Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 721
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Fargo Mafia [Endgame]

Post by Michelle »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:25 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:23 pm Okay
Don't sweat being wrong. The game was a confusing porridge of goop and it never ended. Thanks for giving it the effort you did!
I am not salty for the loss tbh

Thanks!
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 1748
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Fargo Mafia [Game Ends]

Post by Hally »

gg

thx nova
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

curious to see what straw’s role was
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i also genuinely don’t understand why mich was left alive and never blocked

or why you would ever nk esooa last night

but w/e
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i mean, i assume straw was a redirector and that’s why he didn’t kill michelle the last night

but leaving her on the other nights where she could have been killed is just bizarre to me
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 585
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I hope no town players in this game come in with salt and gripes. Each and every one of us did at least one thing to guide this game toward an L. I helped plenty by reading Strawhenge the opposite of correctly, ensuring my legacy would drag for a month and keep him afloat.

The most important reasons town lost are these though:

~ BoKnows
~ Strawhenge
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Strawhenge I'm afraid I have some bad news. Congratulations for your glorious victory, but it comes with a price. I hope you read the terms and services when you registered? If not, be aware that you're now legally obligated to continue playing Mafia games on The Syndicate with at least sporadic frequency. Had you lost, this wouldn't be the case. Tough luck, man.

:shrug2:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:35 pm I hope no town players in this game come in with salt and gripes. Each and every one of us did at least one thing to guide this game toward an L. I helped plenty by reading Strawhenge the opposite of correctly, ensuring my legacy would drag for a month and keep him afloat.

~ BoKnows
~ Strawhenge
meh, i think the loss falls pretty squarely on my shoulders

i pretty much knew it was straw by the end and had the power to singlehandedly vote him out and win us the game but i didn’t do it

sorry town for not bringing it home
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Bo played an awesome game indeed
Jpic too
All this team wasn't suspected until late in the game

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Hally wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:38 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:35 pm I hope no town players in this game come in with salt and gripes. Each and every one of us did at least one thing to guide this game toward an L. I helped plenty by reading Strawhenge the opposite of correctly, ensuring my legacy would drag for a month and keep him afloat.

~ BoKnows
~ Strawhenge

i pretty much knew it was straw by the end and had the power to singlehandedly vote him out and win us the game but i didn’t do it

I don't let you have this responsibility alone, i am the one who kept the vote on Odd who voted for scum.
I was blind.
Town's force is in teamwork. We didn't succeed to work together, that would bring us the win.
No matter how much I would try, alone i choose wrong.
I am sorry

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:37 pm @Strawhenge I'm afraid I have some bad news. Congratulations for your glorious victory, but it comes with a price. I hope you read the terms and services when you registered? If not, be aware that you're now legally obligated to continue playing Mafia games on The Syndicate with at least sporadic frequency. Had you lost, this wouldn't be the case. Tough luck, man.

:shrug2:
I second this

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Michelle wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:42 pm
Hally wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:38 pm

~ BoKnows
~ Strawhenge

I don't let you have this responsibility alone, i am the one who kept the vote on Odd who voted for scum.
I was blind.
Town's force is in teamwork. We didn't succeed to work together, that would bring us the win.
No matter how much I would try, alone i choose wrong.
I am sorry
but that’s the thing, i didn’t have to work with you because i had 3 votes the last day

i could have grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and forced the elimination i wanted but i just didn’t have the guts to assert myself like that even though i knew we’d lose if i didn’t
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:38 pm meh, i think the loss falls pretty squarely on my shoulders

Your mind was on teamwork. I will never fault you for that.

There is a time and a place to be authoritarian and dig your heels in the dirt with a read, but I understand that Hally is rarely going to be the authoritarian sort. I don't blame you for that. I knew this game was lost the moment Michelle had a red check on Esooa. There's just nothing you can do with that. It invalidated the red check on Strawhenge.

If there's anything town derped on here, it's letting him get away with a post-check miller claim. But shit happens. After so much play time and mechanical nonsense, anything starts to seem believable.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 46

Post by novaselinenever »

Remaining roles

Esooa -
"This is a true story."
The UFO

[Passive] - The UFO may not be killed nor eliminated through votes. It has no voting power and doesn't count for town numbers.

[Active] - Twice during the game, the UFO may show up at the location of a target, distracting them as well as any player that visits them.
--- [Plot Armor] - One of those times, it may choose to only distract the players visiting its target.

