m not gonna get into it atm. :grin:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Nicol Bolas wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:48 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:43 pm Fetch, shock, tap blood crypt for Thoughtseize.

Bolas revealed scum.

Jack revealed scum.

Hk town.

LC town.

Falcon town.

This already is more reads than I expected from Wilgy, and I don't like the departure from his typical behavior.
Untap, Mountain, Bolt Bolas face and suspend rift bolt.
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Looks like the card goes for anywhere between 3 -16 bucks on eBay...in Canadian dollars tho.

Also, Dr Wilgy hasn't done his "def Dr" bit yet, so that's concerning
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Why claim when you’re unyeetable to begin with? :haha:

Just cause I like the character won’t change that.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:49 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:45 pm
Imma keep that secret for now, but also no.
Ok... Like I know we are supposed to be hunting mafia, but let's just yeet all the green planeswalkers instead. They are so flammable.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:50 pm Looks like the card goes for anywhere between 3 -16 bucks on eBay...in Canadian dollars tho.

My def dr bit? I'm a planeswalker, not sure what you are talking about.

Cast suspended rift bolt at bolas face, mountain go.
Image Image Image
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Before someone naively criticizes me for considering Wilgy making a joke post be a departure from his meta of making home posts, I'll explain more. Wilgy typically opens claiming doctor, and is known for slanking and generally not giving many reads. Not giving reads is something Wilgy commonly gets flak for, something he wants to avoid if scum. Thus, the fact his joke is replaced with outing reads is notable to me
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:52 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:50 pm Looks like the card goes for anywhere between 3 -16 bucks on eBay...in Canadian dollars tho.

My def dr bit? I'm a planeswalker, not sure what you are talking about.

Cast suspended rift bolt at bolas face, mountain go.
I thought you have a "I'm def a Dr" shtick, but perhaps you're role-playing atm?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Nicol Bolas wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:52 pm Before someone naively criticizes me for considering Wilgy making a joke post be a departure from his meta of making home posts, I'll explain more. Wilgy typically opens claiming doctor, and is known for slanking and generally not giving many reads. Not giving reads is something Wilgy commonly gets flak for, something he wants to avoid if scum. Thus, the fact his joke is replaced with outing reads is notable to me
This is what I'm talking about
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I meant joke post, not home post, of course.

The character claims are interesting to me. I find them NAI because we don't know what characters mafia will be, but I think it may actually be useful for us to claim the color of our abilities so that we don't waste mana giving it to others. I'd like some contribution on what extent town should share information relating to their role, but be wary that what you say can give scum info you don't intend to share on your role
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Ok, I'm gonna have to read up on the Mana rules n such, cuz honestly I'm just flying by the seat of my pants right now
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m gonna throw out more claim right now than I normally do in games because I think it might be strategically helpful.

I have essentially two powers. One can be cast by the mana I produce or less and it’s not great. The other can be cast by more mana than I can produce by myself in a turn and is pretty decent. It’s my understanding that I can’t save up mana turn to turn.

Without rereading the rules or my rolecard, we have 10 life and a mafia kill removes 10 life. Say I need 2 extra mana to use my better ability. If I can actually get that mana and if I get targeted by that dissolve the fool power every night, it’d take 5 nights of using a better power to die, which is probably totally worth it in a game this side. Arguably no downside, even.

So the real downside to anyone with an ability choice like mine is outting that I have “a decent power” and then either having to say “give me mana if you can spare it,” which risks the fool blast doing extra damage or just not getting anything, or we have to more publicly declare what we’re doing, making it easier to not get the mana you need and generally making the wolf’s job of disrupting town powerroles easier. Ie if I’m town and LC is town and the mafia has a rb, they can essentially block us both if we make it public that LC is giving me mana by blocking me. But if I just say “give me mana” I might get 5+ and get fool killed in 2 nights instead of 5.

So like...thoughts on the best way to strategerize with this setup?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Nicol Bolas wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:52 pm Before someone naively criticizes me for considering Wilgy making a joke post be a departure from his meta of making home posts, I'll explain more. Wilgy typically opens claiming doctor, and is known for slanking and generally not giving many reads. Not giving reads is something Wilgy commonly gets flak for, something he wants to avoid if scum. Thus, the fact his joke is replaced with outing reads is notable to me
Explanation unnecessary, I got it from the first call-out, and agreed. I was going to say something about the lack of a "def doc" opener, but falcon got in there first. I think these factors are pretty notable.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

wuzz poppin
Pov: you reading my takes
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:01 pm I’m gonna throw out more claim right now than I normally do in games because I think it might be strategically helpful.

I have essentially two powers. One can be cast by the mana I produce or less and it’s not great. The other can be cast by more mana than I can produce by myself in a turn and is pretty decent. It’s my understanding that I can’t save up mana turn to turn.

Without rereading the rules or my rolecard, we have 10 life and a mafia kill removes 10 life. Say I need 2 extra mana to use my better ability. If I can actually get that mana and if I get targeted by that dissolve the fool power every night, it’d take 5 nights of using a better power to die, which is probably totally worth it in a game this side. Arguably no downside, even.

So the real downside to anyone with an ability choice like mine is outting that I have “a decent power” and then either having to say “give me mana if you can spare it,” which risks the fool blast doing extra damage or just not getting anything, or we have to more publicly declare what we’re doing, making it easier to not get the mana you need and generally making the wolf’s job of disrupting town powerroles easier. Ie if I’m town and LC is town and the mafia has a rb, they can essentially block us both if we make it public that LC is giving me mana by blocking me. But if I just say “give me mana” I might get 5+ and get fool killed in 2 nights instead of 5.

Ok, I have sent in my mana all to you.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Long Con wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:03 pm
Explanation unnecessary, I got it from the first call-out, and agreed. I was going to say something about the lack of a "def doc" opener, but falcon got in there first. I think these factors are pretty notable.
(mostly the explanation is based on roleplaying lmao tbh)
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I think coordinating Mana exactly would be a mistake. I don't think anyone should claim. I think people who we are comfortable giving Mana to should possibly claim later into day 1. We want to wait ideally so we don't have PoEd players claiming for no reason. Widely town read players who can use extra Mana can say so ~24 hours into the day (12 hours before lands are locked). This is my first thought regarding claims
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:01 pm I’m gonna throw out more claim right now than I normally do in games because I think it might be strategically helpful.

I've read this thru twice, and I'm still not sure what you're saying.

Seems Magic has gotten a bit more complex since I was a lad.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

once we have a few town read players claiming generally, they can be a pool to *maybe* share Mana to. As I'm thinking about it there are problems to this so this is simply to start discussion on it and I'll think on this more
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 251
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Bolas revealed scum.

Jack revealed scum.

Hk town.

LC town.

Falcon town.

Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.

Return to “Previous Rackets”