Wincon - Eliminate all threats to Town
Michelle -
"I'm not saying your life would be easier if it were your prints on the gun, but that's the line along which you should be thinking."
Ben Schmidt

[Active] - Each night, Ben may target a player in order to discern their alignment. He will receive results in the following fashion, "Your target scans [Guilty] / [Innocent]". If a player has participated in 2 mis-eliminations or voted against him twice, his action against them may not be tampered with.

Strawhenge -
Image[/I]
"Being grown's got a price. Kids get slapped when he's bad. When you're grown, you get the fist. Or the knife."
Dodd Gerhardt

[Passive] - Next in line of succession, Dodd will inherit the active abilities of [Floyd Gerhardt] if she dies and become the Godfather of the syndicate.

[Active] - Each night, Dodd may target a player and redirect their actions to a secondary player of his choice. He may not target the same player twice in a row. Not content with being given orders, his ability may not be duplicated by his mother.

Wincon - Eliminate all threats to the Gerhardt Crime Syndicate
Tedxtr -
"What's the point? Just going to die anyway."
Noreen

[Passive] - Noreen learns the identity of any player that visits her. If a player she's voting or voted against her visits her that night, she'll also learn the effect of the ability they performed. She also believes that there is no point in making any efforts as we're all going to die. As such, she may not share any information about her or her results in the thread. She will deny any protections as well. Life is a joke according to Camus.

Alison -
"You know it's the generals that do the thinkin' and everybody else just says, "How high?"."
Captain Cheney

[Active] - During the day, Cheney may plan a meeting between two players and bug it. He will give them access to a private chat for the following night that he will monitor unbeknownst to them. They will only be informed of having been invited to a chat. He may self-select.

[Active] - As the captain of the South Dakota State Patrol, Jeb has several troopers under his command. During the day, he may give instructions to one of them by choosing the target of their active abilities. They may refuse, in which case, Jeb may strip them of their abilities and gift them to someone else.
---- [Trooper Lutz] - May watch a player on odd nights, and track a player on even nights.
---- [Trooper Bowden] - May role-block a player at night / 1-shot Commuter
---- [Trooper Milch] - May bus-drive 2 players at night
---- [Trooper Darnell] - May duplicate failed actions performed on a player at night

Al Sama -
"A deal is always better than war"
Floyd Gerhardt

[Passive] - As the godmother of the Gerhardt Family, Floyd investigates as [Innocent] to regular cops and shows up as [Trooper Sue Letz] to flavor cops. Having bought out the cops and the judges in town, she is immune to the actions of most law enforcement officers in the game. Some are clear on the concept of law enforcement though.

[Passive] - Anytime a player successfully targets her with an ability, she will give them a fair counter-offer and perform back the same effects on them. She will learn the effects the first time they target her, if they target her a second time, she will learn their identity.

[Active] - Thrice during the game, Floyd may take matters into her own hands and duplicate the actions of one of her underlings on a target of her choice. She will lose her immunity that same phase while performing the action.
--- [Handle It Herself] - If the Gerhardt fails to kill someone at night, Floyd may choose to perform the factional kill the following night and upgrade it to a super-kill.

Wincon - Eliminate all threats to the Gerhardt Crime Syndicate
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 46

Post by novaselinenever »

BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1034
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

Awesome game nova!

Had fun playing with everyone.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 482
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

hello I’m here to yell
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I don’t have it in my heart rn but call me back at a later time
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i’m glad this is over

i apologize for not really caring about the game much in the later days but it was just... an endless flood of mechanical/multiball shenanigans, and frankly it just became too exhausting to sort through it all especially when it seemed like there was no end to it

i appreciate the ambition that went into designing a game of this kind and this magnitude but respectfully, my advice in the future is that if your game has the potential to get to a D10, there’s just something wrong with the design

either 1) not enough killpower or 2) too many ways for deaths to be stopped or both

games really should never last this long, and i think the average player is pretty much only ever going to have enough in the tank for maybe 7 phases (maybe even less given this was 48 hour days PLUS open nights, which means that there was never a time where we could take a break and reset)

just something to consider

i think the mechanics were also pretty confusing/borderline bastardish and that multiball is kind of unfun, but if people know they’re getting into that it’s fine (i personally didn’t realize it would be like that but i probably could have figured if i’d thought about it) and i wouldn’t say those are flaws with the game

the length though is something that really shouldn’t happen, and i know it’s hard to foresee in a game with this many variables, but hopefully for the future adjustments can be made
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 373
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:48 pm
KZA wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:44 pm Ben Schmidt literally gets called a "shit cop" by Deputy Solverson in the show so Michelle might be a faulty cop but I really hope not because I hate those roles
Not possible with the check on ted
said the janitor
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

ah, so straw was a redirector

just like i thought :sigh:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 723

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:19 pm A message to the people of Fargo,

My fellow Americans,

Today is a day to rejoice, but also to look ahead. We have eliminated the first threat to our great democracy, but there is still a long road ahead of us. In celebration of our early achievements, I am excited to announce an avocado stimulus. Every American household will receive 1 avocado in the coming weeks. Without the Kansas City Mafia's tight control over our avocado imports, we are free to share our surplus with the hard working American people.
But this is not the end of our agenda. Tonight, we will also be targeting domestic issues that threaten us from within. I wish that I could report more at this time, but it is not in the best interests of our beautiful country for me to do so.

Thank you, stay vigilant, and may God Bless America.
@Oddmerta @Alison @Sloonei @Long Con @tedxtr @KZA @AL_sama @Strawhenge @Justplayingitcool @fingersplints @staypositivefriend @Hally @Dom @BoKnows @Esooa @falcon45ca @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @Michelle @TonyStarkPrime
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:10 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:19 pm A message to the people of Fargo,

My fellow Americans,

Today is a day to rejoice, but also to look ahead. We have eliminated the first threat to our great democracy, but there is still a long road ahead of us. In celebration of our early achievements, I am excited to announce an avocado stimulus. Every American household will receive 1 avocado in the coming weeks. Without the Kansas City Mafia's tight control over our avocado imports, we are free to share our surplus with the hard working American people.
But this is not the end of our agenda. Tonight, we will also be targeting domestic issues that threaten us from within. I wish that I could report more at this time, but it is not in the best interests of our beautiful country for me to do so.

@Oddmerta @Alison @Sloonei @Long Con @tedxtr @KZA @AL_sama @Strawhenge @Justplayingitcool @fingersplints @staypositivefriend @Hally @Dom @BoKnows @Esooa @falcon45ca @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @Michelle @TonyStarkPrime
gotta make it more obvious, chief :p
AL_sama
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by AL_sama »

thanks for the game @novaselinenever

well played everyone

@Strawhenge @BoKnows @Justplayingitcool you guys did awesome and you guys literally carried me lol
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

AL_sama wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:11 pm thanks for the game @novaselinenever

well played everyone

@Strawhenge @BoKnows @Justplayingitcool you guys did awesome and you guys literally carried me lol
hope you enjoyed your first syndicate game!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Game length perspectives seem to vary heavily by culture. There was a time (and it still may be now) when Syndicate full games were always 10 cycles long or longer. We've had our share hit 13+.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:10 pm

My fellow Americans,

gotta make it more obvious, chief :p
I originally planned to use that ability to transmit all my info, but then I found out it was a day ability, so I couldn't use it as a failsafe in the event that I died in the night.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
AL_sama
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by AL_sama »

Hally wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:13 pm

well played everyone

hope you enjoyed your first syndicate game!
yeah took me a while to adapt but it was fun
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hally wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:08 pm ah, so straw was a redirector

he practically outed this information in the thread
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:14 pm Game length perspectives seem to vary heavily by culture. There was a time (and it still may be now) when Syndicate full games were always 10 cycles long or longer. We've had our share hit 13+.
i think if hosts want to have their games last that long they should have closed nights

otherwise players have to post constantly for weeks and it’s just... extremely exhausting for those that live late into the game

i have never seen a game last ten phases afaik so i’m surprised to learn it was the norm on the syndicate

did y’all used to have the stamina to play that long?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:18 pm
Hally wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:08 pm ah, so straw was a redirector

he practically outed this information in the thread
well, yeah but i’m a coward :sigh:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:20 pm did y’all used to have the stamina to play that long?
Generally yes, I think. It was typical, so it didn't seem long. Open nights have also been typical. I definitely understand that it would seem super long though, especially to folks accustomed to smaller scale games of like <18 players ending by Night 7.

I once wrote War and Peace playing in a game that ended on Day 15. The site record is 22 cycles in one game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

what was the deal with the typewriters and pills and stuff?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Folks from spec chat knew Strawhenge was mafia and could naturally pay 5x attention to every letter he typed into his posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally = second highest post count ever

BoKnows = third-highest mafia-aligned post count ever

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The headline here is that Strawhenge is amazing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:22 pm
Hally wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:20 pm did y’all used to have the stamina to play that long?
Generally yes, I think. It was typical, so it didn't seem long. Open nights have also been typical. I definitely understand that it would seem super long though, especially to folks accustomed to smaller scale games of like <18 players ending by Night 7.

I once wrote War and Peace playing in a game that ended on Day 15. The site record is 22 cycles in one game.
oh, well alright

if this was the intended length i guess there’s nothing inherently wrong with it, but i would say it’s one of those things a lot of people who are newer to the site will struggle with because generally games lasting that long is pretty unusual i think

on MU even games with 50+ players take no more than about 8 phases, and that’s by design

so i guess i’m not used to such a drawn out experience

in any case, i’ll probably stay away from these sorts of games and stick to heists/rackets :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:26 pm Hally = second highest post count ever

BoKnows = third-highest mafia-aligned post count ever
i’m sad i couldn’t beat the record :why:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 618
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Thanks for the game nova, the setup was unique and the flavor was great

Gg both mafia teams and Town
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I don't mind a long game, and also the open nights are a nice thing to have in mafia.
Taking time to rest is an option anyone can have, by having moments of distance from the thread.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 618
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

It does kinda suck to lose trying to kill esooa, kinda makes the day we tested her pointless. Weh.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 468
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Everyone, thank you so much for a really fun, brain-breaking game. By D7, I was like, 'I don't care if I wind up getting my ass handed to me; this game is a lot of fun.' :beer:

@novaselinenever, great game design. I've always been fascinated by role madness, which didn't happen too terribly often in games I was in on RYM. Takes a lot of work to balance all of the mechanics, and it all worked very well.

@Hally and @Michelle, you guys did some amazing town work the past few days. It was an absolute pleasure reading your late-game posts, especially when you hit the nail on the head like this.

@BoKnows, @Justplayingitcool, and @AL_sama, y'all were a fun scum team to scum it up with, and our coordination in chat was a thrill.

@JaggedJimmyJay, @Sloonei, @MacDougall, and @Marmot, I wish I'd been able to play with you guys longer this game!

@ Everyone else, I really enjoyed playing with all of you as well; this was a really great group and everyone contributed to a lively game that I always wanted my Mafia games to be.

Me to everyone: :hugs:
Literally just some fucking guy.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Also I wanted to be here actively posting by EOD, but my guitar student had to push his lesson up exactly to EOD time for me. Sorry I was low-posting the last couple days.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

:hug: straw
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

I know there are mixed feeling about multiball, but if only for this being my first game in years, it allowed me to have the best of both worlds: being scum while actively genuinely scumhunting. I just wish my scumdar wasn't so [censored]ing broken :sad:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Strawhenge wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:38 pm @JaggedJimmyJay, @Sloonei, @MacDougall, and @Marmot, I wish I'd been able to play with you guys longer this game!
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:02 pm
@JaggedJimmyJay [Constance] has been super-killed.
:evileye:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

well played everyone

Strawhenge wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:38 pm Everyone, thank you so much for a really fun, brain-breaking game. By D7, I was like, 'I don't care if I wind up getting my ass handed to me; this game is a lot of fun.' :beer:

@novaselinenever, great game design. I've always been fascinated by role madness, which didn't happen too terribly often in games I was in on RYM. Takes a lot of work to balance all of the mechanics, and it all worked very well.

@Hally and @Michelle, you guys did some amazing town work the past few days. It was an absolute pleasure reading your late-game posts, especially when you hit the nail on the head like this.

@BoKnows, @Justplayingitcool, and @AL_sama, y'all were a fun scum team to scum it up with, and our coordination in chat was a thrill.

@JaggedJimmyJay, @Sloonei, @MacDougall, and @Marmot, I wish I'd been able to play with you guys longer this game!

@ Everyone else, I really enjoyed playing with all of you as well; this was a really great group and everyone contributed to a lively game that I always wanted my Mafia games to be.

Me to everyone: :hugs:
Was fun!
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

another W in the books another banner to add
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:43 pm
Strawhenge wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:38 pm @JaggedJimmyJay, @Sloonei, @MacDougall, and @Marmot, I wish I'd been able to play with you guys longer this game!
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:02 pm
@JaggedJimmyJay [Constance] has been super-killed.
:evileye:
For the record, I didn't want to kill you N1, but I went along with it. :,(
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

gg all. thanks to nova for hosting! the wolves played a really strong game and both BoKnows and strawhenge had me fooled at various points because of their tonal purity

lots of things i wish i had done differently in this game (such as trusting my instincts and keeping up my WIM even when the game felt exhausting) and lots of things i wish had gone differently, but it's all a learning experience. hope no one beats themselves up about this game too hard, everyone put in a lot of work regardless of their alignment

Return to “Previous Jobs”